Move Baton Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please correct me if I am wrong, as I have never tried it myself, but Unaware ability negates any stat up when receiving or dealing attacks, so stored power at +0 does next to nothing to Unaware Quacksire and with that, Haze should be practically an autowin button against BP teams.
No, Stored Power will still have the same BP as it usually does against Unaware mons :

252+ SpA Espeon Stored Power (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 408-480 (103.5 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That's after 1 Iron Defense Boost, 3 turns of Scoliopede Speed Boost, and 1 Calm Mind Boost, which isn't hard to achieve.

I'm pretty sure the only hard counter to Baton Pass teams is Haze Murkrow, and there's no way I'm using that.

I'm kinda torn on Baton Pass. On the one hand, it definitely requires actual skill to pull off, unlike, say, SwagPlay. But on the other hand, it can be abused very easily by any good player. There's a reason that the #1 player on the ladder right now got there using a BP team

Probably the biggest problem pure BP faces is simply overpowered set-up sweepers like Thundurus and Manaphy. You don't necessarily need to put anything specific like a Haze user on your team to beat them. If you lead with either of the previously mentioned things and Tail Glow or Nasty Plot once or twice, the game is often yours. The special side is generally the more vulnerable one for standard BP teams, because Calm Mind can't keep pace with Nasty Plot, and it also means they can't lead Scolipede to get speed boosts because if they do, they'll be wasting turns while your sweeper sets up in their face and smacks them with hits that are impossible to tank from then on. BP definitely easily destroys unprepared teams, which is why it's good to ladder with, but from what I've seen it's often pretty hard to win with Baton Pass against a good player that has something on their team like NP Thundurus-I (who's also still #1 in high level usage I think). Then there's also the other annoying things like CB Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Unaware CM Clefable, etc, which are all good against the standard meta as well, so BP can have its own share of auto-lose situations that it gives out to others.

That said, BP is still annoying in the sense that if you lack a decent counter to it, you're practically guaranteed to lose, and therefore it forces you to ensure that you do have an answer. It's also basically a prefabricated team in the same vein as DeoSharp, Full Stall and standard Swagplay, so it's obvious what the plays are going to be at any given time, the main thing is guessing what the opponent is going to lead so that you don't start off a turn behind.

I'm pretty sure the only hard counter to Baton Pass teams is Haze Murkrow, and there's no way I'm using that.

I'm kinda torn on Baton Pass. On the one hand, it definitely requires actual skill to pull off, unlike, say, SwagPlay. But on the other hand, it can be abused very easily by any good player. There's a reason that the #1 player on the ladder right now got there using a BP team
Whimsicott is a relatively OU viable mon that can easily be used to beat pure baton pass teams, priority Encore forces them to switch out if they've used a non-attacking move the previous turn, making them lose all their boosts. Liepard and Volbeat are other pokemon that get priority Encore.

Politoed's also a somewhat viable haze user, I used Haze a lot on Politoed in BW, not sure how viable it'll be in gen 6.

If the guy you're talking about is #1 on the suspect ladder, then it's probably because of Swagplay. Not only are pokemon on BP teams like Sylveon and Espeon especially effective against Swagplay, but Swagplay also discourages the use of offensive pokemon. I've found playing aggressively with wallbreakers to be really effective against Baton pass, since an offensive style of play doesn't give the BP team free turns to set up. Playing against pure BP teams does take a large amount of forethought, but take out the key pokemon in your opponent's chain and the whole team crumbles.

Playing both with and against pure Baton pass, I've found it pretty hit and miss tbh. I think I'll give it a go again in the current meta, but I'm not sure if Baton pass is really game breaking like some people make it out to be.

In Smogon showdown, you'll likely face the opponent just once. That's why BP shines there, it's best of 1, not best of 3. Harder to win if people knew what you're going to do although it's pretty obvious from team preview.

