UU Throughout the Ages Tournament- Round 5- January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Approved by the Earthen Worm
Tournaments Forum Rules

The UU Tier has undergone numerous changes over the years since the beginning of the 4th Generation. Numerous policy changes, bans, and strategy changes have constantly reshaped the UU metagame. This tournament will explore the UU metagame from its beginning (a.k.a. Old UU) to the recent Heracross drop (September 2010). Well, because of the detour, we won't make it to Heracross. Each round will explore a different UU metagame after each tiering change in chronological order. The metagames are January 2009, Old UU, July 2009,October 2009, January 2010, May 2010.

This round's metagame is January 2010. This is the round after all of the HeartGold/SoulSilver move tutors appeared, so this is a pretty different metagame than the previous one. I'm pretty good at screwing up tier lists, so if I make an error, PM me. If I messed something up in the pairings, PM me. Any questions? Complaints? Other? PM me.

Rules:
Species Clause
Classic Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Classic Freeze Clause
Strict Damage Clause (if played on Shoddy, PO has this already)
Evasion Clause
Self-KO Clause (this will be implemented because it was not deemed uncompetitive until December 2010.)
Single Elimination, but with 3-person round robin finals
HGSS moves are NOT allowed until they have been released (they will be allowed from October 2009 metagame onwards). It's October 2009. They're OK.

Banlists and Pokemon and such:
Here is the UU List for January 2010:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65637.
Jabba's 'np thread': http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65625.
Pokemon currently in UU or BL that are not allowed yet: Heracross, Yanmega
Pokemon not allowed in this metagame or future metagames: Abomasnow, Smeargle, Staraptor, Crobat, Shaymin
Pokemon in OU now that are allowed: None

The extension deadline is Wednesday, February 23th @ 11:59:59 PM. If you cannot complete your extension match by then, I will take action. If you know you cannot complete it, you should activity post to be safe.

The Round Four deadline is Thursday, March 3th @ 11:59:59 PM. If you cannot complete your match by then, you should activity post to be safe.

Good luck, and please PM me with any complaints/questions/corrections.

Pairings:

Dummy007 vs Xiang
Limitless vs JabbaTheGriffin
Wilson46 vs reachzero

Changes in a nutshell:

HONCHKROW AND GALLADE ARE OUT
CRESSELIA AND PORYGON-Z ARE IN.
RAIKOU AND FROSLASS ARE STILL IN.

Dummy007 vs (Xiang vs. Uragg)
Limitless vs JabbaTheGriffin
Wilson46 vs reachzero

Come on Dummy. Let's all win our Round 5's!

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
wtf that thing learns belly drum...who the fuck even uses it in uu gdi

fuckin horrible match, xiang is a (BAN ME PLEASE).

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gg haha if you had subbed predicting those 2 megahorn misses in a row you would have won though that would have been pretty funny

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kindof haxed poor wilson46, tbh. Good game, but man that metagame was really terrible, glad it's over!

DetroitLolcat

Awesome. Two of three done. I'll give Xiang a second chance (as it is the semifinals, kind of lame to decide the semis on an activity win), thanks for meeting the deadline or activity posting, guys.

Finals will be up either Friday or Sunday, depending on when the battle gets done. I will be away on Saturday and a good part of Sunday, so if there is anything you need to PM me about, do it NOW.

Thank you.

Re-VMed Xiang with a time. Hopefully we'll get this done (although I was kind of hoping for the activity win so I could play reach and Jabba :P).

DetroitLolcat

If it's not done by the end of the weekend, I'll probably just give you the win. I just didn't feel right calling a semifinal match on activity without giving a second chance.

If it's not done by the end of the weekend, I'll probably just give you the win. I just didn't feel right calling a semifinal match on activity without giving a second chance.
Understandable. I think I've won at least half of my tournament victories on activity, so this should be adequate payback. (Now to make a team...)

EDIT: I didn't see Xiang on at the time I suggested, so I guess I get the activity win as I can't play tomorrow...

DetroitLolcat

Okay, I know it's way past deadline and I haven't posted the finals. The match between Dummy007 and Xiang is incomplete and I'm not sure how to call it. I'm leaning on Dummy for more activity in the thread, but I'll be fair and get a TD decision. I will probably just give you more time to complete the match because it is a semifinal match. Xiang has communicated me via PM giving legitimate reason why the battle is incomplete, so I don't want to disqualify him.

Bottom line: I'll PM the battlers again and the Tournament Directors if this thing persists much longer.

EDIT: Looks like Dummy is already VMing. Should be done tomorrow if all goes well.

Battling Xiang atm. I'll edit in the results.

EDIT: Lost to Xiang 2-0. This is probably mostly my fault due to barely editing my team from R4 (Cress over Slowbro, Pory-Z over Honchkrow). Really intense, but I overpredicted on Turn 1 (Spiking with ScarfLass expecting a Taunt so I could save my Scarf to Trick onto his Cress...he OHKOed with Shadow Ball), which allowed him to set up three layers of Spikes (due to me stupidly switching in Toxicroak and overpredicting with Sucker Punch expecting him to Destiny Bond). Then he had a Specially Defensive Shuffler Rhyperior which lived unboosted HP Ice from Raikou at 30% and OHKOd with EQ. It ended with my then-Scarfed Cress spamming Psychic against a Pressure-stalling Raikou and dying due to Struggle. gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)