Pokémon Blaziken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but since Blaziken is going to want to rely on HJK for coverage (since it won't want the constant recoil from Flare Blitz), wouldn't predicting the HJK and switching in Aegislash be an option? Blaziken won't like a 50% recoil from missing HJK, and Aegislash only needs to do 50% (assuming the chicken hasn't taken damage before) to KO it with Shadow Sneak. Can someone run the calcs for that?
If I see Aegislash and their current Poke will outright die from a High Jump, I go for Flare Blitz. Almost always their Aegislash dies that turn.

If by "the quoted" you mean me, I actually did mention Stealth Rock. With it, bird dies.

Bottom line is that Talonflame doesn't actually counter Blaziken. It's a great check and a fantastic Pokemon in its own right, but switching it directly into Blaziken is just too risky.
I was quoting:

252 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Hi Jump Kick vs. 192 HP / 4 Def Charizard: 172-203 (49.85 - 58.84%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO
Which didn't mention SR. With it, I absolutely agree, or if you predict and SE (ironically, if Talonflame gets to Roost and you SE, it actually reduces it to 2x damage) on the switch you'll demolish Talonflame. A 4x damaging switch-in and/or prediction hit is pretty much game over.

If I see Aegislash and their current Poke will outright die from a High Jump, I go for Flare Blitz. Almost always their Aegislash dies that turn.
Did they also tell you on chat "Ok, I'll switch Aegislash in"?. Because switching a Ghost on Hi Jump Kick ASAP (Especially Aegislash) is one of the most obvious moves ever :P

Yeah, but whats the fun in having a perfect poke if you can't use it to dominate in official competitions?

And about 2 seconds after my last post, my mega Blaziken got owned by a Politoed that baited high jump kick, then switched to Aegislash for the shadow sneak, a little noobish on my part but shows he can be taken down. OU for sure (hopefully)

Smogons Metagame isn't offical so it shouldn't matter if he gets banished to Ubers. Offical Metagame would be on cartirage playing in Gbu wouldn't it?

Smogons Metagame isn't offical so it shouldn't matter if he gets banished to Ubers. Offical Metagame would be on cartirage playing in Gbu wouldn't it?
Yes, it certainly does matter. People who play Smogon's tiers on both Wi-Fi and Pokemon Showdown! (which hosts millions of battles every month) will have to deal with the consequences of a Blaziken ban (or any other ban, for that matter), so it certainly matters to them.

Blaziken is good, it has counters yeah, but the point is: nobody wants an overcentralized metagame.

Do you all seriously want the meta reduced to Blaziken/Mega-Blaziken, Blaziken counter, Mega-Blaziken counter, Blaziken-counter-counter, Mega-blaziken-counter-counter, filler?

Yes it matters to people who play Smogons tiers, but if you look I said it doesn't affect offical metagame(Which by that I mean Gamefreaks metagame)
Well, the people here do play Smogon's tiers. Our metagames are the official ones on our website and simulators, not Game Freak's metagames. It doesn't make much sense to come onto Smogon's forums and say that Smogon's tiers aren't official and what happens to them doesn't matter.

This thread really isn't about which tiers are official or not, so I'm not trying to get sidetracked on that. However, the fact is that if Blaziken is banned (and believe me, I've talked to people who believe that it could be banned in the future), it will impact virtually everyone who posts in this forum about these metagames.

Well, the people here do play Smogon's tiers. Our metagames are the official ones on our website and simulators, not Game Freak's metagames. It doesn't make much sense to come onto Smogon's forums and say that Smogon's tiers aren't official and what happens to them doesn't matter.
And in my last post I said it does matter if they are playing by Smogon tiers. And by the message I quoted, from what I understood them meant Offical Gbu metagame, tho I could be wrong.

And in my last post I said it does matter if they are playing by Smogon tiers. And by the message I quoted, from what I understood them meant Offical Gbu metagame, tho I could be wrong.
Oh, I get what you're saying now. When I read "official competitions" in the post you quoted, my initial thought was Smogon Premier League or some such major tournament on these forums. You're probably right, though, that he meant GBU tournaments and VGCs and such. In that case, you're correct that what happens here won't affect that.

Sorry about the confusion! ^_^

Oh, I get what you're saying now. When I read "official competitions" in the post you quoted, my initial thought was Smogon Premier League or some such major tournament on these forums. You're probably right, though, that he meant GBU tournaments and VGCs and such. In that case, you're correct that what happens here won't affect that.

