ORAS Ubers Ubers Hyper Offensive Team (1704 peak)

Top of the day to you all,
I am Dogknees and here I will be presenting to my first ever RMT of my hyper offensive team!

This team stems from the idea of an all-out offensive playing style, leaving little room for the opponent to breathe and form a proper counter-attack. With my best laddering push, I’ve managed to hit a high of 1704, beating one or two top 10 players along the way.

Notice that this team is not built around any specific pokemon, which is obviously extremely bad as there are so so so SO many checks, counters, and walls to this team. However, with simple predictions and good old overkill, I’ve managed to make this team work. Quick disclaimer however, this is quite a long RMT.

Nonetheless, let’s get into it!

First up is the Obvious Setup

Obvious setup (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Extreme Speed --> Great priority move for when the focus sash is consumed
- Psycho Boost --> Hard-hitting STAB for maximum damage
- Ice Beam --> Super-effective for much used flying and dragon types
- Stealth Rock --> Hazard Entry
Quite a fitting nickname if you ask me. Deoxys plays as my set up 99% of the time, serving as a typical suicide lead which can both setup an entry hazard and inflict intense damage.
Reasons for EV spread;

- 252+ SpA gives Deoxys even more firepower for its special moves
- 252 Spe for a guaranteed speed advantage above 97% of the Ubers meta
- 4 Atk for a tiny boost on Espeed, plus there was no other logical allocation for this

Strategy: Leading the pack, Deoxys is not meant to survive for very long. As a suicide lead / glass cannon, my only real intention for Deoxys is to get off the stealth rocks followed by either the ice beam or psycho boost, whichever is more suited for the situation. Focus sash enables Deoxys to be useful for more than one turn. I feel like anything else is a waste, given its sheer amount of potential. If played correctly, once the sash is consumed Deoxys can be switched out and brought back later to deal damage heavy damage.

Counters: Any steal type is a huge issue for Deoxys. With a resistance to all of Deoxys’ attacking moves, it forces out a switch which gives them a free turn to inflict status on an incoming Pokémon, set up the field with hazards, or gain some stat boosts. Overall, not a fun time.

And now, we have the lord BACON BIRD. PRAISE BE TO HIM.

BACON BIRD (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naïve Nature
- Oblivion Wing --> Intended to regain health lost from life orb
- Dark Pulse -- >Powerful STAB move for ghost types
- Sucker Punch --> For situations where Yveltal would usually not survive
- Foul Play / Heat wave --> For swords dance Arceus OR Klefki

The lord Bacon Bird is an absolute beast. Huge special attack coupled with the life orb and dark aura ability gives maximum damage output for Yveltal’s dark-type attacks.
Reasons for EV spread;

- 252+ SpA to best support dark pulse and oblivion wing
- 252 Spe to make a fast-hard hitting special attacker
- 4 HP for a tiny boost to help it tank physical moves

Strategy: Yveltal cooperates quite well with the rest of the team in its hyper offensive action. With hard hitting special moves, my Yveltal is built not to take a hit, but rather to deal one hell of a punch. Although with that being said, its naturally high HP means that it can take a hit from +2 Espeed killer. Let’s crunch the numbers real quick…

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 335-395 (85 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

With the capacity to tank a hit, Yveltal can be brought in and use foul play to guarantee a KO, with a 93.4% chance to KO a fully HP invested Arceus. Life orb is essential on this build, as I find Yveltal needs that slight boost. Yveltal can be brought in mid to end game and clean up remaining Pokémon with its STAB dark moves whilst regaining HP lost from the life orb with oblivion wing.

Counters: Xerneas will always KO Yveltal with moonblast, forcing a switch and granting a free geomancy. An oblivion wing followed by sucker punch can take around 50% of Xerneas’ HP, but may not be worth it depending on the situation. Klefki is also a huge threat, with priority thunder wave taking away from a large chunk of Yveltal’s offensive ability, which lies in its speed.

Typical on 80% of teams, here’s Primal Groudon (or my Cuddly buddy :3).

