Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 93 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Lodeon 92-3
Blissful 92-3
Gamma Vector 92-3
ZachSmogonTrainer 92-3
Max Fightmaster 92-3
Air 92-3
KhosroTheGreat 93 - 96
Flying Types Rule 93
AdvanceShip 93-94
ElementofSmash 93-96
Jin White 93-94
Z+V 93-94

tba

This round will end on Mar 14.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username:vexyyyy
PO/PS! Username:vexyyy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Cetral UTC/GMT -6 hours,Mon-thurs 3pm-5pm 7pm-9pm Fri-3pm-5pm 8pm to the rest of the night Sat-sun- Varies each weekend most of the time the afternoon around 3pm to 5-6pm and then same as friday 8pm onwards!
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am 16 and a highschool student. I have been playing pokemon since I was 6 and competitive for about 10 months. Im also new to Battling101!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Skype, yes. Im not too sure what IRC is but if I was explained most likely yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Last edited:
Username: KBI
PO/PS! Username: Gaker
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, pretty much everyday in the evening and at night
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing since around the start of xy, I understand the metagame pretty well and im looking to further improve my skills as a battler and as a team builder. I am also hoping to compete in tours once i get better.

skipped r92

Username: silverarow180
PO/PS! Username: silverarow180
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 past 10 pm everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 15
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m 15 years old, and I usually spend my time playing music or pokemon.

Username: Lobomuzenza

PO/PS! Username: Oh Dee Bee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I’m at GMT +2 and available between 7PM-1AM in week days and practically any time on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I work as a software developer. Today is the 3rd month anniversary of me quitting smoking

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Username: Dread Arceus
PO/PS! Username: Dread Arceus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Monday-Friday from 1700 to 2300 EST, and all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm the oldest voice in the OU room. I played Ubers in early XY
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, but I generally prefer talking on PS!

Preferring Krauersaut as a tutor if possible

Username: ShruggyZ
PO/PS! Username: ShruggedZebra
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0. I currently work a shift pattern 4 on 4 off and 8am-8pm so im usually available at least from 9/9.30pm each evening for a few hours. When im off work i have more time but that is cyclical
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU please
Tell us a little about yourself: 26 years old, been playing pokemon since i was just 10. Have a baby daughter which i dote on. Been playing online games for about 12 years, starcraft/warcraft/wow/league etc. Looking to move into something a bit more challenging than button mashing
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC yes, old hand at that but skype is a bit problematic. My daughter is a light sleeper and unfortunately the walls of my house are not very soundproof. So if a tutor wishes to use skype then i will be happy to listen but i would prefer to not talk personally as i do not wish to disturb my daughter at night
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I believe so yes

Thanks for your time! :)

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Username: PISTOLERO
PO/PS! Username: PISTOLERO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, varies but I can make sure to be on at a certain time
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU please
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in the UK. I am a fairly experienced Ubers player, I rate a lot of Ubers teams in RMT, I would like to start participating in Smogon tournaments.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both, but I can be on IRC much more consistently
Yes

I asked Leftiez to tutor me and he agreed

Username: Stitch98
PS! Username: Stitch98
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Wednesday 2:30-4:30 PM and 8:30-11:00 PM, Friday 8:30-11:00 PM, Saturday 4:30-9:00 PM Sunday 5:00-9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU and VGC 2015
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, hello everybody! I'm 17 and I'm Italian, but I can speak a reasonable English, so sorry if I make any mistakes. I'm not exactly new at battling, I tried to use some builded teams and to build some, but with weak results. So I want to become pr0 at battling.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use Skype

Username: noob661
PO/PS! Username: noob661 / ktrzc / czrtk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: timezone UST+1; don't know yet about my schedule in weekdays, but weekends are completely free at any hour
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to study physics and now compliment it with programming studies. May put them to test writing something for this community in the near future. I have two months worth of OU laddering experience, but still don't understand much about metagame.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: only IRC at the moment, but may easily get Skype if that's necessary
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: who doesn't?

Last edited:
SKIPPED IN ROUND 92!

