Tournament UnderUsed Snake Draft I: Manager Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
largely adapted from rozes' op

uusd.png

Thanks to the one and only lydian for the fantastic art!

With the second wave of DLC upon us, we have decided that it would help to add another UU team tournament this year to further the progression of the tier. This means our likely start date will be November 23st for the first week of the tour, and will likely be 8 teams, so a 7-week regular season, and 2 weeks for playoffs. With SPL being pushed back a month as well, this will match up well with it and mean there is minimal overlap with official tours.

With that being said, we did not want a full SS tour, so the tiers for this tour will be as follows:

3 SS UU / 1 SM UU / 1 ORAS UU / 1 BW UU / 1 DPP UU / 1 ADV UU.

Some of you may recognize this as the exact assortment of tiers we established for the recent UU World Cup tournament. This may change before player signups, but we do not foresee adding additional tiers, so it would mainly be changing up the number of a particular slot or removing one altogether.

Like mentioned earlier, we are looking to have 8 teams, and that is the purpose of this thread. Post below if you would be interested in managing, and feel that you could commit to staying around for the entirety of the tour. Managers will be able to purchase themselves, but it will be in lieu of a round 1 pick in order to keep it fair. As it is a Snake Draft, the pick order will be randomized and announced a couple of days after player signups. There will be either 10 or 12 rounds of drafting; this will be discussed among managers / moderators.

--

With all that out of the way, these are the qualifications we are looking for; managers will be chosen based on experience in UU tournaments, involvement in the community, competence, and historically demonstrating good behavior. If you're signing up, include solid reasoning as to why you would be a good manager based on these qualities. No shitposts masquerading as sign-up posts, so no "in" posts, please. Team names will be decided once all managers are picked.

If you plan on playing as a manager, do remember to sign up in this thread as well.

Signups will remain open till this Friday the 13th.

Batzi

“I’m Cosmo Kramer, the Assman!”
is a Tiering Contributor
yugon.exe

Hey I'm yugon and I'd love to be a manager for the UU Snake draft. I have a decent amount of experience in managing teams varying from the Legendary Ledians in JamvadPL, Keking Kekleons in CPL and the Surging Shifu's in the upcoming ASPL. I'm quite active in the smogon server and other smogon related servers recently obtaining the Competitive Helper role to help others who may need assistance in building as I love helping others improve.

As far as tournament history goes regarding UU, I haven't done any Smogon UU tourneys this gen, but been doing a lot of UU tournaments over discord so I know the various metas.

Good luck to all other people who sign up!

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Interesting in managing

Have plenty of experience with managing from many RUPLs, a UUWC that went better than expected thanks to some great help, and even PSPL leading to a win as an assistant manager to a room that doesnt even exist anymore... well, technically. Pretty confident that the experience with me as a manager will not be disastrous!

Team name: tbd, but the tradition mandates a snake mon name so we shall see

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Interested in managing

Had experience captaining Team Asia in three iterations of Pokemon Online World Cup (2012, 2013, 2014), and this year, I was co-manager of Malevolent Misdreavuses in OMPL VIII and co-captain of Asia in the inaugural UU World Cup. For four (or five) years, I've gotten myself involved in the Smogon UU community.

My reason behind my interest in managing a team in this tournament is because I firmly believe that I have knowledge in the older generation of UU given my involvement there (USUM, ORAS, and BW to some extent), and with the people I get to choose in the Snake Draft, I can serve as a bridge between those people. It will be a great pleasure for me to manage a team in this tour - actually my first time as a soon-to-be manager in a Snake Draft!

Edit: HURRICANE SANDACONDAS

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
Interested in managing

Managed for the first time last UUPLand won the whole thing, while putting together the best team I have ever been part off, both ingame and environment wise. I know pretty well anything from ORAS onward. Idt I have ever done not decent in a UU tour, although it is looking rougher than last season

Team Name: hopefully dta Accelgor s. If not, Union Cave Dunsparce

Last edited:

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
interested in managing

played last 3 uupls and helped on the teams a lot as well as just playing, managed last uuwc, and i’ve been around the community for a while mostly in c&c stuff but i have played forum tours / contributed to projects in the past

hs

Banned deucer.
Interested in managing

I don't have many experience managing, aside from last uuwc and some side tours, but I am a very active member of the uu community for a long time too, interacting with many people in disc/forums and following/playing tours since I'm part of this site, so I do believe I have more than enough knowledge for this tournament.

