UU is for the Underdogs!

This is not only the team I've been using online, but also the team I am going to be using with the release of White 2. Now, the main theme was to basically use pokemon who can be considered underdogs and it's been very effective!

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Butterfree isn't a pokemon that is really seen in UU even despite it not having Quiver Dance. Lilligant and Venemoth both have better typings(Bug/Flying is just bad, period), better offensive stats, and don't have a defense stat of 50.

However, Butterfree often catches players off-guard. Two common leads who can/have torn through my team are Azelf+Sharpedo and Butterfree can OHKO both right at the start with Bug Buzz thanks to Focus Sash(or even bad prediction).

It's also perfect against slower leads as it can get off an early Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance up. It's not the greatest though and although I've had a couple 6-0 sweeps or have taken down 3-4 pokemon with just Butterfree she is pretty frail

Though Tinted Lens would be great, that's what Venemoth does better. Butterfree's advantage is his 97.5% Accurate Sleep Powder and even when it's unable to sweep right off the bat I can always bring it in on a slower pokemon thanks to 4x Fighting Resistance/Ground Immunity and abuse Sleep Powder for a second shot at setting up.

Nothing is more epic than an unprepared team being swept by Butterfree!

@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 Spd / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Hitmonchan has the Underdog spirit. In comparison to Hitmonlee who hits much harder and Hitmontop who can play a more defensive role thanks to his spread+Intimidate this spunky Boxer is is often way over-looked.

Bulk Up lets Hitmonchan's punches swing with the best of them and lets him gain pretty impressive bulk. Drain Punch+Leftovers healing combined with +1-2 Bulk Ups and his already high Special Defense lets Hitmonchan's punches just keep on rolling through teams.

He has his limitations and absolutely can not handle ghosty pokemon for fear of the burn, but without an appropriate counter to Hitmonchan he can actually roll through an entire team.

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Luxray is just so awesome, but Electivire out-shines it and it's bad speed stat really betrays just how great it could be. In fact, between Galvantula, Electivire, Rotoms and Manectric this Lion is essentially the last kid picked on the team.

Luckily, Luxray makes an EPIC Revenge Killer with Choice Scarf. Intimidate let's it switch in rather easily and his moves provide A-M-A-Z-I-N-G coverage. I almost always wind up revenge killing Flygons who can rampage through this team because they never suspect Luxray is going to be faster then them.

The 95% Accuracy of Ice Fang has been a nightmare sometimes(Funny how 97.5% Sleep Powder won't miss, but 95% Ice Fang misses more than Fire Blast amirite?), but still, it's a great team player at taking out powerful threats.

Losing Intimidate will hurt, but in order to stop Stall teams I am thinking Guts might be best to punish anyone who thinks they can out-live me with spamming Toxic out.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Flygon is VERY common in UU, but he's still the lesser to the majority of Dragon types in the game. Either way Flygon's CBer set contains massive power and can handle pokemon who might try to out-muscle it.

Nets clean OHKO's and cleans up quite well at the end, thanks to hit naturally higher speed it actually winds up making an effective revenge killer as well.

Without Flygon I'd be in a lot of trouble.

@ Passho Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Underdog, Dog, Gettit? Anyways, Houndoom is essential as Ghosts and Psychic types could easily ruin my day. He gets in very easily on pokemon like Choice-Chandelure or W-o-Wing Dusclops for a free Flash Fire and turn to set up Nasty Plot.

From there almost 99% of the time a Blastoise, Suicune, Kingdra, Milotic etc. is sent out. After a Nasty Plot Houndoom can 2HKO them which is why Passho Berry is so essential as it allows it to live the initial Surf/Waterfall and then take out Bulky Waters. Houndoom, if played carefully, can stop a lot of Bulky-Ghosts/Waters who try to stall me out.

Houndoom might not be able to take too many hits, but it's great at doing what it does - taking out serious threats. If he can clear out the Ghosts and Psychics early enough I can have Hitmonchan just rip through teams.

@ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP/ 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock

Specs Slowking is a total shock for every team I've played against. I've demolished a lot of teams because they switch in the wrong counter. Going to keep playing with it, but it works perfectly.

I know Slowbro is definitely preffered, but Slowking is just unexpected and effective. Plus I can actually hold down a Kingdra using it.

~-~-~-~-~
Team Updated!

Slowking > Suicune
Guts > Intimidate (Luxray)
Giga Drain > Psychic (Butterfree)

Tell me what you all think!

Just fought this team, and it's certainly dangerous if you don't know what to expect from it.

