Wii U

I think that's a good idea for Nintendo too. Since they figure the cost of R&D, marketing, production, etc. into the cost, their profits increase with each one they sell.
iirc the 3DS is selling under profit as well right now. When Nintendo sold it above that profit line, people deemed it to expensive. Now it's selling under profit, and people are buying it. I'm expecting something similar for the Wii U, but right from the start this time. Most profits are made selling games anyways, not the consoles themselves.

iirc the 3DS is selling under profit as well right now. When Nintendo sold it above that profit line, people deemed it to expensive. Now it's selling under profit, and people are buying it. I'm expecting something similar for the Wii U, but right from the start this time. Most profits are made selling games anyways, not the consoles themselves.
I mentioned before I hope Nintendo is reasonable and sells below profit. PLEASE

Also, 3DS is selling below profit right now, but I remember they mentioned at e3 that they should be breaking even with the 3DS this year, meaning they will no longer be losing money on it.

$300 doesn't sound too shabby; I'm hoping exchange rates will drop it to €250 or so.

Playing with others in your living room is going to be expensive, though; those game pads cost about as much as half the console. Actually, seeing as you get one included with the $300 price, they cost as much as the console itself. That's quite a lot.

Australian launch prices are $349 for base model and $429 for premium.

In comparison (stolen from NeoGAF):

PS3: $999
360: $649
Wii: $399
Xbox: $649
Gamecube: $329
PS2: $749
Dreamcast: $499

Not that bad really.

What bothers me is I'd buy the deluxe edition but I want it in white. Hopefully they'll come to their senses and release both colors of both editions...

Bayonetta tweet said:
...death of an amazing series
Lolwut.

In other news, some people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions (also apparently Bayonetta is a lot more popular than I thought, I hadn't heard of anyone really liking it until the sequel news came out.)

You know what seriously pisses me off? People won't buy Nintendo systems because 'their games aren't hardcore enough' and 'they don't have enough third party exclusives' or some shit (translation; too many good games, not enough cash cow shooters). Then Nintendo gives them what they want! They pick up a sequel that would have just died and put it on their new system! Now the Wii U has another huge third party exclusive! Then what does the public do? They complain that it's on a Nintendo system even though this is exactly what they were asking for. I don't understand...

Reactions: Ute
So excited for this. Of course I have no money, but the thought of getting the much nicer looking (imo) black WiiU. Based on what I've actually seen, they seem to have a pretty good line up for launch.

PIKMIN 3!!!!!

Looking good, although I'm feeling the burn in my wallet from thinking about buying extra pro controllers and wii remote pluses to make good use of Nintendoland.

Games lineup is looking amazing as well. Truly something for everyone.

I've said it once, and I'll continue to say it forever and ever...

RAYMAN LEGENDS!! It is the best looking game on the Wii U. I can't believe so little people see the amazing fun that this game is... and even fewer have played the prequel, Rayman Origins.

I mean, check out this music level:
[youtube]w5QoFmYaQaQ[/youtube]

And this is just your regular gameplay:
http://youtu.be/ifUrYosNmTc

It's ridiculously good. I'll be playing this for so long :)

Personally I'm not getting Wii U. Not because I hate it or anything but because a) I'm a cheap bastard and b) I don't have the space for it.

It does look kind of cool though.

I don't like music games at all. But that was beautiful.
Hahaha I'm not the biggest fan of music games, but I added that other video that shows that it's a platformer first.

It's like Mario, etc., an awesome 2D platforming experience!!

I think the post after this one is also right - I think they just mixed in music levels in the middles in places - not every level is a music level.

Everything we want is on it's way, Nintendo says don't worry haha

[youtube]4MzG6lDA1A0[/youtube]

And has anyone got a Wii U yet? I have, VM me your Miiverse/Nintendo Network Details!!

[youtube]OZUKsxIucts[/youtube]

wut
I thought this was persona 5 at first (never played main smt game) and I can't decide if this is better or worse than that

Wind Waker HD this fall, Zelda wiiU coming along
Yoshi's Epic Yarn
SMT X FE
Bayonetta 2 and W101 still coming along with no dates
Xenoblade-esque thingy with what seems to be multiplayer
SSB4 screenshots coming at e3

30 cents for 30 days for a NES game is pretty stupid though (as is 4.99 for an NES game really).

"Sorry about the whole launch window fail thing"

Edit: oh, and mii party, which except for the single gamepad minigames that warioware should steal, it looks blech.

That's more in 40 minutes than they do with their entire e3 presentation lol.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Holy crap, Wind Waker HD :O Definitely getting a Wii U as soon as WWHD comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)