Viva el Postgame

Can't be bothered to write an introductory paragraph. Finally wanted to get this done.

Reviews in order of Death:

19. Holy Fuck - Usain Bolt - Amelia - Freelancer - Lynched Day One

Role PM said:
Dear Holy Fuck,
You are Usain Bolt, the Fastest Man Alive.

Usain 'Lighting' Bolt. This nickname truly fits you. You surprised everyone during the last Summer Olympics, setting both Olympic and world records for 100 metres, 200 metres and 4x100 metres relay. You are the first man in history to set all of these records at a single Olympics. Hopefully, your incredible speed will be of use in this war. It is up to you to decide which faction you support.

If given the adequate authority, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Racing against USER" You will race against your target causing them to die of exhaustion, killing them. As a professional sportsman, you have to be tested for steroids on a regular basis. Because of this, you are unable to race against a user twice in a row.

You are currently a Freelancer. A Freelancer does not possess special powers, but this may change upon joining a faction.

You are allied with nobody. You win if you are the last user alive.

'People try to compare Michael Phelps and I, but he is a swimmer, I am a athlete.'
Player:
Got the unfortunate fate of being randpicked by Brain for his book-scheme, causing people to lynch him. Victim of not reading the rules and thus not having his vote count. Was stealth lynched by Earthworm for no apparent reason. Mekkah was gonna recruit him soon, as well.

Role:
This role was borderline broken, but nobody realized it and thought it was useless. It had the third highest priority in the game, only slower than the recruitments and Shade's Die Another Day, which basically made his kills unable to be hooked and/or protected. I guess the hint in the Role PM was too subtle.

15. Emergency & I - Tom Hagen - Kannon - Corleone Family - Lynched Day Two

Role PM said:
Dear Emergency & I,
You are Tom Hagen, the Family Lawyer.

As a young orphan, you were taken in by Vito Corleone who became your surrogate father. You are now the Consigliere in the most powerful Mafia Family of the nation. You act as the family lawyer to the outside, and can perfectly blend into the outside world without anyone paying attention to you. Vito temporarily took over as the family's Consigliere when Michael became the don, but after he deceased, you became the Consigliere once more. Your family is currently considering expansion to Cuba, but got stuck in the middle of a revolution. You were asked to help by the Batista Regime, but you remain suspicious of your contact Hyman Roth.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Observing USER from parked Cadillac" You will park your Cadillac in front of your target's residence and observe him. By the end of the Night, you will gave gathered enough information to know his identity and abilities.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Leaving a Sicilian message for USER" You will send your target's faction two fishes, wrapped into the target's clothes, after having them killed.

You are the current Consigliere of the Corleone Family. Whilst in this position, you will take over your faction in the event of your Don's death.

Your allies in this war are:
Strawberry Jam – Michael Corleone – Don
Freak Out! – Al Neri – Enforcer
With them your shall family shall blossom.

You are allied with the Corleone Family. You win if the Corleone Family wins.

'I'm an attorney for the Corleone family. These men are private detectives hired to protect Vito Corleone. They are licensed to carry firearms. If you interfere you'll have to appear before a judge in the morning and show cause. '
Player:
Made a buffoon out of himself for being unable to spell, otherwise nothing of note. Victim of the Hobo Joe Incident.

Role:
Your standard inspector, nothing much to talk about here. Never got a single inspection result, Night Zero he hit Outlaw who was immune at the point, then he got handcuffed to Lesm and had to idle, then he was lynched: When he came back, he was killed the first night be could have inspected it. Major bad luck.

12. Disraeli Gears - Marty McFly - GTS - Freelancer - Killed Night Two

Role PM said:
Dear Disraeli Gears,
You are Marty McFly, the Time Traveller.

Your life was perfectly normal, until you Doc wanted to show you his latest invention, a car with integrated time machine, the DeLorean. Just when you were testing it, Doc was killed by Lybian terrorists who gave him plutonim needed for this device. You then travelled back in time with the DeLorean to save Doc. You are now living in Cuba, and war broke out. Choose wisely which side to support.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Travelling back in time to check USER's mailbox" You will use the DeLorean time machine to intercept your target's mail. You will receive a copy of any official message sent to them that very night. You may not intercept the same user's mail more than once in the whole game.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Preventing USER's birth" You will travel back in time and kick your target's mother in the womb during her pregnancy, destroying all traces of your targets existence and effectively killing them. This will not have any effect on the past actions of your target in this game.

You are currently a Freelancer. A Freelancer does not possess special powers, but this may change upon joining a faction.

'Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?'
Player:
Claimed to Mekkah but Mekkah forgot about him, causing him to go to Gmax. Italians killed him because of voting behaviour pointing towards Batista.

Role:
Rip-off of evan's role from Super. Would have gotten a copy of all messages a player would have received that Night, i.e. inspection results, hooker/theft messages and the like. Probably had the coolest killing method, though!

44. Thriller - Lee Harvey Oswald - Thorns - Freelancer - Killed Night Two

Role PM said:
Dear Thriller,
You are Lee Harvey Oswald, the Assassin.

You are an ex-marine turned assassin that is responsible for the death of United States President John F. Kennedy. You were a disturbed man, whose radical political views and depression have led you to commit this murder. You are hated by the majority of the USA and plan to make use of this fact during this war. It is up to you to decide who you will grant your support, though.

During the day, you may send a PM entitled "DAY x – Revolution requires a certain amount of sacrifice" You will remove your trench coat, causing all bystanders to recognize you as Lee Harvey Oswald, the presidential assassin. They will forget whoever they were about to lynch and concentrate on murdering you instead. You will sacrifice yourself for the current lynch target, and they will quietly pick up your trench coat and assume your control of your alias as if nothing ever happened.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Assassinating USER" You will use a bolt-action rifle to assassinate a user, killing them.

'Revolutions require work, revolutions require sacrifice, revolutions, and our own included, require a certain amount of rationing, a certain amount of calluses, a certain amount of sacrifice.'
Player:
Probably Thorns' best game so far, no real mistake as war as I know. Got randkilled by Outlaw because of Michael Jackson's rivalry with Prince.

Role:
Stole this from Apocaylpse, where it was greenpikachu's role. Gave this too Thorns because I figured he shouldn't be around too long to annoy and brag around in the end.

36. Rocket To Russia - Rocky Balboa - Bass - MI6 - Killed Night Two

Role PM said:
Dear Rocket To Russia,
You are Rocky Balboa, the Italian Stallion.

You have had a rough past working as enforcer for a loan shark, but you managed to work your way all the way to the top, from rags to riches. After having defeated Apollo Creed, you have become the heavyweight champion of the world. You have travelled to Cuba for an important boxing match, but your opponent fell during the Revolution. Now stuck in the middle of a war, it is up to you which side you support.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Protecting USER from thugs" You will protect your target with all your strength, making him immune to any kind of kill during the Night. You may protect yourself from thugs.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Beating USER to death" You will use your famed boxing techniques to beat up your target, killing them.

'You gotta be a moron... you gotta be a moron to wanna be a fighter.'
Player:
I recalled this guy being a good player, must have confused him with someone else. Got namechecked by porygon3 and had previously claimed bodyguard to cookie, who apparently told this to both Gmax and Mekkah as a mean of being recruited. Told Gmax that he was being recruited by someone, not knowing he had his alias. Got killed by Gmax the night he was recruited by Mekkah. He also for some stupid reason neglected to protect himself and protected whoever Gmax told him to while being killed. Pretty bad stuff.

Role:
One of the better two Bodyguards, this one was able to protect himself. Bass didn't realize this, though. Even though it was specificly stated in the PM.

31. Oracular Spectacular - Pablo Escobar - Mr Escalator - M-26-7 - Killed Night Two

Role PM said:
Dear Oracular Spectacular,
You are Pablo Escobar, the Drug Lord.

Pablo, you are one of the most infamous criminals in recent history. Your drug trafficking empire, the Medellín cartel at one point controlled 80% of the global cocaine market. Owning 4 billion dollars, you are the seventh richest man in the world, and not a single dime has been made through legal work. You are now interested in expanding your operations to Cuba. Only you can decide which of the factions you will lend your hand.

As an influential drug lord, you are an expert on black market deals. If at any point in time an item is sent to the Junkyard, you will get to know this item's name and ability. Your mere presence in a faction's headquarters also boosts their expertise in dealing with the black market. If you are ever to join a faction, their ability to recover lost items is boosted.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Saying USER dies" Your word is like that of a God, and what you say will occur. By the end of the Night, your target will have been assaulted by your associates, killing them.

You are currently a Freelancer. A Freelancer does not possess any additional powers, but this
may change upon joining a faction.

'Sometimes I am God, if I say a man dies, he dies that same day.'
Player:
Claimed to both Gmax and Brain and gave them info about the Manifesto for some reason. Brain picked him up immediately while Gmax planend to abuse him to leech info. In the end, Brain for some reason didn't go for the Manifesto but Gmax did. Got randkilled by Mekkah.

Role:
We made this so the faction that recruits him would basically be dominating in the Item department and have the Manifesto and thus an advantage from the start. Unfortunately, Brain was not interested in the Manifesto and Esc died too early to be of use otherwise. He did enable the Castros to get three items out of the Junkyard instead of two, but that didn't matter in the end.

10. Crystal Castles - Obi-Wan Kenobi - billymills - Batista Regime - Lynched Day Three

Role PM said:
Dear Crystal Castles,
You are Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Jedi-Master.

Obi-Wan, you are a great man. You experienced a lot in your life. Your Padawin Anakin Skywalker fell to the dark side and turned into the abomination Darth Vader, and you feel responsible. You became a hermit and watched over Anakin's son from afar, hoping that one day he would be able to beat his father. Like a true Jedi-Master, you loved your Padawan and were devastated by the loss. This will not occur once more. You are now on Earth to help the people solve this conflict. Only you can decide which faction will bring peace to this country.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Taking USER as Padawan" A Jedi-Master is willing to do everything to protect his Padawan. All Night Actions directed at your Padawan will hit you instead. You may not make the same user your Padawan twice in a row.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Slashing USER with Lightsaber" You will slash your target with your Lightsaber to sever them into several pieces, killing them.

'You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine. '
Player:
Nothing of note here, was an early member of the Batistas that helped planning and stuff. Got lynched because everyone except Batista had casualies at that point. Was involved in Shiv's half-assed freelancer alliance, but never anything happened with that, anyway. From what I saw mills improved a lot from the fuckup he was before, though.

Role:
Straightforward Reverse-martyr, taken from one of Gohan's transformations in DBZ.

27. Mirage - Tony Montana - evan - M-26-7 - Killed Night Three

Role PM said:
Dear Mirage,
You are Tony Montana, the Scarface.

Tony, the world is yours. You have done it. After escaping Cuba, you have established yourself in the United States and became a drug lord, yourself. Unfortunately, you didn't follow one of the most important rules – Never get high from your own shit. You have become a cocaine addicted megalomaniac and messed with the wrong people. After barely surviving a major assault on your mansion, in which you killed over 20 men and lost everything, you have returned to Cuba and are willing to do whatever it takes to go back to top once more.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – USER, get the yayo!" You will offer your target a line of your best cocaine. While under the influence of cocaine, your targets awareness of his surroundings is heightened, causing them to be immune to all Night Actions except for kills. If you offer the same user cocaine for the third time, he will be prevented from using a Night Action for the next 2 nights.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Say hello to my little friend, USER" You will blast your targets door with a rocket launcher and then assault them with a hail of machine gun bullets, killing them.

'You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.'
Player:
Gave his alias to Shiv on Night Zero and got recruited immediately, without even claiming a role. Was silenced by Mekkah and then threatened to obtain claims. Someone inspected him but it failed because he targeted himself. Was killed by MI6.

Role:
Safeguard with integrated Hooker. Evan could have used this role on the people they were killing to prevent bodyguarding or on their own to prevent inspection, hookings and the like. The little hooking twist was included as a mean to encourage using it on enemies, and so that they wouldn't use it on the same member of their team every night.

30. OK Computer - Blondie - blue_light - Batista Regime - Killed Night Three

Role PM said:
Dear OK Computer,
You are Blondie, the Man With No Name.

You are a quiet, gruff eccentric stranger with a strong but unorthodox sense of justice. You have mastered the revolver with extraordinary proficiency. You are an outsider, a mercenary, a bounty hunter, and outlaw – nobody really knows. You fight dirty and unlike other cowboys, do not hesitate to shoot first if you deem it necessary. You currently reside in Cuba while a war broke out. Only you can decide which faction you support.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Drawing revolver to make USER1 comply and vote for USER2" You will draw your revolver and force your target to vote for another specified user during the next day. Should they choose to disobey, you will shoot them at point blank range, killing them.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Shooting USER with revolver" You will swiftly draw your revolver from your holster and fire a perfectly aimed shot before your target can react, killing them.

'I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it. '
Player:
Inspected by Fishin early in the game, but as MI6 already had the silencer they couldn't get him. Alias was given to Batista so that they could cooperate with MI6 through Godkills. Got killed by Castro on the Night he was going to perform his first one.

Role:
Standard Persuader, although we allowed this one to godkill in combination with a silencer, which was a very risky thing to do in the end. Wouldn't do this again..

05. Aqualung - Don Diego de la Vega/Zorro - Raikage/Kannon - Corleone Family - Killed Night Three

Role PM said:
Dear Aqualung,
You are Don Diego de la Vega, the Nobleman.

You are the son of Don Alejandro de la Vega, an influential nobleman in the city of Los Angeles. You are rich, but not blind. You have seen the injustice that is brought upon the people by the tyrannical officials and decided to no longer watch idly. You turned into Zorro, the fox, a black-clad masked outlaw who is a defender of the people, all while pretending to be supportive of the officials as Diego. Now that you arrived in Cuba, you are eager to stop tyranny again. It's up to you to decide who you consider the tyrants, though.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Adopting USER's skills” The user you target must be dead. You will then permanently put on the Mask of Zorro and gain the exact same ability the user you chose did. This user will also be allowed to actively engage in gameplay once more; the two of you will share the Aqualung account. You are responsible for providing this information to the targeted user. You are only able to use this power on Freelancers, or if you were recruited, members of your own team.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x - Leaving the Mark of Zorro on USER's chest" You will inflict three large cuts on your target's chest, forming your trademark Mark of Z and killing them.

You are currently a Freelancer. A Freelancer does not possess any additional powers, but this may change upon joining a faction.

'If you cannot clothe yourself in the skin of a lion, put on that of a fox!'
Role PM said:
Dear Aqualung and Emergency&I,
You are now Zorro, the Fox.

Your brother Tom Hagen died, and you are outraged at this injustice. You now have permanently turned into Zorro, the masked vigilante, hunting your enemies in the streets of Havana. Tom's influence on you has enabled you to observe people and gather information from them, just like him.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Observing USER from the rooftops" You will stalk your target during the whole night, gathering information on him. In the darkness of the night, nobody will be able to discover a man clad in black. You will receive his Role PM by dawn.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x - Leaving the Mark of Zorro on USER's chest" You will inflict three large cuts on your target's chest, forming your trademark Mark of Z and killing them.

You are currently a Soldato. An Soldato does not possess any additional powers. Your Don may entitle you a different position if deemed worthy.

'If you cannot clothe yourself in the skin of a lion, put on that of a fox!'
Player:
The only user beside moi to be voluntarily recruited into the Corleone Family. Claimed to Avatar because of loyality, ended up being killed by the Batista because of the Hobo Joe Incident. There is not much to say here, didn't have the opportunity to do a lot and was busy at the time.

Role:
As I didn't include NPCs, this is my workaround so that resurrection was able to be included. I think it worked fairly well, but unfortunately the Hobo Joe Incident killed this guy off very fast.