Starting at the top: BUTTERFREE IS A F*CKING ***HOLE. ************.

The idea is great, because Sleep is one of the single most debilitating statuses in the game, just short of being frozen. that is why only 1 attack promises it, and has 100% accuracy, and also an extremely shallow distribution pool, but most people don't even KNOW what compound eyes do, since bugs are considered 'swashable', but when you're put to sleep, you won't be having sweet dreams.

Hitmonchan: I can't really say much about him. I fought him with a Dusclops, sucessfully burned him, and proceeded to Painsplit him down, to low health, and kill with shadow Sneak. He was still threatening, though, with ice punch, and I have to say that it was pretty close in the long run.

Luxray: Everything said in the description is completely true. Due to bad choices in picking fighters, that choice scarf ate my lunch. maybe the battle would have ended differently if I chose right, I don't know, but he completely decimated my team.

flygon: I didn't fight him. But I personally use one, and the effectiveness of having him is more than obvious.

Howndoom: didn't get to fight him much. Critical shadowsneak hurt him by 25%, and he shadowballed a substitute. I switched to crobat, which did almost nothing to me, and a bravebird ended him. I wasn't quite able to see the glory of the water-slaying effect of him, but after reading over his stats, its a very dangerous combo.

Suicune: Honestly, this was the last pokemon I fought. It was Him vs. My slowbro. natural resistance let me bulk it, and we both calm-minded to max, just to make sure the other didn't have an advantage.

The plan was to bulk out, using scald, and hope the burn would just slowly kill him while I slack-off (And then use an epic-level scald to OHK the flygon I never fought), HOWEVER

FREAKING CRITICAL HIT WITH HIDDEN POWER.

OHKO, and ended the fight.

----

That was my experience with the team. Honestly? It was a lot of fun. I would fight again, and this time, use an entirely different strategy. Do I feel bad for losing? No, it was a lot of fun.

To actually rate the team, on a scale of 1-88, with 88 being good, 40 being Great, 122 being Okay 7 being 'the best', 18 being Horrible, and -18 being 'meh'

I give it a 69.3.

Whats that? It doesn't make any sense?

Not supposed to. Its a very well balanced team, but even the best of teams can get completely decimated depending on how its played. But a lot of thought went into this team, and it really REALLY shows.

8/10

Pretty solid team.Just wanted to ask, how is prankster sableye a problem when your houndoom can wall it for days with flash fire(Wow) and possibly set up a nasty plot(if your opponent doesnt taunt you)?

Pretty solid team.Just wanted to ask, how is prankster sableye a problem when your houndoom can wall it for days with flash fire(Wow) and possibly set up a nasty plot(if your opponent doesnt taunt you)?
He taunts me.

It's not a major threat so much as just generally an annoying pokemon to deal with....It tends to go like... Taunt, No Nasty Plot, Seismic Toss and then just Recover up. Flygon can smash through it, but I don't like bringing it out early.

I had a few ideas for this team though:

1. Giga Drain on Butterfree - The free health can restore Butterfree's Focus Sash if it gets broken. The problem being that Butterfree doesn't have Tinted Lens so it means Heracross can now 100% take it down. That said Butterfree was never great for holding off Heracross either. I'm iffy on losing Psychic.

2. Swapping Suicune for Slowking(and yes not Slowbro). In UU I know Slowbro is better, but I had a thought of using an offensive Slowking for the surprise factor and it's ability to handle most fighting types and take Choice Scarf Heracross' Close Combat. - Life Orb / Surf-Fire Blast-Psyshock-T-Wave or Choice Specs / Surf-Psyshock-Fire Blast/Ice Beam-Grass Knot.

I really wish Contrary Serperior was available honestly. That would have been awesome...

I just fought this team and I got swept by the Flygon. Ouch. I'm gonna go work on mine to help counter that devastating Outrage.
Anyways, this seems like a pretty solid team. However, I am definitely all for changing Suicune for a Slowking. An offensive King's a bit unorthodox, especially in UU, but definitely very effective. I'd opt for the Choiced set rather than the Life Orb, though, since Slowking is so bulky and the Life Orb would cost it a lot of valuable HP/make it easier to take out. But either of them are equally viable options.
I agree with Kajo. It's extremely well-rounded and it's pretty obvious that you put a lot of thought into this team. Thumbs up.

Team Updated!

Slowking > Suicune
Guts > Intimidate (Luxray)
Giga Drain > Psychic (Butterfree)

Tell me what you all think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)