ORAS OU Voyage 1970 "Imperishable Nights" - A Mega Gardevoir Team

I cannot get over this violin

Heyo people, it's Futatsuiwa of Sado, but with Mr. Perry this time. Mr. Perry was, I believe, the first person I met on PS back in like November or whenever I joined. Either way, him and I have become really good friends. Now for those of you who don't know us, I'm a driver moderator in the Rate My Team room on PS, but really don't do much on the forums. I'm just here because I'm bored. Perry, is a user who frequents the RMT Room, and has been around much longer than I have. Some of you might know him from PO. This team was something that Perry and I built together. I'm like, really shitty at battling and testing teams. Perry on the other hand, is actually good, so a lot of the team building and testing was done by him.

The nicknames motif of the team is based on the game Touhou 8: Imperishable Night where basically, this chick flees from the moon to earth for essentially doing drugs that made her immortal apparently that's illegal. The person who gave her the drugs was later sent to Earth to go bring her back with a few other people, but she felt bad so she murdered her comrades and basically caused the Apollo 13 fiasco, then stayed on Earth. She becomes this chicks servant and protects her by replacing the moon for a fake one, everyone gets mad, shit happens, people flip out 'cause there's literally like a pebble missing from the moon, something about eternity and a never ending night blah blah blah. Anyways, I tried to keep the introduction short since the team building process is rather long, but it looks like that didn't happen. So anyways, onto the team~.

We started with a core of Jirachi+Gardevoir because I had wanted to build a team around either one of them, and they happened to have some great synergy with each other so I was just like "yeah lets do this". Basically, Jirachi has the ability to bring in tons of Pokemon that Gardevoir is able to nuke such as Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Hippo. It can capitalize on this by using U-Turn to gain momentum. In return, Garde checks stuff like Sableye for Jirachi, and can WoW threatening Pokemon to the core like Scizor and opposing Jirachi.

This core really needed something to help handle the likes of Excadrill and Bisharp. For this role, we chose the quite underrated Chesnaught due to how it just stops Sand Offense and beats Bisharp. The reason why it was chosen over other possible checks like Garchomp or Celebi is because of the wonderful utility it provides in checking certain Water-types like Defensive Starmie while providing Spikes, something Gardevoir loves to have to abuse bulkier teams easier.

Terrakion was suggested by Mr. Perry in order to provide a nice physical wall-breaker that paired really well with Gardevoir, by giving a check to really threatening Fire-types like Heatran and Charizard-Y, as well as Steel-types like Ferrothorn. Furthermore, it helps out Jirachi by weakening certain bulky Fairies like Clefable with a strong CB Stone Edge so I'm not as reliant on Rachi to check Fairies.

At this point, we needed something that could take on the likes of Scizor and Talonflame since they basically 6-0'd the team. Perry chose Defensive Gyarados for this role as it gave us a secondary ground resist/immunity for Terrak and Jirachi, while strengthening our defensive back bone, giving more checks to things like Zard-Y, Keldeo lacking HP Electric, and Garchomp.

Gyarados wasn't enough for a team this weak to Talonflame, and we felt that Ches would get really pressured by certain Water-types, namely Azumarill and Manaphy. We also realized that a lot of common offensive Electric-types like Thundurus and Manectric really annoyed our team, and we also lacked a win condition. To fit this role, Raikou was chosen.

In testing, we really felt like Gyarados wasn't providing too much to the team, and Jirachi was actually doing quite a lot, providing rocks, wish support and a Fairy/Zam check all at the same time. We replaced Gyarados with a Heatran to provide rocks and a secondary Fairy-check, while maintaining most of the roles Gyarados had filled before such as checking Talonflame and Scizor. After this change, we realized we needed something to help with opposing Heatran, so Rotom-W took Raikou's place.

The downside to this was that it made our team EXTREMELY vulnerable to powerful wall-breaking Fighting-types, especially Medicham, with Gardevoir speed-tieing with it being our best way of dealing with it. Perry thought we should change Heatran to a Landorus-T to somewhat help with this, giving a nice bulky pivot that also provided rocks and U-Turn to gain momentum. Raikou was also re-added at this point for Thundurus and to provide a win-con.

Even with Landorus-T added to the team, as most people know, a lot of common Fighting-types like to run Ice coverage. Medicham is the most notable example that this team hates. We also lacked a way to kill/pressure Scizor. Honestly, with the Landorus-T build of the team, we felt that Terrakion was often not needed in a lot of match-ups, despite it doing so much work before. I suggested we add Keldeo to pressure the threats mentioned above.

