Apprentice Program: Round Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Ten of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on October 22th. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Eight Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. Acura / Hush
2. Nate / strager
3. Roy / xXTestamentXx
4. Steelicks / ZeRaTuL
5. Giga Punch / Flavour Trainer
6. Jackal / Varleran
7. Jumpman16 / LxgShaka
8. cholena / Rane Khan
9. Aeolus / johnny
10. Holyknight / stl8008
11. Aeroblacktyl / Ranthelon
12. pokemaniac15 / Cronux
13. Noobster / Zenox
14. Council / Chebsi
15. husk1442 / EvilLaughKid
16. Yosuke / Irvine
17. Warthog / No Limitz
18. ToP / Bachias
19. skarm / massi4h
20. Basics / ScottVT
21. Bugsy23 / RaynTheWaterMaster
22. latinoheat / Corey
23. Anomalous / quake3000
24. Mekkah / Ben Kenobi
25. Sanders / Pranz
26. Kongler / hobohunter
27. Veteran in Love / shinyrayquaza
28. Justin8649 / TheGreaterEvil
29. cloud / j-squared
30. Groudon80 / don

Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick:Hush
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Tues-Friday after Noon. i might be getting a job soon so that may change my time. it's safe to say that i can go online at 3 AM EST except on Saturdays.
Experience level*:Pretty much none
A little about myself: A college student who's interested in beating the ever loving shit out of my friends who think they're the shit at pokemon
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV and maybe D/P :)

Assigned to Nate

Netbattle nick
: strager, or strager.neds
Time zone: EST/EDT.
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 1500-2000 on some weekdays; 1700-2000 on others; 1100-2100 on weekends.
Experience level: Beaten Elite-Four on handheld games.
A little about myself: Programmer, Linuxer.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced, or latest. Possibly UU, but I'd prefer the higher-tier metagame.

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: xXTestamentXx
Time zone: uh...Indiana.
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Experience level*: I dunno. I just started, but have a decent team.
A little about myself: Just found out that there are competitive pokemon tournaments. A little dissapointed that the team in my game pak sucks in competitive play, even though it rocks in the games :(
Generation(s) I want to learn: 3rd and 4th

Assigned to Steelicks

Netbattle nick: Mokenuf
Time zone: GMT -3
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Everyday arround 9PM to Midnight.
Experience level*: Ive played only RBY (the game, never had battles with other trainers.) so i'm new to Competitive Pokemon. Oh and i now about nothing about Advance Generations xD
A little about myself: Well, i'm from Argentina and i've played pokemon since Red, i got into my hands Gold and Silver but that's where i stopped... i am not even experienced enough in team making because i mainly played with legendary's my will to learn is allmost infinite !
Generation(s) I want to learn: Intensive RBY, ADV and Team Building.

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle nick: Varations of the name "flavour trainer"
Time zone: EST.
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Around 4 pm almost every day I thinks. And on weekends A LOT.
Experience level*: I have done many battle, but I suck. Badly!
A little about myself: I've got issues. I'm getting very apathetic about life in general now because I don't want to be hurt, so don't take me seriously.
Generation(s) I want to learn: UU in Advanced: Teambuilding (Mainly) and tactics.

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: Varleran
Time zone: GMT - 5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Evenings and weekends, generally. Wednesdays are wicked for free time.
Experience level*: Good teambuilding (I just put together a fairly sick team which can destroy a lot but), fairly weak prediction and general strategy make my teams worthless sometimes.
A little about myself: Music major in university, I've been playing Pokemon for a number of years, but just discovered Netbattle and the whole serious side to battling.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance, and other stuff I guess.

