Weezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Pokemon seems to have its ups and downs.. in your opinion, what's the best way to use Weezing?

It has a good special movepool.. as well as status coverage.. but what's the best way to use it considering its Attack is better than its Special Attack, though, only by 5 base stat, and it has no physical STAB moves worth using. Give me YOUR opinion. Discuss.

I use it as a dedicated heracross/gyarados counter with fire blast and thunderbolt. Also works well against typical metagross, skarmory, breloom, weavile, etc.

Downside is that its basically forced out by anything with any kind of special attack.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This Pokemon seems to have its ups and downs.. in your opinion, what's the best way to use Weezing?

It has a good special movepool.. as well as status coverage.. but what's the best way to use it considering its Attack is better than its Special Attack, though, only by 5 base stat, and it has no physical STAB moves worth using. Give me YOUR opinion. Discuss.
if you want to start discution write down lots of stuff about it, movepool, stats, typeing, ability, possible sets. i know most people know most of it already but youve got to give people a starting point.

It covers Gyarados and Heracross, two of the biggest threats in the game. (Well, the latter more so than the former). It's arguably the best non-Guts Fighting-type counter in the game. The best Curselax counter, being able to Phaze and cripple with Will-o-Wisp. It's also the only decent counter to ADV Medicham.

So yeah. Weezing's HP is too low to be a good general wall, coupled with the fact that it lacks reliable recovery, but if you know its niche uses, Weezing's pretty good.

With Gliscor now available, I just don't see much of a reason to use Weezing other than for Gyara and maybe a few others. I find Gliscor's many support move options to be better.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, Weezing doesn't have the 4x weakness to Ice and only has that one weakness to Psychic. Plus, Weezing can Haze, Explode and actually use special attacks, unlike Gliscor. Those are some good reasons to use Weezing over Gliscor.

I'll emphasize Explosion some more. It's a very simple solution to a lot of problem pokemon that can't outrun and OHKO him.
After he burns the opponent's sweepers, use him for something worthwhile.

I have a hard time finding the right moveset for it, but it does counter some of the more prominent physical sweepers very well. Will-o-wisp is one of my favourite moves, and resisting the STABs of most Guts sweepers makes Weezing all the more useful. It's just too bad that it doesn't either have higher Hp, or higher special attack.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
if you want to start discution write down lots of stuff about it, movepool, stats, typeing, ability, possible sets. i know most people know most of it already but youve got to give people a starting point.
at least someone's read the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)