World Cup of 1v1 VI - Team Dump

Hey all, when I was a newer player I relied pretty heavily on resources from more established players (and still take inspiration from many in the community) so I'll start giving back by posting everything I've made once it's been used. Due to the large number of teams, the length of explanations will be limited. Shoot me a ping on discord or PS if you have any questions.

SS:
:venusaur: :stunfisk: :celesteela:
Pretty silly team for the first one back since I played SS in PL 5, quick glimpse at the VR showed me that beating zera+toge in one mon was valuable, and I modeled the rest of the team off of pokemon that appreciated the s-tiers being dealt with. tbolt>discharge on stunfisk to minimize para chance on maranga toge, allowing you to toxic it. made this just for fun; I never ended up using it. 3.5/10

:ferrothorn: :tapu koko: :tentacruel:
surprisingly enough, I built this around custap ferro and not actually tentacruel. tenta was a really solid third for the team which would otherwise struggle against ground types like lix or rhyperior, but I couldn't risk getting okoed by eq after failing to ko due to tenta being weak as shit. ended up being a really solid tour team and one of my favorites that I made. 9/10

:dracovish: :celesteela: :tapu bulu:
felt like using quirky specs celesteela for no reason, trashuny ensured me that it was basically just worse than berry here but I didn't listen and it ended up losing during the series. the team is fine but really awkward to click with. specs cele is probably usable but I can't really find any good reason to use it over a more solid set overall, or at least on this team. 6/10 for attempted originality

:azumarill: :zeraora: :aegislash:
aegi pretty much destroyed bird's usage from pl (I brought it 3 times that series I think) and nobody except 1400s ladder players really gave it a chance. it ended up being really solid in this team while paired with physdef scald azu (super underrated set). I was really happy with this team and it felt super comfortable to use. 9/10

:rotom wash: :aegislash: :rillaboom:
rotom is another underrated mon in ss, I had found a lot of success with it laddering for lt a few months ago so I decided to build around it in wc too. aegi fit the bill as a partner and I rounded it out with rillaboom to make what looked like the first ss 1v1 team preview ever. the team was less effective than the azumarill variant but it basically operates under the same principle, except rotom fulfills the roles of both of aegi's teammates on the first team. overall solid and good to use. 8.5/10

:naganadel: :whimsicott: :steelix:
someone finally ended up telling me that I didn't need to use stunfisk because steelix also beat both zera and togekiss. paired it with underrated mon #2332 in whimsicott and rounded it out with a specs naga to solidify a bunch of random fairy mus. team has to setguess pult and I remember it losing to some other relevant shit. 5/10 because it works on ladder

:entei: :regieleki: :tapu fini:
basic-ass team I made w/ boat where I was still under the impression that this entei set beat zera, when it actually has mediocre rolls vs band plasma. I think trashuny had a really similar version from awhile back that boat used instead. 6/10

:buzzwole: :togekiss: :naganadel:
another team I made w/ boat for james, buzzwole set was pretty fun to ev for shit like zone and whatnot. ended up going 2-0 in the series and winning g5 so I've got no complaints, although the team as a whole is pretty suspect. 7/10

:dragapult: :magnezone: :azumarill: / :dragapult: :magnezone: :pheromosa:
quirky zera lure in iron defense chople berry magnezone. it actually loses to banded blaze kick but I didn’t really care enough to actually fix the team, and I just never ended up bringing it anyway. I made both an azu and phero version, because I thought phero had some really good versatility in ss that wasn't being very explored. and then I used band, which is the least versatile set. goat me. 5/10 for both

:steelix: :urshifu: :zapdos:
throwback lol, I figured maybe torment steelix still has some use in 2022. the general consensus is that it definitely does not, but it was still pretty fun to build with. I also decided I'd try the quirky lo zap I kept seeing on ladder, which I found incredibly underwhelming. I don't really remember who I made this team for, but it was probably doc. 5/10