No, Stored Power will still have the same BP as it usually does against Unaware mons :

252+ SpA Espeon Stored Power (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 408-480 (103.5 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That's after 1 Iron Defense Boost, 3 turns of Scoliopede Speed Boost, and 1 Calm Mind Boost, which isn't hard to achieve.

As someone puts it, defensive BP team is key. Espeon cannot afford to have 252 EV in Sp.Atk or a favourable nature like Modest on it. You need to go fully defensive and invest into def/sp,def/hp instead. It's better to have a much higher chance of winning against the rest than concentrating on to beat certain counters.

This guy (or a different guy using the same team) has been at or near the top of the ladder for a few months now. I saw someone use this team in an SPL match as well.
The guy was Denissss and yes it has been for about 3 months now. This guy uses zapdoes instead of Mr.Mime and he was also prominent on the ladder too.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In Smogon showdown, you'll likely face the opponent just once. That's why BP shines there, it's best of 1, not best of 3. Harder to win if people knew what you're going to do although it's pretty obvious from team preview.
That's not entirely true. All good BP teams are pretty much identical, so if you can figure out how to deal with one of them, you can deal with all of them.
As someone puts it, defensive BP team is key. Espeon cannot afford to have 252 EV in Sp.Atk or a favourable nature like Modest on it. You need to go fully defensive and invest into def/sp,def/hp instead. It's better to have a much higher chance of winning against the rest than concentrating on to beat certain counters.
Ah, well spotted. But even so, it takes only around 8 to 10 boosts to OHKO Quagsire with Stored Power, so it's far from being a solid BP counter.

Last edited:
What about Clefable? It has many advantages over Quagsire against BP teams, but having to give up Magic Guard could be seen as proof that BP is more overcentralizing.

Whimscott is actually fairly easy to beat with prediction, as Espeon completely shuts it down with Magic Bounce. Toxic or Scald burn will also kill it eventually.

Manapy is also too weak to beat Baton Pass. Max sdef sylveon can setup on standard Manapy set at +6. Its a joke. Not to mention Vaporeon can absorb stab surf.

+2 4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy: 273-322 (80 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 147-174 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

If clefable tries to setup if faces encore from Mr. Mime or phase from Zapdos or Vaporeon. Its encore can also be reflected by Magic bounce and Espeon can setup on it as well. Clefable is also very easy to beat.

Thundurus is the best counter that is already common in OU. Run Nasty Plot Taunt Thunderbolt and HP Ice. Without flawless prediction, (reflecting an initial taunt) Thundurus can setup and start sweeping.

Last edited:
I think the best way to counter BP teams is this: hit them hard, non-stop, from the start. Lead with your strongest sweeper and spam your strongest move.

No BP team can handle a bunch of offensive mon hitting them as they try to boost. The most common bp team is full of weak mons who need the boost before they can do anything. They eventually can't handle the pressure and start fainting.

That's not entirely true. All good BP teams are pretty much identical, so if you can figure out how to deal with one of them, you can deal with all of them.
That's what I meant just that I worded that weirdly. The novelty of defensive BP teams for people who haven't encounter them.

I think the best way to counter BP teams is this: hit them hard, non-stop, from the start. Lead with your strongest sweeper and spam your strongest move.

No BP team can handle a bunch of offensive mon hitting them as they try to boost. The most common bp team is full of weak mons who need the boost before they can do anything. They eventually can't handle the pressure and start fainting.
This part is very true.

Just like to add that let say you predicted accurately ( although sometimes they switch to Vaporean against M.Pinsir for leads if they saw one ) and manage to starts tearing up the team ( there's only so much Scolipede can do with Sub/Protect and not having a chance to boost def ), BP will sacrifice one of the sixth pokemon they felt the least useful against your team and then threatened with Focus Slash Smeargle to spore you. That's one way to kill your momentum. This is the part that is interesting because I seen countless of time people stop using the great offensive threat they had used before and switch to pokemon easily wall and then set up by BP teams.

