XY OU RMT Volturn + Intimidate

Hello Smogon! This is one of my first competitive XY OU teams, and my first RMT. After having made mainly Rain Teams for all of Gen V, I was disapointed with the drizzle nerf, so I decided to go ack to my clear skies roots. This is the result:

TEAM BUILDING

I fell in love with Landorus-T at tyhe beginning of BW2. It was so versatile, that it became a staple in all the teams I made. Because of that, I decided to have him on this team too.

Who has intimidate, a volturn move an a decent attacking stat to back it up? If you said Landorus-T, you win. If you said Mega Manetric, you also win. And thus, the idea behind this team was born.

I was going to need a poke to defeat special sweepers, and a counter to ground pokemon that stoped my Manectric from volt switching. I choosed Suicune over Milotic or Vaporeon, for his CM set.

Except that Suicune needed set up in order to become a respectable wall. Thus, I also added Florges to the mix. He also worked as a healer, something that I needed in my team.

With my two main sweepers being special based, I needed a bruiser to break down any special walls. Breloom brought also another way to deal with water types, specially with Rotom-W.

For my last Pokémon, I asked myself what type and role would benefit my team the best. A steel type Rapid Spinner was my answer. Two options: Excadrill or Forretress. In the end I choose forretress because of its typing and its utility, since Excadrill would have been renundant with Landorus-T.

THE TEAM:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

I´ve used this set countless times, and I´m sure I´ll use it countless more. He works perfectly as a pivot, capable of countering many common Pokemon. He almost always manages to set up stealth rocks, and he is capable of giving the other Pokes sfe switch ins with U-Turn Intimidate also makes him pretty bulky, and his fantastic typing brings a lot of synergy with the rest of the team. I still need to take care of HP ice or Ice Beam.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Manectric was a Pokemon I never saw myself using, but man, does it work wonders. It works very much like a Jolteon, it scouts with its volt switch, surprises Garchomp with HP Ice and cleans up end game with its thunderbolt. Intimidate makes him somewhat Bulky, enough to get some kills he wouldn´t normally have. He´s capable of surviving surprise Earthquakes from the likes of Aerodactyl and OHKO back with Volt Switch or Thunderbolt. Flamethrower helps me deal with Grass types, such as Ferrothorn.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
This guy has saved me from more games than I care to remmember. I don´t think the set needs any presentation, it´s a clasic Sub+CM set. He works incredibly well as a wall-Breaker, and he is also able stop sweeps from special sweepers. He can also come in on choiced attacks, set up, and then proceed to sweep. Works well as both a cleaner and a wall breaker. Far from what I envisioned from him at first, but I´m happy to see how he turned out.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
The new Blissey. If you´re wondering why I choose this flower over the pink blob, it´s simple: It has better SP Def, and a Sp Atk high enough to actually damage stuff. It´s also a dragon slayer. And while the wishes he gives are less than desirable, he´s still pretty tough, capable of outstalling stuff like Rotom-W, who often decide to stay in. Aromatherapy helps me clear any status problems.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
Breloom... If Suicune has helped me save countless battles, this little guy has helped me secure them. He can come in in many Problematci Pokémon, Spore and prepare for a sweep. Spore also helps me stop Forretress and the like from setting up their entry hazards. The Mach Punch Priority is incredibly useful, if only to revenge kill some annoying Pokemon. In one sentence: this guy is a murderer

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
Closing them team is Forretress himself. Where do I start? This guy is my defensive pivot. In that sense, he is like Landorus-T, but more focused on the defense. His Rapid Spin is very helpful to eliminate entry hazards. Spikes is always good, and helps the rest of my team sweep. Volt Switch, again, is there to give safe switch ins, as well as clean up weakened pokemon that can still hurt a lot. Gyro Ball is for the faeries. I´m considering replacing his leftovers with a rocky helmet, but I´m not sure yet. There´s also the question of using him or Excadrill, but as I said before, Forretress seems more usefull.
Importable version:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Main problems:

Mega Venusaur Venusaur himself is pretty scary. I don´t have anything that counters him directly, and he knows it. I ussually just damage him a lot until he falls, but he takes down at least one my pokemon with him, all the time, and sometimes two.

If Breloom falls, I have no way of dealing with her. And even then, she´s freaking annoying.

I put them together because they´re similar problems, in that if I catch them off ward, they go down pretty easily. If I´m caught off ward, it´s bye bye for me.

That's interesting, I just wrote a RMT where I listed Mega Venusaur and Chansey as the main problems. Those annoying, unbeatable, walls...

I would suggest replacing Florges with Sylveon.
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
It can pass bigger Wishes. More or less, it's a straight upgrade to Florges.

Yeah, Sylveon has higher HP that lets it tank special hits better, as well as physical hits, and pass bigger wishes. It also has a better stab move. The only thing Florges has going for her is the slightly higher speed, but that's kind of pointless since they are supposed to be slow tanks anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)