UU Threat lists

Going to refine this even more, theres too much bulk here. A threat list should not be this large since you may as well say everything in UU is threatening. It has to honestly be common in usuage or has a genuinely dangerous options which will exploit people.

I'm sure first thing people will notice is UU has a very heavy physical bias and this is true. Theres not enough physical defensive power in UU and quite a good deal of physical offensive power. For that reason Steelix and Drapion have been in consideration for UU for a long time now and probably would have been next to see a movedown. Though UU has always been very hyper offensive anyway.

Offensive Threats (Physical)
Pinsir
Hitmonlee
Primeape
Hitmontop
Hitmonchan
Kabutops/Relicanth (If you got one, you got both)
Rapidash
Swellow
Kingler
Absol
Kangaskhan
Scyther
Golem - Statistically Golem is falling into NU'ish territory but Ground/Rock is definitely dangerous offensively
Armaldo- It WILL take hits and dish them out even harder

x-Poliwrath- Certainly does offer a great attacking combo but its attack is too low honestly.
x-
Crawdaunt- Statistically, Crawdaunt has been virtually unused for months now. Sharpedo has pretty much usurped it.
x-Aggron- It can offer a offensive threat but not to the extent everyone will cower in fear of it.
x-Dodrio- Lack of usuage and chances are if you covered Swellow than you've covered Dodrio

Offensive Threats (Special)
Venomoth
Ninetales
Rotom
Omastar
Manectric
Ampharos
Glaceon
Golduck
Clamperl
Froslass
Shiftry- Although it can be either, honestly special ones see more use due to its Leaf Storm and Nasty Plot. Physically it typically only ever uses Explosion.

x-Wailord
- No.

Offensive Threats (Generic)
Nidoking
Sharpedo
Toxicroak
Raichu
Pikachu
Altaria
Camerupt
Lapras - Special variations are still as viable due to Boltbeam as its DD form

Defensive Threats (Physical)
Quagsire
Sandslash
Cloyster
Pelipper
Nidoqueen
Torkoal
Claydol - One of the best freakin counters for two of the Hitmons
Rotom - This thing switches in too easily on too many things

x-Omastar - No.
x-Aggron- Only thing it stops is Swellow/Dodrio. Everything else rapes it.
x-Golem- No Rhyperior boy, its no Rhyperior.

Defensive Threats (Special)
Hypno
Grumpig
Noctowl
Lanturn
Mantine
Politoed
Muk
Probopass - Really, it takes special hits much better.

Defensive Threats (Generic)
Vileplume
Meganium
Shuckle
Blastoise
Gastrodon
Hitmontop
Altaria
Poliwrath
Clefable
Drifblim
Walrein
Gorebyss - Really needs a mention. Only thing in the game which gets BP + Amnesia + Iron Defense. Little used but its just such a good generic defensive line.

x-Lapras - Has honestly always been more of a threat offensively
x-Probopass - Tends to be more special biased especially when you consider Aggron is better physically and not shabby in special.
x-Claydol - It tends to be more physically orientated even for CM setups
x-Lunatone/Solrock - Definitely on their way out
x-Kangaskhan - Just bulky offensive. Not defensive.

x-Aggron- It can offer a offensive threat but not to the extent everyone will cower in fear of it.
I would say a CB Aggron (Aggron has base 110 attack BTW) which just happens to have STAB on rock, which is one of the best STABs to have in a metagame where many viable pokemon are weak to rock is a worthy offensive threat, wouldn't you?

And if you mention speed as an issue, it goes well with Trick Room as a late game sweeper.

I never considered speed an issue since it gets Rock Polish too and yes Rock is a good STAB. But Steel typing has always been a awful offensive, look at the defensive threats. Most of them comfortably soak up damage from Aggron even taking its vast move coverage into consideration. Also honestly most of the other offensive threats hit far harder than Aggron.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CB Aggron with Stone Edge / Focus Punch / Earthquake / Filler has the same coverage as most of those early bigger threats, plus it gets Curse to make it an even bigger threat. It should certainly stay on the offencive list.

