Status
Not open for further replies.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hi! V-create hurts.

[Overview]

• V-create.
  • Great ability that boosts you and your partners accuracy.
  • Stat distribution gives it solid bulk and good offensive stats.
  • Super good physical movepool
  • Can even work in Trick Room.

[SET]
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: V-create
move 2: Bolt Strike
move 3: Zen Headbutt / U-Turn
move 4: Protect
item: Life Orb / Fire Gem
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Boosted V-create.
  • Bolt Strike hits Water-types hard.
  • Zen Headbutt is for additional STAB, but U-Turn can be used to switch out safely.
  • Protect is staple on any offensive Pokemon in Doubles

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • EVs will optimize Victini's power and Speed to nab KOs
  • Jolly for speed, Adamant for power, but misses out on Genesect and others.
  • Brick Break could be used to hit Heatran and Tyranitar.
  • Charcoal and E-belt are options to consider.
  • Loves speed control; Cresselia, Thundurus and Togekiss are great partners for it.
  • Rotom-W or Gastrodon make great partners, as it can check rain teams fairly well, making room for Victini.
  • Breloom and Hitmontop make great partners too, as they deal with Rock-types well.
  • Pokemon with Sunny Day or Ninetales makes V-create ridiculously powerful.
  • Pairs well with Hail teams; provides a check to Fire- and Fighting-types that are problematic for most Hail teams

[SET]
name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: V-create
move 3: Bolt Strike / Zen Headbutt
item: Iron Ball / Life Orb / Fire Gem
nature: Brave
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Trick Room works well in tandem with V-create's speed drops.
  • Allows Victini to fill a small supportive role
  • V-create
  • Bolt Strike will hit bulky water types hard, making it the preferred option.
  • Zen Headbutt can provide extra STAB coverage.
  • Protect
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Since running Offensive Trick Room, maximum HP and Attack will allow for optimal Trick Room sweeping capabilities.
  • U-Turn is an option to switch in a Trick Room sweeper after Victini has set it up.
  • Amoonguss is a great partner for Victini, as it helps it set up Trick Room, and can abuse said Trick Room very well itself.
  • Pokemon that have trouble dealing with Steel types and are slow now have much less of a problem with sweeping in Trick Room; Tyranitar, Escavalier and Scizor.
  • Gastrodon synergizes nicely, as Victini and Gastrodon together check all 4 weathers quite well.
  • Gastrodon also helps with Rain – Rotom-W and Breloom are more offensive checks to Rain if you want that.
  • Fighting- and Water-typed Trick Room sweepers, such as Scrafty and Jellicent help a lot with dealing with Victini's main counters in Rhyperior, Tyranitar and Chandelure in Trick Room.
  • Even better partner for Hail teams than the first set, as HailRoom is a popular anti-meta archetype.

[Other Options]
  • CHOICE BAND VICTINI INQUISITION - especially good if you have excessive Speed control
  • Choice Scarf can work if your team has less Speed control.
  • A special attacking set using its great special movepool.
  • Mixed is therefore also an option.
  • Helping Hand and Glaciate could make it a potential offensive supporter.
  • Taunt is an option for dealing with opposing Trick Room and shutting down annoying foes such as Whimsicott and Cresselia.
  • Thunder Wave might be an option with Victini's solid bulk, and working well in tandem with V-create.
  • Sunny Day to flip off the toed.
  • Flame Charge to boost Speed and hit ok hard at the same time.
  • Final Gambit. KAMIKAZE MODDAFUKKA!
  • Shuca Berry or Passho Berry take advantage of Victini's solid bulk, but missing an item boost is usually a bad idea.

[Checks and Counters]
  • Swift Swim spam
  • Ground-types faster than it can threaten with an EQ OHKO; Garchomp, and Excadrill in Sandstorm.
  • Darkrai can outspeed and OHKO the fast set, but needs Modest nature or Dark Gem to KO the TR setter Tini.
  • Rock-types resist its STAB move, and hits back super effectively with the STAB move of choice: Tyranitar, Rhyperior, and Terrakion most notably.
  • Heatran and Chandelure
  • Latios and Latias
  • Intimidate Pokemon such as Hitmontop and Landorus-T can neuter Victini a bit, but most of those Pokemon take severe damage from V-Create. Gyarados resists V-Create, and can therefore easily switch in, but should be wary of Bolt Strike.