28. Morrison Hotel - Jim Morrison - imperfectluck - Freelancer - Lynched Day Four

Role PM said:
Dear Morrison Hotel,
You are Jim Morrison, the Lizard King.

You are the Lizard King, you can do anything. Mr. Mojo Risin', you are more than a mere musician. You are a poet, a writer, a shaman. Having become famous as the lead singer of The Doors, you are one of the most charismatic frontmen rock music has ever seen. You stopped at nothing, regularly having sex with groupies and being arrested for indecent exposure and the like. You are now here in Cuba, and only you decide which faction you grace with your incredible presence.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Come on USER, light my fire!" If you are killed during the Night and a user allied with the assassin is lighting your fire, you will fake your own death instead of actually dying. Whilst you are faking your own death, you cannot be targeted by any Night Action and will appear dead.

Whilst faking your death, you may post the phrase "I am the Lizard King, I can do anything!" in the main thread to return to life. This will be announced to public in a dramatic fashion. You will regain the power to light a user's fire if you come back to life.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – USER, we couldn't get much higher" You will share a high dose of your strongest heroin with your target, causing them to overdose and killing them.

You are in possession of the Microphone. Whilst holding the Microphone, you are able to use the alias MYSTERIOUS VOICE to send anonymous PMs to other users of this game. This is not an actual alias, i.e. it cannot be targeted by Night Roles or anything the like. This alias cannot post either. The password is 'carpark34', but should this item ever be stolen or moved to another user, this password will be changed immediately. It is thus up to you to clean up whatever you do with this alias' PM box if you don't want to risk another user reading it. You are not allowed to share this alias with another user.

'This is the end, my beautiful friend. It hurts to set you free, but you'll never follow me. The end of laughter and soft lies, the end of nights we tried to die. This is the end.'
Player:
Contributed to most highlights of the first few days and nights. Easily the Freelancer MVP. Wrecked a lot of havoc with his alliance and confused people a great deal with his ingenious use of the Microphone. He gave this guy this role as we were aware he would definitely spice up the gameplay in the early stages, which was evidentally kind of boring. Unfortunately never gained anything from actions as he was lynched before he could be recruited.

Role:
My interpretation of a Rogue without NPCs, mostly inspired from Darmani from Zelda and B. A. Baracus from Fire Emblem. Mysterious Voice was an early item idea by Jackal and we decided to stick it on this guy because nobody would recruit a normal Rogue and it would ensure a lot of chaos if a dead Rogue went around manipulating shit with the voice.

43. The Queen Is Dead - James Bond - shade - MI6 - Killed Night Four

Role PM said:
Dear The Queen Is Dead,
You are Bond, James Bond. The Spy.

007, you are a fiend. You are a smooth talking womaniser who doesn't appear to take his work as a spy as seriously as he should. You order your drinks shaken, but not stirred and are a heavy smoker. You are a highly educated and intelligent polyglot, and while you are know to have unorthodox attics, you somehow always get the job done. In this war, your target is Francisco Scaramanga, the man with the Golden Gun. After somehow having survived your last encounter, he escaped to Cuba to work with the Batista Regime. It is now up to you and your colleagues to finish him off for good.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Die Another Day" Doing this will protect your whole faction from Night Kills for a single Night. Use this move wisely, you can only perform it once in the whole game.

During the day, you may send a PM entitled "DAY X – Reporting" In the body of the PM, you may include a message that will be anonymously published during the Day as soon as the host reads this PM. You may only use this power a single time in the whole game.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Terminating USER with cyanide-coated darts" You will launch toxic projectiles from your wrist dart launcher, poisoning a user and killing them.

You are in possession of the Rolex. Whilst holding the Rolex, you may send a PM entitled "DAY X – Voting for USER" during the day. This watch has a special transmission device which enables you to vote in private. This will override any vote you may have made in the Day thread.

You are the current 00 Agent of MI6. Whilst in this position, you have the proper authority to carry out an assassination during the Night.

Roger the Engineer – Sir Miles Messervy – Head
Blackfield – Major Boothroyd – Delegate
With them you shall bring glory to Her Majesty.

You are allied with MI6. You win if MI6 wins.

'There's a useful four letter word, and you're full of it. '
Player:
Was absent early in the game, Mekkah controlled his account for a couple of days. Forged a pretty neat false PM, Mr. Pink. Got inspected and killed by Castro relatively early.

Role:
Probably the strongest of the fourt wildcard starting roles, easily has the best of the four item and most likely the best of the roles, too. Unfortunately Mekkah decided not to use his role after long consideration, causing him and another Agent to die. Bad decision on his part there. Mekkah also contemplated using his announcement role for some funny stuff like claiming recruitments won't work for the next two nights. This could have been fun, but he died too early unfortunately.

49. Who's Next - Peter Venkman - Accent - MI6 - Killed Night Four

Role PM said:
Dear Who's Next,
You are Peter Venkman, the Ghostbuster.

You ain't afraid of no ghost. You are a womanising doctor of parapsychology who captures ghosts with his friends in his free time. With Egon's invention the proton pack, no ghost can fuck with you. During your holiday in Cuba, war broke out. You must decide which faction you will offer your services in this war to get over with it quickly. You want to enjoy your vacation, after all.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Shocking USER with proton pack" You will assault your target with your proton pack's energy beam, stunning them and making them unable to perform any kind of Night Action. You may not shock the same target twice in a row.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Crossing the streams over USER" You will call your fellow Ghostbusters and cross the proton pack streams over your target, causing all life as they know it to stop instantaneously and every molecule of their body to explode at the speed of light, killing them.

'Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.'
Player:
Claimed to Mekkah pretty early but for some reason Mekkah thought his PM was fake because he doubted two hookers would exist at that point in time. Tried recruiting anyway and succeeded. Got randkilled by Outlaw.

Role:
One of two standard hookers, there is not much to say about this one.

02. A Night at the Opera - Clarence Darrow - serenity - Neutral - Godkilled Day Five

Role PM said:
Dear A Night at the Opera,
You are Clarence Darrow, the Lawyer.

You are a sophisticated country lawyer, having become a leading member of the American Civil Liberties Union. Being an agnostic and a man of wit, you have become one the most famous American civil libertarians. In your most famous case, you have saved a pair of young thrill killers from the death penalty. Now residing in Cuba, you will try your best to accomplish similar feats in this war. It is up to you to decide which side of the war you join in this war.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Defending USER in court" If your target is subject to being lynched the next day, you will defend him in court. As a top-notch lawyer, you will be able to get him to be sent to prison for 2 Days and Nights instead of being executed. While in Prison, a user is unable to perform or be targeted by any Night Action. You cannot defend another user while your current client is in prison.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Charging USER with murder using fake evidence" Your target will be sentenced to death and be executed by the official authorities, killing them.

'You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.'
Player:
Got tricked by Outlaw, who was claiming legitimate faction at the start, into giving the alias to be recruited. Was pretty shocked when she found out she got turned into a wolf. Was the unfortunate victim of a random silence/persuasion godkill. The persuasion was performed by Lesm, who used his power to obtain the dead blue_light's power.

Role:
This one was one of my earliest inventions and one of my favourites, as well. I figured a normal lynch bodyguard was too strong so i modified this one a bit, which arguably made him better than a normal one in the end as being imprisoned could have been a great help for Outlaw. I hoped Outlaw would recruit this one from the start and was glad he did, in the end. Too bad she was godkilled. Note that she was only able to protect Outlaw when he was not killing.

14. Electric Ladyland - Nostradamus - Brain - M-26-7 - Lynched Day Five

Role PM said:
Dear Electric Ladyland,
You are Nostradamus, the Prophet.

Born Michel de Nostredame, you are a French seer who has become world famous for publishing a collection of Prophecies. You have attracted a large following that credits you for predicting many major world events. However, most academics dispute this and claim your prophecies are so tenuous and vague that they should not be considered accurate predictions. You will make good use of this incertitude in this war. Only you are able to decide whom you offer your services, though.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Writing Prophecy" In the main body of the message, you may assemble a statement about the game which can be answered by the host with either true or false. This statement will be published in the next day thread, but only you will get to know its truthfulness. You may not include more than 2 Aliases, Smogon Names, Role Names, Faction Names or Item Names in a prophecy. If the host deems a statement unanswerable, you will be given enough time to submit a new statement before the Day begins.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Predicting boulder crash over USER's head" Your target will be crushed by a massive boulder, killing them.

'Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here.'
Player:
Very pleased with his ingenious use of his Role. After joining the Castro, pretty much took the faction over and did their public relations, many people were surprised he was not a faction leader in the end. Did a great deal of planning, but unfortunately got ruined by bad luck all along. People started to doubt the book ability because of bad coincidences from the start. Got hooked once and inspected twice on his short livespan, among others.

Role:
Easily everyone's favourite role this time around. As some of you may know, I invented the role Announcer and donated it to Shiv for the game Apocalypse Mafia. I intended to use to fool people into believing stuff, not as a mean of communication. Unfortunately, nobody was using it the way I envisoned it. So I added the yes/no asking to the role so that people would benefit from using it the way I wanted. Brain made very good use of this role and I was very pleased by his performance. Too bad there was a lot of bad luck involved.

50. Ziggy Stardust - Fidel Castro - Shiv - M-26-7 - Killed Night Five

Role PM said:
Dear Ziggy Stardust,
You are Fidel Castro, the Rebel Leader.

You were born into a wealthy family and were going to be a lawyer, but ended up being a notorious politician instead. Fulgencio Batista used to be a friend of your family, but you didn't agree with his politics anyway and formed an underground organisation to overthrow him. Your first assault failed miserably, killing half of the men you gathered for this operation. After spending a couple of years in prison, you travelled to Mexico to found M-26-7. You met Ernesto 'Che' Guevara there, and this is when shit got serious. An expert on Guerilla warfare, he was the man you had been looking for all along. Batista better be prepared, because now, you are properly armed and ready for the full scale assault.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Recruiting USER1 [and USER2]" If these users are Freelancers, they will be made new Guerrilleros of your Movimiento. In the event that an eligible Freelancer is targeted by 2 or more Recruitments, all of them will fail. Should you target a already aligned person, your Recruitment will also fail. You will be notified about the success of your action. You may only recruit 3 users within 2 nights.

As the leader of Movimiento 26 de Julio, you own some special privileges. You are impervious to Night Kills during Nights 1 and 2.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Attacking USER's barracks" You will gather a small task force of trusted men and attack your targets hideout, killing them.

You are the current Jefe of Movimiento 26 de Julio. Whilst in this position, you may appoint a new Comandante. This user will take over your faction in the event of your death and inherits the Recruitment power. You are also able to appoint the current Capitán, who will be responsible for your teams kills. Blackwater Park is the current Capitán. To change these, you may post in the dedicated thread in the Hotel Habana Libre, your faction's subforum, which you also manage, during the day.

Out of Time – Camilo Cienfuegos – Comandante
Blackwater Park – Ernesto Guevara – Capitán
With them you shall revolutionise.

You are allied with Movimiento 26 de Julio. You win if Movimiento 26 de Julio wins.

'Condemn me, it does not matter: history will absolve me.'
Player:
Overall disappointed by his inactivity. Early game, claimed to be Freelancer to everyone but a select few people. Stumbled upon Brain who claimed Captain. In a pretty funny conversation they revealed to each other both had been lying, and Shiv obtained Brain's alias. evan gave his to him as well, making them easily the best team on Night Zero. As soon as Brain was on the boat, Shiv didn't do anything anymore though, Brain even had to send in his recruitment PMs every Night. Got namechecked by porygon3 which ultimately led to his demise by the hand of the Batista Regime.

Role:
Standard recruiter. I hoped too see a Castro vs MI6 standoff in the end, but this was not to happen. I invisioned this to be much a more political mafia, with alliances actually lasting to route out a common enemy. People didn't quite do this and just backstabbed each other all over the place. Oh well.

42. The Moon & Antarctica - Fulgencio Batista - Gmax - Batista Regime - Killed Night Five

Role PM said:
Dear The Moon & Antarctica,
You are Fulgencio Batista, the Cuban Dictator.

You are the only mulatto leader in modern Cuban history, and like a true half-(BAN ME PLEASE) you worked yourself from a humble background all the way up to presidency. You are a corrupt tyrant, like a true dictator. You have close relationships with both the Jewish and the Italian Mafia, who are both interested in expanding their business to Cuba. Some people don't like that, namely Movimiento 26 de Julio, the Cuban resistance movement. Now stuck in a war, you requested support from the Italian Mafia residing in Havana. On top of that, the British Government sent spies to the island. You suspect they are looking for Francisco Scaramanga, one of your associates. You are in deep shit and you know it, so try to make the best out of the situation and show everyone that you are the true ruler of this island.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Enlisting USER1 [and USER2]" If these users are Freelancers, they will be made new Soldiers of your Regime. In the event that an eligible Freelancer is targeted by 2 or more Enlistments, all of them will fail. Should you target a already aligned person, your Enlistment will also fail. You will be notified about the success of your action. You may only recruit 3 users within 2 nights.

As the leader of the Batista Regime, you own some special privileges. You are impervious to Night Kills during Nights 1 and 2.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Ordering extrajudical killing on USER" You will send minions to put your target into prison and stage their suicide through hanging, killing them.

You are the current President of the Batista Regime. Whilst in this position, you may appoint a new Vice President. This user will take over your faction in the event of your death and inherits the Enlistment power. You are also able to appoint the current Minister of Defence, who will be responsible for your teams kills. Revolver is the current Minister of Defence. To change these, you may post in the dedicated thread in the Moncada Barracks, your faction's subforum, which you also manage, during the day.

To the Extreme – Hyman Roth – Vice-President
Revolver – Francisco Scaramanga – Minister of Defence
With them you shall defend your country.

You are allied with the Batista Regime. You win if the Batista Regime wins.

'Which book are you talking about?'
Player:
This guy played very well, just as i expected. I intentionally made a "lesser" player leader because I was sure he would get the most claims, many people were afraid to talk to the other three because they thought they'd gave very high standards. Ended up getting the most claims of all and recruited a decent amount of claims. Was inspected by both Fishin and Eo, but he should have been immune to Eo's because of Flounders power, this was a fuck up on my part which ultimately led to his death by the hand of Castro. I made him leader without asking him beforehand, unlike every other of the leaders. He was pretty shocked.

Role:
Standard recruiter, too. Because of Mekkah's Macho Brace combo this guy was able to be hooked and prevented from recruiting once, but when they tried again, Flounder's power was used to prevent the hook and the theft. Way to go!

03. Aftermath - Jimmy Conway - Hobo_Joe - Corleone Family - Killed Night Five

Role PM said:
Dear Aftermath,
You are Jimmy Conway, the Gent.

You are the genius behind the Lufthansa Heist, the largest cash robbery ever committed on American soil. As an Irish-American however, you could never become a made man in the Mafia and stayed a mere associate of the Lucchesse Family. You did not like this, so you decided to move on to Cuba, where everything is different. There are many people interested in your services there, a successful future is guaranteed.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Performing heist on USER's airline" You will perform a heist on your targets private jet, causing you to obtain all items they may have been holding at the time of the robbery.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Pistol-whipping USER" You will confront your target with a gun and pistol-whip them in the face, killing them.

As a strict follower of the Omertà, your ideology forbids you to rat on your friends. Should you ever be caught voting for an ally of yours in a lynch, you will be unable to perform a heist on a user's airline the following Night and your vote will be void the following Day.