Cuddly buddy (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish --> Turns this slow tank into a fast tank
- Fire Punch --> Good stab move coupled with intense sun gives it huge hitting power
- Stone Edge --> Powerful flying coverage, primarily for Ho-Oh
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake --> I prefer precipice blades for the extra damage, but at the sacrifice of 15% accuracy. Hits like a truck/tank/any other heavy vehicle

This cute beast of destruction is surprisingly my second biggest sweeper, as once a rock polish is up it will simply destroy almost anything within two hits. P-Don’s typing ensures that it can switch in to certain status moves, and also wall out the appropriate Pokémon, Klefki and Primal Kyogre for instance.
Reasons for my EV spread;

- 12 Spe to both out speed a non-invested P-Don, and give it a nice 438 speed stat once rock polish has been used
- 252 HP to best tank out physical moves, even a precipice blades (252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 366-432 (90.5 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO)
- 244+ Atk for powerful physical moves

Strategy: Get a god damn rock polish up. This is extremely important to truly use P-Don’s full potential, being a fast physical sweeper. P-Don’s move coverage enables it to hit almost every Pokémon in the meta extremely hard, regardless of resistance. Precipi(miss) blades runs a risk to it, with that 85% accuracy. Regardless, if it can hit, you can expect for huge amounts of damage. Quick number crunching, here’s Precipice blades’ effectiveness on a fully invested HP Primal Kyogre.

244+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 300-354 (74.2 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So yeah, this hits HARD. Coupled with stealth rocks, you can generally expect a KO on Primal Kyogre most of the time. Naturally however a Primal Kyogre is invested with defence, so don’t rely on this too heavily.

Counters: Primal Kyogre of course, due to its typing and primordial sea ability. Giratina Origin is an annoying wall for P-Don, as it can tank any hit and either deal heavy damage with draco meteor or force a switch with roar/dragon tail. Bulky Arceus water is troublesome as well, since P-Don can’t deal more than 50% of damage without a crit, giving Arceus water the chance to toxic P-Don and recover stall.

Here we have the typical E-speed killer.

Practically God (Arceus) @ Lum berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed --> Powerful priority STAB move
- Shadow Claw --> Counter for psychic and ghost types
- Swords Dance --> Increased firepower
- Earthquake --> Check for steel / fire types

I’m sure everyone is familiar with the power which Arceus possesses. Extremely great all round stats as well as a fairly versatile move set makes Arceus a threat in any form, except for fire Arceus. For a good laugh, read the “usage tips” section of its Smogon analysis (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/arceus-fire/). Moving on, normal Arceus serves as a powerful revenge killer and sweeper.
Reasons for EV spread;

- 88 HP to tank out other physical Arceus
- 168+ Atk for increased power
- 252 Spe as an attempt to speed tie with other Arceus

Strategy: Get a god damn swords dance up. Arceus is already powerful, but adding the swords dance gives it just that extra punch to hit really hard. Selected moves means it has coverage over nearly every Pokémon. Prediction game is strong with this one, as to ensure its best use, a clever switch in is generally needed. Generally, I only ever bring in Arceus upon a Pokémon fainting OR if there’s an obvious ghost move switch in. Lum berry is just to ensure that Arceus doesn’t get crippled, as a burn or paralysis practically puts it out of the game.

Counters: Klefki is the main issue here. If not KO’d in one hit with earthquake, Arceus will be forced to switch out at risk of paralysis. If Klefki comes in whilst Arceus already has a swords dance up however, you can stay in and use earthquake as Lum berry will counter Klefki’s thunder wave or toxic. If magnet rise is used however, you WILL need to switch.

Moving on, I introduce to you my Mother in law.

Mother In law (Darkrai) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void --> Gives opportunity for setup
- Nasty Plot --> Doubling special attack for extreme damage
- Dark Pulse --> Powerful STAB move with flinch chance
- Sludge Bomb --> Fairy type coverage

We all know Darkrai like the back of our hands. With only a variation of sets, it’s no surprise of what the opponent has in store for you. Regardless of this, Darkrai commonly serves as a make or break figure in my team, often sweeping entire teams or clinging for life with the focus sash and dealing the final blow.
Reasons for EV spread;

- 4 HP because it really doesn’t matter where this extra goes
- 252 SpA makes for hard-hitting special moves
- 252+ Spe since max speed ensures speed ties with other Darkrai, and also to be quicker than nearly all other Pokémon in the meta so that dark void can be used

Strategy: Darkrai is a risky mon to be using, considering dark void’s inaccuracy, which is practically what Darkrai is built around. Like every other Darkrai, my strategy remains the same. Dark void for sleep, take advantage of a free turn with a nasty plot, and proceed to damage. Darkrai is never used as a switch in. When brought out after a Pokémon faints, if the opponent has a Ho-oh/Primal Kyogre/Giratina, it’s a safe bet that they’ll be predicting a dark void and switch to one of them, as those mons generally run sleep talk. This can be taken advantage of with a free nasty plot on the switch. Focus sash is used to help wall break, with the opposing mon taking out the sash whilst Darkrai uses dark void.