Yeah, what I said is not completely flawless. I almost fell prey to that in my last match, switched into Mandibuzz to take a spore and ended up letting them set up again. Fortunatelly I had a core of Mega Gardevoir+Thundurus+Aegislash who kept the pressure going. It's interesting to have multiple offensive pokemon you can bring in if some of them fall.

I'm just pointing that I find this kind of strategy more effective than trying to taunt or phase. Baton Pass teams expect that. What they don't usually expect is to be overwhelmed by your sheer offensive power.

One of the best Baton passer I've used so far is Scoilopede. It's a complete monster because after you stick a focus sash on it you are almost guaranteed a +2 attack and +2.5 speed. Then you could proceed to pass it to any of your Pokemons. I've used it with Mega Heraross with considerable success using (almost) all of the skill link moves for coverage. Of course, there are many counters (rocks, taunt, WoW, whirlwind, Birds-That-Have-Talons-Of-Flame) but it is still something that is quite fun and viable.

Been using a baton pass team of Eeveelutions for 2 gens now. The first one had a sort of theme, while the current one has basically tweaked them to be the best they can be. I don't know if I'd call it "pure baton pass" because each one of them is at least tricked out so they can stand on their own two feet if the chain snaps. While incredibly fun to play, it's also rather difficult, and is VERY prediction reliant. Having anywhere from three to five immunities definitely helps for tanking certain expected moves.

I will definitely agree with Ninja Charizard and say that the easiest way to beat a BP team is to use the ultra secret "punch them in the face until they die" technique. Some of the bulkiest BP mons are Vaporeon, Sylveon, and Umbreon and neither can take repeated pressure for too long, especially if you get them before they Acid Armor/Calm Mind/Sub.

As for playing as BP teams, I definitely think defensive is the better way to go, as well as knowing who has roar or haze. Espeon is gonna want some bulk before he goes stored powering through everything.

Baton Pass like you guys are talking about isn't really a Baton Pass team at all. Pure BP has the following structure:

- Scolipede to pass Speed boosts so teammates can outrun things whilst they boost, making things a lot easier.

- Mr. Mime because it's immune to Roar, Perish Song, and Dragon Tail, and can create setup opportunities w/ CM vs. Dragons thanks to Encore.

- Pick 1: Mawile, Smeargle, or Mega Scizor -- the former and latter as Defense passers, or Smeargle as an Ingrain passer (usually Mega Scizor)

- Zapdos or Sylveon as a Special Defense passer (with Charge or CM) and back-up way to handle Roar (Zapdos). Also can attack (TBolt or Hyper Voice), which is nice. Sylveon handles Megazard Y better than anything else (that's the reason you would want to use it).

- Vaporeon as a Defense passer, and has Wish to keep teammates in the chain healthy (espec. from hazards), and can attack with Scald

- Espeon to clean house with Stored Power + Dazzling Gleam

This is a perfectly viable playstyle. BP isn't that easy to work with. It's all about assessing power level. How many boosts do you need for Espeon to clean with Stored Power? When should you pass? Should you keep boosting? Should you pass? However, a well-played BP team can destroy bar untimely hax and Haze.
This is a relatively older post to bring back, but I think it deserves some mention.

The current requirements for defensive baton pass are not exactly as straight forward, although they are basically just as limiting. The general team building process is much more like a stall team. You need to counter every possible counter there is.

You're assumption about Zapdos and Mr. Mine usage are actually entirely wrong for this generation. Last generation Zapdos was a great special wall to counter rain teams, but this generation he runs a physically defensive set and serves really only a single purpose: Counter Talonflame and Mega Pinsir. The only other alternative to countering these two OU pokemon is Gliscor.

Likewise, Mr. Mime usage is not a requirement, because of the absence of Perish Song Politoed.