'I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut. '
Player:
Hah. The Hobo Joe Incident was mentioned quite a lot above, so I'll explain. Gmax told Joe that he was going to recruit him and got his alias. Earthworm gave this alias to AvatarST and pretended it was him and he wanted to be recruited. This made Avatar recruit Hobo Joe. Gmax pretended he was Avatar and his Forums were down and made Hobo Joe paste the whole Role PM thread to him. This is why the Italians just vengefully attacked the Batista or people they thought were Batista for most of the game. They only wanted revenge and considered themselves to have already lost. This and the fact that only lesser known players were left amongst them made the Italians win in the end as people underestimated them. One could argue that without the Incident, it would have been much harder to win. Killed by MI6 because of voting behaviour.

Role:
The highest priority thief with a voting restriction. I envisoned he would use this to vote some of his team mates to confuse people after he has died but there was no time for this to happen, everyone knew all the Italians by Day Two anyway.

39. Strawberry Jam - Michael Corleone - Avatar ST - Corleone Family - Lynched Day Six

Role PM said:
Dear Strawberry Jam,
You are Michael Corleone, the Godfather.

As youngest son of the late Vito Corleone, you are responsible for the family after your oldest brother died and your other brother was deemed inapt. At first, you were not eager to join family business, but after your father barely survived an assassination, shit got personal, you got revenge, and fled to Sicily for a couple of years. When you became the Don, you planned to make the family legitimate within five years, but ended up executing all rival family's Dons, making your family the most influential of the nation. Now, you decided to expand your empire further by forging a partnership with the Batista Regime through his father's old business partner Hyman Roth. You are suspicious of Roth, especially after he asked your family to help out the Batista Regime during the revolution that broke out during your negotiations.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Making [USER1 and USER2]" If these users are Freelancers, they will be made new Soldatos of your Family. In the event that an eligible Freelancer is targeted by 2 or more Recruitments, all of them will fail. Should you target a already aligned person, your Recruitment will also fail. You will be notified about the success of your action. You may only recruit 3 users within 2 nights.

As the leader of the Corleone Family, you own some special privileges. You are impervious to Night Kills during Nights 1 and 2.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Making USER an offer he can't refuse" You will force the user to leave the country, effectively killing them.

You are the current Don of the Corleone Family. Whilst in this position, you may appoint a new Consigliere. This user will take over your faction in the event of your death and inherits the Recruitment power. You are also able to appoint the current Enforcer, who will be responsible for your teams kills. Freak Out! is the current Enforcer. To change these, you may post in the dedicated thread in the Lake Tahoe Estate, your faction's subforum, which you also manage, during the day.

Emergency & I – Tom Hagen – Consigliere
Freak Out! – Al Neri – Enforcer

'Tom, you know you surprise me. If anything in this life is certain - if history has taught us anything - it's that you can kill anybody.'
Player:
Disappointed by this one, he was too inactive. Could have told me he was a busy guy and I'd have made someone else (Brain? Hip?) faction leader. He never gathered claims and just rand-targeted all game. After the Incident, he didn't even bother doing shit anymore and actively discouraged people like cookie from joining his faction and gave everyone his alias. Oh well. Got lynched because there was no target anyone else could agree on.

Role:
Standard recruiter. Nothing else to say here.

07. Blackfield - Major Boothroyd - Fishin - MI6 - Killed Night Six

Role PM said:
Dear Blackfield,
You are Major Boothroyd, the Quartermaster.

You are the head of the Q Branch, the research and development division of the British secret service. You are responsible for the creation of many a useful tool and gadget that James Bond used on his past missions. You are a smart man, often having battles of wit with Bond and giving him wise advice before his missions. You are somewhat fatherly concerned about Bond and support him in any way possible. Your gadgets will hopefully be an asset in this war.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Using Identigraph to identify USER" You will spend all Night trying to create a facial composite of your target using your Identigraph gadget. You will then check the MI6 database and discover the identity and abilities of your target by the end of the Night.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Assaulting USER with Aston Martin DB5" You will use your favourite creation to run over your target while shooting with integrated machine guns, killing them.

You are the current Delegate of MI6. Whilst in this position, you will take over your faction in the event of the Head's death.

Roger the Engineer – Sir Miles Messervy – Head
The Queen Is Dead – James Bond – 00 Agent

'Forgive my mentioning it, 007, but a perfect marksman isn't really supposed to shoot his own boss.'
Player:
Played as some kind of secondary recruiter for MI6, interrogating people and gathering info, but considerably less so than Mekkah. His timezone was not that good for MI6, as most of their members were European. Got killed by Outlaw after moi found him and gave him the alias.

Role:
Standard inspector here. I originally intended those inspectors to be two inspects in three nights, but forgot about it when writing role PMs and just left it that way then. Should have corrected this mistake, information was too ubiquitous.

34. Purple Rain - Friedrich Nietzsche - Outlaw - Neutral - Lynched Day Seven

Role PM said:
Dear Purple Rain,
You are Friedrich Nietzsche, the Übermensch.

Ah, Nietzsche. You are a great philosopher, criticising religion, morality, science, culture and philosophy itself. Your radical questioning of objectivity and value of truth is a common subject of debate among experts. In your opinion, man is something which ought to be overcome. Because of this, you define the goal of humanity as becoming the Übermensch.
However, you have gazed in the abyss for too long, so long that it gazed into yourself, corrupting your soul. You have become a monster, yourself. Consumed by your own theories and work, you believe yourself to be the Übermensch. You deem all other living beings laughingstock and painful embarrassment. Your goal in this conflict is total obliteration.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Will to Power USER" You will be consumed by your will to power and in rage completely obliterate your target, killing them. As the most powerful being alive, you have high physical resistance. Whenever you are not consumed by your will to power and choose to idle, you will be in Eternal Recurrence. While in Eternal Recurrence, you are immune to all kind of Night Roles. You are required to use both the Will to Power and the Eternal Recurrence at least once in three Nights barring Night Zero.

You may also send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Thus spoke USER" The user you decide to let speak will join you in your quest for domination of the Übermensch and will officially join you in this war. Your winning condition will change to include the possibility of him surviving as well. He will adopt the same winning condition.

You are an Übermensch. You are not eligible to joining any other faction and act as a faction of your own.

You are indifferent toward the victor of this struggle. You win if you are the last user alive.

'He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.'
Player:
People must have been surprised we chose Outlaw for wolf. We originally intended to use Lesm, but because of the Lesm is wolf gimmick this was too obvious. We both remembered Outlaw as a player with a lot of potential and who enjoyed hilarious gimmicks, so we made him the wolf in a last minute change. Played well when he recruited Rev, my favourite role for the wolf partner, early in the game. Got lynched because people discovered him by process of elimination and a role title inspect by Kinneas. He nearly got killed earlier by the Jackal Incident. The Jackal Incident was matamato sending in his kill PM to only Jackal and not me, so I did not see it. After a bit of drama we decided not to count the kill because really, either decision would have ensured a shit storm from one side and in my opinion letting him live was fairer.

Role:
This is basically a revamp of Dark Link from Zelda. Both Jackal and I were of the opinion Earthworm played rather bad as Dark Link because he never idled, so we gave this one a kill cycle that required him to idle at least once in three nights, and he usually did it more than that. Had an invisible ally in moi, whom he found shortly before he was lynched.

41. The Genius - Frank Serpico - moi - Neutral - Mysterious fate on Day Seven

Role PM said:
Dear The Genius,
You are Frank Serpico, the Honest Cop.

You were a patrolman for years, but not a regular one for sure. You have a long beard and dress like a hippie, which disturbs you fellow policemen. You were working in the New York Police Department, until you finally got that promotion to plain-clothes you were waiting for for years – only to be shocked by the fact that corruption is omnipresent there. Many of your fellow officers have considered you the most dangerous man alive because you don't take money. After being shot in the face during a drug raid because of failed assistance from your colleagues who wanted to get rid of you, you testified everything you knew before the Knapp Commision and moved to Cuba. Now, you are faced with wide-spread corruption once more. You don't like that. You don't like any of the four factions fighting for the country either, all of them are corrupt. Haunted by your past, you have decided to help clean the country of this problem.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Looking up USER's criminal record" where as USER may be both a Smogon name, or an Alias. You will look up all documents the police has about this user, figuring out his winning condition.

During the day, you may send a PM entitled "DAY X – Shading USER" As you are an undercover cop, your vote in the thread will be void. Instead, your vote will count toward the user you are shading.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Seizing and detaining USER" You will put your target into prison, effectively killing them.

You are currently in plain-clothes. As a result, when you are recruited by a faction, you will not be able to truly join that faction, but instead remain a Freelancer. However, the faction will still be notified of a successful recruit and you will join that faction as if the recruit was successful. If you are ever to be inspected, this paragraph will be replaced with the usual Freelancer one. Your winning condition will not be shown, either.

You are indifferent toward the victor of this struggle. You win if you are successfully recruited by all four main factions and furthermore, none of them win.

'What's this for? For bein' an honest cop? Hmm? Or for being stupid enough to get shot in the face? You tell them that they can shove it. '
Player:
moi played this one very slowly, he was not that aggressive and took his time. Recruited by Gmax on Night Zero, Italians slighly later and MI6 a lot later. thunda claims he played shit because he was not in all four factions by Night Three, but imo he played it just right because he had to hide and not be too prominent. If anyone was ever to discover he was a member of another faction by talking to a member, he would have been exposed immediately.

Role:
Probably the biggest controversy in this game. This role was needed for Outlaw to stand something resembling a chance, a point which many of you neglect. It was not that well thought out, though, as it put me as a host in awkward situations at time, especially with the MI6. Ended up completely manipulating the Italians at his time of death, was not that influential in other factions, though. MI6 thought he smelled fishy because his role was much better than any other Freelancer and he had a huge amount of flavour text, so they locked him out in a forum called The Mental Ward. He was going to be recruited by Brain as well, but because of a holiday trip or something he ended up not supplying his alias in time. Bad luck here too. Oh yeah, if he ever was going to inherit the leader power of a faction, people would be notified he is unable to do so, effectively exposing him. He was able to perform kills though, he had the potential of performing four kills in a single night !!

08. Blackwater Park - Ernesto Guevara - StrangerDanger - M-26-7 - Killed Night Seven

Role PM said:
Dear Blackwater Park,
You are Ernesto Guevara, the Guerrillero Heroico.

Nowadays, most people just know you as 'that guy on them shirts'. In reality, you are so much more. Having travelled Latin America on a motorcycle, you witnessed poverty, hunger and disease, which helped shaping your ideology. In your opinion, the only solution to these problems was world revolution. In Mexico, you met Fidel Castro and decided to assist his underground organisation in overthrowing the Batista Regime in Cuba. Being an expert on Guerilla warfare, you have become a pivotal tool in the struggle and quickly rose ranks to the very top. You were a harsh and ruthless man, but also an intellectual and a philosopher, reading poetry and having great moral authority over the troops. Now that the revolution finally broke out, you are not going to rest until you put an end to Batista.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Radio Rebelde" Doing this will protect your whole team from Day Lynches the following day. Be careful when using it, it can only be used once in the whole game.

During the day, you may send a PM entitled "DAY X – Reporting" In the body of the PM, you may include a message that will be anonymously published during the Day as soon as the host reads this PM. You may only use this power a single time in the whole game.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Assaulting USER using Guerrilla warfare" You will assault your target using your famed Guerrilla techniques, killing them.

You are in possession of the Cigars. Whilst holding the Cigars, you will be immune to any kind of inspection role, as any observant will be unable to identify you in the smoke of cloud. However, your vote in the Day Lynch will also be void.

You are the current Capitán of Movimiento 26 de Julio. Whilst in this position, you have the proper authority to carry out an assassination during the Night.

Ziggy Stardust – Fidel Castro – Jefe
Out of Time – Camilo Cienfuegos – Comandante

You are allied with Movimiento 26 de Julio. You win if Movimiento 26 de Julio wins.

'I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.'
Player:
Was pretty inactive from what I can tell, played public relations man for a night or two until he died. Grabbed the Microphone from the junkyard but never used it. Told me he was trying to get involved more in mafia again, didn't see much of that.

Role:
Probably the worst of the four wildcards. Cigars were a hindering item that put his team at disadvantage from the start and his power required an extensive amount of prediction. Probably should have given him a better item and have the Cigars start on a Freelancer. These things ended up deciding the game though, so he kind of helped the Italians win through his existence. Got killed by the Batista Regime in an attempt to severely weaken the Castro by killing both him and 378, but nobody ended up obbeying.

33. Physical Graffiti - Jules Winnfield - supermarth64 - M-26-7 - Killed Night Seven

Role PM said:
Dear Physical Graffiti,
You are Jules Winnfield, the Hitman.

You are a hitman working for Marsellus Wallace. In your last mission, a lot of shit occurred including something that you think was a miracle that saved your life. As a consequence, you decided to retire after one last job. This job took you to Cuba, where you were caught in a middle of a revolution. It is up to you which side of the war you join, all you want to do is get out of this mess and finally retire.

If given the adequate authority, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Striking down upon USER with great vengeance and furious anger" You will recite your trademark bible passage Ezekiel 25:17 and then shoot your target several times, killing them.

You are in possession of the Suitcase. Whilst holding the Suitcase, your vote in the Day Lynch counts double. As you went through a lot of shit to get this thing back, it cannot be stolen. If you are to die, the assailant will take the case with him.

'Normally, both your asses would be dead as fucking fried chicken, but you happen to pull this shit while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill you, I wanna help you. But I can't give you this case, it don't belong to me. Besides, I've already been through too much shit this morning over this case to hand it over to your dumb ass. '
Player:
I let this guy in in a last minute change because he seemed enthusiastic and was hanging around in #havana all the time. Nothing of note here, really. He joined the Freelancer alliance of IPL, which was a kind of stupid move given the nature of his role. He ended up being double targeted by recruitments once before succesfully joining the Castros. Was killed by MI6 for the suitcase.

Role:
This was the single worst role in the game, no ability whatsoever. His item encouraged people to kill him. But the suitcase was the most important item in the game, so it needed to start somewhere. Sorry pal!

25. Maggot Brain - Vanilla Ice - jumpluff - MI6 - Killed Night Seven

Role PM said:
Dear Maggot Brain,
You are Vanilla Ice, the White Guy.

Yo, VIP, let's kick it! Ice is back with my brand new invention. You are the most hilarious rapper mankind has ever seen. Your only notable single is Ice Ice Baby, but the song Ninja Rap from the film Turtles II is just as awesome. One may be laughed at if he enjoys Vanilla Ice, but in reality, Ice is everyone's dirty pleasure. Now stuck on Cuba, you have to take sides in this revolution.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – USER, stop! Collaborate and listen!" You will perform a private concert of your hit single Ice Ice Baby for your target. This concert is very long, so your target will not be able to perform any kind of Night Action. You may not force the same target to collaborate and listen twice in row.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Killing USER's brain like a poisonous mushroom" You will perform your new, secret single which will inflict severe brain damage on your target, killing them.

'If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it!'
Player:
jumpluff claimed hooker to Mekkah from the start which I thought was pretty risky, but it did pay off with an early recruitment. Forgot to send in a PM once and wanted to be subbed out for that, but I refused. Ended up being very helpful in Mekkah's Macho Brace plan. Killed supermarth64 for the suitcase, but was killed by Jimbo of the Movimiento in the very same night, so the suitcase ended up with him.

Role:
Standard Hooker, nothing of note here. Gave jumpluff Vanilla Ice because we share a passionate fandom of the song Ice Ice Baby.

18. Funeral - Peter Petrelli - LightWolf - Batista Regime - Lynched Day Eight

Role PM said:
Dear Funeral,
You are Peter Petrelli, the Exploding Man.

You are a former hospice nurse able to absorb and mimic other people's special abilities. You have a complex relationship with your Brother Nathan. But you are a Hero. During your battle with Sylar, you were unable to control your powers and exploded, but your brother was able to prevent greater harm. Now residing in Cuba, it is up to you which side you support in this conflict.

