Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breed Pursuit onto a Male Starly by any of the Poke`mon in its egg group. Level up until it learns Brave Bird. Breed that Male Staraptor with a Female Pidgey until you get a Male Pidgey. Level up the Pidgey until it learns Mirror Move, and then breed the Pidgeot with a Swellow.

I think, anyway.

Breed a Starly with any flying pokemon that knows Pursuit, get the newborn with Pursuit and level it up to learn Brave Bird, then breed with Pidgey. The newborn Pidgey should know Pursuit and Brave Bird. Level it up to learn Mirror Move, then breed with a Taillow.

Edit- Beaten.

They both do different jobs. You can't compare two pokemon that are completely different.

Anyway, in 2v2, are moves that hit both opponents (like Swift) still halved in power (well half BP against each) like in ADV?

I hope this is the right thread to ask this in. I would have just checked the smogon website, but it isn't working right now. Anyways, I have been breeding Beldums lately and think I have finally breed a good one. I'm new to this though so could someone tell me if it's IVs are okay for a beldum. It's IVs are:

HP 9
Atk 30
Def 25
Sp.Atk 4
Sp.Def 25
Spd 25

If it makes a difference, it's nature is adament. Alright, thanks!​

Two questions that apply to specsmence:

1) If you miss with draco meteor, do you still lose sp. atk?

2) If you miss with draco meteor on the first turn, are you still locked into it for the second turn?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
1) No, you don't lose Sp.Atk if you miss.

2) Yes, you are locked in, even if you miss.

=)

Assuming 31 Sp Def IVs on Chomp,

With a neutral Sp Atk nature:
If Chomp has 16 HP EVs and 0 Sp Def EVs (CB and SD builds)
Damage: 316 - 372
Damage: 87.53% - 103.05%If Chomp has 0 HP EVs and 32 Sp Def EVs (CSuser)
Damage: 305 - 359
Damage: 85.43% - 100.56%

With a +Sp Atk nature on Zapdos,
CB/SD Chomp:
Damage: 347 - 408
Damage: 96.12% - 113.02%

CSuser:
Damage: 334 - 393
Damage: 93.56% - 110.08%

So yes, it can OHKO but it isn't guarenteed.

Which IV calculator do you guys use? I've been using one that gives me a big range of error, even if my pokemon are level 10 or 15... What is the best method for calculating my pokemons' IVs?

thanks in advance

I personally use Serebii's IV calculator (http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml), as it's fast and quite reliable apart from the fact that the HP type is sometimes wrong (between Dark and Dragon).

At level 10-15, the IVs given will be about 10-15/100% accurate. To ensure total accuracy, you need them at level 100 with no (or known) EVs.

The best way to do this is using an IV battle, where you battle somebody on WiFi (pogeys are automatically levelled to 100) and write down the stats of your pokes, and then input them into a calculator.
Or if you're breeding on Emerald, dupe many many rare candies and level up your poke to 100.
OR if you're only concerned with possible 30+ IVs, use this handy chart made by Tangerine: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24032

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You do not need to be L100 to "ensure total accuracy" in IV checking.

All you need to do to check your IVs is process of elimination. You simply figure out all the possibilities for IVs that can produce a stat at one level, then as you level up with Rare Candies you cross out the possibilities that don't fit.

The best IV calculators for this task are Metalkid's IV calculator and my Excel stat chart, both of which are listed in the DP resources thread. Not to toot my own horn, but my stat chart works a little better in this respect because it allows you to easily use vitamins which Metalkid's automated program doesn't work with (AFAIK). Being able to use vitamins greatly reduces the number of Rare Candies you'll actually need to figure out your IVs. There's a little tutorial embedded in the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)