Username
: korikoran
PO/PS! Username: korikoran
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 mo-fr 16-22, weekend varies.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU ORAS
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 19 years old. I love pokemon, anime, manga and music. I'd love to get better at competitive battling.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Bishorp
PO/PS! Username: Bishorp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, nearly all day except from midnight to 10
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, but UU or VGC '15 would be good.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing for a while, and working on a living pokedex, but would like to learn more about team composition and play from someone with more experience.
Yes

Username: PeinHero
PO/PS! Username: PeinHero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2 every day and around 5-9pm.
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m 21 years old from Greece, playing pokemon competitively since BW and just want to learn more about the OU tier every generation.
Yes

I would like to request DennisEG as my tutor. We already talk about this with Dennis.

Username: Obliviate
PO/PS! Username: PO: [ABCD] / PS!: Obliviatee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mo-Fr: 6PM - 11PM / Weekend: usually like the whole day, GMT +1
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU ( I'm experienced in the current metagame but I want to improve my teambulding skills.)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16-years-old German, in my freetime I often play football or do stuff with friends. Most people call me Flo.

Username: Cnorth26
PO/PS! Username: Cnorth26
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5. Most weekdays after 3 and almost any time in the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: High school student. Cross Country and Track runner. Looking to learn some old tiers.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: wh0sy0urpapa
PO/PS! Username: wh0sy0urpapa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Mon-Fri 3:30 onward, Sat-Sun all day
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU, ORAS OU, ORAS NU, ORAS RU (in that order)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in high school, and I love doing stuff for Smogon. My goal is to become a smarter battler.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes- both
Yes

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
REQUESTING PRIORITY: WAS SKIPPED IN ROUND 92
Username
: Rumor
PO/PS! Username: Cashier
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 whenever
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: freshman going to university of utah, voice in overused room

1. Username: pokemonomekop
    PO/PS! Username: pokemonomekop
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mon/Wed/Fri 3-9 and weekends like 12ish-9 usually, but depends on what else I have going on with my life. I'm sometimes free Tuesdays and Thursdays but also sometimes not. Usually try to show up daily on PS though.
    Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in high school, trying to get through life and school. Taking tons of honors and APs. Basically play pokemon to relieve stress and it's working out so far, other than ladder. Also on my high school's robotics team and know a bit of programming.
    Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes(IRC)
I'd like to request gizmo as a tutor, he agreed to tutor me

Username: kawsone
PO/PS! Username: kawsone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST -8. Mornings and Evenings. Im flexible to work around my tutor's schedule.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC '15
Tell us a little about yourself: Im new to the metagame scene and been wanting to learn it for a real long time. Im easy to get along with and need a new hobby in my life.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Dont have neither, but can do both. Whatever is easy for my tutor

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
PO/PS! Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 afternoons and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: there is literally nothing interesting about me, but I write analyses
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: aye aye captain

Username: Veleno
PO/PS! Username: Veleno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 4 PM-8 PM usually
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a German, who is into anime.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Prefering Skype

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Meloetta<3
PO/PS! Username: Meloetta3V or wahed ramkraak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT:+1 Amsterdam, during weekdays I'm usually available at 18:00 to about 21:00, this week I have a break though so I'll be available from 14:00 to 00:00
What tier do you want to learn?: Preferably ORAS OU, otherwise ORAS RU or ORAS Doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Mike, I live in the Netherlands. I'm 15 years old but I feel like I'm pretty mature.
My other hobbies are basically gaming or playing football (soccer). I support Borussia Dortmund. I like listening to trap/deep house music but I also really love the Guns 'N Roses, Bon Jovi and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I've played BW2 OU but I wasn't really good at that, I've played XY OU for a few days maybe but I never got into ORAS. I hope to get good enough at ORAS OU (or any tier for that matter) to participate in tournaments. Hopefully I'll be able to be playing the SPL eventually.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use IRC.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: GeeMick
PO/PS! Username: GeeMick / once in a while - I play on PS! usually.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Paris. Usually available an hour or two at night during the week, available on tuesday afternoons, on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: Since I got better at oras, I want to learn DPP now, as it is a meta that looks very fun and diverse but I can't be good at it to save my life.
Tell us a little about yourself: 16 years old man into competitive mons for about a year living next to Paris. Likes parties, electronic and hip-hop music, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

I WAS SKIPPED R92

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Username: Cranham
PO/PS! Username: Cranham
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5pm-4am (In GMT)
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU / ORAS LC or ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Chemistry student, 20 years old
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Username: TPO3
PO/PS! Username: TPO3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (US Central), any time after 5 PM on Tuesday and Weekends, any time after 8 PM on any other day
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in my 3rd year as a Music Education major in Milwaukee. Played competitively since DPP, but never really been exceedingly great.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)