The Everything NFL Thread v2.0

I do not, in fact, "got to admit." Alternatively, I may have to admit, or even have got to admit, but I still hate Pittsburgh, Steelers and Penguins alike.

Dammit. I don't think that harrison pick was a touchdown. Stupid ass cardinals. Losing to the team I hate with a burning passion, steelers.
:'(

What a game. There was a lot of "ehhhh" moments.

Congrats to the Steelers, although I must say it was a bit of a dirty game. I'm talking about fights and stupid personal foul call (why in God's name did Harrison think he could get away with literally beating the crap out of someone?)

I was very impressed with the Cardinals. Especially with Warner and Fitzgerald. I was rather disappointed in the ridiculous penalties they were getting (some I am a little iffy about) but they did put up a good fight.

Wild and crazy season...I will be awaiting for next year.

I'm quite impressed with the way things turned out in this year's Super Bowl. While I normally don't watch football, I think watching tonight's game has convinced me to start watching more football in the future.

However, one has to admit that was an amazing 100 yd touchdown and Santonio barely saved the Steelers from a close loss.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Fitting for the most poorly officiated NFL season ever to end on a bad call in the most poorly officiated game of the year. And the commercials weren't even good nor the halftime show.

Congratulations on your Super Bowl victory* Steelers, six* rings is yours.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I didn't even realize that INT was so controversial; I was watching on a projector streaming off of a website, so it was pretty grainy, but all 15 people in the room agreed it was a TD. What I CAN'T believe is that Warner's last fumble didn't even get a review (or why Holmes' obvious TD was looked at for an hour).

Also... Chuck Howley anyone? What a fucking mockery.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
What about Chuck Howley? I refused to watch any of the post-game shit after that travesty, so I'm clueless as to what you're talking about.

explained in chat that it was merely griping about how we don't have losing-team MVPs any more

That last play was NOT a fumble. Also, what the hell happened to the commercials? They sucked! 100,000$ for one second though.

I slept through my alarm clock, so I only woke up in time to catch the last minute of the game. It was a pretty good last minute though!

that was amazing.

absolutely the best Super Bowl game. the Giants beating the Pats was great, but the game itself was meh until the final drive.

i tip my hat off to the Cardinals. they could have easily won this game, the Harrison interception took 7 points away from them and gave us 7. both teams played exceptionally well. cardinals fans should be proud of the way their team did, whisenhunt has this team headed for success.

by the way,

the Harrison pick was DEFINITELY a touchdown, Harrison's body was on Fitzgerald and the first time he ever touched the ground was with his helmet when he was already clearly in the end zone.

i was quite surprised that the Warner fumble was not challenged, but do know that it looks like Warner had possession of the ball as the defender pushed his hand back, out of the throwing motion. when i saw the play, i honestly thought it was an incomplete pass.

it's unlikely that a hail mary play would have changed the outcome of the game, either way.

lots of penalties in this game on both sides. disappointed that harrison started punching francisco. he probably said something to harrison before that play (why randomly beat someone up?) but it's no excuse for pancaking him and punching like 3 times. :|

i was so scared watching this game lol

Nah, Superbowl hangover, Warner will retire, Leinart will take back over and they will suck again.

That was a good game, but I was so irritated with the Cards defense on the game-winning drive. I don't understand how you hold them to 13 points all game (less the ridiculous Harrison pick-6), then let Ben play catch with Holmes as he pleases to lose the game. Not to mention Holmes -was- double-covered on that TD and they still let him get it. Amazing.

I was pulling for the Cards, but the Steelers outplayed them pretty badly at times, so my hats off to them.

There were definitely some really bad calls though, and most seemed to favor the Steelers. I also don't understand how you don't review the final play. My initial reaction was that it was a forward pass, but they didn't even bother looking at it. I was amazed at that.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
RE: ugly stooler

Terrible Super Bowl game. What was so great about this game compared to last year anyway? Aside the INT at the end of the first half (WHYYYYYY) it really wasn't any less "boring" than the Giants/Pats game before the 4th quarter. ("Boring" being synonymous with defensive battles, I guess.) Throw in the horrendous officiating and this game is dragged way down on my list. What is it with the Steelers having such a knack for controversy? And why is it the Steelers are always on the right side of it? They're lucky as hell and they're cheating fucks. And through all of it, they always manage to play dirty as hell too.

