What is the hardest Video Game you have ever played?

I'm seconding that some of the games in the Touhou Project are just crazy like Mountain of Faith and Shoot the Bullet. I'm still can't beat those games on hard mode. I'm very jealous that some people on youtube make Lunatic mode look easy. They're pretty fun though.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ninja gaiden for xbox, the enemies are so hard in this game i got sick of dieing and got a strategy guide from gamespot. The last boss was so easy though it was almost disappointing.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on any difficulty. Argh.

Also I would agree with any bullet hell game.

Guitar Hero on expert is easy once you get the hang of it...

Trauma Center's pretty bad, too.

just finished up Legend of the Mystical Ninja today. not only is the game awesome, but quite tough as well with all of the randomly spawning enemies and crazy platforming shit that ensues. i have to say its a lot easier to play as a rom, but even then it's pretty difficult to play. highly recommended, though!

Digimon World 3,
I bought it like over 6 Years ago and I still can't get past the last half of the game with like 100+ hours >:(

Hell, my memory is a bit off, but one of the hardest games I can remember was Z-Gundam for Snes:

If ANYbody has ever played it, I'm sure you would agree that fuckin "Psycho" Gundam MK I was the most defensive SOB to ever grace the face of that damned planet.

I had to save / reset to beat that blasted thing (Long Range Combat mode) like 6 times....

The fuckin "amx-004" wasn't easy either (stupid ass funnels).

Digimon World 3,
I bought it like over 6 Years ago and I still can't get past the last half of the game with like 100+ hours >:(
Seriously, that game was hard. I couldn't get past the first level.
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) and Trauma Centre were kinda easy...

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Altered Beast always gave me trouble, that and Contra III.

Halo 2 on Legendary is a bitch.

I remember playing Shinobi, and I remember dying a lot.

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for Wii...

It does have a difficulty setting, but the controls are so damn inresponsive, that by the time you're about to set up a combo, the opponent moves slightly to the left or right, and pwns you... And don't get me started on Konquest mode...

Also, Digimon 3 was easy as hell... Digimon 4 was uber hard though...

Try playing Halo 2 or 3 on Legendary (the hardest mode) with all the skulls turned on. It is near impossible to beat, if not totally impossible.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter.

That's as hard as fuck, never gotten past the first level, you can go in circle for hours and bloody new enemies regenerate and scare the shit out of you in the darkness.

Anyone remember the original Lemmings game for the CPU? That shit was hard. I remember how I couldn't get past this level where you had to climb a cliff, and then drift down using umbrellas. However, you didn't have enough umbrellas... It makes me frustrated just to ramble about it.

Holy shit, Battletoads co-op. My cousin and I would spend summer after summer trying to beat that fucking hoverbike level in Battletoads & Double Dragon.

The hardest game I've ever played and enjoyed was Ninja Gaiden for XBox. The game really forced you to get better as the game progressed; you had to learn how to use combos, magic, and all of the different weapons just to stay alive. I think Ninja Gaiden is one of the few recent games I've played where the lowest enemy can still easily kill you.

And of course every Contra game.

Seriously? I beat the Hovercraft level rather easily...it was the spacecraft level with the OHKOs, Rabid Bulls who's fighting skills exceeded yours and they're faster and deal massive damage, as well as the constant fight between certain items and turn taking through the OHKOing traps was were the things that got me frustrated as a kid. I eventually beat it, however; extreme timing is really all you need, and I'm really good at that.

As for me...probably Silver Surfer for the NES, or the very first Ninja turtles game. I eventually beat both, but....it took a LONG time.

TOKI Going Ape Spit on the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis for you Yank heathens)

Anything could kill you in one hit, you were slower than frozen shit and most enemies had the delightful habit of jumping really fast onto your head about a half second after they appeared. Pissed me off how hard it was, plus it gave me nightmares.

Mega Man 1
It wasn't that easy also if you lose at the Wily's castle you must remake everything from the begining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)