From an outsider's perspective on UU, such as myself, this Threat List looks really confusing. If somone could just maybe write in a few lines explaining why said pokemon is threatening, similiar to the one in the RMT forums, that'd be great.

Otherwise nice Topic for those interested in UU.

If Omastar is a special offensive threat, then so is Gorebyss as they are almost the same. Gorebyss just has different weaknesses and resistances.

I don't see why it's used so much less; you don't have to fear Fighting and Ground moves so much.

CB Aggron with Stone Edge / Focus Punch / Earthquake / Filler has the same coverage as most of those early bigger threats, plus it gets Curse to make it an even bigger threat. It should certainly stay on the offencive list.
Could we try listing Aggron's options without the Choice Band? You say that like the others couldn't use CB or Focus Punch too. Curse has been an ineffective strategy in D/P for the most part and most of the other threats get Swords Dance/Bulk Up or generally higher attack or speed. The coverage you listed is generic so consider this.

If you can counter the others with the more reliable Bulk Up or Swords Dance, higher attack and the same coverage. Then wouldn't you be countering Aggron at the same time anyway?

From an outsider's perspective on UU, such as myself, this Threat List looks really confusing. If somone could just maybe write in a few lines explaining why said pokemon is threatening, similiar to the one in the RMT forums, that'd be great.

Otherwise nice Topic for those interested in UU.
I don't mind giving it a go later on, it'd be a good idea.

If Omastar is a special offensive threat, then so is Gorebyss as they are almost the same. Gorebyss just has different weaknesses and resistances.
Thats pretty much right, though the above is definitely a rough. I suppose its used less because Omastar gets Rock STAB which always comes in handy.

why i pikachu generic? volt tackle? its more of a special threat and NP persian is very big threat due to its speed

Problem is, most of the UU walls lack a recovery move. Therefore, Aggron can just keep mounting on the pressure with its fierce attacks. I never mention steel, just rock is perhaps the best offensive typing in UU.

110 Base Attack is massive for UU.

Hell, even if this guy is very similar to Golem, I'd put Golem/Aggron as you cannot argue he is not a threat.

I think that logic can be applied to Blastoise aswell, since he is pretty mcuh outclassed in defensive walling by Gastrodon and Qugsire.

If you have covered them, you've covered Blastiose

Having actually tried to use Sableye as a UU staller I can assure it fails spectacularly in the role.

Even with no weaknesses it lacks the defences to take repeated hits and generally won't survive a critical hit from any strong attack ...

Thats pretty much right, though the above is definitely a rough. I suppose its used less because Omastar gets Rock STAB which always comes in handy.
I think Gorebyss' Psychic more than makes up for it. OHKOs Toxicroak, Qwilfish and 2HKOs 252 HP Poliwrath (@Leftovers) and it doesn't even need Life orb to do this.

I've revamped the original post and split them into categories. Some similar threats(Dodrio/Swellow) have been lumped together.

I'm still not convinced with Persian being a special threat, even with Nasty Plot. Speed is all it has going for him. It's special attack is still low.

I'm still not convinced with Persian being a special threat, even with Nasty Plot. Speed is all it has going for him. It's special attack is still low.
Erm not quite ...
Technician

When this Pokémon uses a move that has 60 base power or less, damage is increased by 50%. STAB and effectiveness modifiers are not counted when deciding whether the ability activates.

Nasty Plot + Tecnician + STAB Swift = Pain.

I'm going to have to second the Crawdaunt and Omastar mentions. These pokemon are really
good and don't get enough love. I'm going to give reasons why people have to consider them
when making a team.

