Lifestyle What milk, creamer, or emulsifier best prevents scalding of the lips when drinking it in coffee/tea?

Whole milk? Carageenan?

Coconut Milk Creamer? Skim Milk? Oatly Chocolate? Oatly Low Fat?

Something else?

Let me inform you that Greek Yogurt doesn't work. I have tried. It can also make it uneven and worse.
Edit: Benefiber also doesn't work. What about other fibers?

I'm referring to make your own coffee/tea at home. Not getting it from outside.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
cant you just wait like 5 minutes rather than making an unholy yogurt-coffee fusion (srsly wtf greek yogurt??? what??????)

alternatively, steamed milk can provide a bit of a shield while drinking to assess whether or not the liquid part is still scalding, and its delicious

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
sorry I meant frothed milk. I put the milk in a milk frother. a dedicated device for milk. to froth it

Does that mean that when you order this stuff outside and things other than cow milk go into it, then, baristas froth it even if it were oat or flax milk?
well yeah, but they have to wash it out between uses (just a quick rinse) because otherwise it would be a violation of health codes.
My own two cents on the topic is to just put whatever creamer you prefer in the refrigerator, that way it's cold and will decrease the temperature a little. If you really don't like using milk for creamer, you can just let it sit for a minute or two. This also helps with tea since it allows more time for the flavor to get into the water unless you're a weirdo who fills half their teacup with sugar instead of putting just 1 or 2 cubes in there.
Alternatively you can develop heat tolerance by drinking boiling water twice a day raw or just accept the eventuality that your tongue will feel funny for an hour or two.

well yeah, but they have to wash it out between uses (just a quick rinse) because otherwise it would be a violation of health codes.
My own two cents on the topic is to just put whatever creamer you prefer in the refrigerator, that way it's cold and will decrease the temperature a little.

Alternatively you can develop heat tolerance by drinking boiling water twice a day raw or just accept the eventuality that your tongue will feel funny for an hour or two.
The reason I need it to be as hot as possible while not scalding me (which is not possible in pure water, but possible with either certain substances/processed additives/milks prepared a certain way), is to deal with problems in the neck which needs to be thinner. that and other areas. I can endure hotter temperatures when I bought it outside (as long as water isn't in it), so I need all the ways to consume it at home too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)