Warstory: Sand Veil should be banned

Edit: Can someone change the title? I only got answers i should not whine and Sand Veil isnt that bad. I only wanted to have a headline which makes people reading the story xD

This isnt a really great warstory with all the hax, but I want to show you that Sand Veil is as annoying as double team.

My Team:

The Pokemon are in no special Order

His Team:

I removed Sand Stream and Leftovers, only the Sunny Day time will be kept. All pokemon but Gengar, Charizard, Tyranitar and Metagross had lefties.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Jaxi sent out Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Gandalf der blaue sent out Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Gandalf der blaue: hi
OmegaKraid has entered the room.
Jaxi: hi
Colonial Union has entered the room.
Jaxi switched in Lanturn (lvl 100 Lanturn ?).
Gengar used Hypnosis.
Lanturn fell asleep!

I usually start with Hypnosis in fear of Weavile and Tyranitar, but it seemed like a waste to sleep him in the end on the story.

Jaxi switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Gandalf der blaue switched in Steelix (lvl 100 Steelix ?).

Like i said. Luckily Steelix is sturdy enough to survive 2 Earthquakes from CB-Tar, so i just went for the 2HKO with EQ on my own.

Jaxi switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Steelix used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Gliscor...

Wrong decision :( But i guess i feared the potentially 3HKO while i would be slower too much. Normally everyone stays in, i have even seen a Weavile trying to BB him^^. I expected double SR...

Gliscor used Substitute.
Gliscor lost 25% of its health.
Gliscor made a substitute!
Steelix used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

Another wrong prediction. I still dont know why he did that, Roar always hits and should be standard on Steelix. 1 free turn for me^^

Gliscor used Swords Dance.
Gliscor's attack was sharply raised.
Steelix used Roar.
Jaxi switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.

Great, another free Turn and some SR damage. Lets see if he switches to Gliscor again...

Colonial Union has left the room.
Tyranitar used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Steelix lost 50% of its health.
Steelix used Roar.
Pointed stones dug into Lanturn.
Lanturn lost 12% of its health.

Ok, I underestimated my opponent, Steelix cant simply Roar his Team to death. I guess he will switch out fearing an EQ, so i will just Roar again^^

Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.
Steelix used Roar.
Jaxi switched in Regirock (lvl 100 Regirock).
Pointed stones dug into Regirock.
Regirock lost 12% of its health.

Uber prediction skills :naughty: He wont stay in after he knows how less damage even CB-Tar did with EQ...

Regirock used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Steelix lost 22% of its health.
Steelix used Roar.
Jaxi switched in Cradily (lvl 100 Cradily ?).
Pointed stones dug into Cradily.
Cradily lost 12% of its health.

Either he is an idiot, or he outpredicted me. My favorite is the first version:pimp:. Steelix cant touch Cradily, so i will roar it out.

Cradily used Swords Dance.
Cradily's attack was sharply raised.
Steelix used Roar.
But it failed!

Damn, i forgot about Soundproof. Lets hope he get greedy...

Gandalf der blaue switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Cradily used Swords Dance.
Cradily's attack was sharply raised.

Ok, Metagross is safely in. If he had just earthquaked it would have lost a lot of HP. now run in fear on 608 Atk se Meteor Mash. Unless it misses...

Metagross used Meteor Mash.
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 100% of its health.
Jaxi's Cradily fainted.

Wow, still dont know why he stayed in. I always thought Cradily would be incredible slow.

6-5 for me

Gandalf der blaue switched in Steelix (lvl 100 Steelix ?).
Gliscor used Substitute.

Same procedure as every turn :heart: Does he still not know?

Gliscor used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Steelix lost 59% of its health.
Gandalf der blaue's Steelix fainted.
The sandstorm rages.

Ok, that destroyed my "plan" :cloud:. I don like fighting Pokemon with a sub up. Especially not with Sand Veil in a Sand Stream.

5-5 tie

Gandalf der blaue: lucker
Gandalf der blaue switched in Claydol (lvl 100 Claydol).
Gliscor used Swords Dance.
Gliscor's attack was sharply raised.
Claydol used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Gliscor!
Gliscor's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.