342: CRAWDAUNT 63/120/85/90/55/55
Crawdaunt is basically a slow Sharpedo, but it can switch in on moves other than Psychic and
Rapid Spin. With base 120 attack, it can hit 483 attack with a Life Orb, 558 attack when
holding a Choice Band, or 744 after a Swords Dance (sharpedo dooesn't get SD btw). This is
extremely powerful by UU standards. STABed Crunch is the real reason to use Crawdaunt over
Kingler. In UU, water attacks are easily walled with Blastoise, Meganium, and Quagsire
running around. Crunch, however, is not. Get crawdaunt in on one of his seven resistances,
(fire, ice, water, ghost, dark, steel, psychic) and fire off a 558 attack crunch at the
opponent's team. Unless they resist Dark, there is a very good chance they will be killed by
it.
You could say Crawdaunt has just enough speed to get he job done. He has enough to outrun
and terrorize slow walls, but has the power to OHKO any sweepers that might try and switch
in. Rotom, Primape and Pinsir can all kill Crawdaunt, but they'll never get in on him alive.
Here is some calcs on some of the UU defensive switch-ins. As you will soon see, it's pretty
scary. It's even worse when you consider than most of these walls lack recovery.

Crunch on standard 216/148 bold Meganium: 45-53% SR means a probable 2HKO

Crunch on standard 252/252 bold Blastoise: 40-48% 3HKO. Possible 2HKO with SR.

Crunch on standard 252/160 impish Quagsire: 42-52% 3HKO. Possible 2HKO with SR.

Crunch on standard 252/200 careful Altaria: 57-67% 2HKO.

Waterfall on standard 252/72 impish Hitmontop: 59-70% 2HKO

Waterfall/Crunch on standard 212/252 relaxed Gastrodon: 45-53% SR means a probable 2HKO

Waterfall on standard 252/0 adamant Aggron: 71-84% 2HKO (superpower OHKOs this)

Waterfall on standard 252/96 impish Shuckle: 70-83% 2HKO, possible OHKO with SR

Waterfall on standard 252/0 modest Probopass: 91-108% possible OHKO

Aerial Ace on standard 24/0 Toxicroak (he walls crawdaunt) 92-109% possible OHKO

Aerial Ace on standard 252/0 adamant Poliwrath (also walls) 56-65% 2HKO

So, as you can see, very few pokemon can switch into Crawdaunt safely. Obviously Rotom,
Hypno, Grumpig, Ninetales, Hitmonlee, Scyther, Claydol, Nidoqueen, and all those other
bog-standard UU pokemon are going to get OHKOed. The list grows larger if you set up Stealth
Rock. I know, Sharpedo is a lot faster, but when it comes to wall breaking power, Crawdaunt
is one tough pokemon to wall. Only three pokemon (top of list) can come in to ANY move and
not get 2HKOed. However, Stealth Rock or defense drops from Crunch (20% chance) ruins any
hope from walling it. Out of the three, only Meganium can do anything to Crawdaunt OR even
threaten crawdaunt.

Now I'm gonna do Omastar.

139: OMASTAR 70/60/125/115/70/55
Omastar is a fearsome sweeper. 469 special attack, (LIFE ORB) STAB on Surf, and the defenses
to try and sweep more than once, Omastar simply must be considered when making a team.
Water/Rock seems like crap typing. It is. However, Omastar can come in on Swellow, Dodrio
and friends all day, set up rain, and destroy stuff for five turns. Ice beam easily 2HKOs
all of those pesky Grass Types, and HP Grass destroys Quagsire and BLastoise. While he has
several counters (Mantine, Lanturn... pretty much all water pokemon) Omastar is still very
hard to stop. Hits 400+ speed in the rain, and pummels your team with a 213 BP move off it's
base 115 special attack.
Lets do some calcs, and then dicuss it's counters.

Ice Beam on standard 216/0 Meganium: 75-88% 2HKO.

HP Grass on standard 252/0 Blastoise: 53-63% 2HKO.

HP Grass on standard 252/0 Quagsire: 145-172% OHKO.

HP Grass on standard 40/240 calm Lanturn: 44-51% 2HKO with SR.