So we typically see something more like this:

Vaporeon: Counter Physical Attackers. Still loses to Mega Pinsir and Talonflame if you cannot predict the switch perfect every time (since they can setup or deal too much damage by switching in and out).
Zapdos / Gliscor: Counter Talonflame and Mega Pinsir
Scolipede / Ninjask: Out speed the entire meta so you can safely switch in and out of your walls (Ninjask is still viable since it can learn defog, but generally Scolipede is a much better choice).
Sylveon: Counter Special Attackers. Can still lose to Thundurus, Gengar, Aegislash and Magnezone.
Espeon / Smeagle: Counter phasers. Espeon has the added ability to sweep and special wall, smeagle can deal with strong threats mentioned above and provide extra team bulk)

The last pick is really a free one depending on what your team needs. If you're running Espeon as a sweeper, then you may want to pick up a Thundurus counter, etc.

In the end, you have similar forced picks, but it really is dependent on the meta. Without any standard perish song users, Mr. Mime isn't needed. With the introduction of Sylveon as a huge special wall, you don't really need any other special wall. And with strong physical attackers with Priority and setup potential, Vaporeon needs someone else to help it out.

The only way Baton Pass will disappear entirely is when we see a more common usage of hard counters like Prankster Haze.

For the most common baton pass teams, a team someone suggested I run had a landorus-i with EP/SludgeWave/Psychic and it absolutely messed with baton pass as long as the didn't lead Smeargle. Dragon dancers like Mega Tyranitar also seem to mess with baton pass, as Scolipede leads and protects thinking standard SR lead TTar. One dragon dance and you're in business to mess with them even if they get an iron defense boost off. Personally, Lando is much more consistent given each team only has one early game Special defense booster and two early game defense boosters.

I've used Baton Pass pretty extensively last gen. It's really boring to use. Most of my wins came from people forfeiting. Basically you have Ninjask (now replaced with the superior Scolipede) to obtain a bunch of speed boosts. You pass to Mew with Iron Defense, Amnesia and Taunt. Then you pass to Espeon, Sub and CM, then sweep with Stored Power. If a Dark type comes along pass to Zapdos and knock it out with some Thunderbolts. It's really easy. If they don't crit you (which you try to prevent by running Substitute on most of your passers) and they don't have the uncommon Perish Song/Prankster Encore, you're pretty much guaranteed to win.

For the most common baton pass teams, a team someone suggested I run had a landorus-i with EP/SludgeWave/Psychic and it absolutely messed with baton pass as long as the didn't lead Smeargle. Dragon dancers like Mega Tyranitar also seem to mess with baton pass, as Scolipede leads and protects thinking standard SR lead TTar. One dragon dance and you're in business to mess with them even if they get an iron defense boost off. Personally, Lando is much more consistent given each team only has one early game Special defense booster and two early game defense boosters.
Hmm, looking at the damage calculations now and I don't think either of those can beat standard Defensive Baton Pass teams if they play correctly. Here are the calculations:

Landorus
Lead Landorus vs Scolipede. Scolipede gets +4 speed and passes to Sylveon:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 192-229 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sylveon then gets off a Calm Mind:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 130-153 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 6.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sylveon passes to specially defensive Espeon, who tanks the hit and then 1HKOs with Stored Power:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ SpD Espeon: 114-136 (34.2 - 40.8%) -- 59.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 340-402 (106.2 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (this is with +4 speed, which is easy to get)

OR, Sylveon/Espeon gets off a Calm Mind and then passes to Vaporeon:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 160-188 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- 52.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 4 SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 338-402 (105.6 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Furthermore, Landorus can be stopped by a Focus Sash Smeargle with Spore.

Now lets look at Mega Tyranitar:

Turn 1: Scoli subs, Tyranitar Dragon Dances (an experienced Baton Passer will never protect vs Ttar / Dragonite / Scizor leads because they can setup and scolipede is fast enough to Sub first).

Turn 2: Scoli uses Iron Defense (now at +2 def, +2 spe), and Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance as well (now at +2 atk, +2 spe).

