Announcements (Well #86: UT) All Too Well (10 Minute Version)(Taylor's Version)(From The Vault)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
"A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer." The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Tuesday?" A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Tuesday, it's your day in the well."

It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's UT. long story short, I am a 29-year-old guy, I have a Girl At Home I married with Paper Rings six years ago (she's the best thing that's ever been Mine), we have two boys (which I think makes us Suburben Legends), and of course a dog Rex.

I created my PS! account to top the SSB4 ladder and my Smogon account to ask that Choice Specs Mantine be ranked on the Godly Gift VR. I am an OM main (mostly Almost Any Ability) and am now one of the leaders of C&C (the people who write analyses). Mostly I am known for spamming Rex photos and Taylor Swift lyrics.

I don't really know what to do here but uh...I'm here!

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
What do you do for living
I am a work from home software engineer, which is how I am able to capture so many photos of Rex.
Whats it like being a family man
I love my sons so much and just want to squeeze them all the time. That being said, I no longer remember what sleep is like.
what's your taste in music like?
My Spotify wrapped was 88% Taylor Swift and I am not honestly sure where the other 12% came from.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
What got you first to originally playing competitive mons and how does it feel like to be one of the older players on the site (speaking from experience)?

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
if you had to ban 1 OM user because of how bad they are at mons, who would it be?
if you had to ban 1 user because of how bad they are at writing analyses (besides me because I said so) who would it be?
Is Texas worth residing in in your opinion now that you have 2 kids?
Who babysits for you when you and the missus wanna go out on a date or something similar?

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
Appeals + C&C Lead
Why are you the way that you are?
I’m pretty far to the nurture side of nature vs nurture, so I can only assume environmental causes. Which ones, hard to say, but probably family.
What got you first to originally playing competitive mons
Originally? Found the analyses, they were fun to read, then just played randbats in class. For actually getting involved around 2021? Bored during the pandemic, then found a metagame Talonflame was good in and dove waaaay too deep.
and how does it feel like to be one of the older players on the site (speaking from experience)?
It’s weird cause in terms of like, knowledge of Smogon / competitive mons, I am still very new. I asked Finchinator last year to his face if he played tours. But at the same time, in terms of actual age, I just assume everyone I meet on this site is 17 and I’ll get lots of old jokes. I don’t find age comes up that much unless something with my kids comes up, which then yeah I feel old.
if you had to ban 1 OM user because of how bad they are at mons, who would it be?
Me I should not be allowed to click buttons in meaningful games.
if you had to ban 1 user because of how bad they are at writing analyses (besides me because I said so) who would it be?
No one, all of our writers are great, and I refuse to ban any of them. If you’re really going to make me ban someone, it’s probably pannu purely for how slow they are at implementing things (love you pannu) (pannu plz)
Is Texas worth residing in in your opinion now that you have 2 kids?
This is a tough question honestly; we have jobs we love, a church we love, and almost all of our family is here, so it’s really hard to see us moving. That being said, the political and literal climate in Texas does worry us, especially the issues with the state trying to defund public schools. I wouldn’t recommend moving here with young kids, but it’s hard to leave when everything is here.
Who babysits for you when you and the missus wanna go out on a date or something similar?
Usually my parents. Fletchling loves his grandfather to an almost offensive degree to the rest of us…

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
Appeals + C&C Lead
drop your ranking of every album's tracklist
Dude this is way too many songs and I am not ready to try and figure out if I like Tied Together With a Smile or Stay Beautiful less. I can do any one or three albums, or rank the albums, but have mercy :sob:
Most underrated boyfriend?
I don't understand the question.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF CHEESE
Highly, highly context dependent. On a burger? On pasta? On a cracker? To eat by itself? Hard to beat a nice parmesan though.
Which four Midnights song compose “I have a little kid in my basement”
Yo what the fuck?

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i've been hearing Is It Over Now (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) on the radio and i like it. can you recommend other taylor songs similar to that (i also like Style and Delicate)

are your irl peers also married with children

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
Appeals + C&C Lead
I don't really follow the relationships so idk
i've been hearing Is It Over Now (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault) on the radio and i like it. can you recommend other taylor songs similar to that (i also like Style and Delicate)
I would try Maroon, Would've Could've Should've, 'tis the damn season, You're On Your Own, Kid, and august. If you like those songs the Midnights album in general is a good fit for you.
are your irl peers also married with children
Overwhelmingly married, probably like 2:1 with kids. At work, the average age is like 55 so I'm really on the young side there lol but other friends it's much closer to my age but still mostly marrieds.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
Appeals + C&C Lead
Ren here is a down payment:
Our Song
Picture To Burn
Teardrops On My Guitar
Tim McGraw
Should've Said No
-------- below this I really don't listen to very much so take with a grain of salt
Mary's Song
Cold As You
Stay Beautiful
I'm Only Me When I'm With You
A Place in this World
The Outside
Invisible
Tied Together With a Smile
A Perfectly Good Heart

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
do you cook? if yes, please show pics of the last thing you cooked / favorite meal you cooked in 2023

thoughts on Talonflame in the meta rn

meow :3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)