Because of your mimic power, you are able to temporarily copy another user's power. Should you ever be targeted by one or more Night roles, you will copy the one with the lowest priority, enabling you to use it during the next Night. You will notice there are certain roles that are unable to be copied.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Exploding" You will sacrifice yourself in a devastating explosion which will consume every user that happens to be targeting you during this Night, killing them along with yourself. This power will fail if more than three people including yourself would die due to it.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Creating a pyrokinetic explosion on USER" You will use the powers you mimicked to create a raging fire, burning your target alive and killing them.

'You're not a hero, Isaac. You're a junkie. You couldn't even save yourself! That's why she left you Isaac. It had nothing to do with me!'
Player:
Lightwolf claimed to everyone he had a shit role that was not worth being recruited for most of the game, but then he decided to go to Gmax and reveal the truth. Gmax for some reason planned to not recruit him and abuse his explosive powers, which I thought was pretty dumb because this is an awesome role to have. After Gmax died, Earthworm officially took over the faction, but in reality it was run by Lightwolf. He read the ENTIRE logs of their channel from Night Zero until he joined them to understand properly what was going on. Was very enthusiastic about this game, it was sad seeing him being lynched that early.

Role:
One of my favourite roles, but boy this guy got unlucky. He was targeted a grand total of two times in the whole game, once by Frances the Mute to copy bodyguard power intentionally, and once by Eo making him gain Alliance Checker power and leading to his demise. It was pretty frustrating telling him "You weren't targeted" for the first five nights in a row, lol.

16. Frances The Mute - Oddjob - Toothache - Batista Regime - Lynched Day Nine

Role PM said:
Dear Frances The Mute,
You are Oddjob, the Silent Henchman.

You are the strong and silent type, never even uttering a single word during your appearance in 'Goldfinger'. You have a unique weapon, a bowler hat with concealed blades, that you don't hesitate to use. As the personal bodyguard of Auric Goldfinger, you are an extremely loyal man. He dispatched you to Cuba to support a faction of his associates, but unfortunately the faction's name was lost in transmission. Now, it's up to you which faction you support during the Revolution.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Guarding USER's mansion" You will make sure that no assassins will enter your targets mansion, making him immune to any kind of kill during the Night. You may guard your own mansion.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Throwing hat at USER" You will throw your trademark razor-edged hat at your target, inflicting large cuts and killing them.

As you are the silent henchman, you aren't allowed to post anything but lynch votes in the main forums. If you choose to break this rule, you will be unable to guard a user's mansion the following night and your vote will be void the following day.

'Aha!'
Player:
lol, legendary Frances. He was inspected by Batista on night zero and they just recruited him without any talk. He never ended up telling him who he was or talking to them, he just posted hilarious pictures all over their forum. Easily the most funny gimmick for me to observe, but it must have been pretty frustrating for the Batista. Unfortunately, this guy died because of a fuckup of mine as well, he was holding the Cigars as he was inspected, but I forgot this and gave the results to the Castro, which ended up having him die. This was bad on my side, I apologize.

Role:
The second good bg, with a posting restriction of not being able to post text. I chose to do this because Toothaches stupid posts got him randkilled night one in YCI and he usually complains for dying early, so I made sure he wouldn't this time be being able to protect himself.

21. Images and Words - Shaquille O'Neal - darkie - M-26-7 - Killed Night Nine

Role PM said:
Dear Images and Words,
You are Shaquille O'Neal, the Diesel.

You are the king of the court, or the king of missing free throws, whichever you prefer. You had a dynasty in Los Angeles with Kobe Bryant, but two egos that big simply could not play on one team. After you won a Ring without Kobe, you promptly asked him how your ass taste, but now that he has a Ring on his finger without your help he has the goods to back up his smack talk. And you don't like that. Now you plan to be a secret ally to one of the factions vying for Cuba. You do not really care which, as the only reason you are doing this is because you heard Kobe is doing the same.

Your main goal in this game is to eliminate Kobe Bryant. You have had enough of his shenanigans and you figure that killing him is the only way to shut him up for good. Accomplishing this feat may have its own reward aside from personal satisfaction. Needless to say, you cannot be recruited to the same team as Kobe.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Slam-dunking USER" You will throw this user into a basketball hoop, breaking their bones and killing them.

You are currently a Freelancer. A Freelancer does not possess any additional powers, but this may change upon joining a faction.

'I started out as a football player. I liked to inflict pain. In basketball, it was the same thing.'
Player:
Jackal decided to make the rival twins some basketball players (only roles he chose) because I couldn't think of anything good. He gave them to darkie and Stallion, two notorious basketball fans. darkie was busy because of exams or something so he didn't end up doing a lot of shit. Was killed by Stallion so that he could gain his power. darkie would have gained the exact same one, fyi.

Role:
These guys don't do anything at all until one dies, at which point they gain the ability to stop a lynch early and decide who dies. This was the same role Twinrova had in Zelda mafia, only on a different Twin format. People expected them to be more powerful, but I think this was appropriate.

48. Virgin Killer - Faust - Lesm46 - MI6 - Killed Night Nine

Role PM said:
Dear Virgin Killer,
You are Faust, the Intellectual.

You are a dissatisfied intellectual who yearns for more than earthly meat and drink. You are looking for the true essence of life, but were never able to find it. You realized that there are limits to human knowledge. Through your frustration, you attracted the Devil in the form of Mephistopheles, with whom you made a bargain. He will serve you until the moment in which you reach the zenith of human happiness, at which point he may take your soul. You are now residing in Cuba, where a revolution broke out. It is up to you to decide which side of this war you support.

During the day, you may send a PM entitled "DAY X - Performing Faustian bargain to adopt USER's ability" Through your pact with Mephistopheles, you will temporarily gain the ability of a recently deceased user. You may find that you cannot adopt every user's ability. This power only works on users that died the previous Day or Night.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x - Having USER condemned by Mephistopheles" The targeted user will be sent to burn in the purgatory, killing them.

'What a man knows not, he to use requires, and what he knows, he cannot use for good.'
Player:
lol. One of the most prominent aliases along with OK Computer, both were targeted like 3-4 times on Night Zero. Because of the controversial alias, everyone thought he was mafia and tried to lynch him repeatedly early in the game. Mekkah started to doubt this at some time and tried to pick him up but failed because of double recruitment. He tried again later, when it succeeded. He was killed by the Batista Regime a lot later, after being one of MI6 most useful tools in the midgame.

Role:
One of the strongest Freelancer for sure, this one was the second to last role we added. We promised Lesm a good role before the game started as we intended to make him Wolf at this time, so we gave him this one. I should have switched this one's alias with Lightwolf's. Lightwolf wanted to be targeted but never was, while Lesm was targeted like a million times when it didn't help him at all. Oh well!

40. Tarkus - John Rambo - twash - MI6 - Killed Night Nine

Role PM said:
Dear Tarkus,
You are John Rambo, the Green Beret.

You are a Vietnam veteran and were a prisoner of war for several years. You experienced hell itself while being tortured by the Vietcong until you somehow managed to escape. And when you came back to America, you were shunned and chased by Hippies and backwater Sheriffs. Because of your past experienced, you freaked out and lashed out at society rather than handling the issue in a civilized manner. You were now deployed to Cuba to help settle the current conflict. It is up to you to decide who you support in this revlution.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Pressing machine gun barrel against USER's back" You will threaten to kill the user if he moves but a single inch. This causes him to be unable to post or vote at all during the next day. If they decide to challenge your threat, you will spray their back with machine gun fire, killing them. You don't fuck with John Rambo.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Cutting USER's throat" You will sneak up to your target from behind and cut their throat with your combat knife, killing them.

'I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!'
Player:
There is not a lot to say here, he claimed to Mekkah Night Zero and got recruited immediately and afterwards kept to his team mostly. He was useful in manipulating Kinneas for his team though, after the guy got subbed in twash was used as a mean of communication between him and the faction, until he finally got recruited. Killed by M-26-7 after having been inspected.

Role:
Standard Silencer, was able to godkill together with blue_light. Read his notes for further information.

13. Doolittle - Adrian Monk - porygon3 - Batista Regime - Lynched Day Ten

Role PM said:
Dear Doolittle,
You are Adrian Monk, the Obsessive-compulsive Detective.

You are a former homicide detective at the San Francisco Police Department. You suffer from an acute case of obsessive-compulsive disorder, which has been magnified tenfold by the murder of your wife, Trudy. You suffer from 312 phobias, the strongest of which is germs. You ended up in Cuba while tracking a potential suspect for the murder of your wife, and are now stuck in the middle of a revolution. Choose wisely with whom you ally.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Investigating USER's residence" Using your special observation techniques, you will investigate your target's residence. By the end of the Night, you will have discovered your target's Smogon Name.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Accidentally poisoning USER with germicide" Because of your mysophobia, you will attempt to sanitise your target with germicide, accidentally poisoning and killing them.

'Don't get me started on joy. When you're older you'll understand. Joy is a trick, a diversion. It doesn't last forever. It breaks your heart every time. Damn joy!'
Player:
Had been a "fellow traveler" of the Regime for most of the early game, until he finally was recruited. Played pretty well and made little to no mistakes, Mekkah suspected him of being the wolf at one point because he couldn't figure out who he was allied with. Lynched after having been title checked by Kinneas. Voting behaviour made his alliance obvious.

Role:
Smogon Name Discoverer, nothing unusual here either. Helped finding out who Shiv was, causing him to be lynched. Got useless quite fast. I always wondered why he never checked Frances, though.

11. Deadwing - Han Solo - stoo the wooden man - M-26-7 - Killed Night Ten

Role PM said:
Dear Deadwing,
You are Han Solo, the Scoundrel.

You used to be a lone smuggler and only cared for yourself and your first mate Chewbacca, but after being caught in the Galactic Civil War, a lot changed. You realized being part of a group to fight for the common good is something desirable, and thus became an important member in the Rebel Alliance. The Alliance decided to deploy you to help clear up this war as well. Only you can decide which of the participants you want to support.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Hiding USER's ITEM in the Millennium Falcon" The specified Item will be safe inside of the Falcon's secret smuggling compartment and thus nobody will be able to steal it. In the event that the Item's owner dies, you will keep the Item you were hiding for him.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Shooting USER first" You will draw your blaster and shoot before your target can do so, killing them.

'Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.'
Player:
Tricked Brain by modifiying his Role PM into a redirector one so he would be recruited fast. Worked reasonably well. After pretty much every Castro died, led them along with Jimbo. Actually believed Reinventing Axl Wolf. Deadtalked to 378 in the end, was disappointed by that but whatever, didn't end up mattering.

Role:
Actually, I retract my previous statement about Jules. This role is the worst of the game by far. I made it terrible by having to target a specific item name, I don't know what i was thinking. Could have been used as a pseudo thief effectively if he was just targeting people like normal roles. Yeah I fucked that one up, sorry. Ended up saving the oh-so-useful Microphone the Night StrangerDanger died. Was killed by MI6. What a waste, they thought he was Indiana Jones the thief by process of elimination.

29. Nevermind - Indiana Jones - moot - Batista Regime - Died in basketball accident Day Eleven

Role PM said:
Dear Nevermind,
You are Indiana Jones, the Adventurer.

Dr. Henry Jones Jr. - You go by this name when teaching archaeology at Barnett College, but in your free time, you are Indiana Jones, a noble treasure hunter clad in leather jacket, fedora hat. Your signature weapon is the bull whip, with which you are pretty adept. After the whole trouble with the Nazis during the search for the Holy Grail, you decided to take a little break and go on holiday in Havana, and now you are caught up in the middle of a Revolution. It's up to you to decide which side you support.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Hunting USER's treasure" You will invade your target's residence and avoid all of their traps to obtain all items they are currently sheltering.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Bullwhipping USER" You will whip your target over and over again, killing them.

'What do you think is going on here? Since I've met you I've nearly been incinerated, drowned, shot at and chopped into fish bait. We're caught in the middle of something sinister here. '
Player:
Got nearly subbed out for idling in the first two Nights, but after that got a bit more active. Stole the cigars from StrangerDanger and then was recruited and did nothing but obeying orders. Victim of the basketball move by Kobe Bryant. Had been looked for by the furious MI6 for ages as he stole all their shit, but for some reason was confused with Deadwing.

Role:
Slowest thief, but oh boy. Stole at least 5-6 items, I didn't keep track of items so i can't tell you but wow, definitely the most valuable role of the Batista Regime.

24. London Calling - Horatio Caine - thunda - MI6 - Killed Night Eleven

Role PM said:
Dear London Calling,
You are Horatio Caine, the Crime Scene Investigator.

You are a forensic analyst working as a day shift supervisor in the Miami-Dade crime lab. You are fond of witty one liners after which you usually put on your sunglasses of justice and gaze into the sky, while a mysterious voice screams YEEEEEEEEEEEAH. You are merciless towards criminals, but very protective of the team and the victims, especially if children are involved in the case. During your vacation in Cuba, war broke out. It is now up to you to decide which of the sides you support.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Performing forensic investigation on USER's murder" By the end of the night, you will have found traces of the murderer's DNA. After comparing it to the MDPD databases, you will discover the murderer's Role Name and Faction.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Arresting USER under the suspicion of murder" You will have your targeted arrested by the Miami-Dade Police Department, effectively killing them.

You are in possession of the Handcuffs. Whilst holding the Handcuffs, you my send a PM during the Night entitled "Locking up USER1 and USER2" During the next Night, both users will be informed of this. These users will be forced to target the same user with their Night Actions, and vote for the same user in the Day Lynch thereafter. If they cannot make an agreement or choose to ignore the lock, they will be kept in Lock. Only after they successfully cooperated for one Day and one Night, they will cease being locked up. You may not use this power on the Night your targets are locked up.

'You just killed four innocent people, you're evil, you enjoy death, I hope you enjoy your own.'
Player:
Hilariously false claimed to Mekkah and trolled him pretty much most of the early game until he got recruited. He and Mekkah planned a lot of fucking stuff an ended up being very succesful while doing so, unfortunately too succesful as everyone backstabbed them all over the place. One of the best and most enthusiastic players, as well. Was killed by Earthworm of the Batista Regime, which infuriated him pretty much.

Role:
The single most important role in the game, it was vital for victory. MI6 might as well have given up at the point he died.

45. To the Extreme - Hyman Roth - Earthworm - Batista Regime - Killed Night Eleven

Role PM said:
Dear To the Extreme,
You are Hyman Roth, the Jewish Crime Boss.

On the outside, you appear to be a normal middle-class Jew approaching old age. In reality, you are the leader of the Jewish Mob. Having allied yourself with Fulgencio Batista, you are now in charge of the majority of the gambling scene in Cuba. You want revenge, however. The Corleone Family is responsible for the murder of your old friend and associate Moe Greene. You pretend to be friendly towards Michael Corleone and invited him to join your island empire, but in reality you are out to kill him. You are using this war as an opportunity to subtly get rid of the Corleone Family. You have informed Batista that they are not to be trusted, so he agreed to take care of them along with Castro's rebels. You and the Jewish Mob will be his main means of reconnaissance, so it is up to you whether your plans succeed or fail.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Having Jewish Mob spy on USER" You will order your contacts all over the island to track your target, and by the end of the Night you have received a report about their identity and abilities.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Sending assassins to USER's bedroom" You will send a squad of elite assassins to assault your target's bedroom, killing them.

You are the current Vice President of the Batista Regime. Whilst in this position, you will take over your faction in the event of your President's death.

The Moon & Antarctica – Fulgencio Batista – President
Revolver – Francisco Scaramanga – Minister of Defence

'Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel. '
Player:
Earthworm the idiot did a pretty poor job leading his team after Gmax died, LightWolf had to read ALL of the insect's logs to catch up and lead the team properly. He did a good job with the Hobo Joe situation, though. Was involved in the fake Freelancer alliance, which was pretty terrible. Also randomly stealth lynched Amelia which was amusing, made most people think he was mayor. I don't know why but he seemed a bit airheaded this game, I expected better.

