Conkeldurr

AV Conk is a bit different than Sheer Force Conk. Arguably Sheer Force Conk does a better job at taking out walls. Not because of Guts - but because Sheer Force + Life Orb is so damn good on the coverage moves. Drain Punch and Mach Punch getting boosted through Life Orb also helps. It just stinks that it suffers from 4 MSS and moves like Earthquake trigger LO recoil.

I view AV Conk more like a unique sponge in that it doesn't mind status and can still do a hefty amount to most of its switch-ins - even walls. Those that it can't really dent AV Conk can retaliate with Knock Off.
I was willing to tolerate the LO recoil for the Iron Fist set (I want a boosted Mach Punch), but it seemed that the Status Orb set died even quicker since it loses 1/8 of its health and the end of every turn despite not attacking and can be exploited with Protect, which makes Ferrothorn encounters quite dreadful. If you want it to deal with Rotom-W, Heatran or Scalders, then Assault Vest + Guts is obviously the best option. As you stated it is the primary Conkeldurr set of the meta since it deals with so many special threats well, but the price is a loss of its raw wall breaking power.

I still like max hp investment over max spc D investment on the assault vest set. I figure the av makes your spc D solid while the 252 hp makes it so your physical def is also solid. So its true it wont be as bulky on the spc side I feel the phy bulk gained from this spread more then makes up for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)