:pheromosa: :torkoal: :ferrothorn:
one of my absolute favorite teams from the tour, av ferro was an absolute blast to use and I got my torkoal usage in as well. honestly the team is pretty solid, despite being a bit awkward to click with in some matchups. I think some italian (probably radu) suggested that I use cb ferro instead of av, which was just a terrible decision that I regret ever hearing. it's just not the same, man. anyway, this team was absolutely sick and I use it all the time still. 9.5/10

:raichu alola: :urshifu: :darmanitan galar: / :urshifu: :zapdos: :darmanitan galar:
two versions of a team I made with someone that I thought would be good vs doc usage or something. the raichu one ended up being a little better, surprisingly, although both were dogshit in the end. 2/10 because it's not even quirky it just sucks

:regieleki: :corviknight: :landorus therian:
team I made for bird that was centered around corvi being broken as shit. I'm sad to admit that the insane zera usage as of late, as well as utility sets instead of random choiced mons, made corvi a little less potent than it once was, but the team is still super solid. it's basically a remake of a sample submission I made from pl, but with eleki > toge and lando as the random-ass ground type to beat zera instead of garchomp. team is super easy to use, very beginner-friendly, and quite solid. 9/10

:porygon-z: :arcanine: :tapu koko:
I won't waste y'all's time reading an explanation, as with many of the low rated teams on this list I was fried af building for the hell of it. this team sucks, as evidenced by the name. I did not use it. 2/10

:cresselia: :zeraora: :landorus therian:
another team I didn't use, this time for doc I think (?) the team has a weird mu vs metagross because cress loses to trick and zera loses to a bunch of the other sets, as well as lando kinda just being a bad check without a ton of investment. overall the team was like passable, but it just felt super awkward to click with and had poor mus against a bunch of the lower-ranked mons. some advice, if you don't feel good using a team-just don't use it. you can always build another. 6/10

:toxapex: :darmanitan galar: :tapu lele:
if I didn't care so much about not any 0-3 mus in my series, I would've 100% brought this. I made it mostly as a joke/lure team the same night I made the previous two but it actually ended up being SO fun to use on ladder and in tests. maybe not the most solid overall, but hilarious. 7/10

:steelix: :aromatisse: :naganadel:
incredibly boring team, just a dfs with some mons that fit well together. the team is fine to click with and fine to use, it does lose to entei and skill swap cress as the paste name suggests but other than that it's an easy team for people to get the hang of. 7.5/10 because it's boring

:dragapult: :volcanion: :metagross:
dragapult, but it beats other dragapults. scarfed pult was a fun idea for a team I made for doc, seeing as I expected him to use random shit like darm g or other scarfers to beat pult. I ended up being convinced not to use it because the set isn't amazing, but the team itself is quite respectable. loses to bulk up zera but everyone was using band so I figured I'd be alright. 6.5/10

:corsola galar: :tapu koko: :zarude:
this team looks like it'd be shit on preview, but it's actually awesome. I figured that if I was gonna qc people's teams by mentioning their weakness to g-cors, I might as well actually use the mon myself or nobody would be incentivized to beat it when building. the mon itself is pretty solid, but paired with the catch-all koko I managed to fit an av zarude in the squad for a team that's just an absolute joy to use. I love it so much, if you couldn't tell by my raving. this marks the first "perfect" team I feel like I've made, because even though it loses to some stuff there's nothing on it I'd change. 10/10

:nihilego: :diggersby: :heatran: / :nihilego: :heatran: :rillaboom: / :nihilego: :rillaboom: :arcanine:
these were all teams I made for alice, kinda one after another as I kept improving them. specs nihilego was something I thought would be really good against her, but I was going about it in the wrong way here. I didn't delete any of the versions because none were necessarily good while the others were bad; they were all pretty ok but in different aspects so I figured if I couldn't come up with a better nihi team (I did) I'd be able to fall back on whichever of these had the best mu. a generous 7/10 for all

:tapu fini: :rhyperior: :dragapult:
scarfed fini was also a must vs alice according to trashuny, so this was my first iteration of what later became a solid-ass team. I couldn't really figure out a good way to actually beat zone here because I didn't wanna use custap rhyp, so the team sorta fizzled out before it could become anything. 6/10

