5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay, so I'm running Windows XP. Is there a previous update to the RNG Reporter that supports BW2 in Pandora's box? I'd like to abuse for my TID/SID, but the current version I'm using (9.95) does not have BW2. If White and W2 would be the same for TID/SID, that wold be great. But I doubt that.
Nope, no BW2 abuse for XP users. There'll supposedly be an updated RNG Reporter down the line with BW2 support that works on XP, but it's going to be a while.

If its a no-go, would recording what I do when I start the game work to find my SID when the next Windows XP compatible version comes out? I'd like to at least be able to know what I got for an SID later, if I can't control it now.
There are easier and faster ways to find your current SID (like Pokecheck or trading to somebody who can check for you), but if you're accurate and exact, then theoretically, yes.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
when RNG'ing uxie in celestial tower in Black 2, do I need to take cloud movement into account? it looks very much like fog. usually for weather conditions, i set the month forward by one and encounter a wild poke - but there appear to be none on the top floor.
You mean Mesprit don't you? I'm leaning towards no, but I haven't attempted to RNG Mesprit myself.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Really? What about Linux? >_<
A Linux version of RNGReporter is in the works, but it's a low priority right now. Your best option is to set up a VM running Windows 7 inside of it (which is what I do).

jp134711 said:
yep oops i meant mesprit. and you're hunch is right. rng'd it and the cloud wasn't a problem.
Yup, i just RNG'd Mesprit as well and the clouds were no problem.

Do I have to calibrate every time I want to RNG something? I calibrated a couple days ago and hit a bunch of seeds that day, but yesterday I could not hit a single seed out of like 5-6 that I tried, and they were frame 1's too.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do I have to calibrate every time I want to RNG something? I calibrated a couple days ago and hit a bunch of seeds that day, but yesterday I could not hit a single seed out of like 5-6 that I tried, and they were frame 1's too.
Calibration is a one time thing if you use the same retail cart/DS combo.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
It's not necessary to recalibrate. It's a good idea as you're RNGing, however, to verify your seeds you are hitting to see if it's just bad luck, or error.

I'm having trouble RNGing Uxie in Nacrene. i've been able to rng the other elves successfully using the same seed. my question is that even though there are no NPCs in the current frame near Nacrene museum, what could be messing up the process? i've tried over a dozen times. the others didn't take this long to get...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
guys im rnging for a growlithe at virbank complex(inside)........but i hit my seed and got a elekid with right ivs (all 31) and a jolly nature which matches the frame 420 (gender charachteristics) :O (im sweetscenting as soon as the season screen fades) and i rehit the seed again and did 1 chatot and got the same pokemon (exact same)....and tried again with 2 chatots and got a different pokemon with right ivs that match 1280 ...is there a bug in the encounter slots or something..???? please help...
the three WNPCs within the Virbank Complex would like to say hi.

when RNG'ing uxie in celestial tower in Black 2, do I need to take cloud movement into account? it looks very much like fog. usually for weather conditions, i set the month forward by one and encounter a wild poke - but there appear to be none on the top floor.
that trick doesn't appear to work anymore in BW2, although you don't need to worry about the clouds on top of the Celestial Tower - they don't advance the PIDRNG, and you can sweet scent just fine.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm having trouble RNGing Uxie in Nacrene. i've been able to rng the other elves successfully using the same seed. my question is that even though there are no NPCs in the current frame near Nacrene museum, what could be messing up the process? i've tried over a dozen times. the others didn't take this long to get...
There are a LOT of NPCs in Nacrene City, it will throw your initial PIDRNG frame off by about 20 (I had the same problem). I highly recommend listening to Chatot pitches for Uxie.

I'm having trouble RNGing Uxie in Nacrene. i've been able to rng the other elves successfully using the same seed. my question is that even though there are no NPCs in the current frame near Nacrene museum,
Doesn't matter. All those NPCs still count, even if they're off-screen.

Nope, no BW2 abuse for XP users. There'll supposedly be an updated RNG Reporter down the line with BW2 support that works on XP, but it's going to be a while.

There are easier and faster ways to find your current SID (like Pokecheck or trading to somebody who can check for you), but if you're accurate and exact, then theoretically, yes.
Alright, thank you. Never been able to get into Pokecheck. Wrong kind of Wi-Fi connection.

There are a LOT of NPCs in Nacrene City, it will throw your initial PIDRNG frame off by about 20 (I had the same problem). I highly recommend listening to Chatot pitches for Uxie.
haha darn. there were some cases where i thought i was hitting the right frame based on chatot pitches. do you suggest stopping a few frames short of the target frame (rather than one frame short) to account for weird NPC stuff?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
haha darn. there were some cases where i thought i was hitting the right frame based on chatot pitches. do you suggest stopping a few frames short of the target frame (rather than one frame short) to account for weird NPC stuff?
I was able to get my frame by stopping right at my frame like normal, but you have to be extremely quick leaving the game menu and talking to Uxie (and a little lucky).

Ok, I got my technical problem solved and RNG Reporter now works. However, now I've run into a problem actually finding my seed.

Currently I'm trying to RNG a flawless wild Axew with Mold Breaker. However, when I go to find out how many frames I'm supposed to advance the PIDRNG, it looks like I'm having to advance somewhere around 200 frames to get to where I want. I've RNG'd a flawless wild pokemon before (ditto) and didn't have to go nearly that far. Am I doing something wrong? Here's a picture of one of the seeds that I got as an example

For example, here it looks like it's wanting me to advance the frame ~480 times .__.

Ok, I got my technical problem solved and RNG Reporter now works. However, now I've run into a problem actually finding my seed.

