SM OU trying not to stall

Ok so after playing competitively for some time now, I tried building my first synergized (i hope thats a word) team. After lots of research and consideration, I came up with this mostly stall team that I believe has the potential to carry offensive weight. While it still reamains the best team I have made to date, I'm still only winning a little over half of my battles. would love some input and ideas on this team to help make it the best possible option. I have a lot of fun running this team and now it's time to start taking in more wins.

WALL:
chansey.jpg

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- seismicross

Chansey is the pretty obvious wall and I have really come to love this mon because it has honestly, been the deciding factor in a lot of battles. My only two counters have been mons that have attack setup and or a close combat. It pretty much tanks everything else with ease and the toxic soft-boiled set makes things infuriating for the enemy. I start with chansey because its my go to mon at the beginning of battles. I love seismic toss too because it packs more a wallop than most expect. the stealth rock is another good one thats easy to get out with its unbreakable body.

Cleric/Healer:
clefff.jpg
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Clefable serves another basic role as the healer of the group. It manages to tank a good number of hits on the switch in and scares away those mean dragons. Heal bell and wish a must because my team tanks so many hits and needs the restoration level 100 that clefable provides. It's still not being used to its full ability though because by the time I'm usually sending it in, its against a late game mon who has setup already. Looking for more ideas on clefable.

Defensive special attacker defogger:
zps.jpg
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Ive liked zapdos so far because of its ability to tank a hit on the switch ins against a lot of common mons in the ou like kartana or scizor. I mention the steel types because of the heat wave i gave zapdos. It's not expected most of the time by enemies and can take out the likes of ferrathorn and scizor with ease. It's also my defogger but the problem is that it's mostly defogging stealth rock which it already swtiched into and lost 25 % of health to. Thats why i have roost. It lets me switch in, defog as the opposing mon switches out, then roosts on the next turn (if it has the chance ... i mean if theres no landorus). While zapdos has served well as my special attacker, its still falling short defensively against the countless number of mons that threaten it in the ou meta game and ultimately doesn't do too well as my defogger. Looking for a possible replacement.

Physical mon:
choice_scizor.png
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Speaking of scizor, mega scizor is kind of my late game revenge killer. I usuall switch in once I lose my usual starting mons like zapdos or gastrodon and hit them with a bullet punch. And i can usually get off a curse if the enemy feels threatened. However, due to its speed, if I go to use u-turn, which is a must do to its low SP D and 4x weakness to fire, its hard to get off or get out alive. I love scizor, and originally built this team around it, but it definitely needs something else to make it shine more.

Troll:
ferr.png
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Grass Knot
- Spikes

I love ferrothorn. Competitively, it hast to be my favorite mon. It tanks anything thats not fire and fighting (two common one's; I know) and then punishes any of those who wish to do it harm. I've seen this thing take down mons without even using an attacking move. The rocky helmet, iron barbs combo is deadly and I love this mon to use on the switch in. I love using leech seed, letting the mon hit me, take crazy amounts of damage (specifically charizard and flare blitz) then sap their health then protect the next turn. I love this mon- as the troll of my team, it serves me so well and i have no complaints.

Switch God:
gast.jpg
Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Earth Power

Lastly, I have gastrodon (East only!!!). The storm drain covers any water type moves while the dual typing protects it from anything not grass. I love this mon on the switch in against electric of fire because theyre forced to switch out once gastrodon comes in and when they do, I toxic the mon coming in. Its bulky enough to tank a good number of hits - and recover does its fair share too - but where it falls short is attacking power. Its a mon who's typing is crucial to the meta game and needs to pull through against the big game threats like landorus and heatran ... but it doesn't. It's attack is laughable and when it loses half health from the likes of the previously mentioned OU behemoths, it doesn't take it the mons I need it to take out! Thoughts? Let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)