Rejected W/L Ratio In User Ladder Rankings

Shaymin Sky

Pick it up. You're an off-seer. So send her.
is a Community Contributor
Hi, this is my first post here but I just wanted to make a simple suggestion to add the W/L Ratio when going to a users account page. The W/L ratio shows up when you type /rank (user), so why would it be different when going to the accounts page if you want to look someone up? It would also add context to the gxe being displayed, what if someone you look up has 88 gxe and you want to see if that gxe is kept up with consistent amount of games and not just 40 wins in a row. Now you have to go back out go back on p.s and type it out in chat. It would be convenient and save time compared to having to type out the users name doing /rank (user) every time.

For clarity this is the page I'm referring to.
Screenshot (1).png

This is on the Pokemon showdown(I highlighted the W/L ratio to see the difference)
Screenshot (2).png

CLOSING
It is a very small fix and honestly isn't all that important its just a few seconds to type out the name(this is mostly an issue for mobile since typing out long names can be annoying) or you can even tab them on PC. Though if someone would be able to get this done it would be greatly appreciated! ^.^

you can see your own w/l if you are logged in to ps
WL isn't suggested compared to elo/gxe as a ranking so hiding it (even in /rank) is prob better
i'd say the main purpose of w/l is just games played for suspect tests

Shaymin Sky

Pick it up. You're an off-seer. So send her.
is a Community Contributor
you can see your own w/l if you are logged in to ps
WL isn't suggested compared to elo/gxe as a ranking so hiding it (even in /rank) is prob better
i'd say the main purpose of w/l is just games played for suspect tests
I understand it isn't exactly a suggested way of a ranking but having that gives context to all the other ranks, for example you can be at 79 gxe at 1450, and if someone looks you up, they wont know you have only played 19 games and won all of them. This would in fact make the other suggested rankings more understandable in fact.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but obviously this can be messed with when it comes to resetting W/L but I don't think that's much on an issue at all and most of the time you can very easily know if someone has reset their wins and losses, unless they are in the lower parts of the ladder(1000-1400 is the range I'd say that W/L resets are hard to figure out if they happened or not).

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
As far as I'm aware, you can see your own W/L but not other users' W/L, this is true both with `/rank` and on PS's user profiles.

This has been the policy in the past because users often don't understand the idea that the matchmaking system is designed to match users of approximately equal skill, so over time, your W/L ratio should get closer and closer to 50% unless you're near the top or near the bottom. Because of this problem of "W/L doesn't mean what you think it means", it's been made private to prevent misuse.

Because of that, I am marking this suggestion as Rejected. However, if you can manage to convince some other staff members to change this policy, I would be willing to revisit and maybe accept this suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)