Who’s your Pokémon partner? [250 possibilities]

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
is an Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Find out.

What it says on the tin. Unlike similar versions of this kind of thing however, this particular quiz is 35 questions long, has 250 possible results, and is (I think) actually pretty well written. I last took this quiz a year or so ago and back then my result was Feebas—which I loved because my favorite Pokémon is Milotic. I recently stumbled upon it again and thought it would be really cool to retake and see what I get now! I thought it’d be fun to share and I’d love to see others’ results as well!

My result:
80432E25-BCB2-400B-AB52-01A161F443D1.jpeg

5A184CA3-83C2-4851-BB9C-E318A3BCBC3C.jpeg

Pretty fitting, I think. I actually love my result this time around. I’m kind of surprised I got two of my very favorite Pokémon both times I’ve taken this quiz. (Only Alolan Vulpix could’ve been better!) Although when you take it, I suppose you will see there are a couple questions that help narrow down your aesthetic and gameplay preferences, so it’s not THAT surprising. (I prefer elegant/beautiful Pokémon and special attackers lol.)

I do kinda wonder what different answers I gave this time ‘round that gave me a different result though. I guess I’m just a different person than I was a year ago!

I’m excited to see what other people get! So far, I’ve sent it to my sister and she got Litten (we kinda match! :D). Share your results!

1643283242430.png

To be honest, I got hung up on the appearance part for a while. A lot of my favourite evolution lines do start with something I consider cute, but the examples they gave clearly didn't align with my idea of cute. Going with another option on that one seems to have worked out, since I ended up with a mon I consider cute anyway.

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
View attachment 402172
... a Pokemon with great competitive prowess.. yes...
I think it’s worth noting that all 250 possibilities are the unevolved form of whatever evolutionary line they are from. So your result is really Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss!
View attachment 402184

After Eevee, this is my favorite Pokemon line so they really nailed it.
Nice! I love this quiz because it seems like most people get one of their favorite Pokémon.
View attachment 402216
Hey, that works well. I like Fighting and Steel types, after all.

Second was Snom of all things. Weird.
I believe those are actually the most common results for all the people who’ve taken the test. So, lots of people got Snom, it’s not that Snom was your second highest result. (At least I’m pretty sure.)
View attachment 402218
based AF. Dark is my favorite typing, Johto is my favorite region (tied with Alola) , I love canine Pokemon, and Houndour is both cute and tough, my favorite traits in a mon, so overall it's a pretty good partner for me.
Nice!!! We kinda match a little bit! Foxes are canids right?

Last edited:

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
I just love how everyone’s result (excepting ScraftyIsTheBest and Crunchman’s Togepis) is unique! I just think it’s so cool. It’d be awesome to see some kind of analytics on the quiz to see how they give such unique (and mostly on point) results!

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
How does one actually take that clip of their results everyone's doing? That seems less sloppy than, say, just taking a raw picture of my laptop screen from my phone. Once I figure out how to do this, I'll post my results. Thanks :D
You can use print screen button on laptops or screenshot button on phones

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
This is the third time I've tried to post these results... my laptop really doesn't like this thread for some reason. Sooooo I just copy-pasted all of the text instead. It reads as follows:

Your Result:
Spheal
Well, would you look at that! It seems a Spheal wants to be your partner! Spheal, also called the Clap Pokémon, rolls everywhere to get around and will show their delight by clapping whenever they're happy. Like most ice and water Pokémon, Spheal are drawn to people who are observant and emotional, though they are also known to be exceptionally playful and open-hearted Pokémon. They make the perfect partner for trainers who are optimistic and communicative, though can also be stubborn when it comes to pursuing things they want. My friend, this marks the beginning of your and Spheal's journey together. Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

:bw/spheal:

You can use print screen button on laptops or screenshot button on phones
Hehe, I just figured out a life hack to reply without double-posting. I'll be sure to keep this in mind. Thanks :)

Daylight

angels roll their eyes

I'd say it fits, one might call it an absolute match.
Very nice!!
I got Absol as well!
I like Absol, but I certainly wasn't expecting it.
Oh wow! Second repeat but the results are still pretty diverse.
This is the third time I've tried to post these results... my laptop really doesn't like this thread for some reason. Sooooo I just copy-pasted all of the text instead. It reads as follows:

Your Result:
Spheal
Well, would you look at that! It seems a Spheal wants to be your partner! Spheal, also called the Clap Pokémon, rolls everywhere to get around and will show their delight by clapping whenever they're happy. Like most ice and water Pokémon, Spheal are drawn to people who are observant and emotional, though they are also known to be exceptionally playful and open-hearted Pokémon. They make the perfect partner for trainers who are optimistic and communicative, though can also be stubborn when it comes to pursuing things they want. My friend, this marks the beginning of your and Spheal's journey together. Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

:bw/spheal:

Hehe, I just figured out a life hack to reply without double-posting. I'll be sure to keep this in mind. Thanks :)
Pasting the text is actually a much neater-looking way of doing this lol. And that sprite is adorable! Do you like your result?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So my result is:

Well, would you look at that! It seems a Zorua wants to be your partner! Zorua, also called the Tricky Fox, can change into the forms of others and will often appear as a silent child. Like most dark Pokémon, Zorua are drawn to people who are quiet and perceptive, though they are also known to be exceptionally shy but devoted Pokémon. They make the perfect partner for trainers who are self-conscious but incredibly inspired, and seek to understand the world around them. My friend, this marks the beginning of your and Zorua's journey together. Welcome to the world of Pokémon!
I guess that fits me, and obviously would prefer a Charmander (even though it's description doesn't quite fit me, but then again I don't think a partner's personality need to match if they help even each other out which I would with Charmander), and I certainly have no problem with Zorua (though I would need a diverse party if I want to make real use of Illusion).

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
So my result is:

I guess that fits me, and obviously would prefer a Charmander (even though it's description doesn't quite fit me, but then again I don't think a partner's personality need to match if they help even each other out which I would with Charmander), and I certainly have no problem with Zorua (though I would need a diverse party if I want to make real use of Illusion).
Very nice!!

Oh wow! Second repeat but the results are still pretty diverse.

Pasting the text is actually a much neater-looking way of doing this lol. And that sprite is adorable! Do you like your result?
I was personally expecting one of either Pichu or Hattena. By the way, the fact that a wooden ukulele toy wasn't an option for Question... I believe it was Question #27, is a genuine hate crime and I will be so happy if any of you get that reference. As for Hattena... let's just say I have a bit of a theory about this thing. Ever heard of a Pokémon being neurodiverse?

Given the limited roster of results and the arguments made by the results themselves, I can definitely see how me and Spheal would pretty relatable. Emotional, out-going, and laid-back- or rather the combination of the three, fit me to a T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)