Sorry about the confusion! ^_^
It's okay lol. I'm not sure what kind they meant. I think they did mean Smogon tier battles and tournaments and simulators. Lol, oh well it's getting alittle off topic here so anyways, HJK does have higher Bp but isn't brick break more reliable? Also, Blaziken seems strong and all, but it seems like it can be killed very easy, with the right pokemon of course.

So how is this thing not banned from any of our metas? Don't know if this is the discussion for it but Blaziken is easy to punch holes and sweep. I don't see people using this thing, and it's quite scary that people haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet. *_*.

Also I'm using mega-blaziken, and I enjoy having that extra bulk to get a swords dance up and go crazy. It's just a matter of removing Talonflame, and Chandelure (playing prebank)

So how is this thing not banned from any of our metas? Don't know if this is the discussion for it but Blaziken is easy to punch holes and sweep. I don't see people using this thing, and it's quite scary that people haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet. *_*.

Also I'm using mega-blaziken, and I enjoy having that extra bulk to get a swords dance up and go crazy. It's just a matter of removing Talonflame, and Chandelure (playing prebank)

Yes, sword dance is good and all, but I think it's predictable and taunt can stop it which seems like it would mess up alot ofpeoples stratiges.

Yes, sword dance is good and all, but I think it's predictable and taunt can stop it which seems like it would mess up alot ofpeoples stratiges.
Meh, who cares if it's predictable if it can still demolish entire teams. It's like you knowing a bomb will fall on your house in a second and it'll be destroyed--you know it's gonna happen, but you can't stop it. Also Taunt can't stop it because Speed Boost lets it outspeed all common non-Prankster Taunters and Prankster ones are demolished by its Flare Blitz.

I'm thinking about trying out a Bulk Up set over a swords dance one for Mega Blaziken. no LO recoil makes a set more feasible, and maybe the defense boost could help it survive all-too-common priority moves? Buk Up + Speed Boost = physical quiver dance anyway...

I'm thinking about trying out a Bulk Up set over a swords dance one for Mega Blaziken. no LO recoil makes a set more feasible, and maybe the defense boost could help it survive all-too-common priority moves? Buk Up + Speed Boost = physical quiver dance anyway...
I heard Quiver Dance was a good move.

I'm not sure if it's offical because Pokebank isn't out yet.... Also, I think it's alittle dated? because I'm prettt sure MBlaziken was dropped. Not sure yet tho.
I linked this today to someone on gamefaqs. He was asking is "Blaziken uber this gen?" I said no and cited that thread lol. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't earlier today.

Gotta admit, if the linked post is correct I'm pretty surprised it was so abrupt...

On Wifi I've been feeling like it's riskier than ever to use HJK for coverage since Gengar, Aegislash and Trevenant are so popular right now. Ghost types got nothing but better this gen and being able to take 50% of Blazi's health just by a good prediction switch-in has got to count for something right?

Also while Talonflame is super weak to rocks, priority BB / Acro means you don't even get to Baton Pass out assuming Talon comes in early enough.

There's no doubt that Blaziken is still great in X and Y, I just find it really hard to believe he's at the same level of power and threat as last gen...

Guys. False alarm. I'm using Blaziken just fine in Pokebank OU battles
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/official-xy-ou-banlist.3491371/

It's still on the official list, alongside Deoxys.

You'd think they'd at least do us the courtesy of an explanation. Showing us at least a bit of the discussion and voting. I mean, I'm assuming it's stuff I'd agree with and I'm still put off by this. I stopped playing Gen 5 when the bans started to really create a metagame that felt artificial and alien rather than something desired by the community, and I'd hate to think we're on the road to that already.

As SgtWoodsy just stated Aladaron and the other council members are putting to together and explanation of why it was banned.

Honestly, I'm glad this things was banned. There are literally 0 counters for it. I'm not really sure why people are getting up in arms about why its banned, I feel like its pretty evident.

Honestly, I'm glad this things was banned. There are literally 0 counters for it. I'm not really sure why people are getting up in arms about why its banned, I feel like its pretty evident.
What about Azumaril? Talonflame? Both have priority that is like built to rock a blaziken. Rotom-W and Chandelure are still threats, etc.

I feel like there is enough priority to screw Blaziken on most teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)