UUPL XII - Week Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Commencement Thread<<
>>
Replays and Usage Stats<<
>>
Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken!

vs

Iki Town Idols (5) vs (5) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Welli0u vs vivalospride
SV UU: hellom vs Leru
SV UU: Akalli vs Punny
SS UU: Lily vs ChrisPBacon
SM UU: Corporate Donkey vs odr
ORAS UU: Pak vs Chaitanya
BW UU: freezai vs Monai
DPP UU: Micciu vs LpZ
ADV UU: Xrn vs shiloh
GSC UU: Lialiabeast vs dawnbuster

vs

Sinjoh Ruin Strikers (6) vs (4) Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters
SV UU: Dr. Phd. BJ vs avarice
SV UU: JustFranco vs Star
SV UU: tier vs mncmt
SS UU: Fardin vs Luthier
SM UU: pdt vs Xiri
ORAS UU: The Strap vs dingbat
BW UU: Amukamara vs Feaniix
DPP UU: Highlord vs hariyana grande
ADV UU: Isza vs Hyogafodex
GSC UU: Torchic vs pp's splash town

vs

Camphrier Town Ladies (4) vs (6) Celestial Tower Tycoons
SV UU: Askov vs passion
SV UU: Mossy Sandwich vs Beraldo
SV UU: DugZa vs Rasche
SS UU: Attribute vs QWILY
SM UU: etern vs Lycans
ORAS UU: Highways vs Lyssa
BW UU: Eternal Spirit vs Fakee
DPP UU: Estarossa vs Expulso
ADV UU: Melt Gibson vs Corperate n
GSC UU: innovamania vs Real FV13

vs

Safari Zone Smashers (5) vs (5) Mikan Island Monsters
SV UU: MAHOH vs termi
SV UU: Mimilucha vs spell
SV UU: Feliburn vs Separation
SS UU: KSt3ve vs lax
SM UU: robjr vs kumiko
ORAS UU: Killintime vs London Beats
BW UU: rs vs watashi
DPP UU: GoldCat vs Queen of Bean
ADV UU: Parpar vs Garay oak
GSC UU: SANKE CARP vs d0nut

Iki Town Idols (0) vs (0) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Welli0u vs vivalospride
SV UU: hellom vs Leru
SV UU: Akalli vs Punny
SS UU: Lily vs ChrisPBacon
SM UU: Corporate Donkey vs odr
ORAS UU: Pak vs Chaitanya
BW UU: freezai vs Monai
DPP UU: Micciu vs LpZ
ADV UU: Xrn vs shiloh
GSC UU: Lialiabeast vs dawnbuster

Sinjoh Ruin Strikers (0) vs (0) Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters
SV UU: Dr. Phd. BJ vs avarice
SV UU: JustFranco vs Star
SV UU: tier vs mncmt
SS UU: Fardin vs Luthier
SM UU: pdt vs Xiri
ORAS UU: The Strap vs dingbat
BW UU: Amukamara vs Feaniix
DPP UU: Highlord vs hariyana grande
ADV UU: Isza vs Hyogafodex
GSC UU: Torchic vs pp's splash town

Camphrier Town Ladies (0) vs (0) Celestial Tower Tycoons
SV UU: Askov vs passion
SV UU: Mossy Sandwich vs Beraldo
SV UU: DugZa vs Rasche
SS UU: Attribute vs QWILY
SM UU: etern vs Lycans
ORAS UU: Highways vs Lyssa
BW UU: Eternal Spirit vs Fakee
DPP UU: Estarossa vs Expulso
ADV UU: Melt Gibson vs Corperate n
GSC UU: innovamania vs Real FV13

Safari Zone Smashers (0) vs (0) Mikan Island Monsters
SV UU: MAHOH vs termi
SV UU: Mimilucha vs spell
SV UU: Feliburn vs Separation
SS UU: KSt3ve vs lax
SM UU: robjr vs kumiko
ORAS UU: Killintime vs London Beats
BW UU: rs vs watashi
DPP UU: GoldCat vs Queen of Bean
ADV UU: Parpar vs Garay oak
GSC UU: SANKE CARP vs d0nut

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 10th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.​

spell

destined
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
SV UU: Welli0u vs vivalospride - well had a nice opener week 1 whereas viv had an uncharacteristic loss in a matchup he was favoured in. i expect viv to make the most of this brand new meta that we are finding ourselves in and take kurohige by surprise.
SV UU: hellom vs Leru - swordstrike played pretty much a perfect game last week, albeit aided by some fortune on the way but ignoring that i simply believe that he is the better player by a long shot than larry. sorry brother, your son will end you.
SV UU: Akalli vs Punny - in probably the biggest sv upset last week, punny lost. but he played berald who isn't bad by any means so i dont really have less confidence in his ability to pull out a win.

