Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sandstorm

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Hail

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey everyone!
I'd like to share with you my first solid UU team that got me into 1400s. For me, it's pretty challenging get there, because I'm new in Pokémon, so don't judge me xd.
Yesterday, I built the team around VoltTurn in OU and I wanted to try out the same strategy, but in different tier. So here we are. Also I'd be verry happy if you'd help me fix a lot of mistakes in this team. Thank yew!
TEAM PREVIEW

Mienshao
Mienshao (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn
I was looking at the UU tier and I accidentally scroll down into RUBL and I saw Mienshao. I was like what the hell? What is Mienshao doing in RUBL? Reckless, HJK! What do you want more? HJK with Reckless hits pretty hard, but HJK with Reckless and ChoiceBand? Oh boy, you aren't prepared. It can 2HKO Latias, 2HKO Amoonguss (depending on EVs spread), 2HKO Alomomola etc. But when I get the 10% of missing, I can throw my notebook out of window and ever play this game again. PoisonJab is for Fairy types and Grass types. KnockOff is for knocking off the items like scarf, scarf etc. on switch. U-Turn for momentum.

Scizor
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
I wanted another U-Turner, but it has to be STAB. Nothing in tier is better than Scizor. I know it could be pretty difficult to play with two users of ChoiceBand, but so far, it was good. BulletPunch is Scizor's main STAB and is priority move as well. It hits very hard, if the opponent's pokémon doesn't resist it. U-Turn is also pretty hard hitting move, plus I can gain momentum from it. Pursuit is there for Gengars, Latiases and other Psychic and Ghost types pokémon. It also punishes opponent's pokémon switchings. QuickAttack is there for pokémons that resist BulletPunch.

Mega Manectric
Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice/Grass
- Volt Switch
I wanted to use Mega Beedrill first, but then I realised that it would be my third U-Turner and another Psychic and Fire weakness. So I was looking after pokémon that has VoltSwitch, pretty good Sp. Atk and Speed. Mega Manectric fits that really nicely. Lightining Rod is for Electric type weakness before mega evolution. Intimidate is also usefull. Standard moveset. Just please, help me. HP Ice or Grass? I really don't know.

Togekiss
Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog
I was looking after Defoger with great bulk. Togekiss is good for that. This set is for supporting. AirSlash for brainless flinching, ThunderWave for slowing down opposing pokémons for Scizor and Mienshao. Roost for recovery, Defog for hazards.

Mantine
Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD/ 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
This is exact same moveset as Togekiss'. Nothing to say here lol.

Reuniclus
Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover
Oh yeah, good old friend Reuniclus. Reuniclus' role in this team is set up CalmMinds in late-game and then kill the rest of opponent's team. When I play the other members, I always try to kill all Dark types and pokémons that could give me trouble because of their high special attack, because before CalmMinds, Reuniclus can be 2HKOd. Psychic is main STAB, hits everything hard. FocusMiss for Dark types and Steel types. Calm Mind for boosting special and attack and defense. Recover for recovery.

So that's it.
Please, help me fix holes in this team. I would be very, very, very, happy.
Also sorry for my English, if you find any mistake, please, tell me and I will correct it.

THANKS!
HAVE A NICE DAY!

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hola, cool team you have here. Mienshao got a lot better with Gliscor rising to OU, but at the end of the day it's still a little iffy and is pretty difficult to build around a lot of the time. To note a couple of stand out issues, you have two passive and bulky defoggers on a team that's relying on keeping momentum through pivoting as it's main strategy. These two things don't mix. On top of this, you have no rocks (rocks are essential to pretty much every competitive team), and you have no elec immunity, giving opposing mmanes pretty much free reign. Anyways, let's see what can be done about this :o.