Currently I'm trying to RNG a flawless wild Axew with Mold Breaker. However, when I go to find out how many frames I'm supposed to advance the PIDRNG, it looks like I'm having to advance somewhere around 200 frames to get to where I want. I've RNG'd a flawless wild pokemon before (ditto) and didn't have to go nearly that far. Am I doing something wrong? Here's a picture of one of the seeds that I got as an example

For example, here it looks like it's wanting me to advance the frame ~480 times .__.
you're doing it right. you have to advance 538-52 = 486 frames to get your target frame. you could try setting to a different seed (i.e. pick a different day or change # of button presses). Since you're not going for a shiny, finding another flawless seed shouldn't be too bad. My experience has been that 486 isn't that many - you could probably get it in about 5 min, but if there are NPCs, you have to be spot on or else you'll have to restart. Best bet is to find another seed, i think.

you're doing it right. you have to advance 538-52 = 486 frames to get your target frame. you could try setting to a different seed (i.e. pick a different day or change # of button presses). Since you're not going for a shiny, finding another flawless seed shouldn't be too bad. My experience has been that 486 isn't that many - you could probably get it in about 5 min, but if there are NPCs, you have to be spot on or else you'll have to restart. Best bet is to find another seed, i think.
Ok, thank you~ yeah... I think the reason that it's so many more than my previous attempt (on a flawless ditto) is because for that RNG I only cared about getting the IV frame, as ability and nature weren't important... This one's far more specific though. Yeah, There were like... 8 results for the year I used in this search. I think 1 of them was like 200 advances though, so maybe I'll try that one and if there are NPCs then I'll find a diff seed like you said

I need some help. I'm trying to RNG for a flawless shiny Uxie, but the NPCs are throwing me off. My main problem is I don't know when I actually hit my seed after loading the game. I try to take note of the chatot pitches, but since the PIDRNG frame is higher than it actually is, due to the NPCs, I don't know where to check the pitches in my RNG Reporter (should I look at frames 60 - 80 or 140 - 160?) I do 5 chatters, take note of them, and encounter the Uxie as fast as I can. I catch it, and take note of the IVs.

If I at least hit the correct flawless seed, shouldn't the IVs be perfect, despite not being shiny or having the correct nature when I catch the Uxie?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, thank you~ yeah... I think the reason that it's so many more than my previous attempt (on a flawless ditto) is because for that RNG I only cared about getting the IV frame, as ability and nature weren't important... This one's far more specific though. Yeah, There were like... 8 results for the year I used in this search. I think 1 of them was like 200 advances though, so maybe I'll try that one and if there are NPCs then I'll find a diff seed like you said
Do you have an Adamant Synchronizer? You're searching for a specific nature with no sync, which cuts you down to 1/25 of the frames even before any other factors. Try that and I expect you'll find a match on a lower frame.
I need some help. I'm trying to RNG for a flawless shiny Uxie, but the NPCs are throwing me off. My main problem is I don't know when I actually hit my seed after loading the game. I try to take note of the chatot pitches, but since the PIDRNG frame is higher than it actually is, due to the NPCs, I don't know where to check the pitches in my RNG Reporter (should I look at frames 60 - 80 or 140 - 160?) I do 5 chatters, take note of them, and encounter the Uxie as fast as I can. I catch it, and take note of the IVs.

If I at least hit the correct flawless seed, shouldn't the IVs be perfect, despite not being shiny or having the correct nature when I catch the Uxie?
If you hit the right seed, the IVs should be perfect (assuming you searched on frame 1). If the IVs are right, you can note the nature/characteristic to narrow down what frame you hit.

Do you have an Adamant Synchronizer? You're searching for a specific nature with no sync, which cuts you down to 1/25 of the frames even before any other factors. Try that and I expect you'll find a match on a lower frame.

If you hit the right seed, the IVs should be perfect (assuming you searched on frame 1). If the IVs are right, you can note the nature/characteristic to narrow down what frame you hit.
No... I've never had to use a synchronizer before, so I don't even know how that works xD I'll go look into that as well

Okay, thank you for the clarification. Yes, I searched on frame 1 (I've used this seed to catch flawless shiny Heatran, Latias) I have tried about 20+ times and I have yet to hit the flawless seed, then. My timer0 range is 10F2 to 10F5. I'm hoping it's just bad luck, because it's demoralizing.

I had this issue just a few posts above you ^. What I eventually did was look at a chunk of frames (about 10 or so) right before my target frame. This way, even though I don't know my starting frame, if I do the pitches and a sequence of pitches matches this chunk that I previously specified, then I know that I'm on the right track. For example, my target shiny frame was 116 so I checked my pitches against a chunk around 100-110. RNGReporter predicted my starting frame was 48, so even if the actual frame was 20-30 ahead (i.e. 68-78), I'd still be able to check if I was on the right track. Eventually you'll get it given all the calibration and timer0 is right. It was probably one of the more annoying ones to RNG.

I had this issue just a few posts above you ^. What I eventually did was look at a chunk of frames (about 10 or so) right before my target frame. This way, even though I don't know my starting frame, if I do the pitches and a sequence of pitches matches this chunk that I previously specified, then I know that I'm on the right track. For example, my target shiny frame was 116 so I checked my pitches against a chunk around 100-110. RNGReporter predicted my starting frame was 48, so even if the actual frame was 20-30 ahead (i.e. 68-78), I'd still be able to check if I was on the right track. Eventually you'll get it given all the calibration and timer0 is right. It was probably one of the more annoying ones to RNG.
I saw, actually; I was thinking of messaging you so you could help me out =)

Unfortunately, my target frame is 411 for a shiny flawless with this seed. That's a good idea, but I'll have to do A LOT of chattering for it. It took a while to actually find this seed, so it's not the most ideal thing to look for a new one. I might just search for an easier seed~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)