Role:
Standard inspector, got some good stuff along the way, like Frances. Also found out that Lincoln was a neutral by a very late inspection. I resumed writing the postgame after about a months of pause here, so from the point on it's pretty likely i forgot about some stuff, sorry.

06. Bat Out of Hell - Borat Sagdiyew - Doomsday - MI6 - Killed Night Eleven

Role PM said:
Dear Bat Out of Hell,
You are Borat Sagdiyew, the Kazahk Journalist.

You are a famed journalist from the backwater country of Kazahkstan that has been married approximately 138 times. Your hobbies include sunbathing, hunting Jews and gypsies , ping-pong and you particularly enjoy sexy time. Your documentary about the U.S. and A. was a 'great success', so you were sent to Cuba by the Kazahk government to make another one.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Making documentary film about USER's home country" Your target will be infuriated by your report, so all his Night Actions will be redirected to yourself. You may not make a documentary film about the same user's home country twice in a row.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Sending bear to rip USER into pieces" You will deploy your producer Azamat's pet bear to track your target and rip it into pieces, killing them.

As you do not master the English language very well, you are required to formulate your posts in broken English with grammatical errors. If you do not do so, you will not be able to make a documentary film about a user's home country the following Night and your vote will be void for the following Day.

'My country send me to United States to make movie-film. Please, come and see my film. If it not success, I will be execute. '
Player:
lol. Told Mekkah his role on n0 and expected to be recruited, but Mekkah accidentally had him kidnapped, stalling the whole deal for a great amount of time. For some reason I don't remember people thought this was Mekkah for some time, but it didn't make any sense because of the obvious posting restriction. Started lynches and pretended to be MI6 for most of the game while actually being a Freelancer. Was recruited as the very last Freelancer along with Kinneas late into the game, died soon thereafter.

Role:
Uterly useless, has idled every single night he was alive. I gave this to Doomsday because I knew he'd have fun with the restriction, which he evidently did. Contestant for the worst role in the game.

22. In Rock - Harry Callahan - Eo Something - M-26-7 - Killed Night Eleven

Role PM said:
Dear In Rock,
You are Harry Callahan, the Dirty Cop.

You do not know any boundaries when it comes to doing your job. You have your own vision of justice and do not shy away from killing for it. You are a cop, but you do not approve of the bureaucratic system behind the police. Your superiors disapprove of your actions, but at least you get the job done. It is up to you to decide which faction you support in this war. One of them will bring justice for sure.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Torturing confession out of USER" You will shoot your target in the leg and apply pressure on it with your foot, sending them into a world of pain, until they confess their Faction to you. As it was obtained through illegal means, you cannot charge them for the crimes they admitted under torture, but at least you will have gained vital knowledge.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Do you feel lucky, USER?" You will hold your trademark speech before shooting your target into the chest, killing them.

'I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' But to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?'
Player:
Outed Lesm46 as a Freelancer fairly early on, which caused the death of Amelia on Day One. Got added to the Freelancer Alliance by claiming to imperfectluck, then to Moviemiento, causing some others of the Freelancer Alliance to get recruited by Fidel as well. Alliance checked Lightwolf to cause the only role copy he ever did.

Role:
Standard alliance checker, pretty handy role although nothing extraordinary. People didn't think such a Freelacner would exist, causing them to think he was on a starting faction as true inspector for most of the game.

09. Crimson King - Abraham Lincoln - Captain Kirby - Neutral - Got revenge and succumbed to SARS Night Eleven

Role PM said:
Dear Crimson King,
You are Abraham Lincoln, the President.

You are the greatest of the forty-four Presidents of the United States of America. You successfully led the country through its greatest internal conflict, the American Civil War. Through your Emancipation Proclamation, you introduced measures promoting the abolishment of slavery. After having retired, you now reside in Cuba and enjoy the life. But now that war broke out, you are ready to take up the arms once more and fight. It is up to you to decide whom you support.

As a former President, you crave being re-elected. If you ever happen to be lynched during the day, you will not die but turn into the president instead. As the president, you are unable to be killed at night or lynched during the day. The life of a president is dangerous and you are known to have been assassinated in real life. This will also occur in this game as well, but you will not be told when this when in advance. The assassination cannot be prevented.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Shooting USER with laser eyes" Your target will be scorched by laser shots from your eyes; only a pile of ash will remain. You are Abraham Fucking Lincoln, nobody fucks with you and you can do anything.

You are in possession of the Macho Brace. Whilst holding the Macho Brace, your priority is severely lowered, but in turn, your vote during the Day is definitive and cannot be tampered with.

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.'
Role PM said:
Dear Crimson King,
You are now Abraham Lincoln, the Infected.

Yesterday, while getting your prostate checked at the hospital, you have been discovered to have SARS. You were supposed to be put into quarantine, but you escaped. You have different plans. You lost your old ability through the infection. The doctor said your body is unable to be cured, so you decided to get revenge before you succumb to the disease. You will be living for 4 more Nights.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Coughing at USER" This will pass on the disease to the user in question. Whoever this guy targets from now on will also be infected with SARS. People who target an infected user get infected, as well. A user infected with SARS dies within 4 Nights if he does not take the time to go to the hospital during that time. Going to the hospital will cure the user of SARS, but he will be unable to act during this night.

You are currently Infected. As an Infected man you are not eligible to joining any faction. You fight for revenge now, your only ally is yourself.

You are indifferent toward the victor of this struggle. You win if the whole game has been infected with SARS before you succumb to the disease.

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.'
Player:
The Cap'n figured that his role is pretty good late game but sucks balls early so he didn't actually bother getting recruited and claimed to be on a faction. He di this so long that he turned into the last freelancer and thus also the neutral guy. He managed to infect everyone on the Night he'd have died through a good move, he had multiple people recruit him in one Night which caused a chain reaction of infections. Well played.

Role (Early):
That one was supposed to be some sort of joker role, one that was supposed to induce a little wtf moment if he was ever to e lynched, which unfortunately never happened. After being lynched, he would have been turned into a unkill- and unlynchable user (albeit with an exposed alias) for the following three cycles, after which he'd die. This could have been deadly late game, but alas, it didn't happen. He was inspected twice, once very early, causing him to lose all of his surprise effect (and his item, which was just a filler on him, Jackal didn't know where else to put it so we figured to give it to him as he didn't have a Nightrole anyway).

Role (End):
One of Jackal's contributions. I toyed with the idea of having two wolves, with the last freelancer turning into one, but Jackal thought that was too much with which I agreed in the end. We both don't like the useless or harmless neutrals, so he came up with this one, moderately harmful to everyone, not game disrupting, just in to cause some end game confusion and panic, which he did in the end. This role could have been literally everyone in the game as the last Freelancer alive would turn into it. It didn't take much skill to win, I'll agree to that, but I think it was a nice touch. You'd have to have had pretty bad luck being the only non recruited guy in the end anyway, so I think an "easy" win was justified.

01. 2112 - Léon - Da Letter El - Corleone Family - Lynched Day Twelve

Role PM said:
Dear 2112,
You are Léon, the Professional.

You are a hitman or 'cleaner' as you prefer it. You have performed your first hit out of revenge at age nineteen, and it has shaped you. You live a solitary life in Little Italy and work for Tony, a mafioso and the proprietor of the Supreme Macaroni Company. Your best and only friend is a houseplant, it's always happy and asks no question. You thought you would be alone, consumed by your work, till the end of your life. Until you met Mathilda, that is...

Mathilda, your protege is your partner in this game. She will be acting under the Alias Siamese Dream. She is the only person that loves you and cares for you, and you won't have anyone hurt her. Should, at any point in time, Mathilda be mortally wounded, you will share your alias with her Smogon user. If you are ever to be recruited, Mathilda will automatically join the same faction you were recruited into.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x - You know the ring trick, USER?" You will surprise your target with a concealed hand-grenade, blowing them up and killing them.

'I took a hit. I need a hand now. I know she's young, but she learns fast. Kids need to be shaped into something right? '
Player:
El didn't really do much except tag along with Jedil and the "doomed" Italians, both were randomly recruit by Avatar during Night Zero after having previously claimed to Gmax.

Role:
We wanted to have two friendly twins and two evil twins. These were the friendly ones, they were basically a disjoined mayor that turned into a mayor after death. Nothing special, but the higher number of votes did make a difference in the end. I guess.

37. Roger the Engineer - Sir Miles Messervy - Mekkah - MI6 - Lynched Day Thirteen

Role PM said:
Dear Roger the Engineer,
You are Sir Miles Messervy, the Head Of MI6.

You are M, the head of MI6. You are a serious man, not tolerating Bond's attics and lacking any kind of sense of humour. You are tough and strict, not hesitating to take away Bond's license to kill after some misbehaviour. But you have bent the rules for him before, for example when the Soviets brainwashed him to assassinate you. In this war, you command MI6 to take care of the internationally infamous assassin Francisco Scaramanga, who happens to be working for the Batista Regime. As a result, you decided to liberate Cuba from both the dictator and the potential liberators.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Employing USER1 [and USER2]" If these users are Freelancers, they will be made new Agents of MI6. In the event that an eligible Freelancer is targeted by 2 or more Employments, all of them will fail. Should you target a already aligned person, your Employment will also fail. You will be notified about the success of your action. You may only recruit 3 users within 2 nights.

As the leader of MI6, you own some special privileges. You are impervious to Night Kills during Nights 1 and 2.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Sending USER to British state prison" Your target will be sent to a high security prison in the United Kingdom, effectively killing them.

You are the current Head of MI6. Whilst in this position, you may appoint a new Delegate. This user will take over your faction in the event of your death and inherits the Employment power. You are also able to appoint the current 00 Agent, who will be responsible for your teams kills. The Queen is Dead is the current 00 Agent. To change these, you may post in the dedicated thread in the Vauxhall Cross Headquarters, your faction's subforum, which you also manage, during the day.

Blackfield – Major Boothroyd – Delegate
The Queen Is Dead – James Bond – 00 Agent

'This isn't a personal vendetta, 007. It's an assignment, like any other. And if you can't treat it as such, coldly and objectively, 008 can replace you.'
Player:
As I am writing this (December 27th) I have already forgotten a lot of stuff Mekkah has done, so bear with me if this paragraph turns out to be shorter to be expected. He amassed a large pile of logs in very little amount of time early game, talking to basically everyone and, if I recall correctly, even fooling some to be freelancer early one. His log output really seemed machine-like to me, like, if I went to lay an egg for five minutes there'd be 12 new logs in their log thread. He also made up cool stuff like the Operation Jackal plan where they claimed Jackal was wolf and stuff like that. Their IRC channel was fun to attend since it was active and busy all the time and it had fun conversation regarding mafia and non mafia topics, good atmosphere,. Unfortunately his faction was focused on a lot by the enemy factions, causing him to lose, which seemed to be beyond his control, however. Only blunder he made was not using shades power in that one fateful Night,

Role:
Standard leader role, probably had the best starting team (and arguably also overall) team player wise.

04. Animals - The Batman - Jimbo - M-26-7 - Killed Night Thirteen

Role PM said:
Dear Animals,
You are Batman, the Dark Knight.

You are the caped crusader, a vigilante who fights for justice in Gotham City. When not fighting for justice, you are Bruce Wayne, a millionaire playboy. You witnessed the murder of your parents as a child, which inspired you to fight criminals. Caught in the middle of a revolution, only you can decide who you want to help in this war.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Restraining USER in the Batcave" You will tie your target up and hide it in the deepest chamber of the Batcave. While restrained, a user is unable to perform or be targeted by any Night Action. He is essentially dead, except for the fact he comes back later. This confinement lasts for 3 Nights and 3 Days. If you are to die during this period, the restrained user in the Batcave will die of starvation, as well. You may only restrain one user at a time.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Striking USER with batarang" You will strike your target with your trademark batarangs, injuring them so heavily that they have to rest in the hospital for several months, effectively killing them.

'They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the Night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me.'
Player:

Jimbo didn't take no for an answer and claimed alias and role to no less than three factions, making sure to mention that the people he kidnaps die if he is killed. Kidnapped Doomsday during Night 1 on Mekkah's orders. He was recruited by Brain quite early, but was to be pushed around action-wise for a large portion of the earlygame until Mekkah ordered him to kidnap Brain. He responded by kidnapping thunda instead, and kept on kidnapping MI6 all the way to the end. Vote-wise, he got bothered all the time as well, especially since his vote worth was doubled with the Suitcase he held for a while. Ended up roadkilled by the last MI6 member, though. A fitting death.

Role:

A kidnapper that keeps people in his place for a set amount of time. A great asset for lategame, since it effectively hooks, silences and takes someone with you if you are killed. As mentioned before, he had a thing for kidnapping (future) MI6 agents.

47. Tubular Bells - Jack Dawkins - askaninjask - MI6 - Died of starvation Night Thirteen

Role PM said:
Dear Tubular Bells,
You are Jack Dawkins, the Artful Dodger.

You are a young but respectable criminal. Trained by Master Fagin, you worked yourself to the top and are now the leader of a gang of child criminals. You may be short for your age, but you still have the airs and manners of a man. All in all, you are a young swaggering gentleman and the best thief in all of the Commonwealth. Hopefully, you will become useful to someone in this war.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Picking USER's pocket" You will sneak up to your target and swiftly steal their wallet, causing you to receive all items they might be possessing at the time of the larceny.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Pushing USER into the sewers" You will follow your target and push them into a manhole when they aren't paying attention, killing them.

In all of your posts in the main forums, you are required to include at one expression in rhyming slang. If you fail to do so, you will be unable to pick a user's pocket the following night and your vote will be void the following day.

'Listen, kid. I hate to break it to ya, but the dynamic duo is now the dynamic uno.'
Player:

One of the greatest misconceptions about Viva la Mafia is that cookie played in it. This is false; askaninjask subbed in for Carl at a very late point in the game. Carl got himself recruited into MI6 by mentioning to Mekkah that he knew a Freelancer bodyguard's alias (this being Bass), and proceeded to steal the Macho Brace from CaptKirby to use it for the Bracehook plan. Alas, he was blocked by Scaramanga after a second round of Bracehooking, then stole nothing useful for the rest of the game. Contracted SARS and was destined to die to it in the Batcave no matter what happened. Also, Carl misread the spreadsheet and reported that aamto had already been stolen from, which was in fact not true. This effectively saved the Cadillac for the Corleone Family.

Role:

Highest priority thief. Posting restriction was no problemo for any of the players involved.
20. Hotel California - Kobe Byrant - Stallion - Corleone Family - Killed Night Thirteen

Role PM said:
Dear Hotel California,
You are Kobe Bryant, the Black Mamba.

You are the king of Los Angeles, on and off the court, and pretty much run the city, especially since Shaq left. Through rape allegations and some pretty miserable seasons post-Shaq in L.A., you have risen to the top and finally won a Ring without the help of the Diesel. Now you are his equal, yet he still tries to outdo you by pursuing external goals including being a University graduate and fighting in the WWE. And you don't like that. Now you plan to be a secret ally to one of the factions vying for Cuba. You do not really care which, as the only reason you are doing this is because you heard Shaq is doing the same.

Your main goal in this game is to eliminate Shaquille O'Neal. You have had enough of his shenanigans and you figure that killing him is the only way to shut him up for good. Accomplishing this feat may have its own reward aside from personal satisfaction. Needless to say, you cannot be recruited to the same team as Shaq.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Slam-dunking USER" You will throw this user into a basketball hoop, breaking their bones and killing them.

