Giratina-o @ Platinum Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 Spd/252 SAtk/60 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Stone Edge
- Pain Split/Outrage

This is a Giratina designed to check Ho-oh (requires Stealth Rock).
It doesn`t only check Ho-oh, also Adamant SDquaza, SDLucario, Forretress, I can`t think of more right now.

Round 1: Bring it in on Ho-oh (Ho-oh should be at 50%) (it will possibly switch into you), it will either Roost (option1) while you switch or Brave Bird (option2)

option1: it will be at 100% and either switch out (option 1A) or attack you with Brave Bird (option1B)

switch out (option 1A): it will continue like that and you can always bring in Giratina on Ho-oh or outpredict him and bring it in directly on it (you will win either way).

Brave Bird (option1B): it will be sitting at 20-30% health and be in kill range (Stone Edge does 81% minimum). And it dies when switching in on SR again.

Brave Bird (Option 2): same as option1B.

to a 409 Hp 216 def Ho-oh whereas Stone Edge does:
Damage Results Percentages:81.17% 88.02% 95.84%

I used Stone Edge with Timid nature.

Hidden Power Fire and Dragon Pulse are obvious.

The last spot is a filler, I would still prefer Pain Split against smart forrys (meaning Payback on switch, and switch out), so you could use Payback on the incoming Pokemon, hopefully Blissey, Speed EV`s allow you to outspeed Adamant SDray, Special Attack EV`s are obvious, and SpD EV`s are there for a little bulk.

Outrage However, should be used on an offensive team, what would pretty muchmake it mixed sweeper that can`t be taken out by Ho-oh.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Honestly, this is hardly undiscovered. Myself and many others have been using Stone Edge on mixed Giratina-o for a while now since Ho-oh is very hard to deal with. This is honestly just the Mixed Gira-o set from the analysis with Stone Edge over Earthquake (I'm not even going to pay attention to Ancient Power since I don't know why it's there...).

The last spot is a filler, I would still prefer Pain Split against smart forrys (meaning Payback on switch, and switch out), so you could use Payback on the incoming Pokemon
Why do you say you need Pain Split for Forretress when you have HP Fire listed right there at the beginning? I don't know why Outrage and Calm Mind are slashed either. I don't understand why you would want 2 dragon moves, if anything I'd use Shadow Ball for Mewtwo and other shit like that.

I already mentioned smart players will switch out forry, and hit me with payback next time i switch in, and ancient power is possibly the better option as it will do the same as Stone Edge and has higher accuracy, the 10% stat raising chance is always welcome.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ancientpower does too little to Ho-oh - with only 4 PP (due to Pressure), Ho-oh can recover/roost stall it until all of it runs out. Your damage calc is also incorrect: With Timid nature, Giratina-O only does 50% at maximum with Ancientpower, assuming 409 HP / 344 SDef (AncientPower has 60 BP, not 70)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Stone Edge/Ancient Power
- Pain Split
If you were going to take out Pain Split, Outrage or Calm Mind, I would say that Pain Split would be the one to go, but I have no idea why you removed the others instead. I really can't find any situation where Giratina-o would get a chance to use Pain Split effectively. Outrage handles Blissey and other stuff that don't like to take physical attacks, I don't know why you'd remove it.

Anyway, the more you edit the moveset the more it's going to look like the standard Mixed Gira-o with Stone Edge over EQ, which, again, is why I originally said that this is hardly an undiscovered moveset.

- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Stone Edge/Ancient Power
- Pain Split

This is a Giratina designed to check Ho-oh (requires Stealth Rock).
It doesn`t only check Ho-oh, also Adamant SDquaza, SDLucario, Forretress, I can`t think of more right now.

Round 1: Bring it in on Ho-oh (Ho-oh should be at 50%) (it will possibly switch into you), it will either Roost (option1) while you switch or Brave Bird (option2)

option1: it will be at 100% and either switch out (option 1A) or attack you with Brave Bird (option1B)

switch out (option 1A): it will continue like that and you can always bring in Giratina on Ho-oh or outpredict him and bring it in directly on it (you will win either way).

Brave Bird (option1B): it will be sitting at 20-30% health and be in kill range (Stone Edge does 81% minimum). And it dies when switching in on SR again.

Brave Bird (Option 2): same as option1B.

Ancient Power does: Percentages:48.90% 52.81% 57.70%

to a 409 Hp 216 def Ho-oh whereas Stone Edge does:
Damage Results Percentages:81.17% 88.02% 95.84%

so i dont really know what`s better, maybe Ancient Power with Hasty nature, it would deal:
Damage Results Percentages:54.77% 58.68% 64.55%

I used Stone Edge with Timid nature on mine but I honestly dont know whats the best.

Hidden Power Fire and Dragon Pulse are obvious.

