Unreleased OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
approved by Hollywood and by Haunter couple months ago on IRC

Unreleased OU
Welcome to unreleased OU! Unreleased OU is a tier where you can use anything that's currently unreleased in OU, this includes:
  • Type Gems
  • -noimg- Unreleased Berries like Custap
  • -noimg- All DW/Hidden Abilities are now released!
  • Soul Dew (BANNED)
  • Volcanion
  • Hoopa
  • Diancie
  • Floette-Eternal-Flower form
  • The Mega forms of Latias and Latios
You can check out all of the pokemon's data at their serebii pages: http://www.serebii.net/

Anyways these are the other rules
  • Standard OU banlist
  • Soul Dew is banned
  • Playability- will be up on my server about next wekk, might be on main if Zarel and Haunter want to talk that out
  • have fun discussing and playing (play on custom game for now)

Last edited:
im just gonna go out on a limb and assume every shit like contrary serp and custap berry are usable

gotta love DW OU back in gen 5 though so hoping this will be a blast

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
im just gonna go out on a limb and assume every shit like contrary serp and custap berry are usable

gotta love DW OU back in gen 5 though so hoping this will be a blast
um custap berry is usable but I honestly am not sure whether to allow all HAs (like dragalge lol) so I want the community to decide

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you're going to do unreleased OU then just do every unreleased thing, no sense picking and choosing. That said: the only type gems that are actually in the game's code are Normal and Fairy.

Flying gem-acrobatics, Meet Hawlucha.

Sorry if I sound arogant, but does the mega lati's have ANY niece, over soul dew?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Flying gem-acrobatics, Meet Hawlucha.

Sorry if I sound arogant, but does the mega lati's have ANY niece, over soul dew?
Mixed Dragon Dance was speculated to be Mega Latios' main niche over Latios as otherwise it's really outclassed by using any item. For Mega Latias the extra physical bulk can get handy, but I don't expect them to see great usage.

Mixed Dragon Dance was speculated to be Mega Latios' main niche over Latios as otherwise it's really outclassed by using any item. For Mega Latias the extra physical bulk can get handy, but I don't expect them to see great usage.
speak for yourself, mega latias will (in my opinion) work as an amazing bulky and fast special sweeper

I take it they're not, but you might want to clarify in the OP whether "forgotten" abilities like Shadow Tag on Chandelure are allowed

Yeah so my first post in this thread was pretty retarded and got deleted so I'll add something relevant to conversation.

I feel like the most interesting additions to this metagame would be the allowance of Gems. In Gen V, Gems were used fairly often in all tiers; the most commonly seen Gem was the Flying Gem which, used in conjunction with Acrobatics, allowed for a high powered Flying-Type attack that still hit at a fairly hard 110 BP after the gem was consumed. This was especially helpful for Unburden users such as Sceptile (though he didn't get STAB on it, obviously), but was seen at times on the likes of Tornadus and Thundurus (whom had no other physical Flying STAB to work with.). Other Gems that saw use in OU were the Fighting Gem (Breloom) and the Normal Gem (Explosion users, primarily Mew).

I feel like XY brought some cool new abusers of the Gems, most notably Hawlucha and Talonflame.

Talonflame, as well all know, has access to Gale Wings, meaning it gains priority on every Flying-Type move. This means that TFlame has access to a STAB, Flying-Gem boosted Acrobatics hitting at +1 priority. With access to Swords Dance and Bulk Up, Talonflame can boost and hit hard with a Flying STAB that doesn't dish out large amounts of recoil, such as with Brave Bird. This means that it can more easily take out neutral opponents without resorting to Flare Blitz or BB and taking all that recoil, which can be problematic if unable to clear hazards before bringing it in due to TFlame's 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.

Talonflame @ Flying Gem
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def (Idk what spread Talon runs)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz / Will-O-Wisp
- Roost / Flare Blitz

Hawlucha is unique in that it gets STAB on Acrobatics as well as access to the ability Unburden, which doubles the Pokemon's speed if they lose their item. This makes Lucha Bird's good base 118 speed nigh impossible to outpace. While its base 92 Attack isn't the highest, Lucha has access to very strong STABs in High Jump Kick and Acrobatics and the ability to boost its Attack with Swords Dance. Like many Flying Types, it gets access to Roost, allowing it to take advantage of switches it can cause to recover HP. It also gets access to Encore, which makes it easy to set up on walls. It's also neutral to SR, which is great for something with Flying STAB.

Hawlucha @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Encore / Roost / Substitute

On an unrelated note, Custap Berry makes its appearance once again. Some may say that suicide leads in Gen V like Custap Skarmory and Forretress wouldn't be able to fly due to the advent of the buffed Defog, but I think it is just another way for Bisharp and other Defiant users to get their kicks. I definitely look forward to testing Custap Skarmory out again. Custap Wobbuffet is a thing again, but a lot of new priority is afoot, meaning it could potentially be beaten down before it could do its trapping job effectively. On top of that, Knock Off is a thing now, which removes Wobb's Berry and renders the strategy moot. However, it can still trap plenty of physical and special attackers alike and almost guarantee a kill.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Mega Latios is going to be my favorite thing to use ever. The set I have in mind is this:

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse / Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt

DD really is the only reason to use Mega Latios over regular Latios, but this will likely be a very effective set overall. Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse for the main STAB attack, though Dragon Claw would be more than viable since Dragon Dance is powering it up. Earthquake on a Dragon-type is a no-brainer, as it lets him get past Steel-types such as Aegislash, Heatran, and Excadrill, and also lets him hit Tyranitar on the switch really hard. Thunderbolt is there for Skarmory and Azumarill.

Zygarde is going to become much more powerful with the Thousand moves, might need to be suspected. Soul Dew is Ubers in previous gens, so should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)