[VGC] Pizza™

I thought I should bring this to the attention of everyone (especially those present at Indianapolis last year):

The Indianapolis Convention Center is claiming a common law trademark for the use of the term "Pizza". Just in case any of you are planning to open up a pizza shop, please do not use the term "Pizza" in the name, as you will be infringing on their intellectual property. Regardless, I for one cannot wait to patronize their establishment once again this summer.

Retail Sales

Centerplate prides itself on having one of the most modern convention food service facilities in the country. They provide a variety of food and beverage selections at different locations in the convention center to service the needs of your exhibitors and conventioneers.

Centerplate offers a variety of food outlets-Espresso Caffé™, American Delicatessen™, Indiana Grille™ and Pizza™. Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium clientele will experience great amenities, great food and Hoosier hospitality without ever leaving the facility!
http://www.icclos.com/Services/Food/

I'm sorry, come again? No, not like that. But seriously????? Cadbury trademarking purple is one thing, but trademarking the word Pizza...ROFLCOPTER time!

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I can't be the only one who also thinks that "Indiana Grille" just looks wrong. Mainly because it's Indiana.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
this™ is™ ridiculous™

why™ would™ they™ even™ trademark™ that™?™

I™ mean™

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
this totally makes sense

especially to anyone who has had Pizza™ pizza

hey let's just keep posting mundane things and adding trademark to the end that's really funny™

a company registering the name of a food is just ridiculous though

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you know what I really hate? when people lampoon something only to do it themselves in a lazy attempt at being funny

you know what i really hate? nose hairs. ever accidentally pulled one of those fuckers when trying to remove an onerous booger?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)