ORAS OU Trying some new stuff

Is Knockoffer a word?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I usually play a hyper offensive team or a team of mostly sweepers with two walls. This team is a little different and idk how I feel about it yet. I haven't lost yet but then again I'm only using it on low ladder so far.

Jezibell (Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Smeargle's job is to put something to sleep and then proceed to set up Toxic Spike and Spikes if possible. Destiny Bond is there to catch slightly slower attackers off guard and get them out of the picture so I don't have to worry about them.

Doritos (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Roar

Zapdos is the main physical wall and the phazer of the team. Heat Wave makes Zapdos the Ferrothorn/Scizor killer because both of those Pokemon give Venusaur and Pinsir trouble with the resistance and immunity to Venusaur's STABS as well st Pinsir's sweeping potential can be shut down by priority and the unnecessary damage of Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs

White Mage (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is my special wall and my teams cleric. It has Thunder Wave to slow down scarfers and other Pokemon that could outspeed and K.O. Pinsir or Venusaur. Seismic Toss is there for damage if it's safe for Chansey to attackwhen the opposing Pokemon are either not strong enough to pose a threat or are at low enough HP.

Nap Time (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

This Landorus is my mixed wall and knockoffer...is that a word? His Intimidate helps out the whole team when it comes to the physical stuff. U-Turn is there to give me some type of momentum and the Stealth Rocks are there to cripple and Charizards or Talonflames that want to come in and destroy my sweepers with STAB attacks.

Ball Buster (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor

Pinsir here is the main sweeper and the mega of the team. It has moxie so if i can K.O. with Quick Attack then Mega the next turn everything will die seeing as he'll eviscerate whatever wants to try to take the hit. Return and X-scissor are STABs and Close Combat is to hit the steel types that resist both of the said STABs.

Mac Daddy (Venusaur) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Venoshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Then there's this scarfed Venusaur with Venoshock...dafuq am I thinking? The toxic spikes on Smeargle are to make this Venu sweep with Venoshock so long as there are no flying or steel types. But in case I dont have the Toxic Spikes anymore I still have a STAB Sludge Bomb. Petal Dance is there for an extremely powerful grass STAB once all the walls to it are gone. Hp Fire is for in case Zapdos is down but there's still a Ferrothorn or a Scizor around.

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Please make sure to read the RMT Rules before making a post.
You need a brief 3-4 sentences describing each of your Pokemon in detail.
If these rules are NOT followed, this post will almost be guaranteed to get locked.
Until then, I will not rate your team at my own choice. If you do change it, I will rate it.

Thanks. :]

Mega Sableye destroys your team. I only know 3 'mons that can help. Lum Berry Bisharp, Talonflame, Unaware Clefable.

Unaware Clefable can replace Chansey sort of.
Moonblast / Wish / Protect / Aromatherapy
you lose T-wave. IDK how big of a deal that is as I play stall. that is why I pointed out that weakness.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)