"Also, it was you who was stopping the night, yes? You may very well incur the princess's wrath for doing that..."

Forbidden Arcanum "Hourai Elixir"
禁薬「蓬莱の薬」 (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

- Heart Stamp
People hate this thing and I just laugh evilly as Jirachi flinch haxes its way to victory. Scarfed Jirachi is such a useful Pokemon providing a nice set of traits that range from acting as a reliable revenge killer, a switch-in to threatening Pokemon like the Lati-twins and Gardevoir, to providing useful team support via Healing Wish and U-Turn. I mentioned Jirachi's synergy with Gardevoir earlier, with it luring in a ton of walls that Gardevoir loves to nuke like Slowbro, Lando and other fat Ground-types. It also is capable of either cleaning up late game with fast Iron Heads coupled with good uninvested bulk and Serene Grace, or reviving a Pokemon that the opponent's team has worn down and when Jirachi isn't needed,(this mon is almost always either Gardevoir or Raikou, but Keldeo is still pretty good as well). Furthermore, Jirachi forms a solid Volt-Turn core with Landorus-T and Raikou since its able to take on some of the things they don't like, like Gardevoir and Weavile. In return, Lando and Raikou can take on stuff Jirachi hates like Excadrill and fat Waters.

This team is using the standard ScarfRachi set with Heart Stamp instead of Fire Punch as the slashed-out move. Originally, it actually was Fire Punch because Keldeo wasn't on the team and we needed a way to take on Steels, but Heart Stamp replaced it when we realized Keldeo and Gengar were both rather annoying. The EVs are there to maximize attack and speed, so Jirachi can revenge kill much more effectively, because its attack isn't the most impressive thing in the world. Jolly is important because it lets you outpace some slower potential Scarfers like Lando-T and Cube, which Jirachi wouldn't be able to do if it were say, Adamant.

"What the!? I see. The ones who are stopping the night... It's you two, isn't it..."

"End of Imperishable Night -Matsuyoi-"
「永夜返し -待宵-」 (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
It's no secret that this thing is good, its the most used Pokemon in OU. It's absurdly splashable, being able to provide numerous roles such as wall-breaking, revenge killing, pivoting, sweeping etc. With a great typing and ability, coupled with support moves like U-Turn and Stealth Rocks, it makes him one of the best pivots OU has to offer. Despite the fact that Pokemon that Landorus hates are rising in usage -most notably, fat waters like Rotom-W- it's still able to remain a strong contender due to the sheer amount of stuff it can check. Lando's role on this particular team is providing Stealth Rocks, which Gardevoir, Raikou and Keldeo all love to let them wear down shit easier, and check threatening physical attackers, especially Talonflame, Zard-X, and occasionally, Fighting-types like Heracross and Gallade. Furthermore, like Jirachi, he can pivot in and out with U-Turn to generate momentum for the team, due to the large amount of switches it forces, while simultaneously wearing down the opponent's team with rocks, and U-Turn.

Leftovers was chosen instead of Rocky Helmet to increase his longevity, since Rocky Helmet, at least in my opinion, didn't seem as needed on this team as there was enough damage coming from hazards, chip damage and straight up nuking the opponent's team with strong STABs like Hydro Pump and Hyper Voice. It just lets him survive longer, especially against the likes of Talonflame, who gives this team a fair bit of issues. EVs are standard, maximizing HP for longevity and Def for physical bulkiness, with EVs to outspeed Magnezone and survive an HP Ice from Mega Man at full health. We were considering running a faster Landorus variant with enough speed to outspeed Volcanion, but we decided against this since it would greatly diminish Landorus' ability to check the threatening Talonflame. Also, Volcanion tended to be taken care of through a mix of Keldeo, Stealth Rocks/Spikes, and Raikou. Stone Edge for Talonflame and other birds like Pinsir.

"...This half-finished eternal night that you have made..."

"End of Imperishable Night -Half Past Midnight-"
「永夜返し -子の四つ-」 (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo is easily one of the scariest threats in OU with its fantastic high powered STAB moves, high special attack, high speed, and access to Scald, punishing switch-ins like Gyarados, Azumarill and Latios by crippling/wearing them down. It also has the ability to switch into a lot of threatening Dark-types due to its great typing. Teams are basically required to add something to help with this pony since its so threatening. It's given light to some previously rarely seen mons in OU that are suddenly common like Amoonguss and Tangrowth. It is extremely useful on this team, providing a way to pressure a lot of wall-breakers, especially frailer ones, that are able to get past Landorus and Chesnaught like Medicham and occasionally Scizor. Not only that, but it gives this team a secondary Dark-type check, like Bisharp and Weavile, while also pressuring Steel-types that get past Chesnaught like Heatran. It's also pretty well supported on this team, with a large majority of its checks being taken care of by the rest of the team. This is especially noticeable in its most common check, the Lati-twins, being threatened by Jirachi and Gardevoir.