- Krook > Reuniclus here because Reuniclus seems like it was kinda splashed onto the last slot for no real reason, like "I need a wincon..." then you randomly chose Reuniclus. Reuniclus is cool but you don't have rocks, and Krook I think would be the perfect rocker on this team because it can rock on ghosts after they come in on a U-Turn from Mienshao. I went with Groundium Z set because of the lack of other z move users and to be able to chip shit like Maggron more for Mienshao HJKs.
Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

- Tentacruel > Mantine is pretty simple really. Mantine is just too passive, not saying Tentacruel is too much better but it works here to improve stall matchup w/ T-Spikes and as a Scizor check w/ hazard removal.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

This is it for the most part other than a few set changes going scarf > band on Mienshao because it literally just makes everything easier, gives speed control, etc. There is no need for 2 band U-Turns here. On Togekiss I'm going with standard NP stallbreaker > Defog because there's no need for double hazard removal and this just improves your stall matchup so so much. Lastly I just went with a bulkier Scizor spread because it's really your only thing for Lati. All of this can be seen above in this Importable, lmk how it all goes and gl friend :).

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The idea of the team is pretty cool, however, there are a few things I would like to point out regarding the viability of teams:
  • Stealth Rock is a necessity on every viable team.
  • Generally, do not have more than one type of choice-locked Pokemon (e.g. do not have two Choice Scarf users, two Choice Band users, and et cetera).
  • Usually, elements from different playstyles do not go well together, especially if they're one dimensional. Mega Manectric is pretty dimensional in a sense that it could only be a pivot for offensive teams, and Mantine is one dimensional in a sense that it could only be a hazard remover for defensive teams. Those two, usually, do not go well together. Scizor, however, can go well in both defensive teams and offensive teams, because it can fulfill multiple roles (set up sweeper, wallbreaker, pivot, tank, and et cetera).
  • Most of the sets you're using are not viable, at all. For reference, use the Smogon dex to see what sets are viable for each Pokemon (if the Pokemon is viable in UU, of course). If you're having trouble with it, feel free to contact me.
In any case, let's get to the actual rate!
  • The team does not have a Stealth Rock setter, so I changed Swampert > Mantine. Swampert also provides the team with an Electric-type immunity, which can come in handy against opposing VoltTurn teams.
  • Ghost-types such as Chandelure became problematic with Mantine's removal. I changed Hydreigon > Reuniclus, because Hydreigon provides you with a Ghost-resist, and allows you to have a nuke that compliments the rest of the team.
  • The team does not have a win condition now, so I changed Scizor's set to Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Roost, Swords Dance with Life Orb. It serves as a more reliable Fairy-type check with Roost and helps the matchup of the team against more Defensive builds.
  • I changed Togekiss's EV spread to a more offensive one, the item to Babiri Berry, and added Flamethrower over Thunder Wave. As nice as Thunder Wave is, I feel like your team could use this set to lure in Steel-types such as Mega Aggron and Scizor to have your own Scizor a better shot at winning.
  • Lastly, a few nitpicks; Mienshao would much rather have Stone Edge as its coverage because not only does it hit Togekiss for super effective damage, but it also hits Crobat for super effective damage. Other Fairy-types such as Sylveon are handled by Scizor. Lastly, Mega Manectric would much rather have Hidden Power Ice on that build because the matchup against Dragon-types isn't that good, while the matchup against Swampert is good thanks to Hydreigon and Togekiss.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Roost

I hope that the rate helped. Again, feel free to ask me any question!

