Where is MixGross in the analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why this warranted a thread if you're not even creating any form of discussion with your post, I haven't a clue.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If you're going to petition for it to be added to the analysis them make the set and post it in the Correstions and contribution section.

EDIT: Also make sure you follow all the rules for doing that.

No, no, no, I've seen the set before, and Jibaku has made mention of it several times before. I recall it had the option of Icy Wind. Icy Wind is even mentioned as an "Other Option" in the analysis to "MixGross," yet no MixGross is posted.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I wanted one created. I just want to know where the one that was already created currently is.

Probably in the obvious section like so many random Pokemons who people just slap a Choice Scarf on and exclaim that it should be in the analysis. ._.

I just thought of a cool Mixgross set.

Metagross@ Life Orb
Quiet
204 Atk/216 Satk/88 Speed
HP Fire 70
Grass Knot
Meteor Mash
Earthquake

With this spread, it outspeeds and 2HKO Skarmory, Grass Knot hits Hippowdon, Swampert, and any Ground types that would usually wall Metagross. Meteor Mash 2HKOs Blissey, once it figures out your set and comes out to wall Metagross, and Earthquake is just there as a filler for now.

is a defensive impish metagross worth mentioning for perhaps a sleep talk set?

i thought that used to be popular in ADV but haven't seen any mention of it in DP... thoughts at all?

@kb: yeah, I have no idea why that isn't in

I usually go with adamant with even atk/def (stats) for needed power to beat dusknoir/weezing

hm I ran a mixgross set and it was something like this

metagross @ life orb
EVs: 236 speed, 200 atk, 148 sp atk (they might be off a little I forgot them so I had to figure them out by looking at the stats ingame)
Naughty
-Zen Headbutt
-HP fire
-Grass Knot
-Icy wind

it has enough speed to outrun timid gengar after an icy wind speed drop so it can kill with zen headbutt although zen headbutt is mainly for weezing and it still 2hkos blissey. hp fire 2HKOs skarm. the only problem with this set is that it tends to die fast because of life orb and no hp EVs.

There was a LO Agility MixGross discussed sometime ago in the ""creative" movesets/EV spreads" thread a while ago:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=850578&postcount=804

One of the better I've seen around, coupled with damage calcs for most of its common switch-ins, 2HKOing all of them.
The issue at the time was, to either go with the definite OHKO on Cradily with the current spread, or swap 4 EVs from Atk into SpA to get a reliable 2HKO on Cune with GK, while missing on the 100% chance of OHKOing Cradily with MM. Just pick accordingly to what's used the most atm and/or what you "fear" the most.

Like Lord_Sunday mentioned, you can post a Peer edit in the Analysis Workshop section concerning a Mixed Metagross set if you want.
I think if there's a full Special Attacking set listed there, we might as well have this one (or another Mixed set that works good) up in it. After all, Icy Wind is mentioned in the Options section for an unexistant MixGross set. I can't run tests with it though, so I'll leave that to someone better qualified than me.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
futuresuperstar: I have just checked in the site history and we never had a 'MixGross' set in the DP analysis. We also never had a 'MixGross' set in the forums. I'll fix the 'MixGross' reference in the Other Options bit.

If you notice such a problem with a particular analysis, do NOT post here about it - post in the appropriate thread in the Contributions and Corrections forum (in the Small Changes stickied thread). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you did not know this, as it isn't listed in the rules.

The rules are going to be slightly edited soon so that this is crystal clear to everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)