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Brave nature with 0 speed iv's needs to be mentioned, if you're using Victini in Trickroom, you might as well make it wo
Mention some of it's special attacks, intimidate sucks.
Heatran is a counter if i've ever seen one

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doesn't Victory Star boost it and it's teammate's accuracy? Mention that in the Overview too. Special attacking set with things like Blue Flare, Glaciate< Focus Blast, Grass Knot, Psyshock and Thunder (without Rain) could be mentioned in OO.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Since Tini is one of the few pokemon to have a good reason for carrying Brick Break, it can also counter Dual Screen teams.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok some things to state:
  • Trick Room Victini is definitely set worthy imo
  • Scarf should get a mention in OO
  • Trick Room users can be good partners since it has Speed drops etc.
  • Things that check Rain like Rotom-W and Breloom also make for good partners
  • As does Sun for super strong V-Create
  • Also can be a good partner for Hail since it beats Steel and Fighting types and also makes a sweet answer to Sun teams (also Trick Room Victini can form a cool HailRoom combo w/ Abomasnow, w/ Abomasnow killing off bulky Waters so you can spam V-Create freely)
  • Add Shuca and Passho Berry in either OO or AC
  • In C&C mention Latios, Darkrai, Bisharp, Terrakion, Rotom-W
  • Mention Taunt, Thunder Wave, Sunny Day, Flame Charge, Light Screen, Substitute, Final Gambit in OO
  • Charcoal in AC or something for if you don't want recoil
  • Expert Belt should be mentioned for same reason, although Charcoal grants constant power to V-create while EBelt has a chance to power up all moves
Also, not an expert but Trick Room Victini should probably look something like this:
name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: V-create
move 3: Bolt Strike / Zen Headbutt
item: Iron Ball / Life Orb / Fire Gem
nature: Brave
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

so yeah be sure to implement these @Laga

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Trick Room Victini is legit, although it's quite difficult to set up. It doesn't enjoy facing other Trick Room sweepers like Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Chandelure, and Heatran because they can soak up V-creates - you'd definitely want a TR partner to handle those (ie Gastrodon, Scrafty, Hariyama / Conkeldurr with Rock Slide or Stone Edge). I suppose Landorus and Suicune / Keldeo can work outside of Trick Room.

For Trick Room, AC mention Brick Break @ Fighting Gem to dish heavy damage to Tyranitar and Heatran, two Pokemon that poses problem to Sun and Hail teams that might emply this Victini. Warn that Victini with BB cannot touch Chandelure, though ;x

Charcoal is also worth an AC mention, if you want a steady boost on its main move V-create rather than just a one-time boost like Fire Gem and without the LO recoil.

Also it's V-create NOT V-Create

Laga

Forever Grande
I implemented a few of the suggested changes; will finish updating tomorrow, I need sleep. Just wanted to bump this to have some more eyes on it.

Bumped it for you. :)

...Imeanwut?

• In the overview, mention its weakness to common spread moves, such as Rock Slide, EQ and Surf.
  • "Jolly for speed, Adamant for power, but misses out on Genesect." ...and Hydreigon among others
  • Iron Ball is pretty overkill on the Trick Room set, w/ Brave and 0 IVs, Victini "outslows" non-TR Heatran sets, not to mention that Life Orb/Fire Gem will be way more useful once V-create gets you up to speed; I'd slash Iron Ball after those two, if at all
  • A lot that can go into OO:
    • Brick Break > Heatran
    • Mention some of the special options for the set; some choices (not including Glaciate which is mentioned) are Grass Knot, Searing Shot, TBolt & Focus Blast
    • Sunny Day so you can give yourself an extremely explosive V-create
    • Choice Scarf set w/ Trick is nice, similar to Choice Band
    • Will O' Wisp & Thunder Wave if for some reason you don't like Rotom-W/anything else with those moves
    • Magic Coat could be used to troll people using TWave, Taunt, etc; it is useful in some cases for the Trick Room set in particular
    • Telekinesis & Inferno lgi
    • Oh, and also put Final Gambit in OO, Kamakazini the best :>
  • I'd imagine that Intimidate really ruins Victini's day; or is V-create just too powerful?
  • Chandelure beats Victini p. easily too, with a Fire-type immunity and Ghost-type STAB
  • Darkrai outspeeds Victini and OHKOs the All-Out Attacker set w/ LO Dark Pulse; however, note that Darkrai needs either a Dark Gem (100% to OHKO) or Modest nature (75% to OHKO) in order to reliably check the Trick Room set thanks to its higher bulk investment
Lookin' good.