The idea of the team is pretty cool, however, there are a few things I would like to point out regarding the viability of teams:
  • Stealth Rock is a necessity on every viable team.
  • Generally, do not have more than one type of choice-locked Pokemon (e.g. do not have two Choice Scarf users, two Choice Band users, and et cetera).
  • Usually, elements from different playstyles do not go well together, especially if they're one dimensional. Mega Manectric is pretty dimensional in a sense that it could only be a pivot for offensive teams, and Mantine is one dimensional in a sense that it could only be a hazard remover for defensive teams. Those two, usually, do not go well together. Scizor, however, can go well in both defensive teams and offensive teams, because it can fulfill multiple roles (set up sweeper, wallbreaker, pivot, tank, and et cetera).
  • Most of the sets you're using are not viable, at all. For reference, use the Smogon dex to see what sets are viable for each Pokemon (if the Pokemon is viable in UU, of course). If you're having trouble with it, feel free to contact me.
In any case, let's get to the actual rate!
  • The team does not have a Stealth Rock setter, so I changed Swampert > Mantine. Swampert also provides the team with an Electric-type immunity, which can come in handy against opposing VoltTurn teams.
  • Ghost-types such as Chandelure became problematic with Mantine's removal. I changed Hydreigon > Reuniclus, because Hydreigon provides you with a Ghost-resist, and allows you to have a nuke that compliments the rest of the team.
  • The team does not have a win condition now, so I changed Scizor's set to Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Roost, Swords Dance with Life Orb. It serves as a more reliable Fairy-type check with Roost and helps the matchup of the team against more Defensive builds.
  • I changed Togekiss's EV spread to a more offensive one, the item to Babiri Berry, and added Flamethrower over Thunder Wave. As nice as Thunder Wave is, I feel like your team could use this set to lure in Steel-types such as Mega Aggron and Scizor to have your own Scizor a better shot at winning.
  • Lastly, a few nitpicks; Mienshao would much rather have Stone Edge as its coverage because not only does it hit Togekiss for super effective damage, but it also hits Crobat for super effective damage. Other Fairy-types such as Sylveon are handled by Scizor. Lastly, Mega Manectric would much rather have Hidden Power Ice on that build because the matchup against Dragon-types isn't that good, while the matchup against Swampert is good thanks to Hydreigon and Togekiss.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Roost

I hope that the rate helped. Again, feel free to ask me any question!
Hi! Thanks for helping me!
Swampert's set works out very well! I don't know about Togekiss. Having only one Defoger in team, well... it doesn't always go well.
Hydreigon is good in this team most of the time. I used that Scizor's set and it's so good! Thank you again!

Hola, cool team you have here. Mienshao got a lot better with Gliscor rising to OU, but at the end of the day it's still a little iffy and is pretty difficult to build around a lot of the time. To note a couple of stand out issues, you have two passive and bulky defoggers on a team that's relying on keeping momentum through pivoting as it's main strategy. These two things don't mix. On top of this, you have no rocks (rocks are essential to pretty much every competitive team), and you have no elec immunity, giving opposing mmanes pretty much free reign. Anyways, let's see what can be done about this :o.

- Krook > Reuniclus here because Reuniclus seems like it was kinda splashed onto the last slot for no real reason, like "I need a wincon..." then you randomly chose Reuniclus. Reuniclus is cool but you don't have rocks, and Krook I think would be the perfect rocker on this team because it can rock on ghosts after they come in on a U-Turn from Mienshao. I went with Groundium Z set because of the lack of other z move users and to be able to chip shit like Maggron more for Mienshao HJKs.
Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

- Tentacruel > Mantine is pretty simple really. Mantine is just too passive, not saying Tentacruel is too much better but it works here to improve stall matchup w/ T-Spikes and as a Scizor check w/ hazard removal.
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

This is it for the most part other than a few set changes going scarf > band on Mienshao because it literally just makes everything easier, gives speed control, etc. There is no need for 2 band U-Turns here. On Togekiss I'm going with standard NP stallbreaker > Defog because there's no need for double hazard removal and this just improves your stall matchup so so much. Lastly I just went with a bulkier Scizor spread because it's really your only thing for Lati. All of this can be seen above in this Importable, lmk how it all goes and gl friend :).
Thank you so much! I really like Tentacruel in team. It fits very well! Scarf is better, thanks!

Not exactly a team rate, but I question the validity of 'do not have two Choice Band / Choice Specs user'. I agree with the idea that two Choice Scarf user are overlaping their utility to revenge kill and are rarely, if ever, viable but multiples of the other two afformentioned items strikes me as a non-factor, in fact oftentimes they open up doors for eachother pressuring and breaking their partially common counters.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not exactly a team rate, but I question the validity of 'do not have two Choice Band / Choice Specs user'. I agree with the idea that two Choice Scarf user are overlaping their utility to revenge kill and are rarely, if ever, viable but multiples of the other two afformentioned items strikes me as a non-factor, in fact oftentimes they open up doors for eachother pressuring and breaking their partially common counters.
You are not wrong, that's why I used the word generally, I wasn't implying that they never work well together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)