Focus Blast
Surf
Shadow ball
Return
Brick Break
Earthquake
Power-up Punch
Rock Slide

This is my first threat so bear with me. I feel Exploud has been flying under the radar. Exploud gets massive buffs. Exploud gets a buff in its SpA (correct me if I'm worng) and gets Boomburst, witch is one of the most powerful moves in the game. 140 base power Stab with no downsides is nuts. Exploud is also has a great movepool (as seen above). Unfoutently not all things are great for the Loud Noise Pokemon. It suffers for having meh defs and its speed is not that great either.

Set name:Loudest specs ever
Ability: Scrappy
Item: Choice Specs
Evs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 def
Nature: Modest, Quiet
Moves: Boomburst,
Flamethower/Fire Blast
Ice beam/Blizzard
Focus Blast

The set that going to be used the most. Stab Boomburst is very powerful and due to Scrappy, Ghosts wont want to switch in on it. Flamethower and ice beam are for coverage but if you want the extra power, Fire Blast and Blizzard are avalable. Focus Blast are for those Steel Types that think they can wall Boomburst and if the Steel happens to be Fairy, your Fire move will cover that.

Checks and counters

Any Fighting type that is faster and can take a boomburst will have no effert then easly killing Exploud. Also due to its low speed and meh Defs, Revenge killing it will not be hard.

Conclution

Exploud may be outclassted by other Specal Sweepers but it will certenly see some play in the lower tiers. Exploud will not be the OU monster that people wish it was but this a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
You need to sort out a lot of spelling and grammar errors in that OP, man.

Anyway, a no-drawbacks special STAB that is barely weaker than Hyper Beam is beyond insane, and adding Scrappy to the mix makes everything a whole lot better. even some resists are gonna struggle with this thing unless they have massive special bulk (or soundproof). Add in a great movepool and this thing will be a terror to face in NU. I don't think it will climb out of the lowest tier, maybe scraping RU, but in NU it will be a serious contender for the title of best wallbreaker.

Venomoth can pass a Quiver Dance or two to this thing. It's all it really needs to succeed, since there's nothing else with a 140 BP STAB move with no drawbacks out there.

flamethrower / fb already deal with most steel types, and doesn't have the horrible accuracy focus blast does. I'd consider running surf instead, to hit rock types more reliably. Not sure how useful ice beam is, Exploud doesn't really care about getting neutral coverage as a resisted boomburst is still at 105 BP.

flamethrower / fb already deal with most steel types, and doesn't have the horrible accuracy focus blast does. I'd consider running surf instead, to hit rock types more reliably. Not sure how useful ice beam is, Exploud doesn't really care about getting neutral coverage as a resisted boomburst is still at 105 BP.
Focus Blast should only be considered if you really want to use this guy in a tier where Tyranitar will end up roaming around (99% OU, but I won't call anything) as this is the only skill which allows you to break through Assault Vest Tyranitar. Also without Focus Blast forget about trying to hurt pink blobs (although you need LOTS of Spikes/SR support to have a chance for 2HKO or they need to be weakened). It's also possible to run Superpower and invest some EVs in attack as well against pink blobs.

Otherwise I would go with Boomburst/Fire Blast or Flamethrower/Surf/Overheat. Overheat is your last hit resort against steel types, which you must KO in one hit. Toxic in last slot is somewhat ok as well against something you can't hurt at all.

However, Boomburst + Fire Blast + Surf is all Exploud needs, leaving the last slot for some sort of filler. However, most fillers are redundant on Exploud, so something like Taunt, or Substitute, looks like a decent option.

Note: Boomburst Exploud is illegal at Showdown in Pokebank OU for some reason, as I wanted to give the guy a spin in OU.

Focus Blast should only be considered if you really want to use this guy in a tier where Tyranitar will end up roaming around (99% OU, but I won't call anything) as this is the only skill which allows you to break through Assault Vest Tyranitar. Also without Focus Blast forget about trying to hurt pink blobs (although you need LOTS of Spikes/SR support to have a chance for 2HKO or they need to be weakened). It's also possible to run Superpower and invest some EVs in attack as well against pink blobs.

Otherwise I would go with Boomburst/Fire Blast or Flamethrower/Surf/Overheat. Overheat is your last hit resort against steel types, which you must KO in one hit. Toxic in last slot is somewhat ok as well against something you can't hurt at all.
Oh it gets superpower? I think that might be a good option along with BB/surf/fire coverage then, as it hits tyranitar and pink blobs on their weaker defenses

Actually, just looked things up. How exactly does Explouud get superpower? Can't find anything
Yeah, it doesn't, my bad. I made a mistake and looked not on a Pokemon I should on serebii, so you may consider Hammer Arm, although drawback sucks. Even with Superpower there would be no chance to break through Eviolite Chansey (even with Max SpA + Max Atk Expert Belt/Life Orb) as you don't have enough damage. It's enough for Blissey though. And you outspeed both Blissey and defensive versions of Tyranitar even without Speed EVs. And let's face it - it's slow as hell anyway so it's better to maximize his power output.

