Which Ttar?

In your own opinion, which Ttar is better? DDtar or Cursetar?

• Cursetar

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • DDtar

Votes: 149 85.6%
  • Neither, they're equal.

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
Alright, personally, there's been quite a bit of gossip between two variations of Tyranitar. Here is where we can vote between the two and post our explanations for others to discuss and explain why they chose which.

So now, in your own opinion, which TTar is better and why? Be sure to include an explanation as to why you voted for the one you decided to vote for so it's more than just a simple poll.

This in my opinion is the best Tyranitar, i created it myself, and it seems to work Magic, when having just ONE opportunity to set up.

Name: TBulky
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Fire Punch / Crunch / Stone Edge/ Rock Slide Taunt
Item: Expert Belt, Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ev: 176 Defense, 172 HP, 16 Special Defense, 28 Attack, 116 Speed

This set is mainly designed to take advantage of Tyranitar Uber like stats and move pool. After 1 DD Tyranitar out speeds all base 90 pokes, even Adamant Salamence and Garchomp. With its great Special Defense boost thanks to sand, he can even take Surfs no problem, even from Specs Starmie. After 1 Dragon Dance, Fire Punch will OHKO Heracross, Weavile, Forretress ( Stealth Rock help ) and Breloom. It also 2hko Bronzong, and does 43% minimum to Skarmory. Crunch is there to make Cresselia easier, hits Bronzong for decent damage and Swampert, and hits Celebi and Slowbro for Super Effective. Stone Edge is there for Zapdos, Gyarados and Togekiss, who can annoy you and hits Suicune for nice damage as well. Taunt just makes Weezing nothing to you and free set up bait, helps vs Dusknoir who lacks Brick Break. Also stops Skarmory from roaring you out. Earthquake and Ice Beam is there for elite type coverage, Ice Beam over Ice Fang, because Gliscor, Donphan and Hippowdon all lack Special Defense.

DD will win... CurseTar is more of a supporter by taking hits, most people prefer dragon dancing and killing then using like blissey to take the hits.

Trunks there's no point bulking it up to take hits if it's going to outspeed everything. BulkyDos works 'cause Gyara walls stuff like Heracross while Tyranitar doesn't wall a whole lot.

lets see

Gyarados walls
- Heracross
- Physical Salamence
- Garchomp
- Infernape
- Lucario

Tyranitar walls
- Azelf
- Porygon-z
- Cresselia
- Jolteon
- Arcanine
- Jirachi
- Heatran
- Raikou

lets see

Gyarados walls
- Heracross
- Physical Salamence
- Garchomp
- Infernape
- Lucario

Tyranitar walls
- Azelf
- Porygon-z
- Cresselia
- Jolteon
- Arcanine
- Jirachi
- Heatran
- Raikou
Tyranitar doesn't wall:

-Azelf (HP fighting)
-Heatran (Earth Power)
-Jirachi (U-turn)
-Porygon-Z (HP fighting)

Anyway, DDance tar is cool, cause it's retro. :)

so gyarados doesn't want them either simply because
they have can carry Thunder Punch or Stone Edge

get real man, most of those things barely carry HP fighting and if they do, it does SHIT DAMAGE to tyranitar, along with Earth Power from Heatran

DD is tried and proven. i've always thought of TTar as brute strength. tanking isn't my first option, but i see how the set could work for a possible stall/residual damage team. a few toxifiers, spikes, stealth rock, and the certain pokes Cursetar happens to wall could work. but that's too many factors for me.

TTar for sweeper, not support.

get real man, most of those things barely carry HP fighting and if they do, it does SHIT DAMAGE to tyranitar, along with Earth Power from Heatran

4x super effective and they all have good/boosted sp. attack
the sandstream boost doesn't make up for super effective attacks

i do like your ddance ice beam combo.

dragon dance allows him to outspeed his threats who would otherwise force him out
ice beam handles common walls

curse reduces your speed, so strong attackers force you out, even after 1 turn of setup
your also not doing enough to walls by the time they switch in

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DDTar, the advantages of being faster in SpE are better than the Def Tyranitar could get. It's weaknesess are somewhat backed up by good stats, but you cannot use Curse that well, being slower than all the SE moves that will hit you as you always go last. Snorlax, and even Swampert pull Curse better off due to having less than a few weaknesses, in their case, that's one.

If your main objective is to sweep, use SpE to do so. Sweeping, Tyranitar's best asset.

DDTar>CurseTar

Out of the two DDTar hands down, he just has too many big weaknesses to make Curse viable enough, and it's far better to be fast when they send say a special based Lucario at you.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
His 4x weakness to fighting really screws him over too much to be a reliable wall of any kind. :/

Since I'm the one researching CurseTar I obviously voted for him. My research thread has a bunch of explanations as to why I like it. At least this is keeping the opinionated remarks in the opinion thread as opposed to the research thread (what I wouldn't give to have one of these during my Lucario research thread...)

DDTar > CurseTar because, while T-Tar has good defenses and a SpD boost from Sandstream, he has too many weaknesses to warrant a Curse/Rest/EQ/Crunch set. The stuff that he should be walling carry moves that hit SE on Tar, and there are too many Ground type and Fighting type physical sweepers to make use of Curse.

However, DDTar can sucessfully sweep due to a kickass Attack stat and Taunt, and the fact that you outspeed everything not Scarfed after 2 Dances, its too hard to pass up.

To make a long post short, DDTar is far superior to CurseTar.

I never really liked set up Tars in general, but Tyranitar cant really take hits anyway so ddTar

EDIT:Sure he got defence but to bad typing to really tank

After two Curses T-Tar will be surviving most STAB fighting attacks and after one he's not even 2HKOed by some really strong physical fighting attacks like the Weavile Brick Break that I mentioned (clearly nobody read my post). Also there are physical attacks that aren't fighting type ya know.

In my opinion, and as has already been stated, Tyranitar's common weaknesses really prevent him from tanking. Although I only use Rock Polish Tyranitar on Wifi, I'd have to say the more aggressive DDTTar is in most situations the better play.

This has really degenerated into one giant "Flame Phox because I don't like his idea" thread. Thanks, you guys.

There's this magic thing called playtesting, you guys should try it.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
sorry phox did not mean to flame, its not that i dont think that its a nice/cool idea but DD lets you outspeed so much and curse only helps a bit with phy. attacks. it is a surprise and a lot of people would be caught off gard but it does not have the sweeping power of DDTar, and there are much better pokemon for curse sweeping e.g. regirock, snorlax. what advantages does it have over regirock?

so gyarados doesn't want them either simply because
they have can carry Thunder Punch or Stone Edge

CM HP Fighting Mismagius....?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)