I was very angry that he critted me. But actually you dont need a lot of luck to get one Crit, so I insulted him unfounded. God i feel guilty :nerd:
Anyway, Fear my Ice Beam^^ Claydol just caught a Gliscor offguard in the last battle, too bad the Sub showed my surprise :(
I wont stop beaming him until he dies to Subs side effect.

Gliscor used Substitute.
Claydol used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!

Gliscor used Substitute.
Claydol used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!

see above

Gliscor used Baton Pass.
Jaxi switched in Regirock (lvl 100 Regirock).
Pointed stones dug into Regirock.
Regirock lost 12% of its health.
Claydol used Ice Beam.
Regirock lost 7% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Regirock's leftovers restored its health a little!
Regirock restored 6% of its health.

Damn, i forgot abut BP -.- Cradily wont do a lot of damage thanks to the fucking Sand stream, even though Earth Power would be a effective STAB. Time to get my savior out another time...

Gandalf der blaue switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Regirock used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Metagross lost 74% of its health.

Now i know It was a stupid predictable part on my side. Half his team gets eaten by Meteor Mash, and I just let it lose 3/4 of its health.

Pointed stones dug into Lanturn.
Lanturn lost 12% of its health.
It's not very effective...
Lanturn lost 31% of its health.
Metagross's attack was raised.

Yes, attack boost and his Regirock fleed. Even 200 Base defense wont protect you :happybrain: Simply keep attacking, it will die to the next attack or the switchin will get hurt badly.

Jaxi's Gliscor fainted.
But there was no target!

Physical Metagross beats Gliscor 1 on 1. actually the rocks killed him, but that doesnt sounds as great. Maybe he kept Lanturn because he feared another slept Pokemon?

5-4 me

Jaxi switched in I'm gay (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp
Garchomp lost 6% of its health.
Garchomp used Substitute.
Garchomp lost 25% of its health.
Garchomp made a substitute!
Metagross's attack missed!

Metagross had only a small chance for a comeback, so i deciced to let him die to scout what kind of Garchomp it is... But the Hax Gods said no and the first attacked missed. This Pokemon is really gay

Garchomp used Swords Dance.
Garchomps attack was sharply raised.
The substitute took damage for Garchomp
Garchomp´s substitute faded!

I am really in danger now, my physical Wall is dead and i dont know if Vaporeon can take him with one SD under his Belt.

Gandalf der blaue: really, only noobs use sand veil+substitute

Luckily i hit this time

Jaxi: I have to agree with you
Metagross's attack missed!

Great... Miss number 2. I hope he continues to sub down so Gengar can kill him with Shadow Ball...
But he goes with my opinion, so i am not totally wrong^^

Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
It's not very effective...
Metagross lost 26% of its health.
Gandalf der blaue's Metagross fainted.

That´s really bad. He has +2 Atk and a Sub up. Lets see if Vaporeon can take a hit...

4-4

Gandalf der blaue switched in Vaporeon (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
Garchomp used Earthquake.
Vaporeon lost 87% of its health.
Vaporeon used Ice Beam.
Vaporeon's attack missed!

Yup, he could take a hit. Too bad i got another miss thanks to Sand Veil

Jaxi: yep
Gandalf der blaue: come on, i hate you god^^
Vaporeon lost 13% of its health.
Gandalf der blaue's Vaporeon fainted.

Nothing to say here, but why did Nnitendo give it 20% and not 10%? Really, the Ability is imbalanced if you compare it with some shit like Inner Focus. I already start blaming God....

4-3 in his favour

Gandalf der blaue switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Gandalf der blaue: i have lost
Jaxi: that always happens to me too
Jaxi: I think garchomp should be banned
Jaxi: just because of sand veil
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gengar's attack missed!
Gengar lost 94% of its health.
Gandalf der blaue's Gengar fainted.

I thought the game would be over anyway, so the miss would have no effect. But i was wrong, underestimating Claydols Stayingpower how oyou will see later...
I dont understand why he uses Garchomp if it´s too broken :pirate:

4-2 for him

Gandalf der blaue switched in Charizard (lvl 100 Charizard ?).
I'm gay used Dragon Claw.
Charizard lost 100% of its health.
Gandalf der blaue's Charizard fainted.

Maybe he only gave him less then 299 Speed, so i switched in Chariard first. Never lose the hope^^

4-1 for him

Gandalf der blaue switched in Claydol (lvl 100 Claydol).
Claydol lost 68% of its health.
Claydol used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!

