5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I saw, actually; I was thinking of messaging you so you could help me out =)

Unfortunately, my target frame is 411 for a shiny flawless with this seed. That's a good idea, but I'll have to do A LOT of chattering for it. It took a while to actually find this seed, so it's not the most ideal thing to look for a new one. I might just search for an easier seed~
You're right that's quite annoying. well if you assume that your actual PIDRNG starting frame is not going to advance by as more than 30 from what RNGReporter predicts, then you can search around 40-50 away from RNGReporter's initial frame. For example, let's say RNGReporter says the starting frame is 50, but you think it's somewhere further but not more than 30, you can specify this chunk to compare pitches around 90-100. It's early enough in the process, that you can easily restart if you have to.

You're right that's quite annoying. well if you assume that your actual PIDRNG starting frame is not going to advance by as more than 30 from what RNGReporter predicts, then you can search around 40-50 away from RNGReporter's initial frame. For example, let's say RNGReporter says the starting frame is 50, but you think it's somewhere further but not more than 30, you can specify this chunk to compare pitches around 90-100. It's early enough in the process, that you can easily restart if you have to.
That's true. The only thing I worry about is if I'm not looking at the right chatot frames in the list. I guess the only thing I can do is keep trying. I don't think I've hit the correct seed once, since the IVs of the Uxie should be flawless if I do, regardless of the PIDRNG frame.

That's true. The only thing I worry about is if I'm not looking at the right chatot frames in the list. I guess the only thing I can do is keep trying. I don't think I've hit the correct seed once, since the IVs of the Uxie should be flawless if I do, regardless of the PIDRNG frame.
If you want to generate more seeds, select all options for # of button presses. Don't be afraid to try 3 button presses, which I had to do. The only downside is now you'll have to go through more seeds and check which ones give you reasonable shiny PIDRNG frames.

If you want to generate more seeds, select all options for # of button presses. Don't be afraid to try 3 button presses, which I had to do. The only downside is now you'll have to go through more seeds and check which ones give you reasonable shiny PIDRNG frames.
I already have, unfortunately. It's a pain, but I guess I can look for more reasonable shiny PIDRNG frames. I'll try what you told me earler while the reporter searches through seeds for hours on end. XD

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No... I've never had to use a synchronizer before, so I don't even know how that works xD I'll go look into that as well
With what you're doing, it's really straightforward - any natures in bold (whether black or gray) will change to the Synchronize nature. To search frames with it, just set whatever one you're using in the Synchronize option under Encounter Type.

With what you're doing, it's really straightforward - any natures in bold (whether black or gray) will change to the Synchronize nature. To search frames with it, just set whatever one you're using in the Synchronize option under Encounter Type.
Oh i see, yeah I checked and there's one that's like 19 frames away now on that seed. that makes it a lot easier xD

I'm wondering if I can get some help with RNGing some flawless Pokemon in White through breeding on a 3DS with specific natures/abilities. I read the guide but it doesn't exactly point out what I want to do specifically(or I'm just too tired to comprehend it, could be that). Can someone possibly give me a bit of a simplified version of what I need to do? PM me if you're willing to help me out.

Gah! I can't hit ANY IV seeds, so I think my Timer0 is wrong. I can't seem to calibrate using Sweet Scent because I never get any results, so can someone tell me how I can calibrate with EonTimer or where this information is located? Thanks!

Gah! I can't hit ANY IV seeds, so I think my Timer0 is wrong. I can't seem to calibrate using Sweet Scent because I never get any results, so can someone tell me how I can calibrate with EonTimer or where this information is located? Thanks!
if you are RNG'ing on a DS/DSLite, you can just use the clock on startup. It is much easier. Otherwise, here's a video that explains how to use eon timer to calibrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSHAga0Q3Q&feature=relmfu

the eon timer part starts at around 1:40.

Make sure to do your calibration stage many times and choose the most common result. the video covers that part, so it's best just to watch most of it.

OK, so I'm trying to RNG the Route 18 Hidden Grotto for a female Multiscale Dragonite. Every other grotto is occupied, I just checked. However, when I use the Dowsing Machine in the Grotto on Route 18, it is saying that there is something there. When trying to interact with said item, however, nothing happens. It's as if the item isn't there. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I've tried doing some wondercard abuse for a Genesect. So, let's say, I use the 5th Gen time finder, and I get a seed for the spread I want, at frame 161. Then, I switch back to the main-ish window of RNG Reporter (sorry, I don't really know what it's supposed to be called, it's the window that produces the sequence of chatter pitches), and I enter the same seed that I got from the time finder. I check the "Black White 2?" checkbox (I'm using White 2), then I click Generate. For some weird reason, it says that the frame number for the spread that I want is 159 (instead of the Time Generator's 161). Is there something wrong with this, or should I just follow the window that says frame 159?

Also, another question. Do I really need to do the PIDRNG frame advancing inside the Pokemon League PC, or can I do it in any PC that doesn't have any moving NPCs?

