What is History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, what is history? I'm just wondering what other people think about what history really is. Please don't give stupid answers, I actually want this to be serious.

History is something that you will never, ever need, despite what some people may say.

And to the people that say, "those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it," I say, "there's no way I'm going to become dictator of a European country and get my ass whooped when I invade Russia during the winter."

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Not really sexist at all despite what herstory proponents might have you think.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was wondering what History was then I realized it was the alternative to Women's Studies.

his·to·ry   [his-tuh-ree, his-tree]

1. the branch of knowledge dealing with past events.
2. a continuous, systematic narrative of past events as relating to a particular people, country, period, person, etc., usually written as a chronological account; chronicle: a history of France; a medical history of the patient.
3. the aggregate of past events.
4. the record of past events and times, especially in connection with the human race.
5. a past notable for its important, unusual, or interesting events: a ship with a history.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
things that have already occurred are past
things occurring now are present
things that will occur are future

like i said i dont really see how this is open-ended

This thread if it isn't amusing for long enough to justify itself.
Single line OPs aren't great at generating 'serious discussions'... also learned from history.

So history is past events like the Civil War and Jamestown.

But what makes all of these events history?
What do they have all in common?

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Is the goal of this thread to determine whether or not your might quit position might become a part of history, because at this point, I am reasonably confident this isnt going to go the way you want it to.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm glad you decided to stay, so let me ask you a question, what do you believe is history's greatest sea creature? That is the animal from the sea that has had the biggest impact on the world today.

To be honest I cant think of any important sea creatures other than jonah's whale, which I am pretty sure didnt exist..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)