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick
: LxgShaka
Time zone: GMT -04:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Monday-Saturday from 8pm to 12-1 am. Sundays all day.
Experience level*: I've played all pokemon games but haven't really played against other people. I know a little about RBY pokemons and almost nothing on the later pokemons.
A little about myself: Well, I'm a latin guy (venezuelan) who likes pokemon a lot since he was a little boy *o*!!!. And I want to learn the deeps of pokemon competitions. Beside the pokestuff, I'm a guy who just finished high school and starts a major on Computer Sciences on March, 2007. I like programming, graphic design and playing videogames ^o^!!
Generation(s) I want to learn: Deep R/B/Y, and at least the basics of G/S/C, R/S/E and, why not, P/D ^^

Bye!

Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Rane Khan
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11AM-12PM (thats in EDT, I think) and up, depending on work/school (and social activities mostly in weekends)
Experience level*: Haven't played in ages, and never on Netbattle, so ok'ish at best. Only just started using semi competative movesets. :(
A little about myself: Student with a bit to much free time that wants to learn to play better so he will not look like an ass when D/P wifi arrives. :P
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance (D/P possibly)

I don't have anyone that teaches 2vs2.

Netbattle nick: tenniskid1192
Time zone: U.S. central
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I'm not sure what EDT is but i think its eastern time... i'm normally on... 5-6, 9-11 p.m. central time so i'm guessing thats 5-6 and 10-12
Experience level*: average battler very very bad team builder
A little about myself:I've been on netbattle on and off but i cannot construct a team for the life of me..... I'm a student so yea....
Generation(s) I want to learn: 2 vs. 2 any generation

Assigned to Aeolus

Netbattle nick: dont have one yet
Time zone: edt
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): somewhere around 10 pm til 4 am
Experience level*: played sapphire
A little about myself: im playing fire right now
Generation(s) I want to learn: the latest

Assigned to Holyknight

Netbattle nick:
stl8008
Time zone: EDT + 2
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7:00pm - 11:00pm (sometimes later), weekends are pretty flexible
Experience level*: Moderate, I have been playing for a while, mostly learned by myself
A little about myself: I like computers, and I love RPGs and RTSs
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY/GSC/ADV OU

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick: Ranthelon
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7:00pm - 11:00 every day but saturdays, Saturdays I am usually out, so nothing there
Experience level*: Competitivly, I don't have an experience level, played the games against the AI, NEVER against a human. Thus I have only read about "competitive sets / teams" I did was most people did, took pokemon that they liked for different types, and just played.
A little about myself: A university student that is just looking for somthing fun to play that doesn't require you to be on 6 hours a day to play (COUGH FFXI COUGH). Also looking forward to playing the game on the DS, so I am looking to take what I learn in ADV with me to the DS.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv OU (including Team-Building if possible) and if time permits mabey a LITTLE UU

Assigned to pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick:Cronux
Time zone:Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Anytime besides Monday through Thursday 6pm-9:30pm (Classes)
Experience level*: Veteran of the Gameboy Games.
A little about myself: I need to learn about Netbattle. ALL about it please. I like Video Games, Nintendo things mainly. I like TV, Astronomy, all things Dragonball and Anime overall, TCG's as a whole, Sleeping, Eating, spending my hard earned cash on things related to electronics. Other than that, I'm a nice guy and a geek looking to get better at Netbattle.
Generation(s) I want to learn: All.

Assigned to Noobster

Netbattle nick: MuffinMagic
Time zone: CDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5:00-9:00 PM on (on and off) weekdays, on and off on weekends
Experience level: I'm decent, I have a lot of experience with team buildings and I understand the basic workings of prediction and tactics, but I often don't put them to use effectively.
A little about myself: I'm quick to learn, but I make a lot of stupid mistakes.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced OU and maybe UU too

Assigned to Council

Netbattle nick: Chebsi
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours: (in EDT!!!) 4:00PM to 2:00 AM almost every day
Experience level*: Mostly played only the GBA games single player. Have very little competitive experience.
A little about myself: I'm a computer science student in university.. I work at Best Buy... uh that's about it.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Everything and team building.