:togekiss: :garchomp: :venusaur: / :garchomp: :togekiss: :aggron: / :garchomp: :togekiss: :volcanion: / :garchomp: :togekiss: :celesteela:
four iterations of the same team, also made for alice. as you can tell, I prepped pretty hard for the tb series. I built in the order shown by the sprites, where I slowly started to understand just how much I'd been sleeping on garchomp. this mon is fire, guys. bo tried to get me to use specs aggron somewhere in there but I ended up not doing that for what I believe to be valid reasons. anyway, the last of the four actually beats the water-fairies that scarfed toge doesn't, but I actually prefer using the volc version. another case of "use what's comfortable for you," where I hated picking when I had a celesteela but I had a good time picking with lumi's anti-zera volcanion set as my third. sure, maybe it's less solid than the final version, but it's what I ended up using because I felt best when I tested with it. 6/10 for the first, 7/10 for the second, 9/10 for the third, and 7.5/10 for the last.

:landorus therian: :naganadel: :blaziken: / :landorus therian: :naganadel: :azumarill: / :landorus therian: :naganadel: :tapu fini:
had the first two saved in my builder fsr, blaziken almost managed the hitlist I had with av lando + naga but fell short along with azu as a third. I eventually adopted the "just use fini bro" ss main mentality and the team became really solid, despite being a bit boring. as you can tell, I was a huge fan of av lando this tour; I think the mon is good but honestly it was just good glue vs a ton of my opponents. 9/10 for the last

:dragapult: :tapu fini: :metagross:
a dfs you have all seen before. I won't spend too much time on this, except that I was worried about fat zera enough to not wanna use wp gross as my third, and because I thought I could be a little more creative. 7.5/10

:drampa: :steelix: :tapu koko:
fuck Nalei for not using this vs neomon because it 3-0ed two games in a row after I told her to load it, but I figured I could pretty much make a dfs team out of anything and drampa looked like it'd be fun to use. it ended up being decent, although maybe the most boring drampa set ever. this is some shit people would use in a randpoke tour idk. 7/10

:haxorus: :regieleki: :volcanion:
this is a team I made for trashuny against neomon that he didn't end up using, I thought scarfed hax wasn't being appreciated enough and it pairs extremely well with eleki. I also slapped the fat custap volc set on there because I was going through a phase using that and it worked well as a steel check anyway. I really liked this team and considered using it myself, but I had like 8 teams already for alice. 8.5/10

:excadrill: :tapu koko: :aggron:
drill also destroyed neuk's usage when I was prepping, but I got way too scared to actually use double steel and a mf exca in wc tiebreak. I think air balloon is honestly a super good item these days that nobody really uses because they get too focused on custap berry; this shit just neutralizes a ton of pokemon who have no purpose but to eq your steel/poison type and wtf is exca gonna use anyway lol. the team is pretty solid, lost to wisp pult which is probably why I didn't wanna use it after getting a fortunate roll vs bird in pools when I used koko as my pult check but otherwise it was rly good. 8/10

:entei: :tapu fini: :nihilego:
finally I managed to make a team for alice using one of scarfed fini or specs nihilego, but I realized I could literally just pair them together with something that beat zera and steels while having a pretty decent team. I managed to make this shit good enough that it beats all the relevant threats, but because it's such an obvious counterteam to alice's usage (although g5 I had 2 3-0s so it worked) it feels really horrible to click with against other people. on ladder basically every other game is triple 1-2, so I wouldn't actually recommend using it unless you're playing someone in tour that you SUPER wanna fish vs. 8.5/10 for winning me the series

:dragapult: :volcanion: :glastrier:
uhhh yeah so this glastrier set is hella gnarly but basically the defense evs give you best odds vs crustle, because you eat a raw rock wrecker from smash crustle, although band nukes you. so basically this just gives you the option of setguessing crustle instead of getting 3-0ed by it. go me. but on preview nobody rly clicks band crustle here anyway unless you're a don, so it works fine. anyway the team is cool, glastrier has cc for darm and chansey but that means it can't have heavy slam so your sole fairy check is sitrus volcanion, lol. anyway this team is fun to use and netted me a few wins so I'll give it a 8/10