Ice Beam on standard 252/252 calm Mantine: 13-15% COUNTER'd

Ice Beam on standard 244/128 calm Vileplume: 62-74% 2HKO.

Surf on standard 252/200 calm Hypno: 56-66% 2HKO.

Surf on standard 252/96 calm Grumpig: 64-76% 2HKO.

If surf 2HKOs the best special walls in UU, obviously, nothing else is spared. Without HP
Grass, Quagsire and Lanturn wall it completely. Without HP Electric, Mantine can switch in
all day. While counterable, if you aren't packing these pokemon, watch out; Omastar has a
good shot at sweeping you.

So I hope I made my point about these pokemon. Put them on the threat list. People need to
be aware of them. And I'm sure some people I have fought on Shoddy can attest that these
pokemon are indeed powerful and need to be considered when making a team.

Heres the problem with Crawdaunt when we're talking about a threat list. A threat list needs to be streamlined to make people aware of common threats. Crawdaunt is not a common threat and therefore the threat it provides is not major. Hell its so low in usuage that any lower and nobody would be using it, DITTO is used more than Crawdaunt.

If we're putting on all general threats then we may as well list the whole of UU, because everything is a threat in UU technically. UU has actually always been much heavier biased towards offensive, standard play is actually far more defensive.

I gotta say Specs Altaria is pretty beastly in UU. Just forget about the base 70 sp.attack (393 after specs) and focus on the sheer power of a STAB Draco Meteor in a metagame where 3 pokemon resist it. All 3 can be taken care of by hp ground btw.

As per Train Man's suggestion I've elaborated on the UU offensive threats list. I've actually omitted alot after going through again and deciding some just aren't common enough and this list is freakin bloated as it is anyway. Defensive threats will follow some time later.

Shiftry I'm not too sure about on reconsideration, two of the other Nasty Plot users pack a sleep move too and Shiftry has a hard time switching in. Not to mention its weaknesses...

Gorebyss probably isn't near common enough to be a offensive threat though it poses a genuine offensive and defensive threat. Camerupt doesn't strike me as something you go "oh shi- must counter" about, Raichu actually has difficulty setting up unlike the other two mentioned Nasty Plotters and Pikachu can barely ever switch in unlike Clamperl. Manectric, well its him or Raichu...Manectric only offers Overheat to the table.

Offensive Threats (Physical)

Hitmonlee: Type – Fighting
120 attack, 87 speed, 110 special defence and immunity to paralysis. Offensive options include STAB Close Combat, Reversal, Mach Punch and Hi Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Stone Edge, Earthquake and Bullet Punch. Switches in relatively safely into most special attacks and will usually be holding a Choice Band and occasionally Scarf. Main threat is speed coupled with STAB Close Combat making one of the most powerful attacks in UU.

Primeape: Type – Fighting

105 attack, 95 speed and immunity to sleep. Incredibly diverse movepool includes STAB Close Combat, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Overheat, Punishment, elemental punches, Taunt, Bulk Up and Reversal. It is the only other Fighting type in the game besides Infernape to have access to U-Turn. Learns Focus Energy and has access to two powerful high crit moves in Stone Edge and Cross Chop. Main threat is due to speed and U-Turn allowing hit and run.

Hitmontop: Type – Fighting
95 attack, 95 defence, 110 special defence. The epitomy of balanced with no clear weaknesses and two very powerful traits, Intimidate the defensive and technician the offensive. Other options include Agility and Bulk Up to further boost its offensive/defensive capabilities. STAB Close Combat, Stone Edge, Earthquake offer much needed power. Moves affected by Technician include Pursuit, Triple Kick, Aerial Ace, Fake Out, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch and Quick Attack giving it an incredible priority game. Incredibly easy to switch in due to Intimidate, high defenses, Rapid Spin and resistance to Stealth rock. Due to this reason it is also one of the top defensive threats as well. Hitmontop threat is having no true weaknesses to exploit easily, it is also the 2nd most common UU Pokemon in the entire game.