Counters: Stealth rocks and Klefki are the main issues. Stealth rocks break Darkrai’s sash, giving it ZERO effectiveness against anything that is faster, seeing how Darkrai is very defensively weak. With the sash broken, I can’t rely on Darkrai for much else, seeing how it won’t be able to survive a hit from any faster mons, therefor leaving me with no opportunity to use dark void. Klefki is just a pain to deal with as well, seeing how no substitute on my Darkrai set means that Klefki can easily thunder wave Darkrai which is a huge issue seeing how 90% of its power is based on speed alone.

And to finish off the RMT I give you my Spiky slug.

Spiky slug (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Defog --> Hazard remover and also sets up a free toxic if there is no switch (evasiveness)
- Dragon Tail --> Force switch for setup mons, primarly Rayquaza and mega Salamence as
- Toxic --> Gradual damage to bulky mons
- Shadow Sneak --> Powerful STAB priority coupled with Griseous Orb

Giratina Origin is extremely important in this build, despite not having the hyper offensive nature which all of my other mons have. With decent bulk and attack, Giratina Origin can both force switches and output heavy damage in either status or physical form.
Reasons for EV spread;

- 252 HP for extra bulk
- 252+ Atk for hard-hitting STAB dragon tail and STAB shadow sneak (Griseous Orb powers these up even further)
- 4 Def to help assist in tanking

Strategy: Pretty much dragon tail and shadow sneak spam. More than often with this team, I’m in a situation where Xerneas is sent in on Giratina. Most logically, I would switch out, but I rather take this opportunity to shadow sneak spam.

252+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Shadow Sneak vs. 184 HP / 28 Def Xerneas: 84-99 (19.1 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO

With a guaranteed two shadow sneaks assuming they use Geomancy, some important damage can be dealt. Coupled with stealth rocks, you’re looking at approximately 50% total damage. However, you will naturally be having to sacrifice Giratina, which is common. Shadow sneak also deals extreme damage on Mega Gengar as well.

252+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gengar: 198-234 (75.8 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Despite what the stats say, I always seem to do exactly 88% damage with shadow sneak. Coupled with stealth rocks, that’s a guaranteed KO on an otherwise tricky mon to deal with.

I find Rayquaza and Mega Salamence are commonly switched in against Giratina, as they generally assume I’d switch out at risk of an opposing powerful dragon move, leading to them using dragon dance. Responding to this, I prefer staying in and using dragon tail as a counter, dealing heavy damage and a forced switch. These hit HARD, and prove to be fatal if stealth rocks are up as they will take the damage when switched back into.

252+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rayquaza: 266-314 (75.7 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Dragon Tail vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 198-234 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Counters: Yveltal, Xerneas, Klefki, Dialga, Arceus-Ghost/Steel, Darkrai, just to name a few. Pretty much anything which heavy defensive bulk or a super effective move will be an issue for Giratina to handle, as its typing makes it weak to many common types in ubers.

All round issues for the team

Klefki

Its prankster ability can paralyse or poison any of my pokemon, which is an issue as paralysis takes away from the hyper offensive nature of the team, and toxic gives setup pokemon a timer before they’re either KO’d or forced to switch out.

Arceus-Water

252 HP coupled with 252 Defence and bold nature makes this mon a huge threat if Darkrai or Giratina are out of the mix. Recover means it can easily gain back lost health, coupled with toxic makes it excellent for stall.

Latios/Latias

High special attack along with soul dew just makes it hit like an absolute tank, with a 252+ Draco meteor from Latios being able to KO any of my pokemon.

Mega Kangaskhan

High attack coupled with parental bond means that its main priority moves, fake out and sucker punch, hit extremely hard. Despite being walled by Giratina, Mega Kangaskhan can hit anything in else on my team with high damage.

Mega Mewtwo X

Great move coverage along with huge attack and high speed makes it a fast, physical sweeper capable of taking out my entire team.

To Conclude…

In terms of an actual strategic build, this team is garbage. There are so many thing about it that shouldn’t work, but somehow do manage to scrape by majority of the time. The team does however function heavily around correct predictions, where one wrong move could quite easily ruin the entire match.

Also, credit to Antacool for some inspiration in terms of analysis and layout <3

And that concludes my hyper offensive RMT! Apologies for the very long thread, I feel like considering the peculiarity of this team that I needed to go quite in depth to analyse it. Regardless, feel free to leave any feedback and thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)