'Everyting negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.'
New Power said:
Once in the game, you may send a pm "Day X - FIBA World Championship USER" This will cancel this day's lynch, and the user whom you are playing this day will die instead of the proposed lynch target.
Player:

The only man to claim to the MYSTERIOUS VOICE, which in friendly terms could be called risky. Ended up in the Freelancer alliance, which meant half the game knew what he was pretty quickly. When imperfectluck noticed he would die, he gave Jedil access to his subforum and blocked out everyone else, which made Stallion part of the extremely limited club of successfull Corleone recruits. Ended up killing his archrival darkie and giving the Batista Regime basketballphobia for the rest of their lives.

Role:

See darkie.

35. Revolver - Francisco Scaramanga - Flounder - Batista Regime - Killed Night Thirteen

Role PM said:
Dear Revolver,
You are Francisco Scaramanga, the Man With The Golden Gun.

Scaramanga. The man with the golden gun. The best assassin in the whole world, charging one million dollars per hit. The best marksman in the whole world, never having needed more than one golden bullet to take out your target. Curiously, you have three nipples, though. Over the last decade, you have become a long time associate of Batista, who is one of your primary employers. After some trouble in the UK last year, the British secret service is out to get you and sent a small group of elite spies to Cuba to work against Batista's regime and take care of you. Now, revolution broke out, but you do not think Castro stands any chance. You will be supporting Batista during this war, and hopefully avoid being killed by MI6.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Sheltering" Doing this will protect your entire team from Night Roles other than kills for a single night. Use this move wisely, as it can only be performed once in the whole game.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Shooting USER through the right eye" You will pierce your target's brain with a single bullet, killing them.

You are in possession of the Golden Gun. Whilst holding the Golden Gun, you are unstoppable. Any role that might stop you from using your Night Action will fail if you are in possession of this item.

You are the current Minister of Defence of the Batista Regime. Whilst in this position, you have the proper authority to carry out an assassination during the Night.

The Moon & Antarctica – Fulgencio Batista – President
To the Extreme – Hyman Roth – Vice-President

'You work for peanuts, a hearty well done from her Majesty the Queen and a pittance of a pension. Apart from that we are the same. To us, Mr Bond, we are the best.'
Player:

Flounder was a man with a bad reputation of being a fuckup. The Batista Regime famously made a post in their role PM thread on N0 praying that the last man not be Flounder. Turns out Flounder didn't do too badly after all! He was involved in planning early on, and was active right until he died. He made himself useful and proved that he could actually go a whole game without fucking up, and redeemed himself slightly.

Role:
His role was the second best of the one-timers. It had the potential to cause a lot of roles to fail on the night it was used, and it would have succeeded on a grand scale if not for certain fuckups. As it was he made an already bad night for the MI6 even worse, by stopping an inspection, a hook, and most notably a theft of theirs which would have continued their brilliant Bracehook cycle. He should also have stopped an inspection and an alliance check performed by the Castros but nvm.

46. Toys in the Attic - Thomas Magnum - Kinneas - MI6 - Killed Night Thirteen

Role PM said:
Dear Toys in the Attic,
You are Thomas Magnum, the Private Investigator.

You are a former Navy SEAL, now working as private investigator. Your drink of choice is Düsseldorf Altbier, which indicates that you are a wise man. You live like every man dreams. You work only when you want, drive a Ferrari and live on an island paradise. The island you are now living on is not that much of a paradise though. War broke out and you got to do your best to stop it. Now it's time for you to take sides.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Performing private investigation on USER" You will perform a private investigation on the specified user, causing you to find out his Role Title (e.g. "the Private Investigator").

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Running over USER with Ferrari 308 GTS" You will hit and run your target with your Ferrari, killing them.

'There are times you know the worst has happened without anyone telling you. My heart was racing, my palms were beginning to sweat. I knew my Nightmare was beginning again. Only this time, I was wide awake.'
Player:

Kinneas subbed in for the idle SEO. Almost right after, twash and Mekkah set up some sort of school play that made it seem like Mekkah was a recruiter that was still considering recruiting twash and Kinneas (when twash had been recruited Night Zero). Due to his weak role, he was persuaded to contact IPL so that he could get himself added to the Freelancer alliance. This was a success, and MI6 obtained all the role PMs within. He subsequently voted with the team every time, though he clearly didn't really follow the game, causing him to be thoroughly confused when he was the last MI6 alive at the end.

Role:

Weak inv

26. Medulla - Gregory House - Andenken - Batista Regime - Killed Night Fifteen

Role PM said:
Dear Medulla,
You are Gregory House, the Maverick Genius.

You are a cynical and narcissistic misanthrope, but you can surely afford it. You are a maverick medical genius leading a team of diagnosticians in the Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. You suffer chronic pain in your leg and are addicted to Vicodine because of this. One truly could consider you a medical Sherlock Holmes. You were on Cuba to diagnose a mysterious patient when the war broke out. Only you can decide which side you support.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Ordering team to perform emergency surgery on USER" You and your team will be on standby and waiting to save your target's life in the even that it is threatened. Your target will be notified that his life was saved. You may not perform surgery on yourself.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Lambasting USER with walking cane" You will sneak up to your target and repeatedly bash their head using your walking cane, killing them.

'It's a basic truth of the human condition, that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. The weird thing about telling someone they're dying is that, it tends to focus their priorities. Find out what matters to them. What they're willing to die for... What they're willing to lie for.'
Player: Didn't do much at first, got inspected by Earthworm and then Name Checked by porygon3, after a quick phone call Earthworm confirmed things with him. The recruit on him failed initially thanks to the Brace Hook, still got recruited into the batista even after getting alliance checked while still being freelancer. Saved a life and made up the fake where if he dies the hospital that cures people from CK's disease get's closed.

Role: The weakest Bodyguard being not able to self protect, but his target would discover if he was target by a killing role or not, situational but better than nothing.

17. Freak Out! - Al Neri - aamto - Corleone Family - Killed Night Fifteen

Role PM said:
Dear Freak Out!,
You are Al Neri, the Caporegime.

A former police officer with a fierce temper and ruthless outbreaks of rage, you were charged for manslaughter and were sent into prison. Tom Hagen considered you a suitable replacement for the recently deceased Luca Brasi, the Corleone Family's feared enforcer. Starting off as a normal Soldier, you quickly took over your whole Regime and soon thereafter became Michael Corleone's de facto Underboss. You are fiercely loyal and carry out the most challenging jobs for the Corleone Family. You currently reside in Cuba with Michael and Tom Hagen and are stuck in the middle of the Cuban revolution.

At night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Mobilizing Regime" Doing this will increase your whole factions Night Action priority by a substantial amount. Make good use of this power, as you are only able to perform it once in the whole game.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Strangling USER with wire" You will sneak up on your target and strangle them with a thin metal wire, killing them.

You are in possession of the Cadillac. Whilst holding the Cadillac, you are impervious to Night Kills. If you ever happen to be killed while holding the Cadillac, the assailant will drive off with it, leaving you unscratched, but without the Item.

You are the current Enforcer of the Corleone Family. Whilst in this position, you have the proper authority to carry out an assassination during the Night.

Strawberry Jam – Michael Corleone – Don
Emergency & I – Tom Hagen – Consigliere

'Look! I'd love to smack Joey Zasa and then whack the bag, Okay? But it's impossible. He's always mingling with people. In front of TV cameras, in his own neighbourhood, it's impossible. '
Player:
aamto wasn't very enthusiastic about the game because of the unfortunate Hobo Joe Incident, which is completely understandable. On top of that, the Jackal Incident made him lose all his faith in the existence of a God, so he just idled all game and randomly used his power late in the game, causing Earthworms protection to be pierced. After the italians suddenly were in the spot light again and had a fair chance of winning, his interest reappeared and he considered all possibilities with Jedil and planned, causing the team to win in the end.

Role:
One of the three wildcards. Very useful item, very situational role. For some reason noone took his item even though everyone knew he had it, they just assumed it was moved while it really wasn't. Jackal said this was the strongest of the wildcards but I think it was the second worst, after Guevara, who was clearly worse. It was put to decent use though as it helped take down E.T.I..

32. Out of Time - Camilo Cienfuego - Mr 378 - M-27-6 - Lynched Day Sixteen

Role PM said:
Dear Out of Time,
You are Camilo Cienfuegos, the Hero of Yaguajay.

Raised in an anarchist family, you were not satisfied with the Batista Regime. You joined underground organisations against the dictator and soon thereafter were wounded by a gunshot in a popular protest, causing you to leave the country and travel to the USA. When your residence permit expired, you were forced to move to Mexico, where you met Fidel Castro who was currently preparing the fight against Batista. You quickly rose in ranks as a successful military commander, causing you to gain the title 'Hero of Yaguajay', among others. You practise loyalty like a religion and are going to fight till the very end.

At Night, you may send a PM entitled "NIGHT x – Receiving information about USER from sympathisers" You have very influential sympathisers all over the island. You will call all of them, and by the end of the Night you will have gathered information about your target's identity and abilities.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Placing bomb under USER's car" Your target's car will detonate in a devastating explosion, killing them.

You are the current Comandante of Movimiento 26 de Julio. Whilst in this position, you will take over your faction in the event of your Líder's death.

Ziggy Stardust – Fidel Castro – Jefe
Blackwater Park – Ernesto Guevara – Capitán

'The rebel army is the people in uniform.'
Player:
Mr 378 was an active player, who performed most, if not all of the Castro kills (I couldn't be fucked checking) and was instrumental in the lategame success of the Castros. He cleverly idled at the perfect moment, giving the Castros a 50-50 chance of walking away as victors of Viva La Mafia. Unfortunately, cyzir picked Jedil the Corleone, leaving 378's efforts unrewarded. Good job in the end nevertheless.

Role:
Standard inspector, found nothing too significant. Inspected things like CK's initial role, darkie the basketballer and Flounder the night his role was used.
23. Lights - Grigori Rasputin - cyzir visheen - Batista Regime - Lynched Day Seventeen

Role PM said:
Dear Lights,
You are Grigori Rasputin, the Black Monk.

Faith healer, psychic, mentalist, visionary. You are all of this. You were sent to a Monastery as a penance for theft as an adolescent, where you had a vision of the Mother of God, which cause you to become the man you are now. You are a friend of the Tsar and have become a great influence, both personal and political, to him and his family. Now living on Cuba, you are ready to offer your services in this revolution. It is up to you to decide to whom.

During the day, you may send a PM entitled "DAY X – Seeing USER's destiny" This user will be forced to submit their next Night Action during that very Day. You will be shown his Night Action's target by the start of the Night.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Cursing USER" You will use your special powers as a mystic to inflict severe pain to this user, killing them.

'God has seen your tears and heard your prayers. Fear not, the child will not die.'
Player:
Cyzir Visheen's role was known to both the MI6 and Batista on Night 0. The first peson he told his role to was Fishin, who apparently outright rejected him. Gmax then approached him, and made a deal with him to recruit him on Night 6. Until then he was a fellow traveller of the Batista faction, using his ability as instructed by them. After LightWolf and Earthworm's deaths, he took on the mantle of leader, and was quite successful until the very end, doing a fair job of putting his faction in a winning position. It was not to be, as bad internet stopped him changing his night actions to ones that would have sealed victory for the Batista Regime. In the end he got to choose who won Viva La Mafia, and chose Jedil the Italian over 378 the Castro. Solid play overall.

Role:
A role that hadn't really been well thought out, and needed to be fleshed out some more. The Batista Regime intended to use it as a hooker by getting the PM sent minutes before the end of the day, but it was decided that this would be too broken, so I decided that his PM must be sent in before I left for school. This caused his action to fail once. This role came in handy once or twice.

38. Siamese Dream - Mathilda Lando and the Plant- Jedil/Da Letter El - Corleone Family - Victorious on Day Seventeen

Role PM said:
Dear Siamese Dream,
You are Mathilda Lando, the Rookie.

Your entire family was murdered by a drug-addicted, corrupt policeman, you were the only survivor as you were out to shopping. You barely escaped death, escaping to your neighbour Léon's flat. And this is when your life changed. You discovered your neighbour to be a professional hitman, and you decided to adopt this lifestyle as well. The only problem with that is that you are 12 years old. You kind of forced Léon, who is a lonely hermit, to teach you. And you fell for him, creating a very awkward relationship.

Léon, your teacher and object of infatuation is your partner in this game. He will be acting under the Alias 2112. You deeply care for him and he is the only person left in this world for you. Should, at any point in time, Léon be mortally wounded, you will share your alias with his Smogon user. If you are ever to be recruited, Léon will automatically join the same faction you were recruited into.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Sniping USER" You will shoot your target with a sniper rifle, killing them.

'I don't give a shit about sleeping, Leon. I want love, or death. That's it.'
Role PM said:
Dear Siamese Dream and former 2112,
You are now Mathilda Lando, the Lonely.

Your entire family was murdered by a drug-addicted, corrupt policeman, you were the only survivor as you were out to shopping. You barely escaped death, escaping to your neighbour Léon's flat. And this is when your life changed. You discovered your neighbour to be a professional hitman, and you decided to adopt this lifestyle as well. The only problem with that is that you are 12 years old. You kind of forced Léon, who is a lonely hermit, to teach you. And you fell for him, creating a very awkward relationship.

After Léon has fallen in this war, you took the plant, his most precious possession. You also have his spiritual support, he lives on in your mind. This support strenghens you and grants you an additional vote. You will not rest until you avenged your lover.

You are in possession of the Plant. It has great emotional value for you, but it doesn't do anything. You may pass it around like a normal item, but it has no effect whatsoever. If another users receives this item, he will be told it possess unknown powers.

You also gained two different choices of kill flavour now.

In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Sniping USER" You will shoot your target with a sniper rifle, killing them. You might alternatively send a pm entitled "NIGHT x - You know the ring trick, USER?" You will surprise your target with a concealed hand-grenade, blowing them up and killing them.

You are currently a Soldato. An Soldato does not possess any additional powers. Your Don may entitle you a different position if deemed worthy.

'I think we'll be ok here, Leon.'
Player:
The only constantly active Italian, led a vendetta against the Regime because of the Hobo Joe Incident. Somehow managed to be used by multiple factions as a tool at the same time, but never really firmly allying to any, which made him win in the end. People severely underestimated him because they thought he was stupid as fuck, which one could arguably debate for, but in the end, he seemed to be better than expected since he figured out what to do in the end. Unexpected victory by unexpected player, congratulations.

Role:
We wanted to have two friendly twins and two evil twins. These were the friendly ones, they were basically a disjoined mayor that turned into a mayor after death. Nothing special, but the higher number of votes did make a difference in the end. Also had the gimmick item Plant that didn't do anything. He never even gave it away, though.

Awards:

Best Escalator:
Mr. Escalator
There was hard competition between Mr. Esc and escalator_dude, but Mr Esc just managed to snatch it for his gracious performance on Night One. Congratulations!

Overall Least Valuable Player:
Hobo_Joe
Yeah. No contest on that one. There ain't much I haven't said already 'bout this guy, so I'll just leave it at that.
Shameful mention for stoo who commited dead talk and told 378 about the Cigars and Jedil's Mayor ability in the very end of the game. Don't do that ever again you dickmuncher.

Most Hilarious Mistakes:
MI6
- Revolver must be pookar, nobody else would possibly post "fucking ray charles"
- Were pretty insistant that To the Extreme cannot possibly be Earthworm and that he must be Nevermind
- Discovering something was fishy about moi, locking him out of their forum only to let him back in a day later
- After Doomsday had claimed having to post in broken english and doing such a post, Mekkah didn't notice and had Jimbo kidnap him.
Honourable mention to Amelia for ignoring the syntax which lead to his death.

