Weirdest dream ever?

I hope it's not too late to bump this interesting thread...

A recurring nightmare I had until the age of 8 or 9:

As soon as I was alone in any room, the lampshade on the light hanging from the ceiling would start panting/hissing, then i'd be frozen as though it had cursed me, and it would slowly swoop down on me (the panting getting faster and louder) and tickle me to death. I could never sleep with my armpits exposed because of this dream, and I think it's because of how creepy the lampshade looked in the dark.

Scariest nightmare that I remember right now: Everything was strangely silent even though I was up in the morning brushing my teeth (no brushing noise, no sign of anyone else being around). Suddenly I heard a meow so I turned around and saw my cat's head poking out from behind a row of shampoo bottles on a small shelf... it was staring at me blankly. I went to move the bottles in front of him, but then noticed it was just his head. I was truly disturbed.

I've also had several dreams where I commit suicide, usually by jumping off the top of a huge castle. Then I get to feel what it's like to be dead (unable to move, everything is black) for a few seconds before I wake up.

Lucid dreams: On the rare occasions when I have one, I usually start flying (for some reason, it's either around construction sites in desert-like areas, or in an indoor-garden at night). One thing that's more fun to do than flying in a lucid dream, is to try and get some girls to appear so you can do what you want with them... this worked once, but then I got woken up for school just as stuff was about to happen.

Pokemon dreams: In real life from late May to early July 2009, I was constantly soft-resetting for a shiny Giratina in Platinum (took 11,628 SRs in the end), and about halfway through that period I had a dream where instead of a shiny one, a normal one with all these random floating crowns around it appeared, descending in slow motion. For some reason, it scared me and had the same effect as a nightmare.

You know those dreams where you fall off a cliff and then wake up just before you hit the bottom? Well, I had one of those dreams except I kept on going and hit the ground. Then, I walked through a huge tunnel of darkness, blacked out after a couple of minutes of walking for no reason, and woke up awhile later.

It was kinda freaky. And I only had this dream once.

I honestly hate the latest dream I've had, but I'm posting it just because of what I'm struggling with right now.

A little background: I am a Christian(because I don't like to say I "consider" myself one....to me, either you are or you're not). Two months ago, I was basically told that I needed to stop playing video games, Pokemon and other RPG's in particular. I won't even try to start that debate cuz I know where it'll go, but I believe most Smogonites will make the connection. I had stopped playing the DS completely for a few days and decided I needed to go stay with family for a while, though some people had indirect influence in this decision whether they knew it or not. I picked it up again and started playing Pokemon. One night, I was sleeping on the couch and I dreamt that I woke up in the middle of the night. Everything was completely normal.....except when I sat up and looked over to my right, there was a Dusknoir floating in mid air in the small hallway leading to the kitchen. It was just looming over me, with it's one cyclops eye looking down at me, glowing red. I freaked out and out of my fear, foolishly leapt at it to attack and let out this loud grunt as I did(kinda DBZ style.....I guess) to no avail. It didn't react in the slightest and as soon as I yelled out, I woke up in a bit of a sweat.

In retrospect, I think I was actually angry that I was afraid in the first place and that's what triggered my reaction. It was weird, but I've been going through some stuff lately that I know will be life changing, though I still don't know what the end result will be.