The last spot is a filler, I would still prefer Pain Split against smart forrys (meaning Payback on switch, and switch out), so you could use Payback on the incoming Pokemon, hopefully Blissey, Speed EV`s allow you to outspeed Adamant SDray, Special Attack EV`s are obvious, and SpD EV`s are there for a little bulk.
The spread I posted on the first page is better, because it not only takes Brave birds the same as this spread, but offers enough offensive power to kill Blissey as well. This set is entirely walled by Blissey, which is a big mistake for a mixed attacker. I don't see the purpose of the SpD evs, since the purpose of a mixed attack is to break walls from both sides of the spectrum, which this clearly fails to do. I slashed Stone edge into my set as well, so I don't see what is so special about yours.

Isn`t it obvious? that set is supposed to be used in a stall team, and i never said that its a mixed sweeper, its just a check to various threats in the game, but i will add outrage as an option.
And like I said Pain Split should be used on the smart Forry users that switch out when they see my Giratina.

Oh and you`re right Jibaku, my calcs were wrong, I thought Ancient Power was physical.

A Latios Discussion Thread

I'd just like to bring up my Latios.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 192 Spd/240 SAtk/76 SDef
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Surf / Calm Mind / Draco Meteor / Hidden Power [Fire]

This set is extremely good at sweeping once entry hazards and the rain is out. Switch this in after a Kyogre is out stuck on Water Spout. When he switches, you Dragon Dance. Of course, the opponent thought you would have went for Thunder and switches to scarf Garchomp/Dialga/Palkia. This is now not the case as you are now faster than all three of them. If done correctly Latios can sweep through many guys.
This is not a "gimmick." I've been using this set for a pretty long time and Latios is definitely not a weak point of my ubers team.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

*Haven't been tested much, in need of a better EV spread*
RestTalk Shuffle
Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/84 Atk/172 SDef or 252 HP/84 SpA/172 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk) or Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage/Dragon Pulse
- Roar

This works similar to RestTalk Roaring Gyarados in OU. There isn't much to say, it can fit well into a balanced team in need of a phazer or a stall team wanting to get the most out of residual damage. Outrage is nice because Sleep Talk doesn't lock you in, and most Ubers are weaker on their physical Defense. If you opt for Dragon Pulse, use the second EV spread and use a Calm nature.

*Haven't been tested much, in need of a better EV spread*
RestTalk Shuffle
Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/84 Atk/172 SDef or 252 HP/84 SpA/172 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk) or Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage/Dragon Pulse
- Roar

This works similar to RestTalk Roaring Gyarados in OU. There isn't much to say, it can fit well into a balanced team in need of a phazer or a stall team wanting to get the most out of residual damage. Outrage is nice because Sleep Talk doesn't lock you in, and most Ubers are weaker on their physical Defense. If you opt for Dragon Pulse, use the second EV spread and use a Calm nature.
I would play it on this way:

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/84 SpA/172 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Roar

On this way to play it, it is played on special defense because in Uber there is many special moves and sweepers. You can counter them with Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse, and roar with Roar.

On physical side I would play it on this way:

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/84 Atk/172 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Outrage

SO you see now it is a physically based EV Spread and Outrage is for Draco Meteor on moveset.

Honestly, I don't think it would be too reliable. You can't count on Sleep Talk to get rid of threats while you're asleep. A Groudon can easily come in on a physical Dialga that happens to be sleeping and Earthquake him out.

c/p'd from the mew discussion thread:

252 HP / 108 Def / 82 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
-Taunt
-Swords Dance / Nasty Plot
-Rock Polish
-Baton Pass

This spread allows you to survive a max attack Adamant Choice Band Tyranitar's STAB super-effective Crunch 100 % of the time if SR is off the field (not difficult to accomplish since forry is a great spinner in ubers).

c/p'd from the mew discussion thread:

252 HP / 108 Def / 82 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
-Taunt
-Swords Dance / Nasty Plot
-Rock Polish
-Baton Pass

This spread allows you to survive a max attack Adamant Choice Band Tyranitar's STAB super-effective Crunch 100 % of the time if SR is off the field (not difficult to accomplish since forry is a great spinner in ubers).
I've used the damage calculator and this is the output:
DDTyranitar (403 Atk) vs Mew (263 Def & 404 HP) (80 Base Power): 264 - 312 (65.35% - 77.23%)
Choice Band Tyranitar (591 Atk) vs Mew (263 Def & 404 HP) (80 Base Power): 390 - 458 (96.53% - 113.37%)

I think this EV Spread would be possible to play, maybe I'll ad some Damage Calculations later.

