What pokemon is greatly hampered by bad typing/ Stat/ movepool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
regifail aka regigigas great everything but it got a trait that makes traunt looks like pure power

#1 Dragonite - needs more thick fat =(

I don't see the point of this thread, every pokemon that isn't Arceus is hampered to an extent by movepool, stats or bad typing. Or else there wouldn't be counters. Even Mewtwo wishes it were fighting to take advantage of STAB Aura Sphere and not take pursuits from T-tar.

Actually, If you compare Slaking to another poke, you technically can times the comparitive Pokemon's offensive stats by 2.

One attack by Slaking = this much base power in comparison by 2 attacks by another = this much base power. (can't remember off the top of my head)

Also, Delibird has the worst typing of a Rapid Spinner, has only 1 level up move that is based entirely on luck aswell as other moves it can learn being generic TM moves and it's best attacks are Aerial Ace, Ice Shard & Ice Punch

Shaymin needs a fucking movepool, so much wasted potential, it's like the poor mans tangrowth.
Oh, and Steelix would love a recovery move not named rest.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
remove garchomp from the game and flygon will be ou again -_-
haha ><

Articuno got screwed; sucks taking 50% damage from SR. Other pokes get around it (yanmega just protects and speeds right up not daring to switch out after).

Magcargo: Fire-Rock and not much of a movepool to work with (all he gets are support moves) ;\

Luxray and Flareon are the only Pokemon with substantial potential that are killed by their movepool pretty much completely.

Luxray is almost completely outclassed by Manectric in UU, aside from the latter being a special sweeper. Flareon just has no offensive moves to go off its offensive stat/cursability and no defenses to speak of to play the role of Umbreon on fire.

The comments made in the OP are almost all completely wrong. Glaceon is a huge boon to a hail team; snow cloak + STAB 100% accurate blizzard + substantial defenses + Wish + Fake Tears = a very versatile tank. Also, HP gives you access to a second offensive move, if one is even necessary.
Ninetales, while not OU material, is THE staple of UU and is so OU in UU that a number of people are/have complained about pushing it into BL. And for good reason. Flashfire allows you to switch in on Pokemon like Heatran, other Ninetales, HP Fire's, etc, Hypnosis the switch (assuming Choice Item), and the NP up on the second switch. Your offensive movepool is essentially limited to two attacks, but few people really utilize the variability of Fire + <Hidden Power> in lieu of the much easier "Fire Blast + Energy Ball," due to the latter only being available as an egg move. Combining Fire + HP Ground or Water allows you to get around other Flashfire Pokemon while maintaining your STAB/Flashfire boost. This is paramount to trying to maneuver Ninetales in a Ninetales dominated UU environment and sliding it in against a Heatran heavy OU environment.
Aggron is probably one of the key physical walls in UU. Its typing is probably the only thing that keeps it from taking a slot in OU.

Absol: It has excellent attack and uses as a swords dancer, trap passer, or a double status inflicter, but the speed and defenses are so horrible that it is almost unusable, and it only has a combined 465 base stats, which is very low for a pokemon. If it had a little more speed or either some defense or special defense to take a hit, then it would be much better.

Charizard: Still excellent as a Belly Drummer, but with SR used all the time, chances of getting it off are very slim, even with rapid spin support.

Eevee's evolutions: Stats and typings of most of them are excellent, but every one of them has a very shallow movepool; and for each one, there is only one, maybe two, effective strategies to use each of its evolutions.

Bastiodon and Probopass: Excellent Defenses, but poor movepools, and even worse, horrific typing!

All bug/flying pokemon that isn't named Yanmega

Raikou: Simply put: no movepool.

Delcatty for sure. Amazing movepool for both offense and support, yet its stats are so bad it can't really make use of any of it. :(

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Moltres is killed by its type, which is a shame. 50% from Stealth Rock to switch in isn't worth it.

Absol: It has excellent attack and uses as a swords dancer, trap passer, or a double status inflicter, but the speed and defenses are so horrible that it is almost unusable, and it only has a combined 465 base stats, which is very low for a pokemon. If it had a little more speed or either some defense or special defense to take a hit, then it would be much better.
Or if it just had Brick Break for those Rocks/Steels in UU.

EDIT: Oops, double-posted.

Hmm... I really wish that GameFreak hadn't decided Rock/Stell was "OMGBBQHAX" defensive typing. I lurve Probopass, but he simply is not usable in OU. I also whole-heartedly agree with someone's signature which goes something along the line of, "Let's give Garchomp 2 more speed than Flygon to really smash the dreams of anyone who likes him."

Hmm... I really wish that GameFreak hadn't decided Rock/Stell was "OMGBBQHAX" defensive typing. I lurve Probopass, but he simply is not usable in OU. I also whole-heartedly agree with someone's signature which goes something along the line of, "Let's give Garchomp 2 more speed than Flygon to really smash the dreams of anyone who likes him."
I love that sig, especially the fact that garchomp is in japanese.

true, but even with a crap ability he'd show up on most teams.
same applies for regigigas.
It would be nice however to be able to use them (slaking) with no reprecussions.

Sucker Punch, or choice scarf work.

Eevee's evolutions: Stats and typings of most of them are excellent, but every one of them has a very shallow movepool; and for each one, there is only one, maybe two, effective strategies to use each of its evolutions.

Vaporeon: Subpasser, wishpasser, toxic stalling, bulky water, phazer..
Jolteon: Subpasser, yawnpasser, Fake tears, choice specs..
Umbreon: Trap passing, toxic stalling, curse passing..

Raikou: Simply put: no movepool.

Still works.

#1 Dragonite - needs more thick fat =(
i completely agree with you, dragonite was my favorite poke since R/B/Y and S/G/C but got ruined in advance due to horrible ability, it could perfectly bear thick fat because is kinda a fat dragon lol.

Ampharos is hampered by all but his typing out of those 3. =(
I think we need a BST600 pokemon with 136 speed, 120 base special attack 90 base attacdk, an excellent mixed movepool, with electric typing,

and it looks just like ampharos

that would rock

Actually, If you compare Slaking to another poke, you technically can times the comparitive Pokemon's offensive stats by 2.

One attack by Slaking = this much base power in comparison by 2 attacks by another = this much base power. (can't remember off the top of my head)
I disagree with this, it's entirely dependent on if you actually keep in slaking for more than one turn. Because slaking is almost always a choice bander, he would usually switch out after the first hit anyway, expecting a counter to switch in. It really only comes into play if you're trying to make a late-game sweep with him, or he's your last pokemon.
Traunt sucks, but I don't think if effectively halves his attacking power.

edit: dragonite needs a better ability, thick fat, shed skin, anything

#3 Ninetale/ Arcanine
First of all, ninetale have great speed and respectable special defense but that's all. However, it doesn't have good HP and special attack to pool off its good special defenser or speed. Overuse of Stealth Rock doesn't help it either since it make already fragile ninetale more fragile.
Ninetales is excellent.
328 speed+Hypnosis...Go to sleep.
Nasty Plot...522 spatk.
A fire Pokemon with Energy Ball...that's just hawt.

She should never be on a list of bad Pokemon when there are Pokemon like Ariados...first bad Pokemon to come to mind.

Originally Posted by Fat Bran

Sucker Punch, or choice scarf work.

sucker punch indeed works really well on absol, sword dance, hung on with sash and then sweep is good, but with more speed and some defenses it could do even better with it great super luck and lot of high critical hit ratio moves, also could take advantage of other great moves like taunt, perish song, mean look, curse, santch magic coat, etc. etc. if only it had better stats.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)