Turn 3+: Scoli uses Iron Defense, and is now beating Tyranitar in boosts. Eventually, scoli will reach +6 def, +4 spe with a sub vs a +4 atk, +4 spe Ttar. Or scoli will be without the Sub vs a +3,+3 Ttar.

Going into Vaporeon gives you three chances to Scald Burn Ttar before you die. If you get at least 1 burn Ttar dies.

4 SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 108-128 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Going into Smeargle works if the Substitute is still up (and then you can spore).

Going into Defensive Zapdos work as well to Roar works as well:
+4 252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. +6 248 HP / 252 Def Zapdos: 282-332 (73.6 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

The last slot was stealth rocks so Sylveon got murdered. It was PDC's Lando-i, for reference.
Actually, even after Stealth Rock Sylveon can get off a Calm Mind before Landorus, allowing Vaporeon to switch in and 1HKO with Scald. Here's the log for proof.
Start of turn 1
The foe's Scolipede used Substitute!
The foe's Scolipede made a substitute!

Landorus used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Papa's team!

The foe's Scolipede's Speed Boost increases its speed!
The foe's Scolipede's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Scolipede used Protect!
The foe's Scolipede protected itself!

Landorus used Earth Power!

Start of turn 3
The foe's Scolipede used Iron Defense!
The foe's Scolipede's Defense sharply rose!

The foe's Scolipede's substitute faded!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Scolipede used Protect!

Start of turn 5
The foe's Scolipede used Baton Pass!
Papa called Scolipede back!
Papa sent out Sylveon!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Sylveon!

Landorus used Sludge Wave!
It's super effective!
The foe's Sylveon lost 50% of its health!

The foe's Sylveon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Sylveon used Calm Mind!
The foe's Sylveon's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Sylveon's Sp. Def. rose!

It's super effective!
The foe's Sylveon lost 35% of its health!

The foe's Sylveon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
The foe's Sylveon used Baton Pass!
Papa called Sylveon back!
Papa sent out Vaporeon!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Vaporeon!

The foe's Vaporeon lost 27% of its health!

The foe's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Vaporeon used Scald!
It's super effective!
Landorus lost 320 HP! (100% of its health)
Landorus fainted!

Damage calculator can verify this as well. Only way to kill Slyveon with Landorus is to get a crit.

Now, if Landorus is running Modest Nature for some reason, it's a different story. But that's very unlikely in the standard meta, as Landorus needs all the speed it can get for an offensive life orb set. And even so, we aren't even considering the fact that if the Stealth Rock is predicted Scolipede can get off a free substitute and simply go directly to Vaporeon to kill it without any boosts. Or spore from Smeargle...

In all reality, the fact that you should Psychic first with lando-i is not to be ignored simply because only scarf lando can outspeed Scolilipede. That would prevent the Iron defense boost, which while irrelevant to that calc, is just good play in general.

However it ended up working out, 4 different games in the 1400 part of suspect, I'd beat baton pass standard teams with just Lando. In the one game I lost him to an HP ice zapdos, I came into TTar mega and killed off the streak (He led with Zapdos as he had seen me play prior).

In all reality, the fact that you should Psychic first with lando-i is not to be ignored simply because only scarf lando can outspeed Scolilipede. That would prevent the Iron defense boost, which while irrelevant to that calc, is just good play in general.

However it ended up working out, 4 different games in the 1400 part of suspect, I'd beat baton pass standard teams with just Lando. In the one game I lost him to an HP ice zapdos, I came into TTar mega and killed off the streak (He led with Zapdos as he had seen me play prior).
Yeah I agree with the opening statement, I was just mindless pressing buttons in that test battle until I got to what really mattered (Sylveon switch). Let me first say that I don't want to turn this into a back and forth argument. I do agree than Landorus-I can do significant damage to a Baton Pass team that is unprepared. If the Baton Pass player is unaware of the damage calculations above, they will likely make a poor decision and lose.

