UU RMT

I just skim through your team, and stop at Top, noticing that he does not have Rapid Spin. He can still be an effective revenge killer with Rapid Spin occupying Bullet Punch or Sucker Punch. Losing Sucker Punch means that Rotom can come in and block your spin, and you can't kill it. Losing Bullet Punch means losing to CM/Nasty Plot Mismagius, as it will boost while you try Sucker Punching it. Losing Fake Out is fine too if you're worried about the ghosties blocking Spin. Sucker Punch Rotom, Bullet Punch Mismagius, and Rapid Spin after they die. I don't think Fake Out would be doing much except flinch, but either way you'll have priority when you switch Top in. So, in 2 scenarios you're prone to a Spin blocker, but getting rid of Stealth Rocks, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes is invaluable. 1 Layer of Spikes + Stealth Rock = much more dangerous switching.

Again, I was just sort of skimming, so I can't find a general counter to the team. Hope I helped, anyway; and good luck!

Cheers, i did notice toxic spikes was ending my sweeps much sooner than nesscessary, i'll replace fake out, although i was reluctant to lose the extra priority but the long term gains are greater.

You don't need Memento on Uxie. U-Turn is so much better. Why you ask? It's because if as you say they switch, it will negate the drop in Atk and SpeA. Then you lose your Screener and Stealth Rocker if they Rapid Spin the rocks away.

Bulky waters can really hurt your Sweepers. Milotic resists most of Feraligatr's Attacks and can hurt him with HP Electric, Surf hurts Blaziken a lot.

A pokemon that can rip holes in your team is Rhyperior. With the shift down to UU. It shines even more. Rock Polish sets are dangerous to your team. After a Rock Polish Rhyperior hits a speed of 392. Which means it can outspeed your whole team, unless Blaziken is out and already got an Agility boost. But it can't OHKO Rhyperior. If your Uxie was using the set you have now, screens would be gone and your only chance of countering would be gone too. It sets up on Hitmontop or Registeel. Because your only chance of countering it is having Feraligatr out with 1 DD, you don't really have a good counter. But if you changed Memento to U-turn on your Uxie, it could set up screens once again, switch to Clefable to get a Wish off if your Feraligatr was hurt. Then switch to Feraligatr to DD up and sweep.

First things first, I love the idea of this team, DS Uxie with Memento is pretty cool and going into a sweeper for some early damage is nice. However there are some nitpicks.

First, you should be running Swords Dance Gallade over Feraligatr. Gallade is a monster in UU and with the DS up and Memento on a pokemon, Gallade will be able to rip through teams with a free Swords Dance. The only problems are Gallade's counters, which are taken care of by Registeel anyway. The set should look something like:

Gallade @ Lum Berry
Steadfast
Adamant
6 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

~Swords Dance
~Close Combat
~Night Slash
~Shadow Sneak

CC and Night Slash provide ridiculous coverage for your team while Shadow Sneak is for priority.

I would also like to see Blaziken changed to Honchkrow, another amazing UU pokemon. Honchkrow has amazing coverage and can go with a mixed set with Heat Wave to hit steels. Your opponent can try to predict what move you will use out of Honchkrow's huge movepool but either way, Honchkrow's natural bulk and huge movepool make it a huge threat under dual screens. I would go with the following set.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Super Luck
Naive/Hasty
224 Atk/ 48 SpA/ 236 Spe

~Brave Bird/Drill Peck
~Sucker Punch
~Substitute
~Heat Wave/Super Power

Send in Honchkrow and setting up a Sub on the switch will let him wreck havoc with your opponent. With a sub up, Sucker Punch becomes amazing since your opponent can't do anything besides set up to avoid it when you hide behind a Sub, Brave Bird is powerful STAB while Drill Peck conserves his HP. Heat Wave hits from the Special Side while Super Power adds a strong physical move. If you go with Super Power, max out Atk and Spe. If you want a more specially based attacker, you can play around with the EV's, but this set should work out fine since Honckrow's main counters are faster pokemon, but a Sub behind DS for Honchkrow means that something is going to die.

Also, I really don't like Kumar's idea of Rapid Spin on Technitop. Technitop is more of a revenge killer and sweeper and Fake Out really does help with the extra damage. There's also no real need for it at all since you have 3 pokemon vulnerable to Toxic Spikes, and all of them are sweepers, so they won't enjoy the Toxic damage, but on the other hand, it does not hamper their core purpose and prevents random other status like Paralyze and Burns stopping your sweepers. Also I see Hitmontop filling a really necessary role of revenge killing and using him to spin defeats that purpose. Hitmontop seems like the poke that can come in and clean up the guys weakened by your sweepers. Which he fills really nicely with Fake Out to gurantee OHKO's. Since most of your team defeates Mismagius anyway after a boost or by walling with Encore, I don't see the need for Bullet Punch at all. In fact, Close Combat would work much better. Close Combat is ridiculously powerful and helps Hitmontop overcome Registeels that try to come in and stop him.

A third nitpick would be Thunder Wave over Toxic on Registeel. With two ridiculous walls, you could easily spread the para so your sweepers could come back in after the DS goes down and outspeed stuff.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to try out DS Memento Uxie now with my UU team because it looks like it can cause a devastating sweep from something. I hope my rate helps.

I still think memento is better as it forces the switch no matter what as any damage taken is tiny, even with double screens up a Super Effective hit is not something i want to have to deal with and the forced switch gives me the free turn of set up. Although the advantage of coming back in to re-screen is nice. Still not Sure on this one. Also i see your point in replacing Feraligatr with Gallade but then replacing Blaziken with Honchkrow? Gallade and Honch are both similar physical sweepers, i would prefer a special option as atm Blaziken is my only special option.

CC > Bullet Punch yes simple really. But i would rather Rapid SPin as once the sweeper is poisoned the opponent can simply switch screw with me until it dies, taking minimal damage and forcing me to stall them with 2 walls.

I still prefer Toxic on Registeel as it can help to take out ground types which resist T-Wave and the Para is already quite eminent on Clefable.

Since you replaced Feraligatr with Gallade. Guts Swellow can OHKO a lot of your team, without screens. Mach Punch from Hitmontop cannot OHKO, only 2HKO. So it can BB it to death. BB Blaziken, Gallade for the OHKO. You have 3 fighting types on your team, which isn't good. Swellow can't take out your whole team, but can take out half of it. Though like i said before, if Uxie packed U-Turn, it could go out, and set up Reflect, U-Turn or switch back into Hitmontop or Blaziken for the 2HKO with Mach Punch or OHKO with HP Electric.

Gallade shouldn't have Night Slash, because Shadow Sneak has the same coverag, and is priority. You want either Ice Punch for Venusaurs, Tangrowth, etc. Or Psycho Cut for STAB, and Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Blaziken, Toxicroak, etc.

Ice Punch seems the better option.

Sweelow problem is noted but at the same time blaziken seems to need replacing so that problem may be reduced. How about CM Raikou? Fits the bill with set up and provides a solid check for swellow. Although then i have an EQ weakness. Sunny day or agility moltres could work, with HP ice to deal with swellow and altaria and a fighting resist and EQ immunity. Thoughts?

The switching idea with U-turn Uxie seems ok i guess but could top survive 2 BB even behind Reflecct and with SR and whatever else on the field? i feel the overall goal of the team works better with memento rather than dealing with specific threats with Screens. I would rather counter said threats (Rhyperior, Swellow) with a special sweeper (moltres/raikou)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)