Vaporeon

I remember that all of the people on the chat for Shoddy were all preaching the virtues of hydration Vappy, but no one uses it now. :P
Maybe now's the time for me to use it...

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I remember that all of the people on the chat for Shoddy were all preaching the virtues of hydration Vappy, but no one uses it now. :P
Maybe now's the time for me to use it...
People will probably begin to use Hydration Vappy if (or when) Manaphy is banned. Right now, Manaphy almost completely outclasses it.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm not sure if anyone has done the damage calculations yet, but are there any missed 2HKO's (or 3HKO's) if you use boiling water instead of surf (not hydro pump)?? Just curious.

manaphy is a sweeper, vappy supports.

as a rest/hydra combo, yes manaphy is better.

if your going to carry wish on hydration vap, you should just go wish/protect instead of wish/rest. because in this case, at least you can scout moves/toxic stall/wish heal if you run protect. i was never a fan of having 2 recovery moves in 1 set.

Manaphy doesn't learn Wish, which is one of the biggest reasons to use Vaporeon. That right there means that Vaporeon isn't outclassed.
Then don't run it in rain, because: A)Offensive Rain teams prefer the ridiculous power of Tail Glow Manaphy to keep the tempo up, and B)Blissey is arguably a better Wish user on Rain stall because it doesn't add another Grass/Electric weakness.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
if your going to carry wish on hydration vap, you should just go wish/protect instead of wish/rest. because in this case, at least you can scout moves/toxic stall/wish heal if you run protect. i was never a fan of having 2 recovery moves in 1 set.
I was just thinking that it's nice to have a move that instantly heals all of your health. On the other hand, it is able to be exploited by Tyranitar or Ninetales, who can switch in on a predicted Rest and cripple Vappy.

I'll mention Protect, thanks.

Meltra

formerly Himanattsu
Vaporeon@ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Def / 244 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Cheer Up
- Ice Beam
- Boil Over/Surf/Hydro Pump

<3 sweeping with this, even if it's a gimmick.

Edit: Slashed Surf/Hydro Pump

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Def / 244 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Cheer Up
- Ice Beam
- Boil Over

<3 sweeping with this, even if it's a gimmick.
If you plan to actually sweep than why not Surf or Hydro Pump on Vaporeon?

Meltra

formerly Himanattsu
No SpA EVs and more into defenses in order to take a hit, get a few Cheer Ups, recover from Rest, and either rinse and repeat or just sweep from there. It's more comparable to Zuru's Bulk Up Shed Skin Rest set, except that Shed Skin always negates Rest. I didn't do a write-up for it because I knew it was a gimmick.

I'm afraid Choice Specs Vaporeon won't work very well, since faster and sweepers, such as Ludicolo or Kingdra are better at doing this, both of which get a speed boost from Swift Swim. Hydration, Vaporeon's most redeeming factor to use it in the rain, is too good to pass up, anyway.

No love for special wall with Acid Armor?

Or Muddy Water for that matter.

If you don't like the accuracy, you can add a Wide Lens to boost it to a respectable 95%. But that sacrifices Leftovers.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Vapereon sucks in gen 5 Vapereon's still got it. Boiling water is a huge boon for her because she now doesn't have to resort to running HP Electric to beat gyarados. The wish buff is insanely useful her and her teammates. (It now recovers half of the users HP.)

Suicune may have gotten a big buff in Water Absorb, but Vapereon is still "different" enough to be viable.
Vaporeon is definitely viable this gen. In fact, I actually prefer him over suicune because he takes less damage from grass knot. In addition to this, vaporeon can also play a support role in the form of wish, which suicune obviously doesn't get. Unfortunately for vaporeon, though, he is largely outclassed by manaphy, but I'm guessing manaphy will get banned to ubers fairly soon anyways.

Vaporeon is definitely viable this gen. In fact, I actually prefer him over suicune because he takes less damage from grass knot. In addition to this, vaporeon can also play a support role in the form of wish, which suicune obviously doesn't get. Unfortunately for vaporeon, though, he is largely outclassed by manaphy, but I'm guessing manaphy will get banned to ubers fairly soon anyways.
Manaphy is already banned....

Hydration Vaporeon doesn't really have a place on Rain Offense what with the competition being so much better, and Rain stall will appreciate something like Jirachi to lessen the Grass/Electric weaknesses.

On top of that, Hydration + Wish is illegal, which strips Vaporeon of its biggest niche.

I've been testing out a Special Wall on PO

Vaporeon@Leftovers (Calm)
252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 4 Def.
Trait: Water Absorb
-Scald
-Ice Beam/Toxic
-Wish
-Protect

This set has been quite successful against Rain Teams and Sun Teams. It laughs in the face of Zapdos (Toxic) and Venusaur (Ice Beam). He seems to work best when used in a toxic spikes stall team. Basically, he's my Jellicent. Of course, when using this set it is important to have a good solution to Breloom and Excadrill.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
No. All event DW Pokemon (sans Arceus, obviously) have been Male.
We should seriously write letters to gamefreak or e-mail them or something and DEMAND to have female dream world pokemon released. I hate how gamefreak it trying to restrict us like this.

One of Vaporean's best roles are being a water pivot and tank with massive HP

It also has a 110 Special Attack to fire STAB boil over/surf/hyrdro pump

It also has a 95 special defense, and with max investment, it can absorb specials similar to blissey

It can learn roar to annoy your opponents like hell and wish to heal

It's only problem is pokemon that resists it's stab like starmie and nattorei and pokemon can release toxic on the water dog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)