Move Baton Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has absolutely no one considered simply passing a couple Def and SpDef boosts to a setup sweeper like DD Char X/M-Tyranitar/Dragonite/whatever uses DD or something? Just use standard defensive baton passing to get the defensive boosts, then BP to your boostlessly-good set-up sweeper, get 1-2 extra boosts, and wreck ****. I mean, if the set-up sweeper is already good at what they do, then it couldn't hurt to pass a few defensive boosts to help them get set-up and to be able to stay in longer. It would only take a few extra turns to get there, and surely if DD M-Ttar (or something) doesn't need a full baton pass chain to do well, (doesn't need any baton pass chain is what I mean, if you didn't catch that,) then a more reliable mini baton pass chain could only bring good things. Plus, then if your chain gets interrupted, then you still have a good poke or three ready to save the day.

Also, someone mentioned simply passing an SD and speed boosts from Scoli to something, but I don't consider that the same thing.
Then the oponent just sends skarmory with whirlwind and you lost the boost.

Then the oponent just sends skarmory with whirlwind and you lost the boost.
Aaand, what happens if they don't have Skarm? No boost loss. If they did have Skarm, one of two things would happen. A: If my sweeper was already out, I'd pwn it's face, or B: If Smeargle was still out, I'd set up SR since that's Smeargle's other function. Sure, the boost would be gone. But it's only a +1 to Def/SpDef after all. I can live without it. Literally.

Edit: Not to mention I would survive to possibly get another set-up oppurtunity later.

Last edited:
Aaand, what happens if they don't have Skarm? No boost loss. If they did have Skarm, one of two things would happen. A: If my sweeper was already out, I'd pwn it's face, or B: If Smeargle was still out, I'd set up SR since that's Smeargle's other function. Sure, the boost would be gone. But it's only a +1 to Def/SpDef after all. I can live without it. Literally.
Or C; you switch into the almost obligatory Espeon and continue with your Set up. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)