Hitmonchan: Type – Fighting
105 attack, 110 special defence. Has access to all three elemental punches boosted by Iron Fist and in turn the most powerful Focus/Drain Punch in the game. Bulk Up or Agility can be used to further its offensive capabilities. Main threat comes from its near perfect type coverage, relative sturdiness with a speed booster and its access to most of the other offensive options of the Hitmon clan.

Kabutops: Type – Rock/Water
115 attack, 80 speed with Swift Swim and double STAB on one of the best offensive typings. Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, Night slash offer extra coverage and a STAB priority attack in Aqua Jet. Rain Dance will boost both speed and offense, Swords Dance serves to enhance its high attack. Other support options include Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Confuse Ray, Rain Dance, Rock Polish and Swords Dance. Main threat is its overwhelming power and speed.

Relicanth: Type – Rock/Water

100HP, 130 defence enables it switch in quite often although its attack is only decent at best. The top threat here is a recoilless STAB Head Smash packing over 225 power! In short it means that even if you resist Head Smash it can sometimes be still powerful enough to do neutral damage regardless. Rock Polish, Stealth Rock and Yawn will be the main support moves, Earthquake and STAB Waterfall its main coverage. Main items it carries are Choice Band, Stone Plate, Life Orb or Muscle Band.

Rapidash: Type – Fire

100 attack, 105 speed, 80 special attack and immunity to fire. Main offense lies in its STAB Flare Blitz and Megahorn and its ability to fast Hypnosis when in trouble. Main threat is a fast sleep and powerful physical STAB, if you see it set up Sunny Day than expect a possible mixed set with Solarbeam.

Swellow: Type – Flying/Normal

125 speed makes it among the fastest in all of UU. It will regularly be carrying Burn Orb in conjunction with the Guts ability. STAB Facade and Brave Bird with U-Turn and Pursuit will be its main methods of attack. Main threat is its near unmatched speed.

Kingler: Type – Water

130 attack, 115 defence and respectable 75 speed. Swords Dance with STAB Crabhammer gives it the tied highest attack in the whole of UU. Main coverage will be Brick Break, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Return or occasionally Flail. Be warned it will occasionally use Knock Off and may occasionally have a Choice item. Overwhelming power will be hard to deal with.

Absol: Type – Dark
130 attack, 75 speed and Swords Dance with STAB Sucker Punch ties it for highest attack in UU and gives it the strongest priority attack in the entire game. Night Slash in conjunction with Super Luck ability threatens with regular critical hits. Coverage will be through Psycho Cut, Stone Edge, Aerial Ace and X-Scissor. Also has access to a multitude of support options in Will O’Wisp, Thunder Wave, Magic Coat, Mean Look and Baton Pass. Immunity to the common UU Psychic attacks lets it get in easily and Swords Danced Sucker Punch is the biggest threat here.

Kangaskhan: Type – Normal
95 attack and 90 speed is relatively low for a sweeper but Scrappy with STAB Return negates Ghost immunity. Main coverage moves will be SubPunch or Hammer Arm, Earthquake and Crunch. However be warned it has access to elemental punches, Avalanche and a strong priority game in Sucker Punch and STAB Fake Out. Main concern is the simplicity it can be used with due to its monstrous bulkiness of 100 HP and 80 for both defenses. Also commonly seen using a Choice Band/Muscle Band to make up for its power or Lum Berry since it hates Burn.

Scyther: Type – Flying/Bug
110 attack, 105 speed coupled with Swords Dance and respectable defences. Technician turns its STAB Aerial Ace into a deadly attack, Brick Break, Night Slash offers coverage and STAB U-Turn will let it hit and run very hard. Scyther also offers an incredibly powerful Reversal game. Resistance to fighting and immunity to ground gives it ways of switching in. But the main threat is its hit & run tactics being able to Baton Pass out stat boosts when in danger making it very hard to kill. Focus Sash, Salac and Lum berries are its items of choice.