:landorus: :zarude: :tapu koko:
made it for nick, decided not to use it because it loses to gdarm. 2/10

:regieleki: :moltres galar: :celesteela:
fun little double custap team I made that just couldn't end up beating zone so I scrapped it and never ended up fixing it up before west got crushed in poffs. otherwise a pretty funny team, I'd give it a 7/10

ORAS:
many of the teams I made for this slot were in conjunction with other people, so I don't really wanna publicize teams that they had a hand in for them. these are the ones I made without collaboration, other than qc'ing. if synon wants to link the rest of the teams he can, but I won't do it for him

:medicham mega: :diancie mega: :registeel:
really fun team for pools, magnet rise is actually a must on diancie with these partners so the team can beat donphan and shit. thunder punch medi blows up unsuspecting gyaras too. 8/10

:mawile mega: :terrakion: :charizard mega y:
another pools team, but with counter zard for lando. it's hard to explain oras teams because unless they have a bunch of interesting techs they're all super self-explanatory. anyway, this team is pretty good. 7.5/10

:charizard mega x: :landorus therian: :genesect:
team for synon to use vs pqs in semis, gene looked really good vs him and lando was a great partner because it takes care of zard and shit. zard was a good mon to round the team out because it's a charizard mega x. anyway, the gene set has a funny story around it but not one I wanna share. 8.5/10

BW:
don't feel like giving explanations on these cuz god knows I don't understand this gen either but yeah I built some bw (some of them w/ smb too) for squares before trashuny subbed in

:gengar: :metagross: :chansey:
8/10

:porygon z: :keldeo: :arcanine:
1.5/10

:infernape: :metagross: :shaymin:
5/10

:cresselia: :heatran: :ferrothorn: / :cresselia: :heatran: :tyranitar:
6.5/10

:volcarona: :magnezone: :donphan:
8.5/10

:snorlax: :metagross: :thundurus:
7.5/10

There are a few other teams in various gens that I've been building for central that I'll edit this post to include or otherwise link once the finals series has been decided, but until then it's just not worth the risk to show stuff I made for other people. thanks for reading if you made it this far, and I hope you all enjoy the teams

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
tol teamdump
vs tsc:
:aegislash: :garchomp: :pheromosa:
dubious team, but I liked it. Has pheromosa so it has to be good LOL. Aegi and MChomp have "synergy" because on preview they both could beat zards (scarf aegi is real 2022) but on this actual team neither does (MChomp does beat ZardY, and X is capable of misplaying- turn 1 mega dd(???) and I guess aegi 50/50s X, but no.)
:meloetta: :swampert: :genesect:
idk I just threw 3 good mons together and they probably do fine against most stuff- I don't think I used this team.
:charizard: :ambipom: :sceptile:
Pretty good for a team where I indulged my base desires and used MScept. Ambipom is quite good. In the actual set I got owned by misplaying with scept into a lando T because what the fuck since when is av lando t a thing.
:scizor: :greninja: :zygarde:
I like scizor. I like scizor so much in fact that I decided to build around it. Scizor is great! It started my tournament off right by critting TSC and was the start of what I called the "tol factor" this tournament where if my games were cursed enough I always won. HP grass gren does things too. good team.
:togekiss: :donphan: :aegislash:
More aegi usage!!! I spam this mon if I'm building on my own. I decided to use kiss because I felt like being a dickhead and donphan is just good. Considered lmniphan here but I'm not that brave.
:buzzwole: :tapu bulu: :greninja:
Buzzwole beat mew LOL
vs bandit 1:
didnt actually build anything, got passed teams by squirtell and pqs.
vs raj Shoot:
:kartana: :archeops: :tapu lele:
This team was the start of three new things for me this wc. The first was using kartana. Every game I won from here out would be with a kartana team, with 2/3 of those involving sent kart. The second was talking to elo bandit. Bandit is a cool dude despite being a dnite (and mew!) apologist and building with him was a highlight of this tournament for me. The third was winning every game of a set with one team. This team was built around max spdef Kartana which is a cool set. You keep a lot of the matchups of physdef grassium while also beating stuff like non hp fire gren. Archeops paired quite well with it and Lele was a third. Idk about the Lele but Kart/Archeops core was incredible.
vs bandit 2 the banditing:
:ambipom: :kartana: :dragonite:
Radu told me to use electrium Dnite so I decided to build around it. This team was also designed with having a flexible Kartana, although Scarf is the "default" mode- otherwise you do eat shit to pheromosa. This strategy paid off as I was able to pull off a win with a swapped Kartana in g5. Ambipom is just a good mon.
:mew: :sawk: :incineroar:
The other team I brought this set. Has mew.
vs landon:
:infernape: :kartana: :aegislash:
All the mons I spam + nape. A word to the wise: do not take close combat off nape if you have no answer to heatran. Team might be pretty deece with CC nape actually idk but it was sub so I got 3-0ed. fail on my end.
:greninja: :aegislash: :donphan:
MORE aegislash.
:dragonite: :genesect: :hoopa unbound:
I blame pqs for passing me this dnite set. what does it do? what does it beat? the world may never know, and even if the world knows, I sure as hell don't.
:steelix: :charizard: :tapu lele:
More building with bandit. Should have used this team cause I think steelix is pretty cool.

