Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Sneasler really have higher marks than Ogerpon-W? Whats with the big Sneasler push all of a sudden?

I’m pro Gholdengo. Do not want to see that mom go. It’s one of the few viable steel types. If we ban Gholdengo and Kingcheap, what will be left?
Not in previous surveys, but people have woken up to Sneasler being broken, and it is far more likely to undergo tiering action in the near future than Ogerpon-Wellspring.

We don't really need Steel-types to be good in OU. Most of our Steel-type Pokemon are fake checks to Fairy-type Pokemon (unless they Tera) anyway due to the coverage options they have. I don't think Kingambit will be banned in any case if it didn't the first time around when there is more counterplay to it around now.

Bro it's been 2 hours, chill out
she's not a "bro" and she's also 100% right. with gliscor gone, some immediate pressure has been relieved on the hazard-meta front, and that's a good thing, but the main driver behind the hazard meta is gholdengo and that needs to be our next focus (after cheesler of course, but that mon is legit qb-without-due-process-worthy right now). we've managed to stop the bleeding, now let's stitch up the wound so we can actually start healing

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Gliscor is a perfect hazard setter for this current metagame as it's able to pressure both of the prominent gatekeepers Great Tusk & Cinderace. A very very important thing it is able to do that Ting-Lu and Sam-H can not is avoid hazards itself and have consistent recovery thanks to its ability poison heal. Gliscor is not going to instantly win you a game like Ogrepon or Blood Moon but when played properly it can slowly and confidently take your opponent's team down. Gliscor greatly benefits from the ban of Baxcalibur and welcomes its removal from the tier as it was one of the prominent measures against it. You could say to yourself its spike setting set is too passive, Gliscor doesn't have to run that set. It has balance-breaking taunt sets and sword dance breaking sets at its disposal. The main reason I wanted it included on the Survey is because I personally view it on the same spectrum as Radar. Gliscor is the perfect balance/stall Pokemon that any enjoyer of those playstyles has been waiting for to make gameplay much easier for them. Gliscor exacerbates this tiers hazard problem and makes you wish Ting Lu was the only reliable stacking ground again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)