Team name: yet to decide(is Hydreigon a snake???????????)

is Hydreigon a snake???????????
You could make a case for it '-'
Bulbapedia said:
Hydreigon is based on the Yamata no Orochi, including its red eyes. Its three heads and Shiny coloration resemble the Zmey Gorynych. It may also incorporate elements of the Lernaean Hydra.
Wikipedia said:
A dragon is a large, serpentine legendary creature
Wikipedia said:
Yamata no Orochi (八岐大蛇, also 八俣遠呂智 or 八俣遠呂知), or simply Orochi (大蛇), is a legendary eight-headed and eight-tailed Japanese dragon/serpent.
Wikipedia said:
The Lernaean Hydra or Hydra of Lerna (Greek: Λερναῖα Ὕδρα, Lernaîa Hýdra), more often known simply as the Hydra, is a serpentine water monster in Greek and Roman mythology

interested in managing

haven’t been too involved in uu in cg but i’ve more or less been a part of the community since like 2014. managed uupl before where the tdk + 2k thing happened and then assmanned in ltpl where we got to semis. i’ll put total effort into this obviously, considering i do that for every tour somehow.

e: the cherno bouffalants will make their return

Last edited:
Interested in managing

I have been managing in a lot of french team tours and also the last uu wc. I'm pretty active on the UU community since my UUPL with the friends last year and I think i know the community enough to do well as a captain in the tiers ive seen. I am super motivated for this tournament whether it be as a player or as a manager.

Team name: idk yet

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
interested in managing

i have 0 experience in managing except m00las money and my players will tell you that im a great mananger especially vivalospride. Although im interested in managing mainly because it sounds fun to do and its something ive never tried and wanted to try. I played many teamtours aka snake wcop french team tours and some other and my mates can agree on the fact i was the best team mate ever. im very active in uu community and even if some people see me as toxic (2 infraction points smogon feds are after me) well i dont think its true now. ill put total effort and time in managing.

team name : idk something related to Adaam because this guy is a snake

interested in managing

dont really have much experience managing but ive been pretty active in the uu community for the past couple years and i will most definitely try my best and im sure i can create a active good winning team if given the chance

team name: idk yet

(this is not a joke btw i am serious) much love

Last edited:

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Interested in managing.

I've been a very active UU player over the years and managed last UUPL as well as managing the current edition of this Smogon Snake Draft. I'd like to manage because I am interested in this tournament and want to be involved, but don't really feel like playing. I'd also like to take this time everyone has spent to read my post to let everyone know that 1. Gondra is a simp 2. vivalospride is fat and 3. Adaam has a primarina body pillow

tbd team name

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
I’d like to manage a team

I’ve been around the UU community for a few years now and have directly contributed to forums / tours in different ways over the past couple of years. I have prior managing experience with the recent UUWC and I also pretty much managed this year’s Vets alongside Accel because CBU is a useless fraud. I think UUWC was more pseudo-managing since it didn’t involve a draft, which I think is a fun part of managing and making a team, so I wanna give it one more shot.

Team name will be the Dragon’s Den Dragonairs (may or may not change)

Last edited:

Lily

cover me in sugar dust
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Hi everyone, just a quick warning that the deadline for manager signups has been amended to Friday, November 13th, so be quick if you still intend to sign up to manage! You can read more about the decision here.

Interested in Managing

never been a manager :blobsad: but i have contributed a bit to the community as well as others. I dont have managing experience because no one pmuch likes me. I have been active for a long time, i know myself that i can be a great manager, so if you give me a chance, nothing will go wrong, and you get a huge huge thanks for being the first to let me as a manager. i hope you do, accelgor, big fan.

Major Malamars (name could change)

Mygrein

Banned deucer.
Interested in Managing

never been a manager :blobsad: but i have contributed a bit to the community as well as others. I dont have managing experience because no one pmuch likes me. I have been active for a long time, i know myself that i can be a great manager, so if you give me a chance, nothing will go wrong, and you get a huge huge thanks for being the first to let me as a manager. i hope you do, accelgor, big fan.

No Homo Kommo-o's (name could change)

Lily

cover me in sugar dust
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Managers have been chosen! Congratulations to the following users:

CBU
martha
hs
Bouff
Bebo
TDK
Indigo Plateau
Ramolost
note: this is not the draft order

Please PM me at some point either here or on Discord (Lily#0123) with your team names (and logos ideally, but not required) if they were not present in your signup post. Note that these do not have to be snake themed, but you can do that if you want to. Thanks to everybody who signed up - there were a lot of good options but not a lot of slots, so don't be discouraged if you weren't chosen this time around. Hope everyone enjoys the tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)