thoughts in general: I am bad at sm 1v1. like, really bad. I've never finished a tournament positive and felt like I still have so much to learn. The amount of losses that I had to just straight up not knowing what my opps pokemon did (esp vs tsc) or knowing how my own pokemon worked (vs bandit and landon) is honestly pretty unacceptable for playing at the team tour level. This also unnecessarily constrains me in the builder. I avoid using mons that I don't know how to use and therefore I just don't use a lot of good mons (voir, mew). My picking is a joke as well. I'm going to have to work on self improvement before next pl. With all that said, I had a great time this wc. Team chat was active a lot of the time, and winning brings teams together. Speaking of winning, south sure did a lot of that. 17-7 SMASHED the previous wins record, with a monster +10 differential. Yeah we could have gone like 20-4 if ss didnt shit the bed but it is what it is. 7-1 in semis was also a tremendous victory over a pretty decent west team. I hope we can pull off the victory in finals. I think sm is in a decent place, genuinely. Would still support dnite ban just on principle tho. peace out.

:crustle::registeel::azumarill:
this team was janky af. nice for lure, but not very solid. the regi set was to try to beat aggron and togekiss, but it doesnt really work lmao. wacan azumarill is for vaious electrics like zone and zera. knock off lum crustle generally beats spectrier which is pretty nice
:scizor::tapu koko::urshifu-rapid-strike:
didnt end up using this one, getting 3-0d by popular mons is bad
:carracosta::heatran::tapu koko:||:heatran::tapu koko::dracovish:
using the mishlef koko tran core. got 3-0d by av rhyp against adam cuz i didnt have surf on costa ;-;. changed to dracovish later, but didnt end up using the team because of some 3-0 that i wasnt happy with. good for ladder because u can mess around with the sets to avoid 3-0s
:regidrago::corviknight::regieleki:
this team is goated. i beleive hctc used this preview in pl, so i kinda stole it lol. u can use id corvi if u prefer that. the original 3rd was this zera with a more spa invested drago
Zeraora @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Plasma Fists
- Outrage
- Close Combat
:dragapult::togekiss::swampert:
funny pert was supposed to beat dragons and registeel i think. mediocre team
:rillaboom::urshifu-rapid-strike::tapu lele:
magic room scarf lele is sick. idk the team isnt that good tho
:pyukumuku::dragapult::registeel:
apparently noobs dont know that av registeel is basically the main 1v1 set. team's pult mirror isn't great, u can mess with the sets as always, specs pult is probably better here tbh. this team does pretty well on ladder
:nihilego::cresselia::celesteela:
this is probably the worst team i made. i like the steela and cress sets, but damm this team just gets 3-0d way too much
:tapu lele::landorus::crustle:
another pretty crappy team. was trying to build with swap lele
:aegislash::primarina::zarude:||:aegislash::primarina::goodra:
attempting to use wp aegi part 1. the speed ivs are fore eleki, not really necessary on these teams tho
:pyukumuku::darmanitan-galar::heatran:
pyuk garm is an interesting core (i think close used this core asw), but it kept losing to rhyp. maybe a different heatran with recover pyuk. i didnt use this since i got 3-0d by rhyp before
:darmanitan-galar::naganadel::primarina:||:darmanitan-galar::salazzle::primarina:||:buzzwole::darmanitan-galar::primarina:
various garm prim teams that i made while attempting to build with garm. i havent been very successful with this mon
:spectrier::azumarill::toxtricity:
i swear nalei didnt build this team. spectrier mirror is bad, but otherwise pretty solid