Again, we're using standard Specs Keldeo, because of its amazing firepower. Scald is easily Keldeo's mest STAB move, boasting perfect accuracy compared to the unreliable Hydro Pump, that is able to wear down switch ins via Scald burns. Secret Sword enables Keldeo to be even harder to switch into by letting it hit not only specially, but physically as well, targetting stuff like Raikou and Rotom-W harder than its other STABs. We chose HP Electric as the coverage move instead of the usual Icy Wind because we really didn't need to cover Dragons like the Latis and Dragonite due to our team easily walling/killing them. HP Electric lets us hit certain threatening waters like Azumarill and Gyarados really hard. It's just good coverage against fat waters, despite our team having a Raikou and Chesnaught already.

"...With my spell to manipulate eternity, I'll tear it all away..."

"End of Imperishable Night -Half Past 2-"
「永夜返し -丑の四つ-」 (Chesnaught) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

Chesnaught is a rare and honestly, rather niche mon in OU, facing massive competition from the likes of Ferrothorn and Skarmory as a defensive Spiker, and again, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Celebi etc. as a bulky Grass-type. However, on this team, Chesnaught has the right set of traits that warrants its use and both me and Perry love it for what it does. For one thing, it gives me a secondary switch in to Sand Offense, as well as really threatening mons to my team in the form of Bisharp, Azumarill and Lopunny. Furthermore, unlike fellow defensive Spikers Skarm and Ferro, Chesnaught is able to beat a large amount of Rapid Spinners in OU, such as Excadrill, Bulky Starmie, Tentacruel etc. and even some Defoggers like Empoleon. He also hits surprisingly hard with 120 BP STAB Wood Hammer behind a 107 base attack which can dent some bulky Waters like Gastrodon, Quagsire and Azumarill. He's also surprising to the opponent when he lives Weavile's Icicle Crash with tons to spare, and just Drain Punches back up to near full.

We use the usual Chesnaught moveset, with the EVs tailored to outpace STANDARD Belly Drum Azumarill so we can Wood Hammer it before it Play Roughs us. Note that max speed Jolly Azu still outspeeds, so be cautious around that. Running more speed would take away from it's overall physical bulk. Besides, Jolly Azu is frailer, so it can get weakened easier and gets revenged by Keldeo's HP Electric. Leech Seed is a great move for Chesnaught that lets it recover its health slowly, and is great at chipping away at Pokemon that try to switch into Chesnaught. Drain Punch is Ches' other form of recovery, leeching health while still dealing damage which when coupled alongside Leech Seed and Leftovers, is actually quite good. Drain Punching a Bisharp at full health is delicious. Spikes is really appreciated on this team, and Chesnaught is great at setting them up due to its tankiness, and as previously mentioned, ability to beat Rapid Spinners. Jirachi, Raikou, Keldeo, and Gardevoir all enjoy Spikes as it allows them to wear down the opponent's team better, especially considering the switches they are able to force, which in turn lets Rachi clean-up easier. Wood Hammer for fat annoying Waters.

"...The dawn shall be upon us soon..."

"End of Imperishable Night -Half Past 4-"
「永夜返し -寅の四つ-」 (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Raikou is less seen now-a-days than it used to be due to it facing large competition from other Electric-types, who boast utility and more damage and its mediocre physical bulk. However, OU is a tier filled to the brim with strong Flying-types like Talonflame, Tornadus and Pinsir that Raikou can take advantage of. While it is harder to justify using him over fellow Electric-types Thundurus and Manectric, who tend to fit better on teams and provide more useful roles, we chose Raikou instead of his brethren for numerous reasons. This team really needed a win-con, as well as a check to Thundurus, particularly Nasty Plot variants who would break past the team. CM Raikou sets up on non Nasty Plot variants, and can beat Nasty Plot Variants with hits ability to tank hits from it and STAB Thunderbolts. Raikou also checks Tornadus-T better than Thundy and M-Man due to its superior bulk. Also, it gives the team some much needed speed and even provides utility in the form of Volt Switch, to generate more momentum when combined with U-Turns from Rachi and Lando. It really appreciates the Healing Wish support from Jirachi, which allows us to play it more recklessly early game, Healing Wish and sweep with Calm Mind late game when its weakened some of its own checks.