Least Valuable Team:
The Corleone Family
Yeah, they won. Big deal. Did nothing at all for most of the game, over half of their kills failed, were inactive as fuck and didn't contribute much to the game in general. People underestimated them, which ultimately made them win.

Most Stupid Action:
Jimbo
Claimed to three faction early in the game for pretty much no reason, and even told them his target would die if he held them and listened to their commands at first, too. This was pretty suicidal, although nobody ever killed him for that, he got lucky there. Don't feel to bad about this though, you played decent later in the game.

Best WTF moment:
Brain not being recruiter
Through hilarious coincidences, Brain and Shiv managed to get people confused as to who is Freelancer and who is Recruiter. While it didn't make much of a difference in the end, this was still a pretty confusing event for most people.

Most Underrated Player:
LightWolf
This guy is a beast, he read about two weeks worth of logs when he was recruited to be able to sufficiently lead his team. He must have been angry as fuck when he died like one or two days later, all the effort was in vain. Pretty good moves and no mistakes with that one, keep playing like this.
Honourable mention to Gmax, he is a well-known player and most people knew he was good already, but I do think this game solidified his position as one of the best players pretty well.

Best Gimmick:
Outlaw
Ohhhww, baby!
Honourable mention to to thunda for including a Horatio Caine joke in every single PM he sent. YEEEAAAAAH!
Another Honourable mention to Doomsday for his hilarious broken english posts, even though they were a posting restriction. This was funnier than I imagined!

Best Troll:
Frances the Mute
For those who don't know it already, he never posted a single word, never revealed who he was and only posted a shitload of pictures to express thoughts in the Moncada Subforum. Pretty good stuff, althought it must have been annoying for his team.

Best Use of Role:
Brain
Played Nostradamus perfectly, very creative and fresh approach, did a lot of plans while he was alive too. Unfortunate victim of bad luck.
Honourable mention to moot who stole like 293203 things during the game.

Worst luck:
Movimiento 26 de Julio
Having recruited two of the best players and roles on Night Zero, I was sure they were going to get really really far. Unfortunately, they were brought down by inactivity of their own members except Brain (who had to send every single Night PM of the team several times) and really bad luck in being targeted. All of evan, Brain and Shiv died within a small time frame, none of them even made it to the midgame.
Honourable mention to the Batista Regime, all of my fuck ups were pretty much against them, that was kind of gay, apologizing again.

Best False Claim:
Andenken
He made up that Medulla was Gregory House and that the Hospital would close down upon his death. People were afraid to kill him because of this, which made their last Bodyguard live for a long time. He had Earthworm distribute this lie.
Honourable mentions to thunda, who claimed he was able to hook two people at once, but if your Night PM included a smilie, it wouldn't work. If he still has the PM me may post it, it was hilarious and after he claimed that to people I actually received PMs with smilies for a couple of Nights...
Another Honourable mention to shade, whose Mr. Pink PM was pretty rad.

Best Freelancer:
imperfectluck
Easily one of my favourite players this time around. Watching him play was hilarious, he played extremely aggressive for no other reason than that I told him we gave him this role to wreck havoc, which he did perfectly. It's a shame that he was lynched and didn't use his rogue power, him operating from death using the Mysterious Voice would have been the best thing ever, lol. His Freelancer alliance was bascicaly just a scheme to fuck as many Freelancers over as possible, which did work because Kinneas infiltrated it and sold all info to the MI6. Castro recruited themselves Eo to get all the info, don't recall how/if Batista got it. When it was obvious that he was going to die, ipl removed everyone's access and added Jedil for some reason. Italians owe him for this one because this is what made them get Stallion in the first place. Even though he technically lost, he is still a winner in my book!

Overall MVP:
Mekkah
Yeah. Mekkah was definitely the most enthusiastic player during this game, made millions of plans (none of which ever really got to fruition but whatever) and just played really really well. This guy was a machine, he pumped out about five interrogation logs an hour in the early game phase.
There were many people here who played very well, but most of them, like Gmax and Brain, died too early unfortunately. Mekkah definitely deserves this award, outstanding play. Too bad we still never have been allied. Also thanks for being the co-host after dying (took you long enough).
Honourable mention to thunda, who was extremely involved in the MI6 planning as well as maintaining Viva la Spreadsheet.

That's it. The following two posts contain comments by Gmax and Mekkah, who ,along with Lightwolf, helped me get this Postgame done.

Line of Gratitude: Thanks.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, the day Viva started, I opened my Smogon PMs and found the password to the account The Moon & Antarctica. After logging in and knowing the format of the game, I was shocked to see a secret forum led by The Moon & Antarctica. I hurried to read my role PM, and found that I was the leader of The Batista Regime, Fulgencio Batista, assisted by a Jewish mob boss, and the man with the golden gun. I didn't know who exactly I was dealing with though. Soon, Hyman Roth, my right hand, revealed himself to be Earthworm. After receiving this good news, we waited for our final member, who turned out to be Flounder. (much to our chagrin)

I received a decent number of alias claims during N0, and the best candidates appeared to be moi(fuck you moi), billymills, Jedil and imperfectluck. We didn't want a rogue, and while 2 recruits for the price of one was cool, we decided billymills would probably be a better man to have around, and his role would offer some sort of protection as well. So we recruited billymills and moi(fuck you moi), and decided to get Jedil later. Cyzir Visheen also revealed himself as the psychic, a useful role, but one we decided we would wait on him.

So when N0 ended we were recruiter/inspector/one-time mass-safeguard/reverse martyr/bastard. Once D1 rolled around, the mysterious old book's announcement and Eo's response had us convinced that Holy Fuck was a mafioso on an opposing team. So we had moi send in a private vote for him. Earthworm, anticipating Holy Fuck stealth lynching Virgin Killer, prepared for this eventuality, and counter stealth-lynched. Foolish Amelia could've helped out moi earlier and saved himself by voting right, but he fucked up, so that was that. In the meantime I convinced Porygon3(alias->Smogon name) to work with us, and he gave us Bass' alias: Rocket To Russia. Meanwhile, Earthworm was speaking to Shiv, whose freelancer alliance claim we believed, and trying to worm his way into the freelancer alliance. MrEsc told me that he could see what was n the graveyard and revealed the presence of the Manifesto, an item that upped the holder's recruitment priority, something highly useful this early in the game.

N1 began. The previous night's inspection, was Frances The Mute/Oddjob/BG/pro bastard. Earthworm had been in touch with him via PM and from his responses he appeared to be an intelligent player and we decided that a BG who was a good player would make a great recruit. Hobo Joe, Moot and Cookie all revealed themselves to be thieves to me. Moot and Hobo Joe gave their aliases though, while Cookie didn't. Earthworm decided to deceive the Corleones into thinking they were getting him, and that he was a thief. He gave them Hobo Joe's alias(Aftermath) as his own. Flounder picked up the Manifesto. Lightwolf told me that he had the chameleon ability and could explode any night and take 2 others with him. I didn't think this would be overly useful until he picked up an ability, though he did agree to work with me.

During Day 2, through a series of events, we obtained each and every Corleone alias and role up to that point. When I contacted Avatar, looking for an alliance, he appeared hostile, refusing to work with us, saying that they would lose for sure if Batista weren't killed off. We got P3's results on Images and Words who was darkie, whom we knew to be a basketballer. Imperfectluck got bored and decided to randomly lead a lynch on Lesm, who countervoted Mirage. For some reason this evoked a rain of votes on imperfectluck. Ipl asked us to save him, and in exchange for the alias and Smogon name of the other basketballer, we arranged a stealth lynch on Emergency & I, whom we knew to be Kannon, the Italian inspector. GTS, Jimbo, ipl, and moi(secretly) were involved. I also spoke to Bass, armed with his alias, and strongarmed his role out of him. He was a bodyguard who could self-protect. He also revealed that he had claimed both role and alias to Cookie. Flounder gave me the manifesto. Fishin approached me with an offer that would benefit both our factions greatly. He told me that he had recruited a silencer, and discovered a persuader. Since they could not co-exist on a team, he offered me the persuader to coordinate kills. We could not reach an agreement though, since I felt I was getting the short end of the stick with a guy who was just a sitting duck for the MI6 whenever they felt like killing him off. We would basically be guaranteeing ourselves second place by taking this deal. We also received inspection results on Medulla, who turned out to be ANOTHER BG, albeit weaker than the other 2 since he couldn't self protect. At this stage, we both saw Castro as the biggest threat, so we agreed to eliminate/weaken them before dealing with each other. We only had Mirage as a confirmed target though, so I left that to him.

Next night, we were faced with the options of recruiting Porygon3, Cyzir Visheen, Bass, and blue_light(the persuader). The situation with Bass was annoying. While he WAS a BG, one of the most valuable roles in the game, he was also exposed to another faction, which was recruiting him that night. If I recruited him, the manifesto would make him mine for sure, but he would surely be lynched or killed eventually by the faction he had claimed to. So we questioned him as to who had wanted to recruit him, and found out that it was cookie, which confirmed him as a recruited man, and sealed our future thief as Moot. We killed Bass, deciding to waste a factions' recruit, since we didn't want to be walking with 2 living dead (blue_light being the other one). Still not sure whether this was the right move. I made a deal with Cyzir to recruit him on Night 6, allowing us to recruit Porygon3 and blue_light. Porygon3 discovered that Medulla was Andenken, which was cool since Earthworm was p. much his only friend on IRC, aside from perhaps myself, so he would likely be an isolated man.

We were on a high going into Day 3, but this didn't last long. Billymills, who had been really useful so far for planning and keeping records was voted off by everyone because we were the faction with no deaths so far. No worries right? Yeah well that was just the beginning. The following night started with the arrival of a surprise package on my desk, that happened to contain the Macho Brace. Earthworm established contact with Andenken and we found that he had talked to no one, so we finally had a BG whom we could talk to (fucking Tooth ~_~). I was giving the Brace away to someone (I don't remember whom, cbf checking). We killed off Raikage since we surmised he would have revived Kannon, and we were right! Day 4 began with a nasty bang in the death of blue_light, ruining the silencer/persuader alliance with MI6. It also brought the death of one of the mysterious Castros, on whom we had NO information thus far. I found out my recruitment of Andenken failed because I had been hooked, and my pockets had apparently been picked as well. This was the MI6's Bracehook strategy, to give the Brace to me everyday, and hook/steal from me every night. Lightwolf also finally gave me his alias. On N4, we decided the Bracehook chain needed breaking So we decided to unleash Flounderise (mass safeguard). If it had gone through correctly, it would have blocked a steal, a hook, two inspections, and an alliance check. As it is it stopped the hook/steal on me (breaking Bracehook), and an inspection on Frances the BG. Big Flounder. We picked up Andenken and Moot, adding a BG and a thief to our ranks. dak told me once I died that during this night, we were the only ones to successfully recruit, which kinda made up for the shitty previous night. We also finally found out the deal with the book by inspecting Brain. To top it off P3 informed us that Ziggy Stardust was Shiv.

Brain got lynched the next day, since everyone agreed the Castros were too strong. The following night we decided to kill off Shiv, since we were sure he was on a faction by now, even if he hadn't been earlier, since he'd stopped talking. He turned out to be the last big Castro, so it was a good kill. I died as well though, and my team was left pretty much leaderless, since Earthworm had been rather inattentive, and all the info I'd gathered and pasted in the channel wasn't remembered by anyone. Thankfully though, Lightwolf saved the faction by delving into Earthworm's logs and reading EVERYTHING right from the beginning. Lightwolf you fucking monster, there is no one I am gladder to have recruited lol. Too bad he died the next night. This didn't hurt as much as it would have a night or 2 ago because Earthworm was finally getting into the thick of things. Fast forwarding to the elimination of MI6, this was organised by Earthworm and Jimbo, who collaborated to eliminate the biggest mutual threat. After Earthworm's death, Cyzir handled everything, and he did so capably. Sadly, victory was not to be ours. We come to Day 16, starting with Cyzir (Batista) having used up his kill for nights 15 and 16 holding the mayor item, Jedil (Corleone) holding the Cigars (rendering his dual vote void), also being unable to kill, and Mr378 (Castro) having made his smartest move of the game so far by idling on Night 15, and having a kill saved up for the next night being the last men alive. So Batista ironically had "guaranteed second place", precisely what we tried to avoid in our deal with MI6. Cyzir voted off Mr378, the final event in a bizarre series of events that culminated in the Corleones, who had given up the game sometime around Night 3, winning the first ever recruit-styled mafia. Kind of put a damper on an otherwise amazing game.

Last edited:
I wrote this light years ago.

August 9th. I receive the key to Vauxhall Headquarters for the first time, and look around. There were three desks. One was mine, it had several letters piled on it. Another was empty. The third had a man standing behind it. He was working on something.

“Hello Sir Miles, here’s to a successful eradication of Cuba.” Fishin said.
“Yes, I quite agree. Now what is that you’re working on, Q?” I responded.
“This is the Identigraph. It will allow me to gather information for your faction. By the way, you should read the letters on your desk.”

I read them. One was the instructions of my powers. About employment, killing methods, position changing and all that. The other was about the absence of my current 00 Agent, James Bond, also known as Shade. He would return from his vacation real soon, and until then, I would have to carry out his missions myself. There was a third letter describing James Bond’s résumé.

And so it began for the MI6. And it began pretty well. Jumpluff got me her alias and role in my first convo with her (though it took her a while to give the alias). Twash demanded to know one of my teammates first, but I did end up getting his alias as well. Now we were armed with a fresh hooker and silencer, in addition to inspection, a one time team bodyguard, the crucial stealth vote Rolex and of course the announcement.

Then I had three more claims. There was thunda, who claimed to be a double hooker + silencer whose target can circumvent these roles if he puts a smiley in a role PM (lol). He was on for like 15 minutes a day since he was enjoying a vacation in France back then. He refused to give me his alias until I gave him one of mine, so I ended up giving my own, which was a large risk but he was literally bothering me every day. Wouldn’t take the risk again, but it turned out well. And then cookie claimed thief to me, and also said he talked to a bodyguard freelancer who gave him his alias. I could only recruit one guy this night, so I went with cookie so I could recruit this bodyguard as well as thunda next time.

With cookie on my team, we could steal from CaptKirby (who we only knew as CrimsonKing, the president holding the Macho Brace) and then set up the amazing combo of giving the Macho Brace to someone at day, then hooking them at night to stop recruitments while stealing the Macho Brace back. We knew both Gmax and AvatarST’s alias (Gmax from inspection, Avatar because he gave it to everyone who asked) and decided to use it on Gmax because his team was more threatening.

I recruited thunda and Bass the bodyguard next night. Sadly, Bass had claimed role to Gmax (who found out his alias through porygon3) and was told to protect OK Computer (and actually did it because he thought he couldn’t protect himself _when this was stated in his role PM_) and Gmax obviously killed him. It also turned out thunda lied about his role, but his real role (death investigation + handcuffs) was actually beter (we always joked around that it was crucial for victory)…thunda also claimed that if I hadn’t recruited him that night, he would have cuffed himself to me and refused to cooperate. Glad to know.

From here on the game continued to have nights which were awesome, and nights which were terrible. There would never be an MI6 lynch anywhere during early or midgame, though a few close calls. We generally killed unknowns, which were Castros nearly all the time because they kept hiding themselves. My favourite kill was by thunda on evan, who we were attempting to lynch previous day simply because he was silenced (I got both IPL and Lesm to vote for him instead of each other, but it ended up being geared towards Kannon instead after Gmax’s mean gay ass tactic) Since Brain had threatened Lesm not to vote Mirage, I thought this was a pretty good kill.

Also, Fishin inspected OK Computer (blue_light) the Persuader and gave this alias to Gmax (in retrospect he shouldn’t have…Gmax became way too greedy) so that we could silence + persuade people. Sadly OK Computer was murdered, but we got one godkill in on Outlaw’s sexy lawyer by getting Lesm to necromance his role.

