Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would putting your opponent to sleep with Breloom, them switching out, and then another Poke being put to sleep by a random effect (Effect Spore, Metronoming Spore, etc) be considered breaking the Sleep Clause, or does the Sleep Clause refer to intentional, non-haxily putting them to sleep?

Would putting your opponent to sleep with Breloom, them switching out, and then another Poke being put to sleep by a random effect (Effect Spore, Metronoming Spore, etc) be considered breaking the Sleep Clause, or does the Sleep Clause refer to intentional, non-haxily putting them to sleep?
That would not be considered breaking Sleep Clause.

Does EXP Share also give out EVs?

I'm training a Togepi. I gave it Exp Share, but Honchkrow is my lead Pokemon. If I beat a Pokemon with Honchkrow (Togepi doesn't come out), will Togepi receive the EV?

In other words...do I need to put Togepi in the lead to EV train it?

Yes, EXP Share will pass EVs too, if I recall correctly. Which theoretically makes it possible to EV train 12 Poke`mon at once (6 Ninjask, 5 with EXP Share, and the 6 Shedinja who will recieve the EVs from each respective Ninjask).

I got a manaphy egg from someone a while ago, and just now I hatched it. Theres nothing especially weird looking about the egg, but the manaphy that came from it had water spout, instead of water sport.. so is this egg hacked?
If it is, I didn't think it was possible to hack moves onto unhatched eggs.

Does Reckless increase other pokemon's recoil damage, or only increase (1.2x) the power of the user's on recoil moves? The latter at least seems to be true.

And does Reckless boost Struggle's power? (I'm assuming Reckless doesn't interact with Life Orb)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I got a manaphy egg from someone a while ago, and just now I hatched it. Theres nothing especially weird looking about the egg, but the manaphy that came from it had water spout, instead of water sport.. so is this egg hacked?
If it is, I didn't think it was possible to hack moves onto unhatched eggs.
Yes, is it possible, and your egg is hacked.

I'm making a Focus Sash Exploder Trick Room Claydol. Basically, all I do is Trick Room, then Explode, focus sash + sandstorm immunity hopefully garunteeing this works. Now, I caught one with quite nice IVs, (10 in Speed, 31 in Attack, and everything else high 20s except a 5 in SP A), but it's gentle, which is +Sp Def, -Def.

Is it even worth trying to get anything better nature-wise, seeing as I'm sacrificing it right off? It seems like making it harder to kill would be a bit of a waste. Am I right, or am I missing something here? +Atk nature doesn't really make any sort of difference with Skarm, or anything else that matters. No almost to definite KO shifts as far as I know.

...Way to answer my own question. :/

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
would you believe someone if they said they caught a perfect nature, right ability,shiny, and perfect ived poke? i think the likely hood of that happening is 1 in 436,225,809,285,120 i wonder if that many pokemon have even been caught?

would you believe someone if they said they caught a perfect nature, right ability,shiny, and perfect ived poke? i think the likely hood of that happening is 1 in 436,225,809,285,120 i wonder if that many pokemon have even been caught?
Like, all perfect IV's, or just the ones that matter? I'd say it's most likely hacked (99%), unless you're like Jibaku and find an amazing Palkia on the GTS, and it's shiny (but I don't know its IV's)

It could happen, but no, I would not believe them unless I watched them catch it.

In addition to my questions about Reckless, I had a substitute question...if you're poisoned, and you use substitute, does poison (and sandstorm, etc.) hurt the substitute or the pokemon itself?

Any side effects from things that happened before the substitute was put up, Ie. leech seed, poison/burn damage, etc. All damage the pokemon, and not the substitute. Things like leech seed, or moves that inflict status won't work, but sandstorm, hail, etc. will

Does Reckless increase other pokemon's recoil damage, or only increase (1.2x) the power of the user's on recoil moves? The latter at least seems to be true.

And does Reckless boost Struggle's power? (I'm assuming Reckless doesn't interact with Life Orb)
It increases the power of recoil moves, based on the ability thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)