I've haven't had a "nightmare" for around 5 years or so, so when this happened it was wierd. Anyways, the way my dreams work, they land in two categories. One is the category of random flashing images of nothing in particular, which is pretty mundane. The second, which usually only happens on weekends when I have the time for them, is an epic dream. And I mean epic like the Odyssey epic, epic POEm epic. Intro, body, conclusion; drama; plot twists; it's serious. In fact sometimes I even get sequels that build off past dreams, ones that I can't remember having when I'm awake, before or after. But anyways, I'm always taking a journey or solving a problem or something. Of course, until this. This was actually a part of one of my epics, so I'm hesitant to call it a nightmare- it was more like an unpleasant chapter of one of my epics. But anyways, I was doing something when I just FALL THROUGH THE GROUND. I fall right on my ass in some secret tunnel thing, and I'm taken away by a guy whose face I can't remember. I join up with a bunch of other kids who fell through and are in an underground, camp you could say. It wasn't that bad, it was like being in an orphange, except I had parents (I think, I don't remember this dream). But I knew it was secret, and that they went to great lengths to keep this underground child snatching under ropes. How it worked was, if somebody was underground, they had a tunnel around them sort of thing- nobody was just surrounded by earth. However there was a timer on this, and if you were alone without other people around you, the earth would sort of close in on you. I didn't really understand the specifics, as I couldn't really properly analyze things in my dream state. I just knew that's how things were. Anyways I was then chosen for a special task, which I didn't fully understand. But the other kids looked at me like we were all cows and I was going to get slaughtered. I then realized that they would leave me underground as a trap, by myself, to have another kid fall under into my tunnel- at the expense of myself, as I would suffocate. Again I don't remember learning this and obviously the specifics of this were somewhat fuzzy, but that's how dreams are. Anyway one of the "counselors" at camp helped me escape, not out of compassion but because more of a "meh I don't care" thing. So I got above ground and warned everyone and woke up. trippy.

You guys do know there is a method you can teach yourself to realise you're dreaming, and thus morph the dream into anything you want. and no, it's not pinching yourself. Anyway, this obviously leads to some amazing stuff, although dreams are always too emotional and subconscious to really get one's head round.

Oh, i keep dreaming about going to freaking space, moon on whatever up there. On every possible way.
Sometimes i'm a videogame character, and goes on to some wasted land way up there; sometimes i just dream i'm climbing up with a rope. On a spaceship... many, many ways.
And i normally wound up falling. But it's a good falling; almost like it never ends, so it's like i'm flying >_>
And i absolutely love those dreams, and the falling part makes me soo relaxed...

Anyway, the weirdest dream i had:

You know the world? Yeah, of course... you're alive.
So, the world was just like always.
Things happening. Friends talking. Cars, people passing by. Perfectly normal world...
But i just stood there, sitting on the bench. Many good things happening, a pleasant place... but i just stood there, with no thinking or feeling whatsoever.

I was, like, a souless person. Like, everything was nothing to me, i didn't feel any emotion, anything. I was basically dead... but alive.

A very strange dream for me...

Looked like a movie or something lol

Once when I was little my mom and I were reading on the bed. I dozed off a bit and then dreamed I was walking down a street. As I was walking I fell into a manhole and jumped to catch myself. I jumped in real life too and woke myself up.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
giant robotic sesame street characters destroying skyscrapers and nobody noticed but me

That was when I was like 10 and it's still got my 'what the fuck, subconcious' prize.

Recently it was almost bested when I was fighting monsters with energy weapons in a postapocalyptic setting and went straight for John Lennon but it just wasn't as grandiose and inexplicable (I didn't even watch sesame street as a kid).

Oh yeah and I was shot and died in one of my dreams once, that sucked. :I

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You guys do know there is a method you can teach yourself to realise you're dreaming, and thus morph the dream into anything you want. and no, it's not pinching yourself. Anyway, this obviously leads to some amazing stuff, although dreams are always too emotional and subconscious to really get one's head round.
I've done it a few times its pretty awesome. Anyways, recently I have had two seperate apocolyptic dreams. The first one was the sun disappeared. Straight up gone. Now I figured we would all freeze to death and the rest of the dream was spent fearing and wondering how it would be: would it be slow or quick, those questions. The second one was some sort of plague. I think I was immune to it, because I never feared for myself, just getting left alone. Instead of medicine, the government just handed out drugs that would painlessly kill you. Yeah it was pretty bad.

Scariest dream I ever had was weird because the physical sensations were implented into it. I dreamed I was walking down a hall past a closet and the bogeyman grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in and dragged me around. I spend the rest of the dream in Hell riding roller-coasters that went down at 90+ degree angles down. Turns out my dad grabbed me by the shoulders and walked me to my bed while I was asleep, he thought I was awake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)