I've used the damage calculator and this is the output:
DDTyranitar (403 Atk) vs Mew (263 Def & 404 HP) (80 Base Power): 264 - 312 (65.35% - 77.23%)
Choice Band Tyranitar (591 Atk) vs Mew (263 Def & 404 HP) (80 Base Power): 390 - 458 (96.53% - 113.37%)

I think this EV Spread would be possible to play, maybe I'll ad some Damage Calculations later.
It can't survive the banded crunch without leftovers due to sandstorm, and leftovers on a passing mew is just dumb, because of status affecting, and the chain's reliance on mew.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 192 Spd/252 attack/76 Special attack
Hasty/Naive
- Dragon Dance
-Draco Meteor
- Thunder
-Outrage/Dragon Claw

@legends never die:I would consider a physical move like Outrage in the last spot, or Dragon Claw, but of course you would need another spread to play mixed to its full potential. I'm using 252 attack 192 speed / 76 special attack, naive/hasty
The obvious advantage of this set is the ability to 2hko Blissey with Outrage, or even with Dragon Claw, when one layer of spikes and sr is set up, as well as dealing great damage with Draco Meteor and Thunder

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 192 Spd/252 attack/76 Special attack
Hasty/Naive
- Dragon Dance
-Draco Meteor
- Thunder
-Outrage/Dragon Claw

@legends never die:I would consider a physical move like Outrage in the last spot, or Dragon Claw, but of course you would need another spread to play mixed to its full potential. I'm using 252 attack 192 speed / 76 special attack, naive/hasty
The obvious advantage of this set is the ability to 2hko Blissey with Outrage, or even with Dragon Claw, when one layer of spikes and sr is set up, as well as dealing great damage with Draco Meteor and Thunder
I dont think thats true, some guy did about 55% to my Blissey with a +1 Outrage, and Blissey can easily Outstall it, or even worse it switches to Forretress to lay down hazards

The set isn't meant to wall break. Keeping it as Dragon Pulse ensures it can maintain enough power to maintain a steady sweep. Of course, you have to wait till special walls like Blissey are out of the way first otherwise it will obviously fail. I tried Outrage at a point but than you risk being set up on and the confusion is a no-go.
This is why I prefer the special set and finding a different way to deal with walls is better in Ubers seeing as many attackers can have mixed sets.

I understand the purpose of your set, and I´m convinced that it worls well, I just wanted to present a mixed LAtios, because even though it is gimmick it can work well too with entry hazards and Dragon Claw.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Recover

That is a monoattacking Mewtwo, I have tested it and had great success (undefeated in ~20 battles), it seems outclassed by Calm Mind Refresh Lati@s, but I can assure you it`s not, here are some advantage`s.

-Darkrai vs. Lati@s: that`s a huge threat to Lati@s, it can put you to sleep and render you useless.
-Darkrai vs. Mewtwo: Who is going to switch Darkrai into Mewtwo? Even if that happens +1 Mewtwo takes less than 50% damage from a Dark Pulse, allowing you to set up on it.

Against RestTalk Kyogre, Latias has to hope for a crit, Mewtwo beats it, however Mewtwo can`t Calm Mind up against Choice Specs Kyogre (but that`s not dramatically).

Mewtwo hasn`t got that Dragon type, so it can set up easier against the likes of Palkia, and isn`t stopped by a scarved Poke with Outrage.

But Still, Calm Mind + Refresh Latias is better in an offensive team, in a Stall team however, I find Mewtwo to be the better choice, with Toxic Spikes it is such a beast (allowing you to beat Blissey when at +6, and have an easier time with Kyogre), it can even beat SD Rayquaza with it`s 416 HP stat (however you should have better ways with dealing with that), so this is the Taunt + Calm Mind set with a little twist, Ice Beam hits everything it needs to for neutral damage, Kyogre is destroyed by Toxic Spikes, and Taunt to prevent healing.
this set`s is destroyed by Scizor, but Scizor doesn`t hurt Stall team, if you outpredict it and send in Forretress you get free layers, and it`s in general not hard to deal with.

Try it, I promise it won`t let you down.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

You know, I tried a Mewtwo set just like that a while back, but Scizor is the main issue. I think with Wobby/Magnezone support, this Mewtwo could do a lot better. Plus, it can Pressure stall other Calm Minders, by Taunting and then Recovering.

Scizor isn`t a problem, as like I said I am using it on a Stall team, and can predict the Scizor switchin and get free layers

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
*Have not tested*

Recoil abuse Ho-Oh

Ho-Oh @ Leichi/Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
-Brave Bird
-Sacred Fire
-Earthquake
-Roost

This set is best used in tandem with Baton Passing Mew to pass either attack or speed to it (Rock Polish is better, as Ho-Oh really appreciates speed). If you're passing Speed, give it Leichi, passing Attack, use Salac. The idea is to pass whatever you need to Ho-Oh and make it come into Stealth Rock (yes). Brave Bird something and get yourself down to 1/4 or lower HP so that your berry activates. Then proceed to sweep. Roost if you find it safe to. Team options are obvious, Groundon for sun and Mew for stat passing, Forretress is always nice, but this set doesn't need him. Of course, priority must be removed, so clear the field of any Scizors, Lucarios and Rayquazas.

IMO Ho-oh is a bad receiver, your opponent can send in Kyogre to weaken your Sacred Fire, and after that, something like Dialga can destroy you. (Brave Bird resist)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)