Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 43 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glitched wonder card? Are you kidding me?!? Ridiculous... I didn't want to trade to get my own competitive diancie. Damn it! How could a mistake like that have been made?
Read a few pages back.

Zapdos Bold 31/14-15/29-30/31/31/31 HP Ice
Toss or keep? Hp Ice seems pretty pointless to me with a Bold nature so idk.

Glitched wonder card? Are you kidding me?!? Ridiculous... I didn't want to trade to get my own competitive diancie. Damn it! How could a mistake like that have been made?
To quote wikipedia
Pokémon(ポケモン Pokemon?, /ˈpoʊkeɪmɒn/poh-kay-mon[1][2]) is a media franchisepublished by Japanese video game companyNintendo, owned by The Pokémon Company,[3]
Read a few pages back.

Zapdos Bold 31/14-15/29-30/31/31/31 HP Ice
Toss or keep? Hp Ice seems pretty pointless to me with a Bold nature so idk.
Yes keep. 1 defense point at level 100 with a whole separate Moveset option? Def keep

I got home and I tried, I got this Diancie:
28-29
24-25
30-31
30-31
30-31
30-31
Hasty Diancie (+Vel - Def) HP Ice. Keep or toss? I'll try again at night, I did it now because I did some trades :P

I got home and I tried, I got this Diancie:
28-29
24-25
30-31
30-31
30-31
30-31
Hasty Diancie (+Vel - Def) HP Ice. Keep or toss? I'll try again at night, I did it now because I did some trades :P
I may be biased but i'd say the atk is too low for a mixed nature :/ but it's definitely good as long as the speed is 31 and not 30

I don't know if this is stupid of me to think but, If I got a diancie like that i'd keep it. This might be a noob question, and I know Iv's are important, but how much of a difference is made? also, what is the neutral Iv's normally found for a random wild pokemon? I didn't really care much about Iv's until I joined this community, so I might have to rebreed all my pokemon to be competitive

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
LF a NA Diancie code, since I'm unable to get it myself in my country (I won't wait until Nov 21-ish to get my codes, smh), I will give something in exchage for it; PM me if you can help.

I don't know if this is stupid of me to think but, If I got a diancie like that i'd keep it. This might be a noob question, and I know Iv's are important, but how much of a difference is made? also, what is the neutral Iv's normally found for a random wild pokemon? I didn't really care much about Iv's until I joined this community, so I might have to rebreed all my pokemon to be competitive
this is kind of a subjective question...the IVs basically give you up to 31 extra points in a stat (vs an IV of 0) to be competitively viable a pokemon needs outstanding potential, and fantastic IVs at least (allowing for HP spreads). Normal pokemon have completely random IVs, though I've personally found hordes generally produce more flawless IVs than normal encounters). Friend safari pokemon have a guaranteed 2 flawless IV minimum. Pokémon in the unbreedable egg group (baby pokemon, legends) have a guaranteed 3 flawless IVS (as of this gen).
As far as rebreeding your pokemon, that's up to you. but keep in mind that MOST battles you'll get from Smogon will be against flawlessly bred pokemon so in some cases, yes you could be at a realt disadvantage.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This might help you. http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ Change around the IVs and see what difference it makes. It's often the difference between OHKOs and 2HKOs. The most important thing though is to have 31 Speed, so you can outspeed or speed tie with other threats.

Also, to answer your second question, since IVs range from 0-31, if you took the stats of all wild Pokémon and averaged them, you'd get somewhere around a 16/16/16/16/16/16 spread. Keep in mind though that no one who plays competitively uses things they just blindly caught in the wild.

This might help you. http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ Change around the IVs and see what difference it makes. It's often the difference between OHKOs and 2HKOs. The most important thing though is to have 31 Speed, so you can outspeed or speed tie with other threats.

Also, to answer your second question, since IVs range from 0-31, if you took the stats of all wild Pokémon and averaged them, you'd get somewhere around a 16/16/16/16/16/16 spread. Keep in mind though that no one who plays competitively uses things they just blindly caught in the wild.
this is kind of a subjective question...the IVs basically give you up to 31 extra points in a stat (vs an IV of 0) to be competitively viable a pokemon needs outstanding potential, and fantastic IVs at least (allowing for HP spreads). Normal pokemon have completely random IVs, though I've personally found hordes generally produce more flawless IVs than normal encounters). Friend safari pokemon have a guaranteed 2 flawless IV minimum. Pokémon in the unbreedable egg group (baby pokemon, legends) have a guaranteed 3 flawless IVS (as of this gen).
As far as rebreeding your pokemon, that's up to you. but keep in mind that MOST battles you'll get from Smogon will be against flawlessly bred pokemon so in some cases, yes you could be at a realt disadvantage.
You both answered my questions perfectly, I understand now, thank you!

Anyone with access to a Monsoon or Marine pattern Compound Eyes Vivillon? Offering stuff from my Trade Thread for a flawless Timid one in a Dive Ball, unhatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)