Your Average Pokemon Art Thread

I myself have been known to draw pokemon from time to time and I free-hand mine while looking at the picture on the internet. I will also take any requests if you want a pokemon drawn, but I will only take one request at a time. Also, please supply the picture if you want it to be a certain one, otherwise I will pick via personal preferance. Here are my drawings to date from first to last:

To Do List:
Weavile - For JRank
Cinccino (Chillaccino) - For Unreality
Mienshao (Kojondo) - for mattj
Scrafty (Zuruzukin) - for Jiovaine11

Current Drawing Request: N/A for N/A

[

On The Side:
I re-color sprites. If you want one recolored, let me know. This is just stuff to keep my occupied for a short amount of time.

[HIDE='Sky' Golurk - Requested by Unreality]
[/HIDE]

I agree the delibird looks really good. I like all your other stuff as well. I hope to see more in the future.

I like all your stuff, can i make a request- can you do me a shiny ludicolo?
Will do, about to start on Yanmega I think, then yours will be my next priority.

Edit: Finished Yanmega, Need to color, and probably my worst yet :(

Edit No.2: Yanmega is now colored.

Shiny Ludicolo, then Weavile are coming next. :)

Your Tyranitar has real personality, and your Azumarill, but I think in your future artworks putting a little more facial expression in wouldn't hurt. That said, I'm in love with the TTar!

Nice start here! The works show real promise for the future. One thing I've noticed though is that you seem to basing all your pictures on Sugimori Art and TCG art. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but judging by some of the odd proportions of some of your works (like tyranitar), you seem to be going straight to the finishing lines. Lightly drawing basic shapes like circles, rectangles, lines, etc to map out the subject you are drawing really helps with keeping things in proportion when the work is completed. I'm looking foward to the Weavile!

Thanks all for the "praise", constructive criticism, and requests for sprites :). Did some actual drawing today, not using normal pictures, drawing what i would like to call a "Semi-Derp". Pretty simple, but still fun. Anyway, just an update, and here is the drawing that I finished a minute or two ago:

EDIT: Oh, also, I forgot to mention in any earlier posts that I am Red-Green Color Blind, so if any colors look funky/wrong, please let me know :)

I really like this. The Charizard is amazing. I like your basic Ken Sugimori-like style. The electrode is definitely creative, keep it up =)

Thread finally restored as Smogon Profile Albums or whatever were deleted and I had all broken links for my drawings. Also added a work in progress and a sprite.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
some of the sprites look really really awful

try using the colors of other pokemon for recolors, as well as approximately keeping the same shading. (although you seem to have done this in later sprites)

as for fusions, try to edit along the edges of the parts you put on to make it look smoother, and not a straight line. some parts really don't go well on some pokemon, either.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I myself have been known to draw pokemon from time to time, and I don't know what this 'Tablet' thing is, but I just free-hand mine while looking at the picture on the internet.
And no one's going to explain? Really? Really?

A tablet is a USB device (like a mouse or keyboard), except that it's a drawing pad that lets you draw into the computer. It has pressure sensitivity, letting you make subtle drawings compared to trying to draw with a mouse. It's a pretty awesome tool for digital art.

<3 Chou Toshio in all formes :) Nice stuff though, it's nice to see some more people drawing with pen and paper. You've got room to improve, but you've got potential to improve. Good luck in Smeargle's Studio

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
ABC, I didn't know you had an art thread! In honor of #seniors, I request a mankey (me) taunting (trolling) a weavile (should be pretty obvious who that is).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)