This is just standard Calm Mind Raikou, a great win-con especially against bulkier teams. Leftovers allows Raikou to recover health overtime, increasing its longevity and healing off damage taken while setting up/pivoting in. We have considered Zap Plate because of its ability to 2HKO standard CM Clef after just one CM and better ability to bluff AV, but we decided against it. Volt Switch was chosen over Substitute because Jirachi was able to handle status via Healing Wish. Also, Volt Switch works great on this team's mini VoltTurn core.

"...How's that? With this, your spell of eternal night shall be broken, and the dawn shall come!"

"End of Imperishable Night -Rising World-"
「永夜返し -世明け-」 (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
I feel like Gardevoir is really really strong right now, with metagame trends bringing more bulky teams that Gardevoir can feast on into the spotlight. Stuff like Rotom-W, Lando-T, Lati@s and Amoonguss just get obliterated by Garde's spectacular wallbreaking capabilities. It's a very under prepared for Pokemon for these bulky teams with a lot of their checks being something like Heatran or Ferrothorn, both of which can get lured and killed with Focus Blast. Couple this with it's ability to nuke shit, it's very terrifying to these common fat teams, with enough speed to outpace some common offensive Pokemon/wall breakers like Nidoking and Breloom. Gardevoir is this teams primary wall breaker that simply loves the support that the other members provide. I mentioned most of them above, such as Spikes, VoltTurn, and numerous checks to threatening mons to Garde, like physical stuff in general. It ends up being the main way this team kills Fighting-types, despite what I said about Keldeo and Landorus earlier. Furthermore, this and Jirachi are great at pressuring a large variety of Pokemon from offense to fat teams. This includes, Dragon-types, Fighting-types etc.

Again, just a really standard set here ripped right from the analysis. Trace is Gardevoir's preferred ability prior Mega Evolution because it can make some shenanigans happen and turn the opponents ability against them. Some of the more notable examples are Magic Bounce, Flash Fire, Regenerator, Intimidate, weather-sweeper abilities and Lightning Rod (getting a boost from Manectric is really fun). EVs, in case you dont know what they're for, is meant to allow Gardevoir to avoid the 2HKO from LO Latios Psyshock, so it can always switch in and threaten it out and/or kill it. We chose WoW on this particular set instead of one of Gardevoir's many other options like Taunt, Calm Mind, Sub, Shadow Ball, Memento etc. because it works really well with Steels that can take a Focus Blast, but hate being burned. Such examples include Skarmory, and Scizor. It just makes Gardevoir harder to switch into overall.

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Heart Stamp

「永夜返し -待宵-」 (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

「永夜返し -丑の四つ-」 (Chesnaught) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Can be played around via Lando-T and Keldeo. Garde takes a hit and OHKOs in return if it fails the speed tie but it has to watch for BP. Lando needs to watch for Ice Punch as well. Hits everything else really hard.

This thing, well fat Grasses in general, are a bit of a nuisance, but particularly Tangrowth. They can't do much to the team, but AV Tangrowth takes hits from this team really well. The best option is wearing it down with Spikes, Gardevoir, and Jirachi/Landorus.

Nothing really wants to switch into Zard-Y. However, Raikou can deal with it, and it gets worn down pretty badly from SR.

Gengar's not really that big of an issue, since it can be played around pretty easily between having to predict from Rachi and Garde, since Rachi runs Heart Stamp and can revenge it. Raikou also avoids the 2HKO, but it really doesn't wanna be worn down. If they're being a rebel and running Sludge Bomb instead of Wave, for like IDK, poison chance? Chesnaught walls it.

Keldeo is the best thing we have for this. That, or offensive pressure from the likes of Garde, and Rachi before its able to set up. The issue with this is that it almost always carries Giga Drain and/or Passho Berry (+1 Giga doesn't kill Keldeo).

Again, really difficult to switch into (I like how both Volcs threaten the team), and probably the biggest threat to the team. But once again, predicting attacks can be done to play around it. However, it still wears stuff down before it dies. We've literally once gone into Keldeo, Landorus-T, Jirachi, Raikou AND Chesnaught just to wear this thing down to wear it can get killed.

Rain in general is really annoying. Kingdra hits absurdly strong, luckily its forced out after it Draco Meteors. Play cautiously around this and preserve Raikou and Ches.

Well we don't really have anything for this guy. He really hurts a large portion of the team if he has Ice Punch. If it doesn't have Ice Punch, Lando can deal with it, but otherwise you needs to worn down via Raikou, Jirachi and Hazards.

