Festival Plaza

Handy Guide to Maximizing Your Participation in the Jan 31st - Feb 14th SuMo Global Mission
Step 1: Have a pokemon whose pre-evo evolves via trading (with or without an item).
Step 2: Enter the GTS and choose Seek Pokemon.
Step 3: Go to the section for the pre-evo of the trade-evolving pokemon you have.
Step 4: Select a player who is looking to trade their pre-evo for an evolved version.
Step 4.5: If the pokemon requires an item for trade-evolving, make sure the other player is offering the correct item.
Step 5: Once you have found a suitable player to trade with, make the trade.
Step 6: Watch the pokemon you got evolve and walk it through any moves it may want to learn.
Step 7: Repeat Steps 3-6 with your newly acquired evolved pokemon, for as long as you want and/or have time to spend.

Heck yeah Friend Ball prize :3

Also they're kinda promoting Festival Plaza, it's like even in the front page and everything

dialganet

Banned deucer.
I'm personally trading at least twice a day. If 100'000 people trade two mons a day for ten days, we're set (hey I want that Friend Ball).

My goal will be to trade two mons as soon as I get up, to then farm trades whenever I get home at night. Hope a lot of people will do the same.

I consistently put Beast Ball regular pokemon on the GTS and they get taken so quickly. Guess its time to start putting up a ton of breedjects again as I save eggs for shiny hatching.

Another option for trading quickly is trading version exclusives for their counterparts (Passimian & Oranguru mostly), I did it the other day and I got trades pretty quickly

I wish you could search for what other people want out of the mons you have. Like if I hatch a bunch of breject Tentacool, I can just search for people looking for Tentacool and send them off. Kinda a pain right now since people are asking for pre-7th gen legendaries for their Abra...

I wish you could search for what other people want out of the mons you have. Like if I hatch a bunch of breject Tentacool, I can just search for people looking for Tentacool and send them off. Kinda a pain right now since people are asking for pre-7th gen legendaries for their Abra...
the best thing to do is just not bother searching out yourself and put stuff up and check on them periodically. Reasonable trades get taken fast.

There's the trick involving trading Magnemites for Magnemites in BW2 to help build up Join Avenue, maybe it could be as useful here?
Indeed it is, as that is exactly what's going on now! People are trading Magnemite for Magnemite nonstop just as they did back then, and boy does it bring back memories... I've already gotten one of my own Magnemite back from someone, that's how much people are trading them right now. If we win this thing, and it's looking quite possible, it's going to be thanks in large part to the return of the Magnemite Coil.

Might just have to clone boxes of legendaries to offer up for Rattata or something. The game can't detect if Pokemon are cloned, right? I'm asking because they banned a few thousand players last week for edited game data and I wasn't sure if clones were under the same umbrella. My gut says no (also the giveaways are still happening) but I just wanted to be sure.

Considering how many breeding spit-backs (pokemon that are nearly perfect but not quite) you can get off the GTS, it's no wonder this shattered so fast. But there are other factors that made it easier, like how for every single trade the count goes up by 2 (1 for each party involved) and unlike island scan, there is no daily limit on how many trades can happen.

Imagine if they do a Wonder Trade mission, that might shatter in an hour.

Don't think this was pointed out yet, but from the site announcement itself:
"any PGL member who reports five or more trades will earn five Rare Candies!"

Those aren't to be sniffed at when levelling is so hard!

Don't think this was pointed out yet, but from the site announcement itself:
"any PGL member who reports five or more trades will earn five Rare Candies!"

Those aren't to be sniffed at when levelling is so hard!
Just a quick PSA, don't just go using them on some random pokemon, considering how you either need to spend crazy amounts of BP, get streaks of 20, or get lucky with Pickup to get them. The best thing to use the Rare Candies on is a pokemon already at level 98 due to Rare Kitchen abuse (Start feeding them Rare Dinners at level 52, 59, or 66 until they reach level 80, then feed it two Rare Buffets to get it to level 9.) Note that this method requires a five star Rare Kitchen and a decent amount of FC (Fortune Teller tents can help with it), but it is the least time-consuming way to level up.

Well, there they are, already finished quickly. And I was only trading scaled Feebas for Latios, Cresselia, and Kartana....
At least I got Calm Latias who would have been good... in Triples.

One differences with the previous mission (especially last one) is that it has no limitation. One factor contributing to success of a mission is time limitation, it seems. With the limit of not more than 2 scores per day in the QR code Pokemon mission and slight tediousness, not many people will want to do that or feels burnt for failing it despite doing their best because of the limit. Trading GTS is very easy, I still check if I can get Dream Ball Eevee in Moon or any other interesting things.

I'm guessing that they're still trying to research the playerbase. This is too easy, while the previous two were too hard.

Oh well, that would be extra +10 ranks anyway. Delicious amount of coins!
I don't mind the Friend Ball, although I have nothing interesting to catch with it anymore (already caught the two Celesteelas, one in Friend Ball)....

Just a quick PSA, don't just go using them on some random pokemon, considering how you either need to spend crazy amounts of BP, get streaks of 20, or get lucky with Pickup to get them. The best thing to use the Rare Candies on is a pokemon already at level 98 due to Rare Kitchen abuse (Start feeding them Rare Dinners at level 52, 59, or 66 until they reach level 80, then feed it two Rare Buffets to get it to level 9.) Note that this method requires a five star Rare Kitchen and a decent amount of FC (Fortune Teller tents can help with it), but it is the least time-consuming way to level up.
Eh, I keep a lot of candies and end up hoarding them instead as I use the pelago feature to raise them from 98 to 100. Maybe I just have too much time or business on my hands....

Last edited:
Note that this method requires a five star Rare Kitchen and a decent amount of FC (Fortune Teller tents can help with it), but it is the least time-consuming way to level up.
Which is an excellent thing to spend the winnings of this event on!

I've been stockpiling traded Pokemon for increased main lottery odds*, and I've collected multiple high-starred lotteries in the plaza (no Master ball yet though) for most of my rare candies, and it's had some success, but yes the 5 free ones for 5 trades (which is hardly any amount of trades, really) are particularly valuable in SM.

*note: Despite trainer IDs being increased to 6 digits, lottery IDs still use 5. So you don't now have to match 6 digits to get a Masterball, thankfully.

This mission was shattered because it was actually fun. I looked at the last two and felt it was a waste of time. This time around... Well I actually had never used GTS and thought "Hey what the heck, might as well see if I can fill out my pokedex." I made my first trade (gave up some starter from a previuos gen and got Incineroar back) and had so much fun with it that I made atleast a dozen trades in about two days. The timing was also good (after Pokebank) so it was easy for me to get stuff like Bruxish/Dhelmise as I had a lot of hot commodities like previous gen starters. Even if I got no FC reward from it, it was fun and worth my time.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I am a bit disappointed that GF never thought of giving out a Love Ball instead given the mission ends on Valentine's Day.

Yeah, this mission was a lot funner than what I was expecting to be. In between bouts of participating in the Magnemite Coil, I was able to get quite a number of breed rejects from Johto Ball and Dream Ball mons, some missing HAs I have been wanting to get a hold of for ages, and got a nice bit of FC along the way. As long as GF doesn't use the results of this mission as a reason to revert to unreasonable goals for future missions, I am actually hyped for what the next one will be!

It's a good thing that there are still people constantly trading Tapus and Ultra Beasts for another of the same species in the GTS.

I myself got to the 5 trades required for the Rare Candies trying to get an Adamant or Jolly Buzzwole.

(I failed)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)