SV UU: Dr. Phd. BJ vs avarice - better & more in-tune with the tier, also deo-s dropped and theres no way dillon is losing when the god of hyper offense itself is at his disposal
SV UU: JustFranco vs Star - i think this is pretty close but i rate star higher as a player, and what makes me bold him over franco is just that francos team last week was pretty bad (objectively speaking) and had pretty unplayable matchup into some of the most common mons in the tier, so if that trend continues he'll find himself unable to rely on his good playing ability alone. if he brings something more normal, about 50/50 but its just so hard seeing star go 0-2
SV UU: tier vs mncmt - tier had an upset last week, but mnc is the best at crushing newer players hopes and dreams in uu

SV UU: Askov vs passion - bro.... how can i predict this. whichever one id bold would break my heart. pls deadgame i dont want one of u to go 0-2...
SV UU: Mossy Sandwich vs Beraldo - mossy was unimpressive, beraldo was & i think hes a better player
SV UU: DugZa vs Rasche - rate dugza more, but rasches rlly underrated and i think its a shame he was ranked as low as he was; very excited for this one since i like both players generally

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
dont normally do predicts but had a random urge

ORAS UU: The Strap vs dingbat - Both are coming off losses last week after performing really well in UUSD. Similarly, both used some throwback teams although ding added on CB Hera over what used to be Toxicroak on the old Tony RestTalk Blastoise team. Strap's on the other hand was something I made in like 2019 and that was really reflected with how outdated some of the sets were, especially for that lineup of mons. Mostly based off that, gotta give dingbat the bold given how self sufficient and active he is in experimenting and building his own stuff, along with the general success that has followed. Strap's shown in the past he can play well in this tier given the right team and matchup, but hopefully it's something a bit more in tune with the meta right now.

ORAS UU: Highways vs Lyssa - Another matchup of both players coming off losses last week, really interesting matchup though. Highways may not have had the best start in ORAS however many years ago, but he showed in tours like the UU invitational that he can easily hold his own there after leveling up all around as a player in recent years. He did show some rust last week, but I would expect him to improve on that this week with another chance to get his feet wet. I wasnt a particularly huge fan of Reina's team last week, but it also happened to have a horrific matchup into Chait's gaggle of mons that held down the cg ladder in like 2015. Still, given her recent experience and general familiarity with the tier compared to highways as of late, think it's the safer to give her the bold here. Especially since she also has her usual support goons in Bouff and umbry while Highways doesn't have much clear support behind him.

ORAS UU: Killintime vs London Beats - Honestly, this is the main one I wanted to talk about since this is the ORAS game I'm looking forward to most this whole tour. I guess that shouldn't have come as much of a shock considering I ranked them 1 and 2 respectively for the PR, but still. They're easily two of the most active builders / minds in the tier right now, and that's reflected in their personalized teams and general approaches. The main thing with killintime is how creative he is with bringing the right kind of team into whatever opponent he happens to have for the week. It isn't always the most consistent team, but there is always a clear idea behind whatever he decides on. Generally, this works much better vs people that have a bigger sample size in the tier rather than tour players randomly being thrown in. London is a bit of a hybrid in that sense, only recently taking up an interest in the tier and having more of a background in OUs, although making a big splash in the process. However, due to this lack of sample size, I feel inclined to give him the bold here; whereas if this game were to happen later into the tour, I think kt would be able to get a better read into what to bring. Based on last week specifically, I'd say London is also in a bit better of a space in-game right now so just going to go with it. Naturally I think very highly of kt too so could go either way.