/
/

If you can't tell, this is basically Hazard stacking that isn't Stealth Rocks (this team don't care bout no rocks). This team doesn't have hazard removal so theirs no way to get rid of it. Sticky Web hurts the teams already meh-ish speed, Spikes hurt the grounded mons and longevity of this team, and T-Spikes does that but worse.

Thanks for taking a look at this team guys~ Shoutout to the RMT Room as a whole for being a nice chill place to hang out :]. Also, some individual shoutouts to some people who helped out with the team. Thanks to Team Pokepals for giving us some ideas of what to do with the team in the early stages, and Panther5001 for suggesting some changes like CM Raik. If you want an individual shoutout, just ask, I'm sure I can come up with something on the spot, even if I have no idea who tf you are. We feel like it's a really fun team that utilizes some underrated and rarely seen threats/mons. Well, thanks for reading this, have a nice day <3.

-P.S. Perry obliged me to tell he's the cutest user in RMT and I felt threatened enough to do it.

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This thread looks so cute you should have named it "Mr. Perry" and it would be more than ok to do so.

The team is good to play around and even though I miss our Wish Jirachi I feel this is the more functional version we achieved with this core. I'd say that our worst matchup is Volcanion, Mega Charizard Y (I guess victini too??) because we just cannot eat hits from those (and if they are running, say, a scarf Exca as their spinner it will get rocks off the field most of the time) but sometimes we manage to get through it. I have played around 30 matches with this team and I guess we won more (I do not keep records though) but I do have some replays saved and I will link here when I get on my PC. I'd like to thank Sado for the opportunity and I hope you guys like the team :)

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.
Hey Futatsuiwa of Sado,

I think chesnaught isn't really needed on this build as this looks more of an offensive build, to alleviate some of the aforementioned problems like mega charizard y, volcanion, bulky grasses (namely tangrowth) and being less vulnerable to hazards in general would be latios. Though it doesn't have the bulk of latias it can at least pressure the opposing team due to how hard it hits. Can quite easily roost up on mega charizard y, and tangrowth. Volcanion may annoy it with steam eruption burns but oh well that thing is just a monster. Latios is a good offensive electric check as it can roost throughout the match to check mega manectric, and thundurus. Your team could use a potential stallbreaker (which mega gardevoir nicely suits that role!) Simply by replacing Will-O-Wisp to Taunt. I guess substitute can potentially work out here as it can make mega gardevoir less vulnerable to revenge killing. Meaning it could get a couple of kills depending on the scenario. Another change to consider is Fire Punch on jirachi instead of Heart Stamp. I am aware that you have mentioned this team is quite annoyed by keldeo but fortunately with the latios suggestion this can better your matchup and gengar isn't too common right now in the metagame due to all the pursuit trappers running around. But this is mainly for some steels like ferrothorn as I've been seeing an increase of usage in chople ferrothorn. Who can eat up a hit from mega gardevoir and threaten to KO with Gyro Ball or Keldeo with Power Whip. Although it is understandable that you prefer leftovers landorus therian, I prefer Rocky Helmet honestly as a bit of chip damage on physical attackers like Mega Medicham, Mega metagross, Mega Lopunny, is nice! I've included an importable of the team with some of my suggestions. Good luck :D

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

「永夜返し -待宵-」 (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Substitute

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Camilas, Chesnaught isn't really needed since its checks are handled by the team pretty well, Lando comes in on Exca and other physical attackers, Keldeo beats Bisharp and other dark types. Having Spikes works well with CM Raikou and Scarf Rachi though, so I'd keep hazards on the team.

Lati works here because an answer to water types like Keldeo and Volcanion is needed, Chesnaught can't take hits from them at all due to low SpD and burn really cuts its effectiveness, but to keep the theme of the team a bit more I suggest Dragalge > Chesnaught. The main reason is Toxic Spikes, if you set them up and status the opponent's team, flinching them late game with Rachi is a lot more fun, also stalling with CM Raikou with Subs will annoy the opponent a lot, so I'd definitely try out Substitute > Volt Switch.
If you look at your threatlist, Dragalge handles most of them really well, like Grass and Water types you mentioned, except for Medicham and Metagross.

A set with Draco/Sludge Wave/Scald/Toxic Spikes punishes switches a lot. The SpD set in the smogon dex works here. You can play around with the moveset and EVs a bit, you could play it more offensively with max SpA, or put more EVs into defense to switch into Keldeo's Secret Sword better or choose lure moves for problematic mons, Dragalge is variable in that regard.

Lastly Taunt > Will-O prevents walls from recovering, keeps them low and also opens setup opportunities for Raikou as they like to status it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)