Harrison was most definitely in the endzone, at least his head landed there anyway. However, that's irrelevant. All that matters is where the ball was when he went down, which sure didn't look like it crossed the plane. It was tucked into his body, below where his elbow hit the ground right near the goal line.

It's not that unlikely that a "Hail Mary" would've worked. Tack that removing-the-helmet penalty onto the end of Warner's non-fumble and it's only about thirty yards to the endzone. Not only is that still close enough for precision throwing, as compared to a 50+ "chuck it and pray," but the Cardinals are probably the most likely team able to pull it off. Nobody thought McNabb was going to pick up 4th and 26 either but it happens.

also stupid (BAN ME PLEASE)

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Going into next season, Arizona's biggest questions are:

1: Warner (and what are they doing with Leinart again?)
2: Defense (will it play like it did in the playoffs for a whole season? The Giants stayed "lights-out" after their SB win, the Colts defense that stepped up in the playoffs...didn't.)
3: Running game - James isn't getting younger. Is Hightower/Arrington a quality tandem?

I could see them going 12-4 next year in that piss-poor division.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
RE: ugly stooler

Terrible Super Bowl game. What was so great about this game compared to last year anyway? Aside the INT at the end of the first half (WHYYYYYY) it really wasn't any less "boring" than the Giants/Pats game before the 4th quarter. ("Boring" being synonymous with defensive battles, I guess.) Throw in the horrendous officiating and this game is dragged way down on my list. What is it with the Steelers having such a knack for controversy? And why is it the Steelers are always on the right side of it? They're lucky as hell and they're cheating fucks. And through all of it, they always manage to play dirty as hell too.
how is a team scoring 16 points in the fourth quarter on the biggest stage in sports against the best pass and overall defense in the league "boring" by even your definition, let alone the fact that the steelers actually scored after that in a you-wouldn't-dare-even-script-this two-minute drill?

Harrison was most definitely in the endzone, at least his head landed there anyway. However, that's irrelevant. All that matters is where the ball was when he went down, which sure didn't look like it crossed the plane. It was tucked into his body, below where his elbow hit the ground right near the goal line.
he mainly landed on fitz before/on the goal line, which means by rule he isn't down until he slides off of him. and besides that, there was a penalty on the cardinals for a facemask during the runback, which would have given the steelers a chance at three points regardless of the goalline call because a half can't end on a defensive penalty.

It's not that unlikely that a "Hail Mary" would've worked. Tack that removing-the-helmet penalty onto the end of Warner's non-fumble and it's only about thirty yards to the endzone. Not only is that still close enough for precision throwing, as compared to a 50+ "chuck it and pray," but the Cardinals are probably the most likely team able to pull it off. Nobody thought McNabb was going to pick up 4th and 26 either but it happens.
and the steelers, by definition, "are probably the most likely team able to" stop it, having been the best pass and overall defense in the league this year. idk about the fumble though lol, i am seriously the last actual steelers fan who will be dumb enough to maintain a borderline stance just because it's in my team's favor, and that was definitely close. also the roughing the passer on ben earlier? yeah fucking right, any steelers fan who says "that's fucking definitely roughing the passer late hit good call!" is irrational.

also stupid (BAN ME PLEASE)
lol, this rules.

Feels like the Rays loss all over again :(

I don't think theres anything to say that hasn't been said already.

Best Commercial was the Bud Light one where the guy got pushed out of the window.

also the roughing the passer on ben earlier? yeah fucking right, any steelers fan who says "that's fucking definitely roughing the passer late hit good call!" is irrational.
Well said good sir. It makes my day to see rational fans making rational statements.

Nothing really more to add...but I heard there was some debate about an illegal block during harrison's 100 yd touchdown...might of missed it or something but uh...details?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MrE - You are the most dramatic, arrogant, retarded sore fucking loser on here. I am sick of your stupid anti-steelers bullshit, picking and nagging at every little stupid thing while ignoring anything that goes against them. The INT return was a touchdown. I will agree that the fumble was not a fumble, but I doubt they would have completed the hail mary. You talk about the Steelers not deserving the win, when really they played equally as well as the Cards did for the entire game. In my opinion, the game was very evenly matched. You can pull your conspiracy theories out your ass all you want, but you can't blame the refs for this one. Fuck off and learn something about football instead of being a whiny fucking bitch. Jesus.