:aegislash::zapdos::krookodile:
i really like this team. why did u guys have to unrank krook? it has a niche >:|
:metagross::naganadel::gastrodon:
weak to spectrier and certain other mons. metagross naganadel has a pretty long hitlist, and gastro did the best
:urshifu::volcanion::tapu lele:
oh hey swap lele found itself a niche. building with av shifu. fling volcanion for avalugg
:metagross::sawk::moltres-galar:
my version of this team. dark fighting psychic cores tend to be weak to water fairies, and this is no exception lol. wp moltg might be worth here. Some people like vests. I like the power of the cosmos.

glitched

formerly bored_glitch
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
gm

https://pokepast.es/8c94e05acd7d1b58
I think our team wanted to try lazzle had rotom-w as a third at first but lost to eleki, swapped to toad. loses to scarf pz idk why we missed it. lazzle is bulked for toge air slash to not break sub
https://pokepast.es/3174ad63c808e9b3
bilbo told me to use bird spect. azu fit perfectly with the hitlist, solid team
https://pokepast.es/1136cb7dd93650c3 queen fit a hitlist, wanted to use koko and cheops for a while.
https://pokepast.es/b24a63cc97c8b091 loses to way too much stuff
https://pokepast.es/ab43cfb08aa04e09 started looking at dhelmise at the end, only got to finishing it after we dropped out. dhelmise beats standard spect, chilan prim for pz and gdarm
https://pokepast.es/956e12d095e93893 hitlist was wack, hatterene tries to beat zera by skillswap t1 into gleam
https://pokepast.es/e90b183ab9d9c2d2 bluffs shifu dark for matchups, loses to drago. inspired by Adam3560

this is basically what i built that i thought was good/had some significance in prep, will be keeping some gems for future use

shoutouts frogfacts Bilbooo neomon for help in building

Last edited:
gm

Dracozolt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Outrage
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Ninetales-Alola @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Disable
- Moonblast
- Encore

Steelix @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Payback
- Fire Fang
This was probably the best team I made for wc.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 12 Def / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Dual Wingbeat
- Brick Break

Krookodile @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Tomb
- Counter

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Incinerate
- Focus Blast
Unsure how I got this preview but the team works well.
c (Arcanine) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Burn Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Snarl

Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Atk / 92 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 26 Spe
- Earthquake
- Rock Wrecker
- Rock Blast
- Avalanche

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 96 SpA / 116 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
Team i build for adam since burn up arcanine was good into Bo’s usage, rhyperior ended up 3-0ing which was pretty nice.
Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- U-turn

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Charm
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Icy Wind
Band pult was really good into allce, didn’t end up winning sadly.
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Iron Tail

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hyper Beam

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 176 HP / 160 Atk / 80 Def / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Brought this team twice and it won both times.The azumarill run iron tail for fairies, outrage on garchomp is for zapdos and cress.