QC APPROVAL 1/3

(Also my 25th stamp :>>>>>)

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You missed my changes:
Pocket said:
Yea, Trick Room Victini is legit, although it's quite difficult to set up. It doesn't enjoy facing other Trick Room sweepers like Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Chandelure, and Heatran because they can soak up V-creates - you'd definitely want a TR partner to handle those (ie Gastrodon, Scrafty, Hariyama / Conkeldurr with Rock Slide or Stone Edge). I suppose Landorus and Suicune / Keldeo can work outside of Trick Room.

In Trick Room or OO, AC mention Brick Break @ Fighting Gem to dish heavy damage to Tyranitar and Heatran, two Pokemon that poses problem to Sun and Hail teams that might employ this Victini. Warn that Victini with BB cannot touch Chandelure (if it's TR), though ;x

Charcoal is also worth an AC mention, if you want a steady boost on its main move V-create rather than just a one-time boost like Fire Gem and without the LO recoil.
Laga said:
Brick Break could be used to hit Heatran
and equally importantly Tyranitar

Laga

Forever Grande
I already did add Charcoal Pocket ;p

I don't think Fighting Gem is worthy of a mention anywhere, as it is extremely situational, so I'd like to see some agreement in the QC team :)

E: oh, and yes I got everything I missed except the above ^

Pocket

Pairs well with Hail teams; provides a check to Fire- and Fighting-types that are problematic for most Hail teams
Warn that it doesn't fare well against Heatran and Chandelure, though :s
Zen Headbutt can provide extra STAB coverage.
STAB Coverage means little when it's hitting softer than Bolt Strike. Even a resisted V-create hits harder than a neutral Zen Headbutt. IMO Zen Headbutt should be dropped to AC, since it offers less coverage than Bolt Strike, and it's only really useful for hitting Terrakion.

Last edited:

Pocket

Overview:

It's worth mentioning that Victini can switch into common Fighting-types with ease, namely Hitmontop & Breloom, thanks to its Psycic-typing. It can also switch into Cresselia without T-Wave with impunity for the same reason.

Other Option:

I'd add Will-O-Wisp to burn Ground- and Rock-type users coming in to tank V-create.

Doubling up on Fires STAB with Flare Blitz / Overheat is an option to finish off a Pokemon without resorting to V-create

Pokemon to add in C&C:

Salamence - an Intimidate user that resists V-create and is not weak to Bolt Strike
Hydreigon - Tanks Victini's moves and retaliate with a lethal Dark Pulse or Draco Meteor. Warn that it is outsped by a -1 Scarf Victini and may be 2HKOed by V-create in the sun before it can retaliate
Bisharp's Sucker Punch - can't switch into V-create, but once it's in, Victini cannot attack without taking lethal damage
Politoed - may be implied from your mention of Swift Swim, but it's important to note that it's a huge bitch for halving the power of V-create.
Gastrodon - resists V-create and immune to Bolt Strike

Pokemon to remove from C&C

Latios / Latias - you don't need to remove them, but both of them have a high chance of being knocked out by a Life Orb V-create in the sun. Also even after a Dragon Gem boost, Latios's Dragon Gem does not OHKO max HP Victini. It may sound hypocritical to support Hydreigon, but not Lati@s. However, Hydreigon has better physical bulk and does not need to rely on Draco Meteor to take it out. I would make sure to note these things when talking about Latis

Last edited:

Pocket

Laga, I will be re-assigning this, since you haven't worked on this for a long time. Is there anyone willing to adopt a cute Victini :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)