We also ended up recruiting Accent, which confirmed to us there were multiple hookers, and thus likely multiple other roles like thief, bodyguard, etc. Having two hookers was cool for our macho brace hooking combo, since it meant we could Gmax two nights in a row…which we did.

The update of Day Four was really stupid, with dak even asking us before he updated ‘so Shade is idling?’ which was our ‘last chance to use Die Another Day’ afterwards. Accent also died, but the fun didn’t end there. Both Fishin’s inspection on Medulla (Andenken) and cookie’s theft from The Moon&Antarctica (Gmax) failed due to the bunker skill from Scramanga (Flounder) which Gmax cashed in that night. And to add icing on the cake, the recruit on Lesm failed, which was because apparently multiple other factions tried to recruit him there.
However, the day that followed was a massacre of Castro with Brain’s death, as well as Shiv’s at night (though it turned out he didn’t do shit as usual…) so as far as I’m concerned from there it was between Batista and MI6, with Italians always being up for hitting a Batista. Castro sometimes got involved, occasionally following orders. Gmax was also killed somewhere around here, which was kind of gay since Earthworm was really much more annoying to work with.

Other interesting Freelancers I talked to were Doomsday and Kinneas. The former I ordered to be kidnapped by Jimbo completely randomly on n1, which caused Doomsday to claim he was Bat out of Hell to me. I told him I’d get him out of the batcave if he helped me with voting and stuff, which he did oh so nicely. Kinneas was the victim of a nice double act with me and Twash, where Twash pretended to be still Freelancer. He voted with us nearly all the time too, and we got him into IPL’s subforum of Freelancers and got all the info out of it. Of course his alias got ratted out before IPL got lynched, but he kept voting with us anyway. I also talked to both Lesm and Amelia from the start, but Amelia couldn’t be saved. Definitely would have recruited him. Those two and Lesm ended up being recruited by us later.

And of course there was moi, but fuck that role.

And then lategame became just politics and apparently people were so afraid of us that they kept kidnapping and killing us, so we actually ended up being eliminated first, but as far as I’m concerned (and dak agrees with me so I’m not just being self righteous!!!) we were on top of this game quite a bit. It was just very unrewarding since every time we were about to get really good like two guys died.

Still the most enjoyable game for me so far though, since in almost every single other one I was on a team that got massacred while also being out of the loop. Thanks dak!

PS I’m a better co-host than Jackal. Jessica 4 lyf ;)

Note: Most of this was written months ago, and the stuff that wasn't was obviously written months later so the quality of information of the later comments is obviously worse, we forgot a lot of stuff by now.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hehe yea I fucked up big time but I still made it far : ) I blame my screwups on me being too trusting of big boys gmax and mekkah (assholes!) Thank you Brain for recruiting me !

Also I confirm that I was hassled for votes probably every 3.2 seconds, through forum PM, IRC, IRC Memos, and MSN.... yea. This game was a lot of fun though, I especially liked screwing with Mekkah's team.

also batman can't be killed by a fucking car I have armor

i* did not 'misreport' that the cadillac had already been stolen from; we collectively assumed it already had been stolen; you're a massive (BAN ME PLEASE) but you already know that

*carl

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
time for jackal the dog to weigh in his comments on his creation HEh!!!!!

1) dak asked me to plan a mafia with him that was different than all the others and would spice things up cause he knew i was the best~
2) we talked actually for weeks about how we could change things up, we discussed everything you could possibly ever think of. Among these ideas were having 3 mafias and one village, having a game full of 45 neutrals, having a game where no one was told their faction name and had to figure out who was their ally based on various clues, having 3-4 equal sized mafia factions with no day/night cycle, and some other stuff im surely forgetting.
3) my favourite was the 45 neutrals, but after i literally spent a day trying to figure out the logistics, i determined that it would actually be impossible.
4) my other favourite was the equal sized factions, so I started my brainstorm process from there. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I know we were looking at past wolves to determine what a wolf could be in a 4 faction game, and i saw clthulu and secretly in my head i really really still wanted 45 neutrals somehow and it all just clicked together in my head. I explained my idea to dak and he liked it / helped polish it, and viva la mafia was born.
5) From we both figured out the logistics, how many people start on each team, how recruiting worked, how kills worked, how lynching worked, what neutrals would be involved, etc. Once we were pretty much happy with this, dak pretty much took over.
6) We both started rhyming off what roles we would want the freelancers to be, but after a while it was dak who was coming up with most of the freelance roles. I basically just contributed the neutrals/wild cards and helped decide how many each of BG/theif/hooker etc there should be. Brains role and Lesms role were brilliant in my opinion!
7) dak then came up with the theme and literally just started writing up role pms. this officially marked the point of me turning into a lazy dog. eventually he wrote every single role pm, came up with every custom title, every kill method, every bit of flavour there was, which i thought was very interesting to read!
8) the only thing i was left with were the basketball players, whose PMs i wrote to kind of trick people into thinking they were fake, since my writing style is very different than daks. I also wrote the smogon topic OP.
9) after dak pretty much had his way with the google doc, he asked me to do a run over of it and suggest ways to change it / balance it etc and to do items. I did most of the items/came up with the wildcard powers/decided who should hold the items. I also approved of his random new additions like standoffs and the junkyard (both were excellent)
10) im pretty sure he sent out every single pm and then did every single hosting duty from there on afterwards. arf arf!
11) Why am i numbering these??? I honestly did read every single thread and kept up with the game, I always knew what was going on until i left for school in september, at which point I had no idea, and was very sad to see the outcome. The only teams that deserved to win based on play were gmax's or mekkah's, so that sucks :(
12) kudos to dak for doing all the work, but at the end of the day I was just there for the idea / balancing the game, which is what I said from the beginning. I know dak wanted to actually host the game, something I had done before and had no interest in doing again. I like to create things, not host them.
13) woof!
14) In terms of the actual game, dak said pretty much everything there was to say. Two teams played well, I would have liked to have seen one of them win!

Moving forward with this theme, I think the experiment was successful and I would like to see another game like this in the future, this way I can actually play!

In terms of improving it, I think early and mid-game it was perfect, but lategame was obviously a mess as it is hard to take down 3 other factions teaming against you if you are the best faction. I don't know how to fix this, but it is definitely the glaring flaw. Other things to look at improving are possibly the logistics of the lynch, since there is no mafia there is no "good lynch" for any majority group so its kinda just a mess. Don't know how to fix this either.

I'm glad so many people had fun and this really was a pleasure to design/watch/bark.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Viva la Mafia was one of those games that comes up a lot in many conversations related to mafia, and often times with much praise. It's the one game that most people will never forget on this site, and I think Jackal and dak should be commended for that.

However, I think everyone here knows by now that this is probably one game I would like to forget as far as playing goes... Not only could I not have played any worse, but I am sure that even today, several MI6 members may still hold a grudge against me.

Basically, I wasn't exactly a reputable player going into this game, and it was radically different from anything else I have played before. Honestly, as a freelancer bodyguard, I had no idea about what I was supposed to do, let alone the best way to get recruited. Things seemed to be moving extremely fast, but luckily, cookie was recruiting for MI6 in #havana, so of course I told him of my role. He then told me I had to wait until the next night to be recruited, and until then not to talk to anyone else...

For a while, this seemed to work out alright. Then, I get a query from Gmax being his typical self. He threatened me to tell him everything I knew. Now, had I known I could have protected myself, I would have told him to fuck off, but I didn't, and Gmax proved that he knew my alias, so I was pretty much helpless. Gmax then tricked me by stating that he wanted to recruit me, and that his had priority over all others (Well, this was later revealed to be true, but nonetheless I mad a bad move). Thus, I more than happily told him my role, alias, and that I previously agreed to be recruited by MI6. A day later, I am dead... and I now have tons of angry PMs from cookie and the MI6 about my death. In case you were wondering, it was this incident that makes me want to kill Gmax as much as I do now.

Now, why didn't I protect myself despite it clearly stating that I could in my role PM? Well... I was already a BG in several previous games, so ignoring the fact that this game was completely different, I basically just glanced over the part of my role PM that stated my role and didn't bother reading the details... I think this one simple, yet devastating oversight has probably influenced the way I have played in every game since. Now I often pester the hosts with questions over the slightest ambiguities in my role PM.

I think that might have been too tl;dr, but I really wish I could play a game like this again without making such a mistake.

Don't forget about me trying to get my one true partner in the game lynched all the god damn time on IRC because he was obviously the mastermind behind everything.

9) after dak pretty much had his way with the google doc, he asked me to do a run over of it and suggest ways to change it / balance it etc and to do items. I did most of the items/came up with the wildcard powers/decided who should hold the items. I also approved of his random new additions like standoffs and the junkyard (both were excellent)
i completely forgot about these as they never got to happen and i dont think i told anyone about this afterwards, either

we came up with the idea if that if two people, both armed with killing license, decide to kill each other, the outcome would be decided via a kind of glorified version of rock/paper/scissor called a standoff, where the player would input shoot/dodge/charge (or something similar, i forgot the actual choices) that would act exaclty like rps and there would be a small flavour writeup if this was ever to happen

the reason for this was since all kills had equal priorities, a standoff situtation like this would have to be solved somehow, but i didnt deem both (or none) dying acceptable.going for an entirely random system would suck as well, so we decided for the middel way, the rps method

unfortunately, this never happened so i only wasted my time inventing this. this was among the first ideas i had, though

really good game! i dont wanna go through details on a lot of things but i remembered one moment!

so, when i had finally gotten through every piece of info for the complete sheet, except for one, i pmed that alias, knowing the result. it was the wolf i needed. pming said user, i was treated to trolling to the enth degree. it was quite possibly the most painful day i had to wait until outlaw finally revealed himself.

which led to the most ironic moment anyone could possibly of expected. outlaw, the genius hater, had teamed up with his only ally. lol. i dont really think this is a result anyone could of expected but it was quite humorous.

other things of note - if not for fishin being a backstabbing liar, i would've been found out. on the night fishin was supposed to recruit me (which is why i delayed brain from recruiting me the first time with some bullshit excuse), i was randomly recruited by the italians. i think i had just received the mecenary duties for them on the day of my death, too. what a shame

oh right. i was made subleader of the italians for a second, but then got avatar to revoke and give it to jedil, for "honour" reason i think. dak warned me what wouldve happened if avatar died so that was the closest i had ever came to getting leader powers, as i figured after what i saw in batista that they'd be the easiest to take over. also im sorry gmax for all my "results" from previous nights that i gave to jedil they may or may not for the majority have been batista members i can neither confirm nor deny this

I think I have said before that despite my mediocre activity, I thoroughly enjoyed this game, moreso than others. Props to dak and Jackal.

Unfortunately, there is not much I can really say about the game in-depth. It was great to get recruited on the first night, I was extremely suspicious of whether Mekkah actually was going to or not. I think the main thing I did was manipulating my good friend Kinneas in his first Smogon game. It must have sucked for him when he got recruited and realised that Mekkah and I had bullshitted completely, but whatever. Recruitment happened as we went down a specific road, and he ended up with a decent shot of winning in the end (MI6 were obviously the greatest, and most British faction). Anyway, Kinneas got the Role PMs nicely, and that's what we wanted.

Oh, and I have the thank Mekkah (and the other MI6 players!). They pretty much did everything like most games while I sat back, and they did a great job in truth. It was fun seeing things pan out the way it did at the end I guess, even if we lost.

DENNIS BERGKAAAAAAAAMP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exlBHTyB1R0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exlBHTyB1R0

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
at the end of the day, the Italians took it all home. i don't care if you all played a million times better than us, second place is still the first loser!

boss man jedil forever

no but seriously it was an outrageously good game, even though i did not have the most fun playing it (it was like a rollercoaster: woah this is awesome -> goddamn hobo joe sucks -> goddamn jackal can't read pms -> woah we can win?! -> woah, we won). excellently fresh ideas.

This was easily the best mafia game I've played. The batista regime was a great team, the likes of which I'll probably never see again.
"please revolver dont be flounder" was also the funniest damn thing I've ever seen, I basically posted my pm, and then went to my room and laughed for a bit.
There's a lot everyone could say about this game, but I'll keep my mouth mostly shut and just say that another game of this style would be pretty cool, assuming the hosts are as excellent (all mishaps aside!) as dak and Jackal were.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
lol stoo believed the jackal wolf thing, bow your head in shame my friend

(also fooling gmax with mr pink was fun)

great mafia game, dakkal

"please revolver dont be flounder" was also the funniest damn thing I've ever seen, I basically posted my pm, and then went to my room and laughed for a bit.
Underlined part... doesn't seem to fit.

Anyway, awesome game, best I've played so far. PMs were awesome, roles were innovative, my team was the best, etc.

I basically talked to Earthworm, Fishin, and Gmax at the start and was probably going to team up with one of them. Earthworm having claimed FL and Fishin/Gmax recruiters.

Toothache and Earthworm were really disappointing. Flounder, Lightwolf, and Cyzir were impressive men.

Wow, this was a very good and fair postgame, thanks, dak! It was also an enjoyable game, thank you to Jackal and daquiri. FORZA MI6!

Also, I forgot so I'm just going to ask in this thread. Was the 2112/Siamese Dream twin thing rigged? Because I suggested midgame in the channel that they were likely the twins based on other more concrete things and that 2112 is a palindrome and olol siamese twins, and I thought it was pretty stupid but I guess thunda didn't. Turned out to be right~

Okay, finished the rest of the postgame (didn't notice for awhile it had been posted o_o), wanted to comment on the rest! Sorry, supermarth, you can blame big Mekkah for the cockblock. :( Anyway, I took a huge risk with Mekkahkins there. Mekkah played me hilariously in YCI, so I thought it would be pretty funny if Mekkah recruited me for real. Plus I really like Mekkah and get along well with him (which is true of Gmax as well, I don't speak to Brain and Avy as much but I do like them, I reasoned that everyone would be going to Brain though and no sign of Avatar!). I figured I'd have a good chance of winning with a talented leader, and I really, really wanted to be recruited. I wasn't sure how he'd value my role (which was hilarious, I laughed so hard when I read it, I love roles that are injokes as well, thanks, dak!), so I planned on lying and claiming I was some kind of inspector. I managed to inquire what Mekkah considered valuable, and he said martyr was the least valuable, and roles like hooker and bodyguard were the most valuable to him at that point in time. I breathed a sigh of relief, and figured, well, I could easily be lying now I know what Mekkah would recruit, but he would just have to trust me, and I gave him my role PM. He seemed somewhat open to recruiting me, with obvious reservations, and I was hesitant to give him my alias as well, but in the end I did and it paid off. I'm really glad I took that risk! Made me pretty anxious duriing N0, and I doubt Mekkah was the most confident guy ever about the recruitment, but it paid off for us, I think.

I was overjoyed with all my teammates, and decided I wanted Earthworm on my side. I'm not going to go into details, but I managed to procure the information that EW was Batista. Gmax made efforts to recruit me (EW probably nagged him to as well), but I just demurred that I had a bad role, wouldn't be recruited, and would be a disadvantage to the faction, I'd rather let my faction get better roles that would help me win too (inspired by the great LightWolfy). Did the same to Brain and Raikage, whom I think I strung along for a few days. I was pretty unremarkable all game, tried to help plans, forgot to send my PM once which made me really upset because I didn't want to make mistakes or disadvantage my team, tried to help just by always being around as well. :P I had so much fun, even when we were getting ganged upon by pussy teams, but in the end MI6 decided the endgame was going downhill so we all elegantly departed and that was the end of that. Mekkah and I invented The Mental Ward, iirc, (BAN ME PLEASE) moi, we should've kept you there -_-

Thank you everyone, esp. my teammates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)