Expert Belt Hammer Arm vs 4 HP / Max SpD Calm Chansey
62.58%-73.62%

No Item (Expert Bonus doesn't count for Boomburst) STAB Boomburst vs Same Blissey
16.10%-19.02%

Well, this sucks on Boomburst, although I'm 100% sure Exploud learns Taunt. So with moveset of Hammer Arm/Taunt/Fire Blast or Focus Blast/Boomburst you can do what you need to break through Blissey (and you can beat no Seismic Toss Chansey as well). You use Boomburst, taunt next turn and use Hammer Arm (I would stick with Expert Belt to not screw up your plan) and Hammer Arm. After this you should force switch and drop her to low enough level for someone else to finish her off, even if he is special attacker. Chansey without Taunt 100% screw you over. Full HP Tyranitar takes btw...

Max Atk Expert Belt Hammer Arm vs Max HP Tyranitar
93.81%-111.63%

Yeah, it's enough, although you need heavy investment to reach this damage. In the end you may slash Hammer Arm on Specs, but it only works for Tyranitar. There won't be enough damage to even have a chance to dent Chansey and damage on Blissey won't look as impressive.

So yeah, I think it's better to just stick to Specs with full SpA EVs and just admit that you have nothing on pink blobs anyway. And Focus Blast is enough for Tyranitar, although you better hit with it on switch (although this accuracy...).

Things are looking good for Exploud right now. I could see it crawl out of the NU depths and make some noise somewhere in UU or RU.

A speed boost/quiver dance/shell smash baton pass is all it needs to sweep big time.

Although I wonder, why not use Life Orb instead of Specs? If it gets the speed it needs, it could easily sweep with more versatility with Life Orb to stop checks like steel types from scaring him away from using Boom Burst. Instead they'll get a Fire Blast to the face.

Misdreavus? Mr Mime? XD
Scrappy. Ghosts loose their immunity to Normal. So technically it only leaves Rock and Steels for resists.

Mr. Mime however is immune to it with Soundproof ;). Although you may just run Shadow Ball for coverage against it if you want (especially as you have free filler spot to fill in anyway) in lower tiers if it ends up in lower tiers. And honestly I don't think there are many things which actually can handle Exploud, so he may actually see some use in higher ones as STAB Boomburst actually hurts like hell.

Things are looking good for Exploud right now. I could see it crawl out of the NU depths and make some noise somewhere in UU or RU.

A speed boost/quiver dance/shell smash baton pass is all it needs to sweep big time.

Although I wonder, why not use Life Orb instead of Specs? If it gets the speed it needs, it could easily sweep with more versatility with Life Orb to stop checks like steel types from scaring him away from using Boom Burst. Instead they'll get a Fire Blast to the face.
Should probably note that, even resisted, you do more damage with a resisted Boomburst (105 base power) than most neutral moves. If you're looking to wallbreak with him, Specs-boosted Boomburst is amazing for the quick hit since even resisted hits are stronger than neutral Surfs (And neutral Fire Blast is only 5 more BP).

Life Orb wouldn't be a bad choice on a BP recipient, though I'd probably run either Silk Scarf or Expert Belt to avoid recoil since he'll likely need to tank a hit on the switch.

Expert Belt Hammer Arm vs 4 HP / Max SpD Calm Chansey
62.58%-73.62%
wat why the heck are you using a Chansey / Blissey spread like that, these are literally the most physically frail spreads one should ever run:

0 Atk Expert Belt Exploud Hammer Arm vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 314-372 (48.15 - 57.05%) -- 40.63% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Expert Belt Exploud Hammer Arm vs. 112 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 230-274 (34.37 - 40.95%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

No one outside of morons run Blissey with no defense investment.

Exploud got updated special defense, not updated special attack.

However, Boomburst does hit through subs which is nifty and Exploud does get STAB on it which is absurd. Seriously, that attack is insane. 140 BP, 100% accuracy, special attack and it even hits all pokemon on the field like EQ does. Horrifying.

actually with its access to hammer arm and low speed, couldn't Exploud run a mixed trick room set? Hammer arm would keep making it faster and also give great coverage and Boomburst would allow it to murder stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)