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 88 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wood Hammer
- Disable
Tanks adamant band urshifu poison jab well also tanking specs pult fire blast into struggle.
Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 HP / 28 Def / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunderbolt
- Metal Sound
- Heat Wave
Metal sound helps against some stall like cress.
might edit in more

Last edited:

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
same thing as pl I can't post teams because myself or others might use them but I can post some sets

:azumarill:
Did Don't Do (Azumarill) @ Chilan Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Brick Break
- Liquidation
Realized brick break breaks reflect before hitting so used it to try and have a better PZ mu it's kinda cool. Used an ebelt one was well but that was bad.

:garchomp:
mother tongue (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 108 Atk / 88 Def / 72 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Outrage
Used a lot of different chomps this WC and this set in particular was probably my favorite. Used it a couple times but most notably vs cleffa hater, and this one was basically bulked for ada metagross ice punch and 252+ prim moonblast. I think chomp is really good right now and its bulk is underutilized.

:registeel:
Comet 2 (Registeel) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Careful Nature
- Amnesia
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Rest
This set is bulked for 2 jolly band zera cc's which isn't great. Balloon wasn't necessarily "for" anything it was just because i didn't really care about lefties on that team and was more worried about landos, rhyp, whatever else runs eq. Fished a 3-0 vs deg which was cool I guess and I think balloon is actually really good at the moment.

:haxorus:
Integra (Haxorus) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 60 HP / 156 Atk / 244 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Counter / Iron Tail
- Poison Jab / First Impression
I wouldn't include this but I got to showcase it super well during pools so might as well. Pretty sure it's bulked for timid zapdos hurricane with a sorta speed dumb sorta for goodra but you can add like 4 more spdef for lando I think. Won twice with it vs delemon and vs deg using different movesets each time but ended up just clicking outrage lol.

:gengar:
Seras (Gengar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick / Dazzling Gleam
This was just a cheese set since I needed to beat darmg, pz, pult, kiss, and a couple other things in 1 set which this almost does. If you hit your focus blasts it's actually good, but I would still consider it complete cheese. Outspeeding many toges while para'd is cool I suppose.

:spectrier:
YTEIXNA (Spectrier) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 148 Def / 172 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Beam
- Hex
I never use spectrier but while building for semis looked at it and questioned why people don't use its strongest attacking move. This set was basically an attempt to get as many specs and wisp mus possible in 1 set which it sort of does, but without gsc evs it's just underwhelming. Think it was bulked for ada scarf haxorus and hyper beam should just ohko. It did exactly what it was supposed to do in finals however which was super cool and seemed to confuse a few people since I finally had time to read that gc kek.

There's a few other things I didn't share but most of my "tech" this WC was just throwing LO on random mons and running obscene bulk looking back at it. I'll probably post my favorite SS teams I've built across the gen when we get closer to sv

Sanshokuinsumireko

I got the baddest bitches in anime

I didn't build that much this WC but when I did it was funny.

gen5
https://pokepast.es/3c89c7c3b5e13907
https://pokepast.es/d89ba45521520d29
https://pokepast.es/9eb3e3d1e7437ae1
https://pokepast.es/fe79c197e53c2719

gen4
https://pokepast.es/62d9854712f77620
https://pokepast.es/bef8466fcaf4feef
https://pokepast.es/3bb22abe4a9edd1c

Usually, I'm supposed to say my thoughts on the BW meta. The problem is I haven't or built watched enough to give a concrete answer. The things I did see when spectating the series I watched. I was pretty surprised at the "Level of Play" of the game on this team tour.

I just wanna share this one Kartana set that I developed during the wc if incase anyone of y'all also want to try it out :>

Origami (Kartana) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 96 HP / 208 Def / 76 SpD / 128 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Tanks CC from banded adamant Zeraora, and 2hko back since you have the custap to be activated. Outspeeds Tapu Fini and OHKO's with leaf blade unless bulked up then it 2hko's. Smart strike is there for other stuff like Garm since flare blitz or superpower will be taken care of by endure.

Incase you still want to point it out, yes I know it's cursed af.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)