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick: Elk
Time zone: EST (or EDT I guess)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): weekdays 3-11 weekends most any time
Experience level*: I've been playing pokemon sind RBY, but I'm pretty basic in the strategy department, or concerning some new pokemon.
A little about myself: I just reset my Lg and Em to get good pokemon for transfering over to D/P when it comes out.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv mostly, but RBY would be fun also.

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick: Irvine
Time zone: GMT - 5:00
Regular Online Hours: I'm usually online all day in the afternoon on Wednesdays and Fridays, otherwise I'm usually online 5:00 PM until 12:00 AM.
Experience level: I've played the games, and I've done a little NetBattle, but I am terrible at predition and strategy.
A little about myself: I'm a community college student who has an interest in music and phsycology. I play keyboard and drums for several bands in my area on and off. And, I have been, of course, a Pokemon fan since the games came to America.
Generations I want to learn: ADV mostly, but I wouldn't mind learning others too.

Assigned to Black Leather Jacket

Netbattle nick: Kirby.....
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):Mondays - Fridays: 4:00PM - 10:00PM; Saturday: 8:00PM - 12:00AM; Sunday: 8:00AM - 8:00PM
Experience level*:Intermediate
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV.

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick:
(Tm.C) No Limitz OR No Limitz
Time zone: Mountain Time (-7)
Regular Online Hours: 17:00-22:00(as in i usually go on during those times, i won't be netbattling for 5 hours =P) 7 Days a Week.
Experience level*: If i was already good i wouldn't be asking to be tutored. =P
I have an ok ratio on NB but it's mostly because challenges that actually get accepted are by noobs.
A little about myself: I find it hard to break traditions sometimes. If my tutor has MSN that'd be great. I love being different(no cookie cutter stuff). Playing DP and loving it.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, UU.

Assigned to ToP

Netbattle nick:
Bachias
Time zone: (GMT + 0200)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): On most weekdays I'll be online 10:00-16:00 (not necessarily NB, mind you), weekends mostly flexible
Experience level*: Competitive battling: low, In-game battling: extensive
A little about myself: I decided to download NB and promptly got my ass handed to me 9 times out of 10 when I battled, often because I had nothing to counter a specific pokémon and/or tactic. Otherwise I've been playing the ADV generation since ~2004 on and off, and often I've used competitive movesets I've found here and elsewhere on my in-game teams.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, UU. Team building.

Assigned to skarm

Netbattle nick:
(Atq) massi4h
Time zone: GMT+12 (EDT+16 i think) NZ ftw
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Most Fridays and Saturdays at around 8 to around sometimes past midnight.
Also Wednesdays any time from 8PM-11PM should be alright. Most of these times are stuffed up for people living in EDT
time because I live in New Zealand with a messed up time zone.
Experience level*: I've been on NB for almost a year and I've been playing
pokemon for years. I won an
in-game Uber tournament last year in New Zealand with a lot of luck and not much skill. I'm kinda average at pokemon.
A little about myself: I like pokemon and lots of video games like Counter Strike and Warcraft.
I also play a bit of guitar.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Uber, since the in-game tourney is coming around again. I feel that I'm
good at it (I have a record of 52 wins:8 losses on my NB uber team, including some losses in rated CC) but some
people have absolutely demolished me. So I really wanna learn from someone with loads of experience.

Assigned to Basics

Netbattle nick: ScottThuong
Time zone: Central Time Zone
Regular Online Hours (in EDT):
MTWTHF: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
These can change to meet the needs of a tutor, though.
Experience level: Beginner to Intermediate
A little about myself: Hi
Generation(s) I want to learn- Advanced Generation OU

Assigned to Bugsy23

Netbattle nick:
Rayn_9000
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Between 10AM and 2pm then break untill 9pm till 10 weekdays, most saturdays 10AM till 7PM
Experience level*: playing scince R/B/Y but never competetively
A little about myself: I want to get better at NetBattling. lol.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE OU. I really need work on prediction and team building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)