UU Cores V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having a lot of fun with this on a semi-stall/bulky balance hazard stack team.

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam

I'm pretty much going to use this core for the entirety of this meta. Goodra's ability to sponge special attacks is ridiculous and Milotic only helps by tanking the physical hits that Goodra doesn't want to just yet.
The Goodra set is pretty straightforward. It works in the same way as other mono-attacking Mons like Reuniclus and Suicune. Set-up on something that doesn't hurt you and start wrecking everything.
I chose Competitive over Marvel Scale to capitalise off of Defog because +2 Ice Beam destroys Salamence (however Marvel Scale with Toxic could probably do the job in a similar manner). Scald pretty much beats everything else because of the 100% 30% chance to burn. Double Dragon Tail because I get up hazards often and if I feel like something will be cheeky and set up, it's useful to deter them.
I didn't realise just how bulky Goodra is until I saw Pyrotoz recommend it. +6 Scald from CroCune only does 26% max. It easily sets up on a lot of defensive and some offensive mons (provided they don't have a phazing move) simply because the special bulk is real. Grass and Electric types, as well as special Water and Fire types, are easy to set up on, as well as Porygon2, Mandibuzz, Nidoqueen and Venomoth to name a few.

Team mates I would personally recommend are ones that can control Hazards (for the Dtail spam) and Clerics (for the Milotic). Goodra can lose to a last-Mon-standing CM Reuniclus in a set up war if it hits 2 Focus Blasts in a row. I use Spiritomb to alleviate this weakness. Funnily enough, I've not had problems with opposing bulky Fairy types but they seem problematic on paper, so something to handle them can only be helpful.

Edit: Changed Milotic's spread to outspeed 16 Spe Suicune for faster phazing move

Last edited:
Like the core Mr Jeff. The only thing I would change though is that milotic could have some speed creep on it so that it can use dragon tail before suicune uses roar. However I've forgotten how much speed creep suicune runs of the top of my head, and regardless, SubCM roar suicune is a pest for the core otherwise. Still nice core otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)