Last edited:

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
GSC UU: Lialiabeast vs dawnbuster - pretty clear skill diff

GSC UU: Torchic vs pp's splash town - I’m excited for this matchup. On paper though, pp’s teams and prep ethic just outmatch torchic

GSC UU: innovamania vs Real FV13 - experience and skill diff, also did not like what inno brought last week

GSC UU: SANKE CARP vs d0nut - this is the most interesting mu to me this week. Both players seem to be using good teams, so it’ll come down to which can play better. Just a hunch, but I feel Sanke will prevail. Could absolutely go either way though, this is probably the most even matchup

Last edited:
dont normally do predicts but had a random urge

ORAS UU: The Strap vs dingbat - Both are coming off losses last week after performing really well in UUSD. Similarly, both used some throwback teams although ding added on CB Hera over what used to be Toxicroak on the old Tony RestTalk Blastoise team. Strap's on the other hand was something I made in like 2019 and that was really reflected with how outdated some of the sets were, especially for that lineup of mons. Mostly based off that, gotta give dingbat the bold given how self sufficient and active he is in experimenting and building his own stuff, along with the general success that has followed. Strap's shown in the past he can play well in this tier given the right team and matchup, but hopefully it's something a bit more in tune with the meta right now.

ORAS UU: Highways vs Lyssa - Another matchup of both players coming off losses last week, really interesting matchup though. Highways may not have had the best start in ORAS however many years ago, but he showed in tours like the UU invitational that he can easily hold his own there after leveling up all around as a player in recent years. He did show some rust last week, but I would expect him to improve on that this week with another chance to get his feet wet. I wasnt a particularly huge fan of Reina's team last week, but it also happened to have a horrific matchup into Chait's gaggle of mons that held down the cg ladder in like 2015. Still, given her recent experience and general familiarity with the tier compared to highways as of late, think it's the safer to give her the bold here. Especially since she also has her usual support goons in Bouff and umbry while Highways doesn't have much clear support behind him.

ORAS UU: Killintime vs London Beats - Honestly, this is the main one I wanted to talk about since this is the ORAS game I'm looking forward to most this whole tour. I guess that shouldn't have come as much of a shock considering I ranked them 1 and 2 respectively for the PR, but still. They're easily two of the most active builders / minds in the tier right now, and that's reflected in their personalized teams and general approaches. The main thing with killintime is how creative he is with bringing the right kind of team into whatever opponent he happens to have for the week. It isn't always the most consistent team, but there is always a clear idea behind whatever he decides on. Generally, this works much better vs people that have a bigger sample size in the tier rather than tour players randomly being thrown in. London is a bit of a hybrid in that sense, only recently taking up an interest in the tier and having more of a background in OUs, although making a big splash in the process. However, due to this lack of sample size, I feel inclined to give him the bold here; whereas if this game were to happen later into the tour, I think kt would be able to get a better read into what to bring. Based on last week specifically, I'd say London is also in a bit better of a space in-game right now so just going to go with it. Naturally I think very highly of kt too so could go either way.

nah i'd win vs all in yugioh

EllingtonReborn

I'm Amity
is a Pre-Contributor
ADV UU: Xrn vs shiloh - Xrn brought my team last week which is bonus points, not that he needs them since I believe xrn is a great player. Shiloh has a creativity advantage though as we saw, support def payed off.

ADV UU: fatty vs Hyogafodex - No question

ADV UU: Heysup vs Chaos23333 - Also no question but there's always a chance Heysup can get crit again, Heysup would def know how to build against someone like Chaos tho.

ADV UU: Parpar vs Garay oak - Close matchup for me actually, I think Garay had bad luck last week but hes willing to take a bit more chances than Parpar and I still think it can pay off.

Imagine if 7 Solrocks are brought again lol also if someone wants to cocommentate with me on my next vid lmk

MrSoup

my gf broke up with me again
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
thursday picks woohoo

GSC UU: Lialiabeast vs dawnbuster - both had strong week 1s and i think lia is better than most give credit but dawn didn't give me any reason to not bold

GSC UU: Torchic vs pp's splash town - torchic brought a really bad team last week and pp didn't

GSC UU: innovamania vs Real FV13 - inno mightve gotten unlucky last week but i have reduced faith after bringing a build 6-0d by piloswine. meanwhile fv played fine enough despite losing to dawn.

GSC UU: SANKE CARP vs d0nut - physically i dont wanna not bold sanke again but i was very pleasantly surprised with d0nuts build last week and my suspicions they may be behind on the meta are quelled

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)