Armaldo: Type- Rock/Bug
125 attack with Swords Dance and very strong double STAB. Its defenses and typing also gives it a distinct level of tank like properties. Rock Polish and Earthquake only serve to round out its offensive abilities.

Cacturne: Type- Grass/Dark
Usually seen as a lead. Cacturne is orientated towards the physical however despite double 115 offenses. A deadly Swords Dance STAB Sucker Punch is the main form of attack. This, complimented with STAB Seed Bomb which breaks many common walls apart is the main selling point. Counter with Focus Sash is another of its favourite tricks commonly seen.

Offensive Threats (Special)

Venomoth: Type- Poison/Bug
90 speed, 90 special attack is pretty mediocre. However Tinted Lens means 2x resistance are negated, effectively meaning nothing resists its STAB Bug Buzz. Add in its fast Sleep Powder and ability to Baton Pass speed boosts with Agility. Fast sleep and no truly safe switches are the main concerns here. Bug/Poison resists fighting, bug and is neutral to ground allows it to switch in easily despite its low defense. Items it may carry range from Petaya Berry, CSpecs and Focus Sash.

Ninetales: Type- Fire
100 speed and Hypnosis coupled with Nasty Plot and a solid movepool of Energy Ball, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory and STAB Flamethrower. Solid special defence and HP also make it very easy to switch in. Obvious reasons for being a threat are clear.

Omastar: Type- Water/Rock
115 special attack gives Omastar the most powerful special attack of any non-Uber water type in the entire game. Swift Swim and Rain Dance only serve to enhance this, STAB Ancientpower lets Omastar boast having possibly the only reliable Rock special attack in the entire game. High defence lets it set up quick and hit incredibly hard.

Ampharos: Type- Electric
115 special attack and STAB Thunderbolt will injure almost anything that’s not resistant or immune to it. SubPunch and Hidden Power will be the common coverage moves. It’ll mainly rely on its bulk to make easy switch ins and take full advantage of its high coverage. Though there is a tendency for it to appear Scarfed or in Trick Room teams.

Glaceon: Type- Ice
130 special attack and STAB Ice Beam/Blizzard will completely cripple near anything in any metagame. Shadowball offers good additional coverage and Fake Tears lets it enhance the damage caused. Most often it will also have HP Fighting for coverage. Chances are its normally Choice Scarfed or Spec’d.

Golduck: Type- Water

Hypnosis with Calm Mind, respectable speed and special attack are the main cause for concern here. STAB Surf with Ice Beam or a Hidden Power are the normal methods of attack. Also an ideal counter to the common UU rain teams due to its trait Cloud Nine which cancels out all weather effects and resistance to water.

Clamperl: Type – Water

DeepSeaTooth doubles Clamperl’s special attack to astronomical levels which allows it to tear most things in the game apart. However this threat is only limited to Trick Room due to its poor speed but its good defence and typing allows it to switch in once its setup.

Froslass: Type- Ghost/Ice
STAB Ghost/Ice, 110 speed, Thunderbolt gives it very high coverage and it also gains all the other benfits of a ghost like Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, Disable and Thunder Wave. Also occasionally comes equipped with Specs or even Spikes. Its typing also lets it easily switch into fighting attacks which are arguably the most common attack type in UU. Froslass also boasts being the most common UU Pokemon in the entire game.

Persian: Type- Normal

115 speed puts it very high up in terms of speed. Technician offers it a much needed power boost in both physical and special categories. Nasty Plot and Hypnosis has caused Persian to orientate more towards a special sweeper role despite a low 65 special attack. Water Pulse, Shock Wave and Swift offer great Technician'd special options. It can also provide an effective scout with Fake Out and U-Turn being viable physical options.