This wont help me anymore unless he goes for another SD.But this would be very stupid on his part...

I'm gay used Dragon Claw.
Claydol lost 38% of its health.
Gandalf der blaue's Claydol fainted.
Jaxi wins!
Jaxi: bad game
Gandalf der blaue: i think i will warstory this only to show how gay sand veil is
Gandalf der blaue: ^^
Jaxi: ;P

He even said it was a bad game, and i think i can live with this. Alltogether i got 5 misses, which would have killed his Pokemon if he had no Substitute up.

Pros:

~My opponent, for understanding how broken Garchomp is
~Metagross, for saving my life twice
~Steelix, for scouting his team and setting up Stealth Rock. Normally he even kills one Pokemon with Explosion^^

Slops:
~Sand Veil
~Me, for forgetting about Sound Proof and letting Metagross take 75% through an easily predictable Switchin
~My opponent, for using broken Pokemon
~Charizard, for doing nothing. He hasnt yet pulled a sweep of, but atleast he killed 1-3 Pokemon every game

I hope this time the comments are better, I always wrote what i predicted and such stuff

That wasn't that unlucky, particularly. Perhaps slightly below average statistically, but you did miss a meteor mash as one of them misses, which is hardly the most reliable move in the first place, and landed plenty of them (with one netting an attack boost to boot)

Was a good match though, but I think sand veil is blamed a little much. I liked the format as it was easy to read without screeds of colour, and the actual commentary was for the most part interesting.

Just wanted to point out, cradily has suction cups, not soudproof.

Also dark types are not immune to hypnosis (at least not in game, I'm not sure if shoddy does this right or not).

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Try getting two pokemon frozen by two consecutive Ice Beams, one of which is also a Critical Hit.

Try freezing,critical 3 times in a row,paralize with Static Raichu 2 times,flinching 2 times,missing 2 moves,and freezing again.All in one match.
Yes,it happened to me,i loled to death

My Sceptile was frozen eighteen turns in a row. Top that, beeshes.

This battle wasn't that great honestly, I loved how sturdy Steelix was, but then it was just a plain Garchomp sweep, and you acted like a total ass in chat.

Damn, i forgot abut BP -.- Cradily wont do a lot of damage thanks to the fucking Sand stream, even though Earth Power would be a effective STAB. Time to get my savior out another time...
Didn't Cradily die already?

Er, you're warstory is confusing

Garchomp isn't broken. He is very powerful and I agree it's lame when teams set up a sandstorm then use him purposely abusing sand veil, especially when they have a sand veil gliscor also. I personally use him on teams that don't have hippowdon or tyranitar so I don't abuse his ability. If my opponent decides he wants to help me with sand stream, then it's his fault if sand veil haxes him. :P

This game is full of luck. I hate it when whiners complain that it should all be banned. You are cool, but luck is a part of everything. Imagine what poker would be like if it was only skill, the same people would always own. Luck can allow shocking upsets. I think that you should accept that luck it part of it. I have abused its ability before... And also, apart from missing Meteor Mash, which already has shaky accuracy, he still would have won.

lol. i had a battle today where my opponent abused snow cloak. imagine if you will, a parafused cress with 6 CM, who hits itself in confusion 4 times in a row, missed a froslass 3 times in a row, and then got take by a crit shadow ball. he was at half health. then a mamoswine, where i missed sleep powder 3 times in a row, 4th hit, and then missed leech seed twice. he was holding a scarf too, so no brightpowder.

he also took out my breloom, with a crit, and confused my driflim so he hit himself 3 times in a row.
actually, just counted. # of turns confused-12. out of those turns, # of attacks that hit-2

EDIT: yeah, thats true. im to scared to use her cuz hes weak compared to gengar, so i give props to my opponent for using her.

The difference there is that everyone and their uncle uses Garchomp whereas only people with enormous testicles/vaginas [delete whichever is inappropriate] use Froslass.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The difference there is that everyone and their uncle uses Garchomp/Hippowdon/Tyranitar whereas only people with enormous testicles/vaginas [delete whichever is inappropriate] use Froslass/Abomasnow.
That's a little better.