But, the fact still remains that if the Baton Passer plays correctly, there is no situation where someone can lead Timid Landorus-I and win without getting a critical hit. So I would not consider Landorus a counter to Baton Pass. Maybe a Calm Mind Landorus set, or a modest nature, but neither of those are common in the current meta.

All in all, Landorus is a good offensive threat to Baton Pass teams, but a good Baton Passer will not lose to it.

Has anyone thought of tuant or maybe magic coat on smeargle for an in coming Thunderous. Also since Smeargle will likely(hopefully) have some speed boost up it's sleeve maybe it can go for tuant if the player chose wrong and went for Nasty Plot and in some circumstances you could predict a tuant and go for magic coat, but since it has Pranster you might have to predict right or it'll get that free set up with Nasty Plot, but since the battler will hopefully and most likely be pressured to make certain plays go for magic coat then proceed to baton pass away if pro played and you predicted his/her prediction LOL!

Maybe this set might work on thunderous, who knows doesn't hurt to try it out for you BP Spammers:

Smeargle
Nature:Timid/jolly/impish/careful(doesn't really matter)
Item:Mental Herb/Focus Sash
Evs:252 Speed and 252 in hp or maybe put some in defenses
Moves
-Spore(obviously)
-Baton Pass(mandatory)
-Magic coat/tuant(listed above)
-Taunt/(Any boosting or support move that might help)

Has anyone thought of tuant or maybe magic coat on smeargle for an in coming Thunderous. Also since Smeargle will likely(hopefully) have some speed boost up it's sleeve maybe it can go for tuant if the player chose wrong and went for Nasty Plot and in some circumstances you could predict a tuant and go for magic coat, but since it has Pranster you might have to predict right or it'll get that free set up with Nasty Plot, but since the battler will hopefully and most likely be pressured to make certain plays go for magic coat then proceed to baton pass away if pro played and you predicted his/her prediction LOL!

Maybe this set might work on thunderous, who knows doesn't hurt to try it out for you BP Spammers:

Smeargle
Nature:Timid/jolly/impish/careful(doesn't really matter)
Item:Mental Herb/Focus Sash
Evs:252 Speed and 252 in hp or maybe put some in defenses
Moves
-Spore(obviously)
-Baton Pass(mandatory)
-Magic coat/tuant(listed above)
-Taunt/(Any boosting or support move that might help)
I run Magic Coat, Ingrain, Spore and Baton Pass on my Smeargle. Magic Coat is great against standard Taunters. If Thundurus is a threat, specially defensive espeon with Calm Mind is generally the much better option. Since you don't have to worry about prediction and can kill it easily with Stored Power.

I run Magic Coat, Ingrain, Spore and Baton Pass on my Smeargle. Magic Coat is great against standard Taunters. If Thundurus is a threat, specially defensive espeon with Calm Mind is generally the much better option. Since you don't have to worry about prediction and can kill it easily with Stored Power.
Nice set it keeps roarers, whirlwinders and/or taunters from ruining your fun, puts threats to sleep, and you can baton pass away, Happy Sweeping! ;)

Has absolutely no one considered simply passing a couple Def and SpDef boosts to a setup sweeper like DD Char X/M-Tyranitar/Dragonite/whatever uses DD or something? Just use standard defensive baton passing to get the defensive boosts, then BP to your boostlessly-good set-up sweeper, get 1-2 extra boosts, and wreck ****. I mean, if the set-up sweeper is already good at what they do, then it couldn't hurt to pass a few defensive boosts to help them get set-up and to be able to stay in longer. It would only take a few extra turns to get there, and surely if DD M-Ttar (or something) doesn't need a full baton pass chain to do well, (doesn't need any baton pass chain is what I mean, if you didn't catch that,) then a more reliable mini baton pass chain could only bring good things. Plus, then if your chain gets interrupted, then you still have a good poke or three ready to save the day.

Also, someone mentioned simply passing an SD and speed boosts from Scoli to something, but I don't consider that the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)