And CK, were the Seahawks outplaying the Steelers when Parker broke a 76 yard TD run? Get off the XL subject already, it's tired. If you want to see a reffing debacle, watch the Colts-Steelers game 3 weeks before that. The calls were every bit as bad, and the Steelers STILL managed to overcome it. I challenge you to watch that game again and tell me the refs didn't try to fuck the Steelers over several times.

And to all you people trying to make stupid cases for why the Steelers shouldn't have won, learn something about football. Anyone who knows shit about shit knows that was a well played game on both sides, and the Steelers deserved that win as much as the Cardinals did.

Also, the "illegal block in the back" on harrison's run back I thought I had seen too, but when I watched the replay a few more times I decided it was close, but he kinda got the guy in the side rather than the back. It was close though, as I said, but I'm not going to romanticize about it. Using referees as an excuse to doubt the legitimacy of a team like the Steelers is preposterous.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Well homer, I'm certainly not the only one bitching about the refs. You know why that is? Because they were fucking terrible. I'm not sure why you care anyway, your bitching at me isn't going to change my opinion any more than my bitching is going to magically teleport the Lombardi Trophy from Pittsburgh to Arizona. But I guess you can bitch if you want. *shrug*

how is a team scoring 16 points in the fourth quarter on the biggest stage in sports against the best pass and overall defense in the league "boring" by even your definition, let alone the fact that the steelers actually scored after that in a you-wouldn't-dare-even-script-this two-minute drill?
People say last year's Super Bowl was boring until the fourth quarter. (Notice the fourth quarter is NOT included!) I'm saying that, if last year's game was boring, so was this game. It was a fairly low-scoring first three quarters and, with the one noted exception (Harrison's fraud TD), not a whole lot of exciting plays went down. I personally enjoy a defensive struggle so these aren't even my criticisms.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well homer, I'm certainly not the only one bitching about the refs. You know why that is? Because they were fucking terrible. I'm not sure why you care anyway, your bitching at me isn't going to change my opinion any more than my bitching is going to magically teleport the Lombardi Trophy from Pittsburgh to Arizona. But I guess you can bitch if you want. *shrug*
I bet you wouldn't say the refs were terrible if a call had gone against the Steelers and the Cards had won. You hate the Steelers so much that you look for any and all opportunities to bash them and doubt their ability, because you'd rather look like a fucking idiot than admit they are any good. I hate narrow minded football fans. The only call I thought they messed up on was the non-review with 5 seconds left. Every other call they made I felt was justified (and that goes for the ones against the Steelers as well). How can you say one blown call makes the refs terrible overall? And don't even give me that bullshit about Harrison not being in. According to THE RULES, he's not down if he's on top of another player, which he was clearly on top of Fitzgerald. He did not touch the ground until he slid off into the end zone. What other calls were bad in that game? I want you to name them all for me. Until you can show me real proof that they were as bad as you say, shut the fuck up.

Congrats to the Steelers. They had the hardest schedule and still come out your world champions.

the first and third quarters were meh, second and fourth were pro. a lot of memorable moments. harrison INT, holding call for a safety (which effectively extended the game), fitzgerald slicing the steelers, and that whole steelers comeback drive.

one of the top 3 fourth quarters ever, and perhaps the best.

i disliked the holding call for a safety, but it looks like a "take down" or that hartwig brought dockett (i think) down with him. a no-call would have pretty much sealed the game for the steelers. the game was way better for it.

anyway, both teams deserved this game, so i feel good about it. referees played less of a role in this one than XL imo. the ben TD they overturned in this game was a lot closer to the goal line than the TD in XL lol.

also, this year's steelers had the hardest schedule of a super bowl winner dating back to...the steelers in 79 lol.

What about Chuck Howley? I refused to watch any of the post-game shit after that travesty, so I'm clueless as to what you're talking about.

explained in chat that it was merely griping about how we don't have losing-team MVPs any more
I was about to start to flame you, but then I saw WaterBomb gave you a good whipping...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)