Manectric: Type - Electric
105 speed and 105 special attack makes Manectric into a solid special attacker. Overall generic electric with Hidden Power Grass + STAB Thunderbolt as its main options. However people unfamiliar to UU are caught off guard by the incredibly powerful Overheat which hits even harder than its STAB. This will wreck havoc on most traditional counters and makes Manectric great for hit and run. Normal held items are Specs, if it holds Life Orb expect either Thunder Wave or a Crunch.

Offensive Threats (Generic)

Nidoking: Type- Poison/Ground
Absolutely incredible movepool and good all round stats mean it can hit almost anything super effective in the entire game from either side. Reliable STAB Earthquake only serves to enhance the threat. Most commonly it will be carrying Life Orb or Expert Belt as its item of choice. Resistance to Fighting/Rock a normally reliable combination works in its favour.

Sharpedo: Type- Dark/Water
Although unable to switch in often except on psychic attacks, 120/95 offenses and 95 speed means it can hit incredibly hard and fast from both sides of the spectrum. It’ll mainly carry Life Orb or any of the 3 Choice items. Main attacks will consist of Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Hydro Pump, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Ice Fang and Earthquake. Surf is actually seldom used since it needs more power to justify its fragility.

Toxicroak: Type- Poison/Fighting
106/86 offenses and 85 speed with Nasty Plot and Swords Dance as options with a multitude of both special and physical priority and power attacks. Dry Skin also grants a Water Absorb ability and high HP regeneration in rain allows it to carry Life Orb regularly. It is dangerously unpredictable and incredibly easy to switch in due to some major resistances.

Lapras: Type- Ice/Water
130HP, 80/95 defences give some amazing bulk to setup with despite a poor defensive typing. STAB Ice Beam with Thunderbolt gives some solid special coverage along with Surf. However Dragon Dance also offers it the option of physical sweeps with Ice Shard and Waterfall at its disposal.

Clefable: Type- Normal
Clefable is relatively sturdy and has a movepool out the wazoo, Clefable practically learns near everything in the game whether it be healing, attack or defense. Magic Guard a unique trait to Clefable ignores all passive damage thus making Cleffy immune to Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Poison, Burn (but still gets attack cut), Leech Seed and even Life Orb recoil! Respectable offenses allow it to take advantage of its many options however the most dangerous sets tend to be offensive. Common setups may include Facade/Toxic Orb, Life Orb Boltbeam, Gravity /Blizzard/Thunder, defensive setups will be Calm Minders usually. However average stats and low speed usually means it will have to specialize making prediction possible and fighters often constantly threaten.

Manectric, well its him or Raichu...Manectric only offers Overheat to the table.
I'd be inclined to include him ... he's certainly seems far more prevalent than a number of the threats listed.

Forsety, some of the base stats you mentioned are wrong. Kabutops has 80 speed, whilst Absol and Kingler have 75 speed, not 70.

Also Swellow tends to carry Facade to abuse Guts. Worth mentioning as it is probably the most obvious threat it poses.

EDIT: I don't think Kabutops gets Earthquake either.

@Lemmiwinks

Thanks for the corrections and done for some reason I thought of Dig as EQ. At least it gives a reason to mention Relicanth too.

I'd be inclined to include him ... he's certainly seems far more prevalent than a number of the threats listed.
Which one should be added? Manectric or Raichu? My impression is you meant Manectric.

Also it just occurred to me I missed Clefable as a generic offensive threat, I honestly find the dangerous Clefables out there attack rather than stall. Also I keep looking at Aggron and wondering if hes really necessary to add as a threat, I honestly don't see that many UU cowering in fear of its rock STAB when Relicanth, Armaldo and Kabutops are around. Also Aggron does require a considerable ammount of prediction to use at times...

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Gorebyss should definitely be included in the Special threats list. With 114 SpAtt, access to a decent variety of Special moves (Psychic/Surf/Ice Beam/Hidden Power), as well as high Defence and that Water typing it can hold its own and come in on a lot of moves, and with Rain Dance it can overcome its only problem being that 52 base Speed with Swift Swim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)