I've tried it out (wondercard abuse on a genesect), but I'm always getting the wrong spread; although, I keep on getting this same spread for, like three consequtive times already. I checked it out at the adjacent seed tool, and found out that this particular spread that I'm getting is at a different Timer0 (1678 instead of the 167C that I'm trying to get), different frame number (85 instead of 88, would this be normal given the timer0 I'm getting?), and a different seed, but at the same exact time. Does this mean that if I try to find spreads at the timer0 1678 instead of 167C, then I might have a better chance at a desirable spread? I'm pretty sure that I got my parameters right, and that I used the right number of frame advances (Target frame: 88, starting frame: 58, advances needed: 29)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I've tried it out (wondercard abuse on a genesect), but I'm always getting the wrong spread; although, I keep on getting this same spread for, like three consequtive times already. I checked it out at the adjacent seed tool, and found out that this particular spread that I'm getting is at a different Timer0 (1678 instead of the 167C that I'm trying to get), different frame number (85 instead of 88, would this be normal given the timer0 I'm getting?), and a different seed, but at the same exact time. Does this mean that if I try to find spreads at the timer0 1678 instead of 167C, then I might have a better chance at a desirable spread? I'm pretty sure that I got m my parameters right, and that I used the right number of frame advances (Target frame: 88, starting frame: 58, advances needed: 29)
Given that you can hit so many timer0s, you're probably not using the most common of them. Recalibrate again, do this many times; and if you see that you can hit
1678 more often, yes; switch to it and find a new seed

Is there anything special about RNGing the shiny gift Dratini/Gible? Or is it just a gift Pokémon that happens to be shiny?
~Uiru

EDIT: Ok, never mind, I was just being trolled really hard by the Timer0 after all, and I eventually got the Genesect that I wanted. However, there was one peculiar thing: once I was hitting the right Timer0's, I noticed that I was always 2 frames away from the spread that I wanted, that is, it seems like the initial PID Frame that RNG Reporter was showing me was 2 frames late (i.e. it should have been 49, but RNG Reporter kept showing me a 51, btw I tried out a new seed to use the 1678 Timer0). Does this happen to anyone out here?

All right, so I've used a seed many times to get shiny flawless legendaries in white 2. I copy it down so I can use it again, however, when I input the seed without letting the time finder find it first, it gives me different frames, chatot pitches, and doesn't even let me know when the shiny frame is. Is there any reason for this?

So I've just started RNGing and I'm having a very difficult time trying to RNG a shiny Eevee. I can't seem to get it at all. One time the Chatot pitches were all correct and yet when I was apparently on the shiny frame, I didn't even encounter a Eevee using sweet scent. Could my Timer0 be wrong or something? :\

How can you calibrate RNG Reporter for a newly-started game of B2/W2 just by catching a low-level Pokemon? Is there a guide for it somewhere?
Also, what's a good number of times to calibrate to find your most common Timer0?

You can do it if you transfer the Pokémon to another game and use rare candies to find out its ivs.
~Uiru
To add to above - assuming you have GTS access at this point you can:
1) upload it to pokecheck
2) trade it to someone in the WiFi Club and have them check for you

edit: calibrate timer0 about 10-20 times. that way you will know for sure you are hitting the right seed consistently.

All right, so I've used a seed many times to get shiny flawless legendaries in white 2. I copy it down so I can use it again, however, when I input the seed without letting the time finder find it first, it gives me different frames, chatot pitches, and doesn't even let me know when the shiny frame is. Is there any reason for this?
one of your parameters in the main window is most likely different. for the flawless legendaries, you probably specified "Stationary" for the Encounter Type. It could be different i what you're trying to do now. Also check that your ID and SID are the same as the ones you used for RNGing the legendaries.

So I've just started RNGing and I'm having a very difficult time trying to RNG a shiny Eevee. I can't seem to get it at all. One time the Chatot pitches were all correct and yet when I was apparently on the shiny frame, I didn't even encounter a Eevee using sweet scent. Could my Timer0 be wrong or something? :\
Are your encounter slots specified correctly?

Okay, my plan is not to clutter this thread with questions. I will start
RNG'ing on my White 2 (DSi) tomorrow and I just want confirmation on my
steps; please point out if my process is flawed somewhere. I used to be
pretty good with RNG'ing in BW1 and Gen 4, but I took somewhat of a longer break.

Calibration:
I'm at the earliest point in the game where I can use the GTS and
therefore have access to Pokecheck.
I saved in the tall grass at Floccesy Ranch with a Sweet Scenter in my
party. The plan is to use EonTimer set to 25 seconds (custom delay) and
start the timer at the same time I hit the menu button on the DSi to set
the time to 12:00 (for example).
When the timer hits 0 (I'm pretty exact with this), I'm going to start the
game from the main menu by hitting A very briefly (the stylus is not
precise enough in this case). I won't hold A because I don't want
keypresses in my calibration process.
Once I'm in the game, I'll Sweet Scent and catch a Pokemon and upload it
to the Pokecheck fake GTS, giving me the exact IVs, which RNG Reporter
can use, together with the time I started my game at, to calculate my DSi's
parameters.
I will repeat this whole process around 15 times to get an idea of what my
timer0 ranges are. Once I'm sure of the ones I hit the most often, I can
essentially get started on RNG'ing as usual. Hopefully. :D

Oh, there's one question I have: What's the difference between a normal
and a GLAN wondercard and which one do I have to use for the recent
Genesect event thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)