When I use Cacturne and I get Sand Veil hax, it's pretty much the coolest thing ever. The opponent and I usually laugh about it and exchange high-fives. Whenever Garchomp gets Sand Veil hax, we both just stare at the ground and shuffle away awkwardly.

Maybe i did overreact, but i dont understand why double team is forbidden, but Sand Veil allowed. Im not a supporter of Double Team, but i would really like it if Shoddy would have Garchomp, Gliscor, Froslass and Mamoswine with an Ability, one with a comparaible Power of course.
And finally, I didnt said the game was the haxiest ever, i know there are Warstorys around with many times more Hax happening.

@Rhikune: Are you sure he would have won without the misses?^^ I do not complain about some unlucky misses/crits, then I would play Chess :naughty:
But he fully abused the "strategy" that Nintento created without thinking.

@MasterSunny Ex: Nope he was running Leftovers^^

@Blu: Tell me whats confusing about the warstory, maybe i forget s.th. in the commentary.

@XxSpartenxX: I agree with you

@Blaziken_57: This hasnt been a Garchomp sweep, he just destroyed half of my team^^ Is it such a bad manner to call someone lucker if he gets lucky? He even agreed with my opinion.

@btway: I forgot about it :pirate:

@the_arctic_one: Oh good to know, does it prevent WW aswell?
But I know that Hypnosis does hit even Dark types

thanks for the Replys so far^^

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
This game is full of luck. I hate it when whiners complain that it should all be banned. You are cool, but luck is a part of everything. Imagine what poker would be like if it was only skill, the same people would always own. Luck can allow shocking upsets. I think that you should accept that luck it part of it. I have abused its ability before... And also, apart from missing Meteor Mash, which already has shaky accuracy, he still would have won.
When you can miss Ice Shard then Ice Beam then Extremespeed with three of your Poké against this "thing", I think there's a problem.

If there were possibility to add a description in Shoddy Battle I'd refuse battle against TSS + Sand Veil teams...

Yeah blabla luck is a part of the game blabla.

But with all of this added effects (mean gyaraflinched) and criticals and missed and paralysis which prevents you to attack and... It's really enough, not need of again more luck with Sand Veil...

So yeah luck is a part of the game but Pokémon =/= lottery...

When you can miss Ice Shard then Ice Beam then Extremespeed with three of your Poké against this "thing", I think there's a problem.

If there were possibility to add a description in Shoddy Battle I'd refuse battle against TSS + Sand Veil teams...

Yeah blabla luck is a part of the game blabla.

But with all of this added effects (mean gyaraflinched) and criticals and missed and paralysis which prevents you to attack and... It's really enough, not need of again more luck with Sand Veil...

So yeah luck is a part of the game but Pokémon =/= lottery...
So basically netbattle all over again with people having "no skarmbliss" in their descriptions?

I agree that it can be devastating when you miss garchomp but seriously sand veil isn't new. It's been around with tyranitar since last gen and no complaints.

You know what I think? I think waterfall should be banned as a move because when it can flinch 3 of my counters in a row, that's messed up and there's a problem. It stops me from countering you.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
I agree that it can be devastating when you miss garchomp but seriously sand veil isn't new. It's been around with tyranitar since last gen and no complaints.
Yeah, Sandslash was really devastating in 386 with Sand Veil... lol

Don't you notice that Sandslash isn't really so powerful as Garchomp... ?

but i dont understand why double team is forbidden, but Sand Veil allowed. Im not a supporter of Double Team, but i would really like it if Shoddy would have Garchomp, Gliscor, Froslass and Mamoswine
IMO, Double Team is worse, as you can't make Sand Veil/Snow Cloak (Whatever the Ice one is) activate twice, Double Team can be a let down at times, but others, just one DT can make you miss 5 times in a row, plus, imagine a Bright-Veil-Sub-Double-Chomp or something, that would just be ridiculous. Sure Sand Veil can make you lose match's some times, but thats the game of Pokémon for you, you might as well put a Critical Hit clause in also, if Sand Veil is banned.

I had a battle once where, Hypnosis missed 8 times....no sand veil hax....
This just reminded me of that

Sure it sucks, but there's no need to want to ban it. It's a situational pokemon power to activate, and at most matches, it may not even hit at all! You just got the short end of the stick this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)