Canti's Sketches (and maybe scratch sprites)

Well, I haven't updated this thread in a while, so here's my latest work for the Shoddy Digimon project.

MarineAngemon(pink) needs to be fixed, I see now that it's too flat compared to my other sprites. It was a rush job. I'm really proud of the Flamedramon sprite and I think it's proof that my spriting is finally reaching maturation.

Can't wait for CAP9.

:D Lower its head a little (flamedramon) and tweak the lower arm's claws.

Nice sprites. Can't wait to see you perform in CAP9.

Wow, I haven't updated this thread in over a month. I just recently had some inspiration and actually did two sketches in one night, and they came out pretty good considering my lack of formal instruction and the fact that I haven't sketched anything in a month. But first, new sprites.

The Dodrio is a revamp of this. Now on to the new pictures.

The gyarados was actually going to be a battle scene with Machamp, but I couldn't draw Machamp from behind, no matter how hard I tried =(. So I penciled in the background and made it an underwater scene. I might color these later, but I'm having a hard time with it at the moment.

that Gyarados looks badass, can't wait till he's in colours O_o

and could you do a fight scene between Nidoking and Scizor? :)

My first non-sprite pixel-art.

God I love this as my avatar. Can't stop staring at it XD.

Made it red in honor of HG/SS, and because blue came out terrible. Ugh, these are hard to color. Anybody know a good way to color pencil sketches without altering the image?

Hmm, no comments, so I guess I'll post a picture. Requested by Exarius, Nidoking vs Scizor. Left it unshaded for now, I'll shade it when I color it.

This is my first attempt at Digital coloring, could somebody critique me? Only scizor is finished, I'll finish nidoking tomorrow. It's taking a long time to do this because I've never done this kind of thing and also I don't have a tablet.

Canti! First of all, amazing work. I love the sprites and whatnot you bring over at the spriting thread. Your actual artwork is just as delicious, though.

And as for a battle request, would you care to take a crack at a Tyranitar using Flamethrower against an Aggron using protect?

Can you maybe make the lines on blaziken vs. infernape darker? It's very hard to see them, and my eye sight isn't the worlds best...
But from what I can make out, cool! And awesome sprites! I may have to request some for my next rmt
I'm going to second this or at least suggest some color. Nice work! I'd love to use that sketch as my avy.

looks very nice, that Gyarados looks a bit special with that kind of coloring versus that background (in my eyes at least).

keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone, it really motivates me to keep working at this and improving. Also thanks for the requests, I'll get to on them asap, as soon as life stops kicking me in the butt. Check back for request updates at the end of the weekend. I've already got some ideas for Zangoose vs Seviper and Ttar vs. Aggron, and I'll work on getting all my old stuff colored and pretty.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Very nice, but what exactly is Nidoking doing? Looks like it's picking scizor's bum hair.

Nice, especially the sketch of the Red Gyarados. If you are still taking requests for battle scenes, I would like to see Groudon vs. Kyogre vs. Rayquaza, one of the most epic battles of all time.
Well done

Can I have aggron smashing a scizor's head in with head smash?

And honchkrow brave birding a milotic. Totalling flailing it's wings and going all kamikaze on him.

Halo 3: ODST has made it's way into my living room, so uh, updates might be slow in coming. Unless you guys don't mind black and white sketches, I can whip those up at work.

I suggest scanning them in, then assuming you have a program that uses layers, create a new layer and trace some nice clean lineart on top of the sketch, then ditch the yucky papery layer. :P

Wow Canti. Your skill is improving with each sketch you produce. I'd like to request Ursaring battling Granbull in test of strength :)

Halo: ODST made its way into your living room as well? Ah. It has mine also. Honestly, it is way better than Halo 3 itself, and it is quite fun to play. I'm having to tell myself to put it down so I don't finish it too early.

EDIT: Oh, and... uh... you're an awesome artist! Keep it up. (Generic praise so it doesn't seem too off topic.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)